Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How do you get a womans attention in the real world      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 214
view profile
History
How do you get a womans attention in the real worldPage 10 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Ahhh..........moving my favorite easy chair and popcorn from the now defunct "What will a man endure for Hotness" flame war thread to this thread.......

I see all my favorite characters here.......this should mount up for an entertaining evening!!

Flame on!!

:)
 Coma_White
Msg: 215
view profile
History
How do you get a womans attention in the real world
Posted: 1/15/2014 4:29:03 PM

They basically want a handicap because they can't play the game on a fair plane.

The last time I was on a plane, I was headed to Ottawa to play a concert. I was drumming for an Aborinal singer and we played in a field next to the war history museum. I'd have to say that it was a fair plane because it wasn't too big or too small, it was just right.
 sigungq
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2014 4:42:50 PM
^^^ HA HA HA!!!! I like that. BTW, I'm a drummer as well. But mainly studio. Used to tour when I was younger though.

As to the women barking about guys who go to other countries to find love, I'd think you all should be happy that all the guys you hate are off the block. You should welcome the relief of not having them chase you anymore.

I think Proteaus has a pretty solid plan myself. Something worth looking into. As far as competing with the men here in the USA, I would agree I have a handicap in that department. For whatever reason, the women here in the USA never go for me, and favor other men instead. So if I need a +5 handicap, so be it, I'll definitely take it. About time I turned the tables on my dating life.
 tremtgolden456
Msg: 217
Posted: 1/15/2014 6:13:20 PM

This is what happens in the real world as I know it. Two people reach a door at the same time, one of them opens the door, the one holding the door lets the other person through first and then follows. Gender doesn't change anything. If I reach the door first, I hold it open for the guy/girl. If they (guy or girl) reaches the door first, then they hold it open for me.

LOL, "In the real world" I call BS on your story.

So, yes I have Happily held the door open for other people...and golly gee, many of them were MEN. AND it happened while we were standing next to each other. I just happened to reach the handle first.

And you expect us to believe this?

Now if you don't hold the door open for ANYONE, then I'd say you have bad manners. If you don't hold the door open ONLY for women, then I'd say you're a bigot.

LOL!No, I'm smart.
 Coma_White
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2014 6:43:38 PM

^^^ HA HA HA!!!! I like that. BTW, I'm a drummer as well. But mainly studio. Used to tour when I was younger though.

As to the women barking about guys who go to other countries to find love, I'd think you all should be happy that all the guys you hate are off the block. You should welcome the relief of not having them chase you anymore.

I think Proteaus has a pretty solid plan myself. Something worth looking into. As far as competing with the men here in the USA, I would agree I have a handicap in that department. For whatever reason, the women here in the USA never go for me, and favor other men instead. So if I need a +5 handicap, so be it, I'll definitely take it. About time I turned the tables on my dating life.

That's cool. I've toured with ShyAnne Hovorka as a drummer, and I cut an album called This is Ours with Falsity. Right now, I'm drumming for a punk band called Broke Till' Payday. Why do you think that women go for other men instead of you? Is there a difference between you and the other guys? I find that foreign women are nice, especially if you take time to learn their language. When I was in England, the people were really friendly and I made some friends from Australia and France. I also talked to some women from Hungary online that were interested in North American dudes. Maybe I can set you up with them. I even found that sometimes it's easier to make new friends and meet new people by just going to a different city. I live in Thunder Bay Ontario and just going down to Duluth Minnesota, I found that a lot of people made small talk and such when you're a new face.
 traveltrekker
Msg: 219
Posted: 1/15/2014 6:47:35 PM
If you're poor, why would you choose to be with another poor person?

Not much choice in Third World countries where 80% + of the population lives on less than 2 US dollars per day (according to the UN). For example, Chad, Central African Republic, Burundi. And yet people still get married and have families.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 220
Posted: 1/15/2014 7:48:20 PM
Tremt: Since you believe your small world is the only one that exists, I'll leave you to it. It's hard for me to imagine a place where people go to war over opening a door, but hey...maybe that place is Pasadena. Despite your insult to my character, I sincerely hope that the place you're at now is not your forever place and you will eventually allow yourself to be surprised again. Why do I want that? Happy people make the world a better place. :)

Oh wait a minute...are you Barnaby? Dammit, Barnaby was always hopping around mad about door opening protocol. Agghh, no!

