Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Evening news more interesting than POFPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Msg 34.. i have wondered too with some women. Why the hell are they on a website looking for dates. Consensually gorgeous, successful, yet they are here time after time. Beats me. Something wrong with the men?
 ohenryx
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Evening news more interesting than POF
Posted: 1/23/2013 12:18:43 PM

I'm 46, decent looking, don't put out on first date, and am getting nowhere.

There is your problem. Change your intent to "Intimate Encounter", start putting out on the first date / initial meeting (as 1/3 of all women do anyway), and your dance card will be full.
 daynadaze
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2013 12:29:00 PM
I'm guessing because they are being honest. If a man likes to fish, shouldn't I know that right away? What's wrong with men portraying themselves as they are? If they don't smile much, then don't show a smiling picture. If they are going to be camped out hunting & fishing and dressed in fatigues, then show me that in their profile. I think people should present themselves just as they are, and if that weeds out people, good, that's part of a profile's job. I have no idea what the evening news has to do in comparison with POF.

I know why some pursue women online but don't want to meet-- some just like to talk to women online, some want cyber sex and some are just bored while their wife/girlfriend are doing something besides making them a sandwich.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 1:05:30 AM
I would say there are a variety of reasons to answer all your questions. Different people can do the same exact thing (or not do anything as the case may be) for totally different reasons. Some people get so caught up in reading the profiles and the forums, etc that they never step out of the comfort of that cocoon to actually get out in the real world. Some of the profiles are fakes. Some of the profiles are lies. As with everything online, it's easier to say whatever you want to say and be whoever you want to be online. Out in the real world is a different story. People are braver online.
I sometimes get tired of the pics of fish and motorcycles, but I figure in the scheme of things what does it matter? The men get tired of the women posting pics of themselves when they were 10 years younger and 50 pounds lighter. The women are just as bad about not responding and the men are just as bad about calling themselves "average" in weight when they are not and yet looking for "barbie" when they are far from being "Ken". Each gender accuses the other gender of things that both are guilty of. Nothing new about any of this.
 DameWrite
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 2:12:53 AM
I'd lose the pic of you sitting in the chair. (and toss that shirt). I would not use my picker as obviously it's not working, I'd get my friend to pick for me. I'd meet every one, just to see.
I'd quit complaining about pof dates and go outside and meet someone IRL by doing what I love to do, because they will run into me there and find me irresistible, if they don't, I'll know it's me.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >