Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Anybody ever hear of a GF who refuses to go to a conert...EVER?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 47
Anybody ever hear of a GF who refuses to go to a conert...EVER?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I know where she's coming from because I used to be like that full blown in my teens through college. I'm not as bad about concerts now because I do go from time to time but I much prefer smaller venues. I just don't like the massive amounts of people, prefer small groups, the smaller the better. I feel smothered, I prefer space and a sense of general freedom. I also like to be able to check out people enjoying themselves but that's very difficult when there's thousands, sensory overload. I also want the option to step away after a little bit and get away from the music and return under my control. At a loud concert, this is not really possible. So, yes, there are others who will not attend a concert even it's their most favorite groups. I refused to go see Queen and many iconic groups during their heyday. So stop being so self-centered and try to understand your significant other because if you continue to view her the way you do, then it's seems like she not so "significant" to you after all.

Invite her to a hole-in-the-wall bar with a quieter setting to listen to a live band and see how she feels about that. She might be willing to go to those. You have to learn to adapt and grow towards your partner not draw a line in the sand, especially over something so silly.
 FairOaksChick
Msg: 48
Anybody ever hear of a GF who refuses to go to a conert...EVER?
Posted: 2/2/2013 7:53:26 AM
I don't like concerts, unless they are outside and I can get up and walk around and walk far away from the band and the people. I don't like live music in a club, would much rather have a DJ.

I also hate sitting in theaters, so movies are out.

If you LOVE concerts and she hates them, you two are incompatible.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/2/2013 8:24:57 AM
I hate big crowds even when I went clubbing I hated crowds and it's not changing. Op, You and your female are not compatible.
 for4rums_loner_here
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/2/2013 9:28:16 PM
""""""""""""""""I hate big crowds even when I went clubbing I hated crowds and it's not changing.""""""""""""""

I love crowds, as such, but I don't like the individuals that make up the crowds.

I like the energy of an entire stadium screaming for the right cause, like at those Emerson Lake and Palmer concerts. I like an entire gymnasium full of eleven- and twelve-graders jumping rhythmically, like a huge heart muscle that's in the "zone", to some boom-boom music. I love the roar of fans after a goal at the world soccer championships, and the goal-kicker running at full speed, with his fist in the air, and the biggest f smile you've ever seen on anyone's face. (I don't like though when they drop to their knees, kiss a crucifix, and emit a half-hour prayer of thanks to the lord. The prayer holds up the tempo of the match.)

And why I don't like the individuals? In my time they were bellowing, dope-smoking, bag-ffing, rambunctious no-good-doers. They smelled bad, they drank and they did not pay rent on time. Most of them had been to jail for more than two weeks. The women smoke, spat, gurgled with Windex, and had tats when it was not in vogue.

"""""""""""""""Op, You and your female are not compatible."""""""""""""

many people have given this verdict to the hapless OP. But I disagree, and I disagree strongly.

The OP and his older gf are very, VERY compatible. They have the fights, they have nothing in common, they break up almost hourly, but ... BUT they also get back together hourly, because... BECAUSE there is a very strong attraction on some level.

Now some of you may argue that attraction and compatibility are not the same thing, and your argument is valid. I say, however, that I am very compatible with my keyboard, yet I don't use it to whack off to.

Attraction, compatibility... they both work to keep a couple together. I say the boy OP and his mature woman lover are really into each other, and if you want to call their mesh incompatible, so be it... but I call them compatible in the whole as a couple, because they reunite exactly as many times as they break up, and they do CARE about what the other does not care about. This is genuine caring. More than what I pretended to have when several of my eternal loves told me how they were betrayed by their exes, and I say, yes, Hun, I am sorry, that **stard, as I kept on doing my Sunday morning sudoku.
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 51
Posted: 2/2/2013 11:43:04 PM
Your situation in particular I can see maybe offer to do something else she likes, but I agree with you about something...

SOme people just arent into music.

YESSS! Many people are not into music, I have met people who do not even really listen to music, EVER,lol...speachless myself....Many people SAY they are "into" music, meaning I want to relate to society with commonalities, even if they are not true,lol...

Also realizing by reading this forum, how many people dont "like" concerts.

It follows the same lines as above, but they are lazy to....Big Crowds, people , living , moving, Yikes, ....Why when you can sit at home and listen to a cd by yourself...