It was a rhetorical question Travel. *lol* I answered it myself in the very next sentence. :)

If you're poor, why would you choose to be with another poor person? They sexually excite you...they make you laugh...they make you feel less lonely, etc. There is a trade in progress.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 221
Posted: 1/15/2014 8:28:16 PM
Tremtgolden's woman: Sheena Warrior Princess:

Hmmm, I wonder how a man captures the attention of a Warrior Princess in real life? I wanted to see how a warrior princess was defined....According to Urban Dictionary:

Warrior Princess:

A leather clad, spike wearing bad **** whom laughs at morals and virtues; she finds solace only in raucous debauchery. Raised in a feral manner, apart from society, a warrior princess knows no manners and takes what she wants by temptation or preferably force. Alongside their Warrior King, the princesses bide their time til Armageddon when they will rise up and conquer the weak... Ya, on some Mad Max, Road Warrior, type shit.

Hobbies and Past Times include:
- Bare Backing Wolves
- Chuggin' forties
- Rapin' n Pillagin'
- Booty Clappin

Ok.....this explains a lot.....interesting....
 HonkyTonk_Woman
Msg: 222
Posted: 1/15/2014 8:39:20 PM

Oh wait a minute...are you Barnaby? Dammit, Barnaby was always hopping around mad about door opening protocol. Agghh, no!

My first thought as well...His style of writing and how he is so definitely not opening a door for any women...regardless!! Who thinks like that...??

You're right traveltrekker....Many people marry each other when they are both poor and can be happy...omg
Believe it or not!
 tremtgolden456
Msg: 223
Posted: 1/16/2014 1:26:09 AM
Tremt: Since you believe your small world is the only one that exists, I'll leave you to it. It's hard for me to imagine a place where people go to war over opening a door, but hey...maybe that place is Pasadena.

LOL, incoherent babble when you can't think of anything else to say in response, so your name definitely suits you here. Please do "leave me to it", seems you're more upset about it, then anyone else. I've gone to no "war", you continue being bothered by it, get over yourself, you're not worthy of a door open on a date.

Despite your insult to my character, I sincerely hope that the place you're at now is not your forever place and you will eventually allow yourself to be surprised again. Why do I want that? Happy people make the world a better place. :)

I appreciate the advice Dr. I'm happy, and have no reason to be otherwise. Happy I don't have to deal with "entitled princesses" and broads who think they're owed something by a man simply for having a vagina.

What is a "Barnaby"? and no, not him, sorry. Seems other men feel the same way as others do, I'm sorry you can't handle that.

PS, for someone who doesn't want to keep talking about this subject(as you claimed to not want to in an earlier response), you sure can't seem to help yourself.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2014 3:24:45 AM

If you're poor, why would you choose to be with another poor person?

- How did the conversation somewhere before come out, concerning whether a stable man has no problem with a woman who is doing less well, and whether a stable woman has no problem with a man who is doing less well?

- Two poor people together are not poor. In fact, as a result, they can be very far from poor. People do this all of the time.

- And I can even go so far as to say that this is a big part of the story of the Human race, and Human history. Coming together. Power in numbers and cooperation. We exist and have achieved as we have for this reason. This is a whole part of some cultures...couples coming together for this reason, extended families being together for this reason.

- For some, the purpose of a relationship is to just serve a few particular mutually selfish needs for "companionship", but otherwise be a bit detached. For others, a relationship is seen as a more intimate and sharing experience, which includes recognizing the fact that life in many ways, not just financially, can be greatly enriched via a relationship. The reason that this concept has gone sour is because a person will get joined with someone who isn't mature or honest, or they just don't understand that they don't go together, so financial disparities and abuse take place. So people are leary of getting with someone that might not be able, or willing, to "pull their own weight", or they have that weird issue of not being able to respect someone who isn't at least doing as well as them. This problem has always been solved by people understanding relationships and love in the first place, and how to really judge compatibility, but that's not so much the case anymore.

Warrior Princess:

A leather clad, spike wearing bad **** whom laughs at morals and virtues; she finds solace only in raucous debauchery. Raised in a feral manner, apart from society, a warrior princess knows no manners and takes what she wants by temptation or preferably force. Alongside their Warrior King, the princesses bide their time til Armageddon when they will rise up and conquer the weak... Ya, on some Mad Max, Road Warrior, type shit.

