Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Have you become so Jaded that you think you will never marry?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluefish7070
Msg: 105
Have you become so Jaded that you think you will never marry?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
the sentence structure of the question should be corrected.

based on what life has shown me.....

'If I would ever marry, I would become so jaded......'
 AthatitaApudetat
Msg: 106
Have you become so Jaded that you think you will never marry?
Posted: 4/4/2013 12:02:30 AM

Never did get the "license" concept for marriage... I mean, ok, the state makes me pass a driving test (written & skills) to get a drivers license... but what test to you take for marriage? Maybe a blood test in some states - seriously, what does that prove about your ability to 'successfully navigate' a marriage??

The licence don't mean nothing except revenue for the paper and revenue from divorce in the courts. Thats why they do it. They found a way to tax religion.

on a side note if I found a woman who believes in what marriage really is about then I would marry her. I'm not single by choice. I'm just wise at making my decisions not jaded.
 curviest
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2013 11:32:05 AM
"At high school when all the girls were practising their "married name signatures" (admit it, you did it too..) I was looking at life after school which included uni and travel. I have never lived my life with the idea that I needed to be assisted or partnered through, until the day I die.
I find marriage is a societal imposition. I shall continue to live and love as I please without governmental permission and societal acceptance. It's an "idea", to me. A really repulsive one."

HURRAH
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 108
Posted: 4/4/2013 12:10:34 PM

I don't want to get married, but it has nothing to do with jadedness (or lack of desire for a LTR). As I've stated elsewhere, to me it's simply a dying paradigm.

If it was really important to the man I end up with, I would probably do so, but otherwise? No thanks.

As my sister from another Mister said above - it's an old fashioned concept. No jadedness involved, just not motivated to pursue it. Not sure what the purpose of that would be.
 Winterneedstoend
Msg: 109
Posted: 4/4/2013 2:59:28 PM
I'm turning 30 this year and I'm confident that I will get married, I'm just not giving myself deadlines. I am finally getting things settled in my own life and the rest will unfold on it's own. If by chance it doesn't happen then I will be taking a lot of vacations and doing the things that I want to do.
 sigungq
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2013 3:41:02 PM
forums1 wrote:

Never did get the "license" concept for marriage... I mean, ok, the state makes me pass a driving test (written & skills) to get a drivers license... but what test to you take for marriage? Maybe a blood test in some states - seriously, what does that prove about your ability to 'successfully navigate' a marriage??

The history of the "marriage license" is a rather interesting one. Firstly, Black's Law Dictionary defines "License" as the government granting one to own or operate and activity that would otherwise be illegal. So this (of course) begs the question: What would normally be illegal about marriage? Well, it used to be illegal to marry inter-racially. Hence, if someone wanted to marry outside their race, they would have to procure a license from the state or county in which they lived in order to marry. As human rights took center stage, and people of all races started gaining equality, this "license" SHOULD have been a thing of the past. However, "BIG BROTHER" in his zeal to get all of his subjects under his thumb, went the other way, and mandated a license for marriage for all people.

When it comes to any group of people seeking equality with others, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.........
 wherever_may_go
Msg: 111
Posted: 4/4/2013 4:14:43 PM
Don't ever want to get married. Most people nowadays end up in divorce and hate each other anyway. No thanks, I'll pass.
 MrMeSir
Msg: 112
Posted: 4/4/2013 4:28:53 PM
The only positive to marriage is the monetary gain, and i believe common law might have the same benifit. I've never been religious, not my family, not me, though i have poked around in a the bible and qur'an a bit to see what all the fuss was about, both texts have great information in them, none of the information warrents blind faith to accept and understand, also doesn't urge me to believe in a god, does help me understand people more, as i see the texts more as psychology texts, than anything else.

I'm definitly not opposed to celebrating a planned life long partnership with friends and family, it such a wide spread theme, i think it could be great fun to have a big party with everyone, focused on our life together, though, i can't ever picture me being part of an actual wedding, too cliches and boring for me.

I guess the anwser is no i haven;t become too jaded, classical just doesn't fit me at all.
 MsMaggieMay
Msg: 113
Posted: 4/4/2013 7:49:46 PM

I personally wouldn't use the word never because I have been proven wrong on that so much. I used to say never to many things but I have changed so much since I was a kid. I used to think marriage was out of the question for me when I was 19, but my attitudes have changed and I can seriously see myself being married at some point. I think from my view I don't view marriage has to happen in a certain time frame so my mindset is probably different from the ladies that want to marry and have kids right away.