I had never heard someone say they hate concerts

lmao....

And for the comment that seeing a favourite live show/band, does not sound perfect, like listening to your cd,...You have never really herd the bands sound before,the atmosphere they produce, or how the singer sounds like truly ...
 Archangel_07
Msg: 52
Posted: 2/3/2013 7:21:11 AM
I love crowds, as such, but I don't like the individuals that make up the crowds.

I like the energy of an entire stadium screaming for the right cause, like at those Emerson Lake and Palmer concerts. I like an entire gymnasium full of eleven- and twelve-graders jumping rhythmically, like a huge heart muscle that's in the "zone", to some boom-boom music. I love the roar of fans after a goal at the world soccer championships, and the goal-kicker running at full speed, with his fist in the air, and the biggest f smile you've ever seen on anyone's face. (I don't like though when they drop to their knees, kiss a crucifix, and emit a half-hour prayer of thanks to the lord. The prayer holds up the tempo of the match.)

And why I don't like the individuals? In my time they were bellowing, dope-smoking, bag-ffing, rambunctious no-good-doers. They smelled bad, they drank and they did not pay rent on time. Most of them had been to jail for more than two weeks. The women smoke, spat, gurgled with Windex, and had tats when it was not in vogue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people Like concerts and some don't.

many people have given this verdict to the hapless OP. But I disagree, and I disagree strongly.

The OP and his older gf are very, VERY compatible. They have the fights, they have nothing in common, they break up almost hourly, but ... BUT they also get back together hourly, because... BECAUSE there is a very strong attraction on some level.

Now some of you may argue that attraction and compatibility are not the same thing, and your argument is valid. I say, however, that I am very compatible with my keyboard, yet I don't use it to whack off to.

Attraction, compatibility... they both work to keep a couple together. I say the boy OP and his mature woman lover are really into each other, and if you want to call their mesh incompatible, so be it... but I call them compatible in the whole as a couple, because they reunite exactly as many times as they break up, and they do CARE about what the other does not care about. This is genuine caring. More than what I pretended to have when several of my eternal loves told me how they were betrayed by their exes, and I say, yes, Hun, I am sorry, that **stard, as I kept on doing my Sunday morning sudoku.

-----------------------------------------------------
Hey Smartass,
That's your choice. You have your view and I have mine of things. And I have every right to post as much you do, We just don't agree with each others statements and that's fine. So there's nothing more further to discuss.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/3/2013 7:24:54 AM
She is crazy, ....dump her and find a gf who wants to do things with you..
 AnAustralianWoman
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/3/2013 8:20:18 AM
Mr Orionthehunter9...Firstly you need to find your sense of humour. At least I don't put 'Bacholer's Degree' on my profile...like every second person does.
It's quite clear that this fellow's woman is not into concert's...Is that a crime?
Here he is whining because she won't go to concert's with him. Perhap's she has a phobia with crowd's, or it just isn't her thing.
It's just like hiking, camping, hunting,opera,ballet...We all have our like's and dislikes. She doesn't like concert's and OP need's to understand that not everybody likes the same thing's he likes.
 John255317
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/3/2013 8:34:30 AM
I went to a lot of concerts this year, Train, Journey, Benatar, Loverboy, Bush,Ghickenfeet,Seether, and Huey lewis. I never went to concerts before but I enjoyed it a lot. Was about half and half as far as inside and outside. For me, it is being really close to the stage. I am not interested in sitting in the nose bleed section. I started going because the person I dated enjoyed them a lot. But I did get into them fairly quickly and will continue. To me OP, it is all about give and take. Sometimes we do things that maybe we don't want to do or better yet, really don't know much about. I think being there for the other person is important and she or he just may get into it! I would hope the other person would do and hopefully enjoy what I like also. Not everything is going to end up that way but if it is really important, couples make it happen or there becomes a problem. Going to a concert shouldn't become a huge problem between the two of you.
 Orionthehunter9
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/3/2013 8:36:24 AM
AustralianWoman you're a riot. Suggesting I need a sense of humor when it was you who call the OP a control freak and suggest the remedy is an industrial sized can of harden the fvck up! I had previously acknowledged she may have a phobia around crowds and that the OP be sensitive to the possibility. Mind you it's all a guessing game for him because she doesn't tell him why she won't attend. If anybody sounds like the control freak its the other half.