Hobbies and Past Times include:
- Bare Backing Wolves
- Chuggin' forties
- Rapin' n Pillagin'
- Booty Clappin

Ok, that's just a bit funny.

But just to be fair, I don't think that's what some men want when they speak of a "stronger" more independent woman, or even one who herself is bothered by chivalrous behavior.
 Walts
Msg: 225
Posted: 1/16/2014 5:36:39 AM
Why oh why do these questions turn into the fecal blizzards that they do?

Why???!!!!!

Being yourself is both over- and under-rated, depending on how you look at it. Your fundamental desires and persona cannot be changed, but how you present yourself and how well you converse with others - platonic or romantic - can be changed and refined. Cultivating 'you' is an ongoing process. Edit accordingly.

This young lady stated it pretty well. Only thing I would say a little differently is that "cultivating" is about how you "present" YOURself, and the person you "truly" want to be(you are). BE THAT person you want to be. After that, does it really truly matter? I mean, seriously. If you are happy and content with yourself, does anything else really matter?

If you are able to do this, then the ones that "like" or "enjoy" YOU and the TYPE of person you are, they will NOTICE! And when I say "they" I don't mean a million zillion people, just the ones that like YOU, and the TYPE of person YOU are. And get this. It may only be one, or you may not even "find" her/him. Cause, everyone has a different view of what they consider of value. Some people will see it in you and others won't. Doesn't make them any better or worse, it just makes them, them.
Some don't realize it, again but, with some of the posts here, their own "fear" and LACK of self confidence in THEMselves does show. Finger pointing does that. When people don't react the way you "Feel" they should is not YOUR problem. And if you really think about it, why would you even want "those types" to even give you the time of day, let alone date or phuck ya ?

Unless, of course, she's "hot"! ;)
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 226
Posted: 1/16/2014 7:13:41 AM
OMG Walts, did you run out of Whiskey? This is the most I've seen you type, lol.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 227
Posted: 1/16/2014 7:32:30 AM
Drinkthesunwithmyface:

Ok, that's just a bit funny.

But just to be fair, I don't think that's what some men want when they speak of a "stronger" more independent woman, or even one who herself is bothered by chivalrous behavior.

Agreed! There was a singular purpose to my post but I completely understand what you have said. ^^^ :)
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 228
Posted: 1/16/2014 9:28:38 AM
I was naively trying to help you. My bad. :/
 abmccray
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2014 10:01:06 AM

Why does being from the United States give them an advantage? Is it because the woman wants a ticket to come and live in the United States? That's the only difference I can see between a foreign man and a North American man.

- Standard of living. You can easily afford some of the best ocean front property in, say, South Africa on an upper-middle salary in the U.S. To people in a ton of countries, middle/upper middle Americans (and other Western countries with similar standards) go from anywhere from wealthy to TREMENDOUSLY wealthy.

In other words, it's their way of getting the equivalent of all those women that the claim are looking for guys with 6+ figure salaries here. They're after the same "gold diggers " that they complain about here, only in other countries.

-Rarity. In places with very few people from the U.S. around, people from the U.S. stand out. Especially if you're a race that becomes a minority elsewhere. Therefore, you can get more attention just specifically via being a fetish. ie. if 10% of the women in the country have an American fetish, and there is only 1 American around at the time, then they can have a good chance with those 10%.

- All of that "women are much better in other countries" is a smokescreen. America is one of the most culturally diverse places out there with huge shifts from state to state or even city to city. Any "type" of woman is out there. It's just the idea of EASE of attaining someone - doing it with the least work possible.
 tremtgolden456
Msg: 230
Posted: 1/16/2014 1:42:35 PM

I was naively trying to help you. My bad. :/

LOL, I obviously don't need your help.(I noticed too you haven't denied much of what i've said).
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 231
Posted: 1/16/2014 2:02:55 PM
They're a little off topic, but I want to respond to these two about my posts...

<div class="quote">Good grief.....(she said while starting to play the violin)
Guys/Gals don't have to lower their standards....
Women are "allowed" to expect a god??? Sorry, but such a crock of crap.

