Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > what do women think of a man who tries to get it on first date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _shakti_
Msg: 26
what do women think of a man who tries to get it on first datePage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'd think he was wasting his time.

Hearton64
Msg: 27
what do women think of a man who tries to get it on first date
Posted: 1/26/2013 3:49:04 AM

I am glad it worked out for you :) and thanks for the visuals lol

Thanks! I do realize I was "lucky" as from past experience,most men who came at me for sex,only wanted sex.
They weeded themselves out of my life by being incapable of intimacy beyond sex.
This guy was way different than most.He actually cares about me and my feelings and whether you find that out before sex or after,is a crap shoot.There are just no guarentee's and even for the women who wait to have sex,men can't promise 100% they will stick around in the aftermath.I'd rather know upfront if we are sexually compatible than waste months dating someone only to find out they suck in bed or think I do.
And no problem.I just don't feel any shame in being me no matter who wants to make me or any other woman's choices in regards to sex, out to be "loose".

Friendship more important than intimacy

I hate to say though,that this sounds like a white lie coming from a man or at the very least a counter act to try and generate interest from women who enjoy the power thier p*ssies afford them.

Sexuality is but one facet of a person's whole being that really shouldn't be bartered with.

If you toss away men because they are "too assertive" sexually that leaves you with men without balls.
 Inicia
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/26/2013 4:50:34 AM
what do women think of a man who tries to get it on first date?
GET IT..
well I will have sex with whomever I want when I want. if "Getting It" was his main operative and "giving It"
was my main operative we probably completed our dating cycle. lol...
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/26/2013 6:24:54 AM
"what do women think of a man who tries to get it on first date"

I think they are pretty typical. If they are physically attracted at all, most of them will make a pass, either blatant or subtle. It's so common that I find myself wondering during the date when the guy is going to make his try so I can say no and we can get that out of the way.
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2013 7:13:49 AM

And no problem.I just don't feel any shame in being me no matter who wants to make me or any other woman's choices in regards to sex, out to be "loose".

Friendship more important than intimacy

I hate to say though,that this sounds like a white lie coming from a man or at the very least a counter act to try and generate interest from women who enjoy the power thier p*ssies afford them.

Sexuality is but one facet of a person's whole being that really shouldn't be bartered with.

If you toss away men because they are "too assertive" sexually that leaves you with men without balls.

hearton64, "loose" applies to men and women equally in my book. However, I do agree with you that if people connect and choose to explore each other from day 1, then more power to them. I think the concern is the message it could send to someone who is excited to be with you and gets all physical, but doesn't necessarily want to take it to the intercourse level there and then. One could lose a great potential partner if misjudged..but one also cannot look for perfection. There is no such thing.

Yeah.. I do value friendship above intimacy in my experience and at this stage in my life. However, when i am ready to commit and settle, then intimacy way above friendship lol..but you build on friendship first in my books.
I have had the best relationships with ladies i have had very good friendships with. Very open minded relationships and trusting.
 That_girl*
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/26/2013 8:29:34 AM
If you actually wanted a girlfriend..

you wouldnt be on a mission of having random 1niters with women you arent even attracted to let alone care anything about to at least sleep with more then once..hell how bout taking 1 of them randoms out for a meal or movie..

just look at the title of this thread an the other 1 you have up talking about feeling lonely after another hit an quit mission..

you deserve to be alone..you always have yourself an your hands so it wont be too lonely in your world..
 Inicia
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/26/2013 8:57:36 AM
I do value friendship above intimacy

and I suppose your friends, aren't allowed in your house when your not there.
if friendship is above intimacy, I would hate to be someone considered your friend. to me you can't have one with out the other.. impossible... I am totally intimate with my friends and what makes the difference between a friendly intimacy and a lover I am intimate with: one I chose to share most bodily fluids with and the other we keep those separate. lol
However if the person I chose as an intimate lover, fails to meet the requirements of honesty and trust they were never a friend to begin with, we are honest and open with friends. I can't even fathom claiming friendship without intimacy, sounds crazy...and I am crazy..
 KER6969
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/26/2013 11:21:13 AM
@ venusenvy777 - I'm with you on that one that's for sure!!

Also, who wants a guy or a woman whose been around the block? *shudders* Not me that's for sure!! A responsible, healthy, STD free guy works for me!!

There is nothing more unattractive than a man ho (or a woman ho for that matter). A HUGE turn off that's for sure!
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2013 11:50:34 AM
I do value friendship above intimacy

and I suppose your friends, aren't allowed in your house when your not there.
if friendship is above intimacy, I would hate to be someone considered your friend. to me you can't have one with out the other.. impossible... I am totally intimate with my friends and what makes the difference between a friendly intimacy and a lover I am intimate with: one I chose to share most bodily fluids with and the other we keep those separate. lol
However if the person I chose as an intimate lover, fails to meet the requirements of honesty and trust they were never a friend to begin with, we are honest and open with friends. I can't even fathom claiming friendship without intimacy, sounds crazy...and I am crazy..

you know, i do not want to come across as too fluid in my beliefs lol, but you two ladies are challenging me to think a little. I don't actually think that line is expressing what I really want to express. Infact, your comments above are more descriptive of what the reality is for me. I think it's time for a little mental edit. ;)
 asu28
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/26/2013 11:58:45 AM
in my past experience women that post that kind of stuff.. ie "No Serial Daters" tend to be talking about themselves. they are the ones that go from one person to another. Just because you was not privy to the "Serial Dater" tag probably means your not one. The negative comments tend to reflect how they are feeling inside. If they are angry when they create the profile it will be reflected on their profile and most likely are not in the mind set to truly be searching for a LTR. But them are the ones that are ripe for picking up and just having a short fling with.
 _shakti_
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/27/2013 7:44:13 AM
I've actually never been on a first date with a man who tried to 'get it'. They've all treated me with respect and seemed to want to get to know me and show me a nice time.