Australianwoman, the only reason I put Bachelor Degree on my profiles is because I can't put Bachelor DegreeS. I have two of them. It's likely best to stick to sharing your insight on things that you cite as interests and have a knowledge of. Like toilet cleaning and toenail trimming.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2013 2:49:10 PM
Have you asked her? As the others said, Maybe she doesn't like the big crowds. Maybe she doesn't like how loud it can get and worries about her hearing. Sounds like your relationship has other issues also if you are breaking up every month for a few days-that sounds so high school. It's not just about who she wants to date. You get a vote, too. I hate it when people say they don't want "drama", cause how can you have lived and not had drama. In this case though, I think you need to ask yourself if she's worth the drama.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2013 2:59:27 PM
Grow up and get a new girlfriend, wtf? She doesn't want to go, doesn't matter why, if you have friends go with them, fight over. You are staying with someone with whom you have an incompatible relationship apparently because she doesn't want anyone else. You just want to be miserable or you'd find someone who'd go to the concert with you.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/3/2013 3:53:00 PM
everyone has something they are passionate about; and that passion is something that takes a ton of time, energy and focus.

What is her passion? If she did back down and go to a concert with you (which I would hope you would pay if you are dragging her against her will, to be a good sport to you); what is a passion of hers that you don't like that you could share just so both of you are reaching out to the other?

And hwat are the other things that you guys jar on, that cause monthly breakups? If you don't share passions, sometimes go a week without seeing each other rather than share things one of you is passionate about, neither of you understands where the other is coming from and the reason you are mostly together because of the habit almost, what are either of you doing to find each other's passions, meet in the middle and try and understand how each other thinks?

Give and take is normal. Meeting in the middle. But htis much drama? Drama to me means like both people are on wildly different pages and they both want to "win" rather than find common ground.

And drama, though it might have good make up sex between constant fights, is a lousy way to have a fulfilling partnership. imho anyways. Either meet in the middle or both of you find people who share your passions and comfort zones.

Because it doesn't sound like the status quo is working all that great.

(I personally adore music and have never gone to a concert I have not totally loved; but I would not expect everyone in my life to feel exactly the sam way; I hate the state fair for the same reason the OP's girlfriend hates concerts (I assume). Massive claustrophobia, unless I go really late when the crowds start thinning and I have room to roam without inch wide steps; and I know some people feed on the crowds and the craziness. Everyone is different)
 ilovehistory
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2013 4:45:21 PM

At least I don't put 'Bacholer's Degree' on my profile...like every second person does.

Hate to get your hamster spinning, but have you considered that he puts "Bachelor's Degree" because he HAS a Bachelor's Degree? If "Every second person" has a Bachelor's Degree, its not a bad thing. It means they're educated. You should try it. You might learn something.
 darkmascara
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/4/2013 3:28:09 AM
Sorry, listening to music you like and being to a concert is a whole new different environment.

I been to dozens of concerts before. Sure, there might be some crazy person shooting people or if a fight broke out there was a stampede. YES, it has happen to me before......
Most people can't stand being pushed around in a big crowd. So, she might have a reason not to go... nothing wrong with that but it is her choice.
 for4rums_loner_here
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/4/2013 4:19:49 AM
Hey Smartass,
That's your choice. You have your view and I have mine of things. And I have every right to post as much you do, We just don't agree with each others statements and that's fine. So there's nothing more further to discuss.
""""""""""""

yes, there is one item left to discuss. You insinuate that I denied your right to voice and keep your opinion.

In this post I wrote a lot and I now had to erase it. My next post is a much better one to throw light on the situation. I ask you to please read my next post.
 for4rums_loner_here
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/4/2013 4:28:34 AM
""""""""""""""""I hate big crowds even when I went clubbing I hated crowds and it's not changing.""""""""""""""

I see where you are coming from.
You could have seen from my post that I am not denying your right to hate big crowds. I am not saying in my post that there is anything wrong with your preference or liking. I am simply saying in that post of mine that my preferences and my likings are different from yours. I make no claims that mine are better preferences or more validated likings. Nothing of the sort. I simply quoted your post as a springboard to get to describe my opinion.