I'm only repeating what I've read here. Go to any thread about "why won't women answer me" and you'll see the same thing. First they point out the profile needs to be better, but then, there's always someone who starts that maybe he's looking a little too out of his league. It's even in THIS thread, about how average looking people should only look for average looking people... That double standard exists. If the guy only wants to talk to models, he's aiming too high, but if the wildebeast someone else was trying to talk to thinks she's too good for him, she's right to be picky in men because she shouldn't settle. There's literally a few hundred threads in this forum that backs that up.

AND

<div class="quote">
Online where attraction isn't known and you have a bunch of information to work with when you send an opening message, "hi" comes off as lazy and unoriginal.

You're right, but you also have to look at it from the other side. For most of us on here, if we sent out 100 messages, maybe only 5 will write back, then out of that 5, maybe only 1 will actually have a full conversation. But then, you used to be able to see if they read your message or not... Out of that 95 that didn't answer, anywhere from maybe 20-40 didn't even open the message, just deleted it.

Now, from our perspective, what's the smarter idea? The well thought out message, tailored specifically for that person, that she might not even read, or the basic "hi" message, and then if she responds, then start a real conversation?

At some point, after having most of your messages not responded to, you realize that making that effort on the first contact is really just a waste of time. You get just as many responses back with "hi" as you do with the longer message, it's just different people... And nobody can guarantee that the girl who wanted the long message would have been a better choice than the one who didn't care that you only said "hi", so why even put in that effort, when the girl that responded to hi might be the one you happily end up with, and the one who wanted a longer message can maybe be a terrible person?

And to the person who asked why you'd choose to be with someone if you're poor... It's because to some people, there's way more to life than money. I'd rather be poor and happy than rich and lonely.
 GJBrown
Msg: 232
Posted: 1/16/2014 2:15:57 PM
How do you get a womans attention in the real world? I will let you know Friday!
off from work so I'm going to the mall to "spit game" at random ladies til I get a number or make a complete fool of myself! Might be fun.
Just be polite/funny/confident/ and you can get a woman's attention. Its actually way easier in the real world because when you walk up to her she is focused on you and not 20 other guys trying to message her
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2014 2:38:22 PM
driving harmony...hell, I tried to steer things better with some personal thread appropriate stories a couple posts back. Arg.

rockin trucker...a simple "hello" message shouldn't be seen as lazy by anyone. You alert someone to your existence, they look at your profile, and then maybe more happens from there. A song and dance for a first message to someone you don't know isn't automatically appropriate or even better. A simple "hi" should even be understood as possibly coming with unspoken subtext...less is more...like when you're in a room full of people in the real world, socializing. You see someone that you think you'd like to interact with, and you trade smiles with them, nods of the head, or a hello. It's natural and appropriate. In fact, in such a real world setting, if you go up to a stranger with some kind of song and dance, like what used to be romantic, you'd come across as creepy or dorky. Conversation openers are just as fine, whenever they're not being tagged as tacky lines, but a simple "hi" for the very first thing that you say to a stranger should never, ever, be thought of as any less than anything else, like a spontaneous conversation opener. Now...someone's excuse or way around this is to present the online single's stage as being a bit different, but it's not when it comes to this...it's just that people don't understand how an online single's site and a personal profile should be handled, and they always have some excuse or laziness or self-defeating thinking, while convincing themselves that it's others who are that way. Not that they should do things exactly like I'd explain here, but that they should never exclude the simple hellos. Someone says "hi" to you in a message, and you ignore it because you think of it as lazy, that's kind of rude. Normally you say hello back to someone. In a dating site, if you get a hello, it makes sense to then look over the person (look at their profile), and/or say hi back, and then conversation does or does not progress from there, depending on if somebody sees one of those proverbial turn-offs or red-flags or deal-breakers, or anything else that makes them not attractive enough.

But anyway, simple hellos for first messages should not be thought of as any less than anything else.
 sigungq
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2014 4:33:17 PM

Coma_White wrote:

That's cool. I've toured with ShyAnne Hovorka as a drummer, and I cut an album called This is Ours with Falsity. Right now, I'm drumming for a punk band called Broke Till' Payday. Why do you think that women go for other men instead of you? Is there a difference between you and the other guys? I find that foreign women are nice, especially if you take time to learn their language. When I was in England, the people were really friendly and I made some friends from Australia and France. I also talked to some women from Hungary online that were interested in North American dudes. Maybe I can set you up with them. I even found that sometimes it's easier to make new friends and meet new people by just going to a different city. I live in Thunder Bay Ontario and just going down to Duluth Minnesota, I found that a lot of people made small talk and such when you're a new face.