You are young,attractive and I would assume healthy. I am none of those things. The not being young and attractive would be fine,and I could still find someone,but no one in their right mind wants to deal with the issues of an unhealthy person. People want to go places and do things and most of the time I am tied to the house. People want to have an active relationship which in all honestly I am not capable of anymore. This is what I mean by being realistic about your life situation. This is my life now. I accept it. At first I did not and was quite angry,but now since being accepting of my situation I let go of the anger.
 sigungq
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2013 7:54:46 PM
I've become so jaded I don't believe I'll ever get a date, let alone sex and/or marriage.
 Casper66
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2013 8:35:57 PM
Well I don't believe you have to be married to be in a committed relationship so I'm not jaded, since I'm not religious at al,l marriage really isn't a priority for myself, it depends on the people involved and what their definition of a relationship is, if they are happy who cares what you label it. Nowadays you can have many of the same benefits in a common-law relationship as a marriage, I'm not sure what the comparative success rates between the two are but it's not one size fits all anymore, there is not the social pressures nowadays to get married unless you and your SO want to. Do what makes you happy.
 Inicia
Msg: 116
Posted: 4/5/2013 10:23:29 PM
it is funny how many people associate to the ideology of a happy family married with children. Sometimes this can be the most horrendous situation for two people who started out in love.. Of course realize I didn't say most of the time or all of the time I said sometimes...
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2013 3:10:16 AM
I'm waiting for society to legalize polygamy. Now that same sex marriages are on their way to becoming legal in most states, I figure it's just a matter of time. With five (5) wives I should have a good chance of having sex at least once a week with at least one of them and getting a home cooked meal once in awhile. Of course each will have to work during the day and make good money, so I'll get a good alimony check when they divorce me. :-)
 sigungq
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2013 7:46:07 AM
Polygamy is definitely coming. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the US today, so this will be next. Remeber - "tolerance"?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 119
Posted: 4/6/2013 8:02:50 AM
So, with Polygamy coming - men who are having a hard time finding one woman over years will now have the societal pressure of having to find many women? Oh boy - I can just imagine the forum threads now.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 120
Posted: 4/6/2013 8:06:56 AM
Ok but guys u remember equally if u can have wife's she will be able to have 5 husbandslol. In us we have equal rights. So u better have a good job n be good in bed bc if they divorce u Man U will be lucky to be able to afford underwear. Oh and remember all the kids u will have and step kids. Man U betters start saving now. U man r so stupid I swear
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 121
Posted: 4/6/2013 8:08:30 AM
I wonder howany few ales would actually be ok with beeing wife number 2. Should u like to be husband number 2 or 3. It will have to be ok with u to listen to her having sex with other husband too
 sigungq
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2013 3:30:35 PM
KatarzynaLuiza wrote:

Ok but guys u remember equally if u can have wife's she will be able to have 5 husbandslol. In us we have equal rights. So u better have a good job n be good in bed bc if they divorce u Man U will be lucky to be able to afford underwear. Oh and remember all the kids u will have and step kids. Man U betters start saving now. U man r so stupid I swear

You OBVIOUSLY don't understand......... When Sharia law takes over, women will be stripped of their rights, and only men will be allowed to have multiple wives, and they will be confined to the home.
 MsMaggieMay
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/6/2013 4:38:43 PM

You OBVIOUSLY don't understand......... When Sharia law takes over, women will be stripped of their rights, and only men will be allowed to have multiple wives, and they will be confined to the home.

You really like that idea don't you?
 m8t
Msg: 124
Posted: 4/6/2013 4:53:38 PM
Jaded has nothing to do with it. Some people like me have figured out that its not a life requirement.
At this juncture my children are married, my debts are paid, and I dont see the benefits.
I can still grow old with someone without a piece of paper.
 sigungq
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2013 11:39:11 AM
MsMaggieMay wrote:

You really like that idea don't you?

No, in fact I think the biggest mistake GW made was not to nuke the entire middle-east completely out of existence. I can't stand that mindset, but there are those who believe we should be tolerant and embrace the different mindsets. As such, those tolerant minded people will probably be eating crow when their little embraces become hard law.
 jeni366
Msg: 126
Posted: 4/7/2013 2:33:10 PM
do you find that you are more Apprehensive to marry?

Years ago I would have said yes. In recent years my perspective on life has changed. I am not jaded; I am very comfortable with who I am and the life I have. Maybe I will marry again someday but I won't feel like something is missing from my life if I don't.

So, with Polygamy coming - men who are having a hard time finding one woman over years will now have the societal pressure of having to find many women? Oh boy - I can just imagine the forum threads now.

Good reply. I love it! :)
 Tsar850
Msg: 127
Posted: 4/7/2013 3:32:43 PM
State run marriage is nothing but a legal way to steal someone else's property. Jaded no smart enough to know better yes.
 TedJMill
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2013 6:05:37 PM
I wouldn't say jaded, but I know what I want and don't want now. I'm not interested in sex, and I wouldn't want someone to live with all the time, just someone to get together once or twice a week; marriage wouldn't work for me.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Have you become so Jaded that you think you will never marry?