I am sorry you misinterpreted this as an attack by me on your autonomous right to form opinions on your own.

This ought not to have happened, and I am sorry, but I can't take the blame for this. I think you misinterpreted the way I used the quote from you. There was no attack, no slighting, no stifling, only a CONTRASTING that we are different.

I gave reasons, why my preferences are like they are. They should not have made you feel that I am arguing against the validity of your preferences. I can see very well why you hate big crowds, and I see that your reasons for it are just as valid as my reasons to have my own preferences.

It is unfortunate, but what can you do. I don't blame you, but please do try and see my posts for what they are.

This is not an order or a directive, this is a humble request. I request this because I seldom make direct attacks on others. If I make them, like I did this early morning on someone else, I make sure that the person is not identified from my own post; my own post describes my criticism as a general one, not a specific one for a particular person. Although the particular person will know who I talk about, nobody else will, at least not reading my post and my post alone.
 holaPOFxo
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/4/2013 4:31:40 AM
Hmmmm, you have a GF and on line dating posting ,single??? How nice is that. If I was her, I would just simply dump you, for being dishonest.....
 for4rums_loner_here
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/4/2013 4:36:27 AM
Could have hearing problems, I have major hearing loss and loud volume can actually be painful. Most tones aren't but some are and it hurts like crazy. """""""""""

Ludwig van Beethoven had that condition. He was not deaf, he has never gone completely deaf, but his condition got worse and worse as time went by, and towards the end even very low-volume sounds caused him intolerable pain.

I hope you get better, or that there is some medical treatment that can improve your condition.

I also sport a medical condition that a very famous person had: I hear voices that command me to do things. Joan d'Arc was like that, and also Julius Caesar.

And though I am short of being short enough to be suffering of dwarvism (I think the cut-off is 4'10, and I'm 5'4"), I still am in the same deviation of standard male normal height as Napoleon, Julius Ceasar, and Winston Churchill.

I am overweight, apple shaped, and Queen Victoria was the same way. The prime minister Disraeli, who suffered from the social malady of being Jewish just like I, said of her, "if queen Victoria was just a little bit taller, then she would be completely round." In comparison, my friends say, of me, "he is so short and fat, that it is easier to jump over him than to run around him to get to the other side."
 SouthernSlopesFella
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/4/2013 5:19:53 AM
Possibly social anxiety, possible while you at the concert she is in a mfm situation lol, i know it isn't funny but you wanna look into it a bit more buddie, are you sure these little break ups each month are her ''breaking bad'' i think it could be your her "safe guy" option, you know the thing no man wants to be.

This whole thing stinks of, she gets plenty more fun than those concerts each month and your the guy that is there to tell her he loves her.
 carolann0308
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 6:23:59 AM
I hate crowds so concerts, theme parks, even air plane rides are a source of major anxiety for me.
I worked for a company once that had a private box at a local concert venue. For the first time in my life I was able to go and enjoy a show.
This past year my BF got me tickets to see Carole King and James Taylor. It was in a huge concert venue and I was a bit tense. But luckily, I had the pleasure of sitting for 3 hours next to a 400 lbs man that not only could barely fit in his seat but forced me to lean against my BF the entire night because he was spilling over into my space. It was awful and ruined the show for me. Never again.
In April I am flying to Paris, I am praying for an aisle seat.
 MsSunset
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 12:41:46 PM
She is not into you. Someone who cares for you wants to do things with you. She just wants to put you in a drawer and pull you out when she wants to. You need someone who can be part of your life. If she is not willing to, you need to let her go.
 bmore_goat
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 11:23:45 AM
Is this the GF that sharing a bedroom with a gay roomate? Because in December you said:

TOld her we are finished. Its not that I expect them to have sex.

And yet in February...

I love going to shows but the girl im dating 7 months wont ever go.

WTF do you want from us?
 OutMind
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/7/2013 12:39:31 PM

Conert?

Is that a convention of cone heats? Or a small version of Coney Island?
 CNoonan
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/8/2013 7:59:54 AM
That's crazy and people saying its too loud, too crowded etc... That's a concert folks. There has to be at least one she'll go to if anything just to make you happy. If you do things you dont necessarily like or want to do, but it makes her happy then she should have the same respect/care.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Anybody ever hear of a GF who refuses to go to a conert...EVER?