Thunder Bay????????? :-O That's waaaaaaay too cold for my taste. LOL!! Yes, I've traveled quite a bit myself. I never really thought much about trying to date the locals wherever I went though. I was usually into the "outback adventure" of the places I went. - River rafting, mountain climbing, scuba etc...... I think it's more like "the new kid on the block" syndrome. Human nature I suppose. People are always curious about the newcomer. Anyway, it sounds like a decent plan. I still travel quite a bit, so I may just have to open my eyes and mind a bit to those foreign places and foreign women. And if you're like me, once a drummer, always a drummer. LOL!!
 ladyc4
Msg: 235
Posted: 1/16/2014 5:27:54 PM
LOL, when you run of out common sense and reasoning, you resort to name calling, and insults,

Pot. Kettle. Black.

As for the OT question, I'm sure that each of the participants in this forum have parents that managed to figure that out.
With all due respect to anyone here who may be the product of IVF, found under a cabbage leaf, or raised by a pack of jackals, of course.

all the backin' and forthin' about equality and 50/50. Good relationship involves both parties putting 100% into it, and no that ain't just about money or who pays whose bills.

The whole equal economic and educational opportunity thing was not intended to torpedo social, romantic and reproductive/familial matters.

There is nothing whatsoever wrong with a guy who feels strongly about his masculine role and responsibilities.
I do think it may be somewhat challenging to be chivalrous/protective/masculine without coming across as condescending to certain hypervigilant ultra-feminists, or even to a woman who has learned to, and is used to, standing on her own 2 feet.

How do you get a womans' attention in the real world?
Duh..I dunno? Walk up and say Hi? Hold a door open for her? strike up a conversation with her about something in her shopping cart, a book she's carrying? Ask her if she likes her vehicle?
I'm not sure I would recommend how my late DH got my attention-by running into me and bringing us both down on the roller rink floor!-never WAS able to figure out if that was REALLY an accident.
Cindy O
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2014 7:55:24 PM

There is nothing whatsoever wrong with a guy who feels strongly about his masculine role and responsibilities.
I do think it may be somewhat challenging to be chivalrous/protective/masculine without coming across as condescending to certain hypervigilant ultra-feminists, or even to a woman who has learned to, and is used to, standing on her own 2 feet.

Hi Cindy, I would probably fit into the category of bloke that you are referring to above and yes, I can imagine huge resistance from any such ultra-feminist thinking females [who are probably the female equivalent of some of the ultra-female hating guys espousing their views here] however, women who have learned to, and are standing on their own 2 feet? Sorry but in my experience this type of lady is more that happy to be in the company of a man who displays the qualities I am talking about in previous posts here.

Stronger women in my opinion don't want a man who is weaker than them, they look to a strong man who is occupying a position equal to theirs to compliment and strengthen their relationship.

Just to clarify one point for the women haters though, being chivalrous does not equate in any way with.... 1/ Being a doormat. 2/ Being overbearing or controlling. 3/ Not allowing the female in the relationship to be in control of areas which are her domain. 4/ Not acting in unison where important matters affecting the partnership are involved.

Real men NEED real women, not doormats, weak yes persons or control freaks. Good relationships prosper when adults are in control of each participants lives, not petulant 'inner children' [inner brats more like it!] behaving badly or mischievously.

Actually I find I appreciate a strong and intelligent woman, I would get bored quickly with anyone less and I am absolutely sure the reverse is true and the real reason women tend to 'fall out of love' with some guys.

Back on topic, I think it's easy to attract a womans attention in the real world, the trick is....attracting the right one for you!
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 237
Posted: 1/16/2014 8:22:25 PM

Cindy, you make an excellent point! ^^^

I tried to steer things better with some personal thread appropriate stories a couple posts back.

DTSWMF: And you did a nice job :) It's all good information!
 forum_moderator
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2014 9:51:04 PM

Here you all go - do a count on "door" rant

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/usermessages.aspx?user_Id=49757238

Thread Closed enough of these stupid gender rants.

the other
Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS ||
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How do you get a womans attention in the real world