I'd probably just laugh at a guy who seriously tried. But then, I'm not attracted to those type of men, and ime it's easy to weed them out way before you get to the level of a date.
 cooldog65
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2013 9:25:18 AM
ps....The man I have been living with for the past 4 years was not the instigator of sex on the first date...I was and I blew him hard because I wanted to.

Whoa! You said a mouthful!

Thanks Hearton64 for keeping it real.
 rob4320
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/27/2013 10:29:05 AM
Women who say NO sex on first date scare me.
I want a open minded woman.
Im not saying we must have sex but if things are going great at least be open to it.
 sassybaby2013
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/27/2013 10:39:48 AM
I would think he is attracted and horney. Lol
 natgoat227
Msg: 40
view profile
History
What do women think of a man who tries to get it on first date?
Posted: 1/27/2013 1:25:48 PM
Most women think that he's...
#1...NOT a Gentleman...
#2...It's the ONLY thing he's after, anyway...
Which is fine...if it's Mutual...go for it!

But...I don't take that approach....
A "Lady" is worth the effort and respect to take my time getting to know...developing a Chemistry to take it
~One Base At A Time!!!~

...not many of us left...are there, girls...??....
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/27/2013 4:19:35 PM
I've been out on first dates, had a passionate goodnight kiss, and said with true confidence;
"Even if nothing happens tonight, I definitely can see myself spending the night with you eventually."
I wasn't wrong. Ever.

Finding a great match and realizing it is a VERY empowering feeling. It doesn't happen terribly often.
 sweetest
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2013 5:48:16 PM
I'm missing my Pof physicist-general-man around town with the set mickey mouse ears for this kind of question.... He would have always said he expected nothing less and the arguing would begin! Typically though, men I've met haven't pushed that on the first date. Most likely understanding that to do so would come across as somewhat disrespectful, perhaps too self-interested.
 Yadilina
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/27/2013 7:11:00 PM
I have never asked or pushed for sex on the first date or the matter of fact of the second and third. I have been in only 4 relationships in my lifetime. Shortest has been 2 years. I believe in getting to know the person first. If I don't get the small simple things as I put it. The hugging, cuddling, kissing, communicating then whats the point of going any further. I never have done the FWB or One nights stands. if I have the need, I just bring out palmalina and take care of it.
 kjay41
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/27/2013 7:35:55 PM
I think he is moving too fast for ME....I capitalized the word 'me' cause for me, that is way too fast. I don't need the internet to find one night stands, I can just pick up the phone for that. That's my story.
 Hearton64
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/28/2013 3:10:34 AM

Whoa! You said a mouthful!
Thanks Hearton64 for keeping it real.

LOL....thanks for appreciating me with a mouthful!

I ALWAYS KEEPS IT REAL despite the rampant judgement and reporting of others!~
 THEMEPACK
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/28/2013 4:14:39 AM
What can I say....I'm a risk taker....
 i_ski_do_u
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/28/2013 5:06:48 PM
Although I didn’t ask for or expect sex, I used to always have sex on the second date. Of course this was in the days before the internet and subsequent dating sites. Where you actually met someone, asked them out, then sat down with eye to eye contact and had a conversation..... the WYSIWYG days. I guess either there were a lot of horny women who wanted sex from me on their way out and/or I was a hottie back then.
 LG2727
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2013 7:13:52 PM
Any man who thinks sex on the first date is a given, is wasting his time with me. Trust me, I dont have to waste my time sifting through hundreds of profiles to find just one guy that isnt creepy ugly or scary on here to have sex with, I know men I can get that from. I'm looking for a little bit more...to bad it doesnt exsist! From the mouths of men themselves, they are only looking for sex, no matter what they write on thier profiles. My question is, why do men who are in a relationship with a woman who wants sex all the time, get lazy and ignore the woman?? hmm...maybe the guys really arent all that into sex 24/7? Like most women?? Someone should start ta thread on that question.
 spirited-won
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/28/2013 7:39:59 PM
I slept with a man who I'd met on here; talked too for a few weeks and when I met him in person I knew, at the time, he was who I wanted. Am not a child and said to myself yes this is right.

My boyfriend now...we met right away, dated and talked for weeks (the absolute reverse) before we decided to have sex. There is so much respect between us.

However, one of my work colleagues met her husband of 15 years, they had sex the first night they met and got married months later and are still in love to this day.

Who knows...either they are or they aren't for you....
 whytwater
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/28/2013 7:49:14 PM
There are almost unlimited ways for two humans to connect- sex is just one way, and sometimes the first way. It can be supercharged, or deeply disappointing, or something in between. I think humans need to be connected in more than one way, as none of the single connects is strong enough to bind.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > what do women think of a man who tries to get it on first date