Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Have you become so Jaded that you think you will never marry?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deere_rancher
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Have you become so Jaded that you think you will never marry?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Op ..I admit marriage hasn't been kind to me ....but when it was good
it beats the h3ll out of anything I've found in the single world
so jaded are not ... i would like to be there again
 JoeBnD
Msg: 77
Have you become so Jaded that you think you will never marry?
Posted: 1/27/2013 3:43:29 PM

Joe bnd, Ive seen a few other people on here say that they dont feel like they will ever find someone-what makes you say that. Does it have to do with age or just feelings?

Alright, since you asked (I will try to be brief). Part of it does have to do with age (although that is likely the least of my issues), part of it has to do with health issues I have (mental and physical), my appearance has greatly declined (you would be surprised to see what I looked like when younger, and I still had major difficulty getting women interested), my trust and opinion of people has greatly declined, and past history in the romantic arena is still a clear indicator (I came on this and other sites thinking maybe I was wrong; I wasn't). Throw in my particular preferences and that mailbox of mine just stays empty (I may get the rare contact, but it is from someone who obviously never read my profile).

So now I focus on getting past my depression enough so that some days I have enough energy/motivation to either go snow skiing or work on my car (doing some of that today). If I have a really good day, I may get some things done to prepare my recently deceased mother's condo for sale this spring.

Just an FYI. My real name is not Joe; my handle is a play on names like Joe Cool or Joe Skier, etc. My real name is Ross.
 handyreis11
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/27/2013 9:39:57 PM
Rodney Dangerfield was famous for saying "I believe in the institution of marriage, but who wants to live in an institution?"
 FatBottomGirI
Msg: 79
Posted: 4/2/2013 7:17:23 AM
I don't feel jaded have just never had whatever urge it is that women get that tells them to get married. I have never felt "in love" with anyone although I have been in relationships. For whatever reason my stomach get nauseated at the thought of getting married. Wouldn't even begin to know how to fix that problem or if I even want to fix it. I have just assumed maybe I am not meant to be "the marrying kind".
 Tsar850
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/2/2013 7:48:27 AM
I will never marry with a state license, but not because of being jaded. For me it is a common sense decision.

I was married twice I was very fortunate to have lived in a state that allowed adultery as a ground for divorce. That allowed me to come out of both in much better shape than if I would have been held to the unjust 50/50 split of a no fault only state.

I now live in a no fault only state so state sponsored marriage is out. If I met the right person I would have a spiritual marriage ceremony and would take the vows just a serious as I did my first two marriages.

The state I live in also doesn't recognize common law marriage so if it didn't work for any reason there would be no messy settlement. We would each keep what is truly ours and be done.
 AthatitaApudetat
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/2/2013 9:12:08 AM
marriage is a religious ceremony symbolising the joining of two flesh as one. The government should never join church and state but they do in this manor because they make money on the licence and courts for divorce. For me marriage is a permanent binding of two as one. If I ever find a woman of the same yoke as me then yes without a doubt I will marry and we will be as one. But in todays time its very hard to find someone with my values and beliefs so I doubt I'll ever marry.
 dobbie101
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2013 9:27:17 AM
Peppermint _Petunias
Not often that there is a response that dishes aside all the balderdash and gets to reality. Well said.
 sigungq
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2013 4:22:44 PM
OP, I'm closing on 50. Never been married, and never even been on a date. Yes, I am jaded. I don't take women seriously anymore.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 84
Posted: 4/2/2013 5:38:57 PM
As one who has been married ( 13 years) and divorced (16years now) I have no intention of getting married again but I don't rule it out either.
 SweetSun13
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/2/2013 6:07:36 PM
I don't believe statistics that aren't warranted by science, no. I am turning 32 soon and would rather stick needles in my eyes than worry about being married by 40.

I like being single, I enjoy dating. I deserve to love and be loved. If I'm still single by 50 it's freedom 55 baby!

Also, there is a new lifestyle of marrying singlehood. Men and women marry themselves or their decisions to remain single. However, this is not scientific fact, I saw it on the telly once.
 forums1
Msg: 86
Posted: 4/2/2013 6:58:20 PM

marriage is a religious ceremony symbolising the joining of two flesh as one. The government should never join church and state but they do in this manor because they make money on the licence and courts for divorce.

Never did get the "license" concept for marriage... I mean, ok, the state makes me pass a driving test (written & skills) to get a drivers license... but what test to you take for marriage? Maybe a blood test in some states - seriously, what does that prove about your ability to 'successfully navigate' a marriage??
 MsMaggieMay
Msg: 87
Posted: 4/2/2013 9:53:22 PM
I know I will never marry. That's not me being jaded,that's just me accepting a fact. I've accepted and made peace with the path I have been forced onto.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2013 6:34:49 AM
I don't agree with the statistics. As for myself, I think I would like to be married again. I'm not sure I will be, but that is ok, too.
 i_ski_do_u
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/3/2013 7:10:39 AM
Yep.

