Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guys, what do you say when your not interested after meeting?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sweetlotty
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Guys, what do you say when your not interested after meeting?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Guys, what do you say when your not interested after meeting?

There is at least one guy out there who, on a second date, gives a kiss on the cheek and says "I'm not doing a runner" lmao

actually, the kiss might have been on the lips, it's all a little hazy now lol
 grove_22
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/30/2013 6:20:06 AM

NOT TRUE. There have been times where I have LIKED a guy, then left him to get in touch, and he hasn't. Then a few months down the line run into him again and he says he thought I was not interested and as I gave him no encouragement he didn't contact me!

Very good point. Sometimes I was interested in another date. But didn't contact a woman because I felt she had lukewarm interest in me at best.
 Meeting_At_The_Crossroads
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/30/2013 10:44:28 AM
It would really help a lot of us out here (and on other online dating sites, as well as in real life), if there were "rules" to follow. What to do, what to do? It would make things easier if there were even suggestions as to how to approach different situations. Like this one; if there was only a list of polite things to say and one could simply choose an appropriate one to use. Life is still complicated, even in this new day and age!
 deanne_4u
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2013 1:17:01 PM
You know it would be terribly hard to let a person know if you are not interested in them. I'm lucky now I have found someone who made it official with me. I had to let guys down to and ashame to say to ignore the messages or phone calls. Finally just told them that I had found someone else. Hate letting them hang without a response back.
 deere_rancher
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2013 3:17:10 PM

Guys, what do you say when your not interested after meeting

Nothing ! poof ..!
 pinklove2013
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/30/2013 7:07:43 PM
thats show that this guys are BS and have no class unfortunately too many of them here ...... its not you its them:)
 pinklove2013
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/30/2013 7:10:33 PM
A man should be a man and not be afraid to contact the woman he enjoy the date with ........... even if she did not jump up and down be a man a follow what you say !
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/30/2013 7:19:05 PM
I like to say something subtle like "I enjoyed meeting you but I'm just not feeling the vibe I was hoping for"
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2013 7:31:43 PM
sorry, the squirrel living behind the house got chased by a cat and doesn't want to come down the tree any more.
sorry. Hope you meet someone better than the cat
 heartsunny
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/30/2013 7:36:50 PM
Okay, guys, I have a simple request:

If you're not interested, do right by the lady and tell her! Ignoring her calls and texts is a crappy, immature, and gutless thing to do. Ladies, the same goes for you.

It's better to be upfront and possibly friends after than to just be a prick :)
 EnigmaticDalton
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/31/2013 11:26:18 AM

If you're not interested, do right by the lady and tell her! Ignoring her calls and texts is a crappy, immature, and gutless thing to do. Ladies, the same goes for you.

people have been requesting this for years, don't hold your breath. I've been honoring this request but that's because I have courtesy.

I agree, all my female friends were women I tried to date but we both agreed wouldn't work out because we wanted different things.

Most guys are far as I remember don't do anything because they don't care either way. Old-fashioned manners seem to be out the window now. If I have no follow up, the answer is obvious to me.

the same can be said of women...

women have actually made a few threads with excuses for said behavior.

Like i said in a few of the "why dont they respond" threads, they simply do not give a fvck about you.
 venusenvy777
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/31/2013 12:38:23 PM
Meh...So thats what dating is for...Checking someone out. Discovering if theres chemistry and compatibility. At times Ive thought there might be a connection only to give it some thought and decide, yaknow, maybe not. All's fair. I always follow up with a thank-you and then I let the man contact me afterward. If they do, great! if not great too ...or I may decide thats its not for me. Thats what its all about. For both genders.
 spilling_fire
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/31/2013 1:19:11 PM
Generally you can tell, while on the date, if they're interested or not. Body language, how engaged they are in the conversation, if they're making good eye contact, and all of that other jazz. At the end of the date, if I'm not interested, I say "Well, it was nice meeting you." That tends to let them know that this was a meeting and not a successful one lol.

The men I've met here have been great about telling me they're interested in seeing me again, asking when we can go out again sometime, or even texting me quite quickly after the date has ended to tell me they enjoyed themselves. The great majority of humans can't hide their interest nor are they very good at feigning it either.
 MzIndpendantYYC
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/31/2013 9:44:57 PM
the truth....A hole is a hole ...interested or not....right boys...