I can't have a one word answer as it was to short of a message to post, so here is a filler.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/3/2013 2:48:13 PM
I k ow I can gets dried even being in my fifties my biggest dream was to have kids with guy I am maried to u know that traditional family with mom dad n two kids. I never had dad at home or siblings. And now at age of 33 my dream of having my own kids gets fainter n fainter as for getting maried older I get with each day pool of Avaiable guy get smaller n smaller as I see a lot of girls arond me gettin married or engaged each summer :(
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2013 3:32:15 PM
I am not jaded but I don't understand why so many women that are 30+, and never married so jaded? The women that are 30+ divorce and/or have kids are more optimistic and radiate a positive vibe from my conversations with them. o.O

What gives? I suppose life experiences for these women have humbled them, but one would think men and women that have not married or have kids by their 30's shouldn't be jaded. Very interesting to say the least!
 Advwench
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/3/2013 3:38:32 PM

What gives? I suppose life experiences for these women have humbled them, but one would think men and women that have not married or have kids by their 30's shouldn't be jaded. Very interesting to say the least!

Maybe it's that pessimistic quality affecting their marital status, not the other way around.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/3/2013 5:18:13 PM
Well I do worry about veering married n having kids. Yeah if someone gets married at 33 lucky them. They just made it before last bell to have kids. I will be 34 this summer n I don't even have a bf not seeing anyone n no one contacted me on POF either. So yeah do do worry that I'm will run out of time to have kids. If I don't get married within next two yrs I can def forget about having kids. As for marriage goes like I said before I have whole another 30 yrs or so
 MsMaggieMay
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/3/2013 5:25:12 PM
I am not jaded but I don't understand why so many women that are 30+, and never married so jaded? The women that are 30+ divorce and/or have kids are more optimistic and radiate a positive vibe from my conversations with them. o.O

There is a world of difference between being jaded and just being realistic about your life situation.

Well I do worry about veering married n having kids. Yeah if someone gets married at 33 lucky them. They just made it before last bell to have kids. I will be 34 this summer n I don't even have a bf not seeing anyone n no one contacted me on POF either. So yeah do do worry that I'm will run out of time to have kids. If I don't get married within next two yrs I can def forget about having kids. As for marriage goes like I said before I have whole another 30 yrs or so

Two words.Sperm bank. It's not as bad or as expensive as you think. I just wish I had did it before I got sick and became unable to carry a baby.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/3/2013 5:35:11 PM
Single mother is not what I had in mind. I was raised without dad or siblings and I would not wish any child to be looking at other kids with dad n wonder where is my dad to do it with me? That would be very selfish of me
 sassybaby2013
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/3/2013 5:43:19 PM
Not all people have a dad and a mom. Some do have a dad and wish they did not because they are abusive. A loving, caring. Environment with one parent can be just as good as having both. Some parents die, this is life. Life is never perfect.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/3/2013 6:23:11 PM
Well yeah with happen In life but for most kids not from the get to not till later when they older I just want dad if I to have a child other wise it not worth it bc child should not miss on having both mom and dad. If I would to get divorced later on the kid still gets weekends and some summer with dad. I would not take it way from them only selfish ppl who think about themself "I want" would do it to the child
 Maid-merry-on
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/3/2013 6:26:49 PM
I'm 48 and for the longest time I chose not to remarry based on the men I've met and dated. Then I met someone who changed all that and now...I've got this feeling I would love to be married again. Not particularly him but through him I see some hope and feel that to have someone to share life with again would be something I could get used to again.
 Schatzi2015
Msg: 99
Posted: 4/3/2013 6:30:13 PM

I'm going to be 35 soon. Never been married and have no kids. And I'm really not sure if it'll happen to be honest.

I do want to get married and have a family and I don't care of the guy has his own kids or is a divorcee. But the problem is that good men are hard to come by. And if they do come by, they have their own issues they haven't handled.

I think I've run my luck out on men. I can't seem to catch a break to be honest.

I'm giving one last shot at happiness and then throwing in the towel for good.

I am in the same boat. I think that I have just become overly picky. Caught between should, if I should lower my standards a tad or just kick them up to a new level.

Its easy to get jaded. But, you have to keep up the faith, even if its blind.
 sigungq
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2013 6:33:17 PM
KatarzynaLuiza,

Just loosen up some of your filters. Look a little further than your immediate neighborhood, and loosen the age range a bit. I'm thinking the small town of Tonnawanda doesn't have too many single men between 32 and 36. Just sayin'
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Have you become so Jaded that you think you will never marry?