OMG! This is the ultimate in poor taste & rudeness. This poster is little more than a wild animal. Good taste & decency are not apparently in his vocabulary or mannerisms. I would like to see Cowboy & some of the other honest, straight up gentlemen rip him a new one! You can simplly say thanks, but no thanks...we arent a good match, but good luck with your search!
 dragoninside
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/31/2013 10:15:13 PM
I had this happen too. I don't understand the reluctance to say"Nice meeting you, but we aren't a match." Or at least text it later.
last week I went on a meet for coffee. We had messgaed each other for a couple of days and on the day of the meet were in constant contaasct all day. We were having a lot of fun. We met and continued talking and laughing until the coffeeshop closed. Oh ya, he brought me carnations. he walked me to my car and we talked a few minutes, gazing into each other 's eyes like silly teens. He bent towards me and asked if he could kiss me. we stood by my car for 5 minutes or so kissing the most sensuous kisses I have ever had. We decided to go on a real date for the next day..dinner and a movie. We even picked the movie and restaurant. sounds great, right? I got home he messaged me good night and I responded with the same. I texted in the mid-morning to say i was looking forward to our date. I got no response. I didn't think too much of it because he was at work.
Then a couple of hours later, he messaged and said he changed his mind and didn't want to get involved so fast. I said it's just dinner not a commitment. Anyway, I was crushed. I can understand the flowers and even the kiss; but why make plans for another date if you have no intention of going?
 francesca4u
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2013 10:29:01 AM
Scared of liking someone, has the grass is always greener syndrome, knew you were seeking a relationship and he is not, did like you and only wants a f buddy, no one knows. Strangest men I have ever encountered for sure. Divorce seemed to do a number on them that they refuse to get over it, etc. Some seemingly cool men too, of course they live so far away.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/2/2013 10:35:30 AM

Then a couple of hours later, he messaged and said he changed his mind and didn't want to get involved so fast. I said it's just dinner not a commitment. Anyway, I was crushed. I can understand the flowers and even the kiss; but why make plans for another date if you have no intention of going?

His wife came home a day early from her business trip?
 grove_22
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/2/2013 3:37:02 PM

Same thing applies to women. When the women that I have talked to or had a few dates with lost interest for whatever reason, the majority of them have done the disappearing act. Or they will answer my calls or texts. But they will keep making excuses about why they are unavailable to go out on a date.
 LadyEH
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2013 4:51:52 PM
In communication before the meet I bring up the topics of the exit strategy. It may be love at first sight, we may have a fun time but no connection, we may be turned off after we meet ... whatever! Lets agree that anyone can call it a night no hard feelings.
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/2/2013 7:58:35 PM
At the end, I just ask them out again. Why wait and play games. They can always say no.
 MiaIris
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/3/2013 12:20:22 AM
I met a guy recently. We hit it off online through messages and even on the phone. Eventually we met up in person and got physical. He was a gracious and generous host. Our communication dwindled after the first week on either end but we met up again. Was physical again. He got terribly sick this week. I was texting him to see if he was feeling better for about a week but by the fourth date I was feeling insecure. The third weekend, I texted him a message parting ways and wishing him all the best saying I wasn't the right match for him. He texted back hurt and I tried to console and apologize.

My mistake was assuming that our communication was dwindling was a sign of loss of interest on his part. Plus I was feeling emotions for him and getting insecure and not getting positive reinforcement eventhough he texted me back on rare occasions leaving dear messages.

May this be a counter point for woman who aren't sure. Open communication is very important otherwise it leads to such misunderstandings.
 TyrantofTyranny
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/3/2013 3:24:19 PM
This is a hook up site, most guys will hang around until they get what the came for, a piece of ass and never call again . Thousands of women on here can't dispute that fact.
msg 65; I didn't know that the Kleenex I used had become part of the humane Genome...
 carlylyn
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/4/2013 10:22:12 AM
If I go out with a guy and we just don't hit it off, we'll usually have a friendly lunch/drink, whatever. Then I will say something like, "I enjoyed meeting you and spending this time together." Then I will extend my hand and lean over to kiss him on the cheek and he will do the same. He will tell me "good luck" and I will answer in kind.

The ones that bother me are the ones who tell you they want to see you again, but never calll---the ones that suggest sex right away, that kind of thing. I can pretty much read the motives and dissappear.

Right now I am chatting with a man who says he "doesn't have umlimited long distance" and wants me to call him....how difficult is it to GET unlimited LD? So I don't call him but he continues to send me emails and chat on POF......what do you aall make of this?
 francesca4u
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 10:39:55 AM
I don't have unlimited long distance. I would have to either call after 9 p.m. or on weekend or change cell phone plan to unlimited long distance. I do have another phone from cell phone carrier that has unlimited minutes, so I would use that phone or a man could call me on that number. He might need to change cell phone plan. Or add something else to his phone repertoire.
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/4/2013 1:59:29 PM
Nothing really to say. I just excuse myself and go to the restroom and sneak out.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guys, what do you say when your not interested after meeting?