Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How do you get a womans attention in the real world      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 101
How do you get a womans attention in the real worldPage 5 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

But its like being in the Ring as a Boxer... After getting beat up time and time again without a win after a while it really starts to hurt!!!

As time goes on, you should be more desensitized to it, it should be easier to deal with not harder. Good salesmen know that they are going to get a lot of no's before they hear a yes - so eventually the no's become part of the process, and soon become a welcome part of it.

OP...start with you. If you are truly happy with who you are, then don't consider anyone who isn't as happy as you are with you. That way anyone who isn't interested is not for you by default.

If you are not truly happy with yourself, don't expect anyone else to be. Focus on yourself, and improve the things that will make you happy with yourself (improve your health, your body, your mind, your marketability, etc). The accomplishment and confidence that comes from doing that usually draws people in who are attracted to the improvements and your attitude.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 102
view profile
History
How do you get a womans attention in the real world
Posted: 3/8/2013 10:27:19 AM
If you believe wealth is what will attract a woman you are setting yourself up for failure before you have even started! Even rich guys need to have some personality to attract women unless they are super dirty rich haha.

Bottom line is that, you need to stimualte a woman's emotions and mind through conversation. If you can't do that then you need to practice, practice, and practice.

Women are more likely to say they can build attraction then men, and this is the root of this. Being able to build this chemistry through conversation.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 103
Posted: 3/8/2013 12:05:58 PM
"Hey you" works for me.
what I say after that depends on her and the situation.
 sigungq
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2013 3:12:48 PM
SunshineAngel99 wrote:

If you believe wealth is what will attract a woman you are setting yourself up for failure before you have even started!

You are ABSOLUTELY right. I know this from personal experience.
 GJBrown
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/8/2013 3:49:27 PM
ever watch the old cartoon "johnny bravo" just do what he does. It will get a woman's attention!
 virgogidget
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2013 4:48:13 PM
Just be yourself
Have fun. learn how to have a conversation. Dont try the corny pick up lines. Have a positive attitude. Best of luck to you. These skills are used for online & The real world
 aanarchist
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/14/2013 12:30:59 PM
I think the real question is, where can quality women be found in the real world?
 Shomoy22
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/14/2013 12:57:23 PM
Act like they aren't there, it works.
 rosewood_girl
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/14/2013 2:30:57 PM
You could try a mixer. I find it awkward to go up to people and ask them out, but thats just me.
 sigungq
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2013 3:11:24 PM
OP, it is not possible for a man to get "favorable" attention from a woman in the real world OR the virtual world for that matter. You just happen to be on the wrong planet methinks.
 SngleNarlington
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/15/2013 10:11:54 AM

Just ask her if she got her pants on sale. Then say, they're 100% off at my place.

LMAO I'm going to have to work that into the conversation at some point.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 112
Just look outside, inside, all over.....
Posted: 12/15/2013 12:17:15 PM
aanarchist:
Quality women are everywhere.....at the grocery store; at the gym; at the restaurant; at sporting events; at the office;
in your apartment building; walking down the street; stopped in traffic at the red light; at an amusement park; at church; at the bowling alley; at a rock concert; at a paintball excursion; at the pool; playing pool; hiking up a hill;
reading a good book at the library; at the roller rink; etc.....and don't forget online at PoF.

Get a woman's attention online, meet her in the real world.....takes time, but it's simple. ;P

Just ask her if she got her pants on sale. Then say, they're 100% off at my place.

Hilarious! Love it!!
 GJBrown
Msg: 113
Just look outside, inside, all over.....
Posted: 12/15/2013 7:12:36 PM
Guy- Hello!
Woman- Hi
Now you have gotten her attention. The hard part is keeping it!
If youre boring or just have no game
 jazzybabe
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2013 3:09:09 AM
I had a man see me at a store and follow to me to the red light where he got my attention, asked me if i was married and gave me his number! I was very flattered and have actually gone out with him a few times. Very small town so he lives really close to me and yes I did a "check" on him 1st , took my own car etc.
What's wrong with saying "Hey you look familiar, what's your name?" good way to start a conversation and see if someone is interested.
 NDTfan
Msg: 115
Posted: 12/17/2013 4:03:03 AM
Be nice to her and treat her like an actual human being. Sounds simple enough, but there are hordes of men who'd rather turn it into a soap opera a la those "coaches" who talk about negative hits and all that nonsense.
 KratosSpawn
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/17/2013 2:38:52 PM
Be cordial and approach women with courteously and see if she responds to you with interest. From there you guage the level of interest and exchange contact information with instructions about when to call you.

If she calls, she's 100% down. If not, well at least you put your best foot forward and went for what you want!
 ManOfAdventure28
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2013 3:10:19 PM
How do I get a woman's attention in the real world.??

I slap her on the ass and when she turns round I say "it wasn't me.....but Im glad I have got your attention ;)"

It's got a 99.99% success rate. Seriously. For some reason, police women love it even more than non-police women...go figure
 metcatguy
Msg: 118
Posted: 12/18/2013 9:28:20 PM

unless you're attractive, have fun with a sexual harassment accusation.
 ManOfAdventure28
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2013 3:38:27 AM

unless you're attractive, have fun with a sexual harassment accusation.

Unless you're saying that to someone at work, in which case I'd strongly urge you to re-consider, I'd bet good money on there being no sexual harrassment accusation. Most women can take a joke, they even like jokes with sexual connotations and the delivery is far more important than looks.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/19/2013 9:10:50 AM

Act like they aren't there, it works.

This guy may have been joking, but it's actually a good answer.

1. If you worry less about women liking you and focus on more important things, women will by default be intrigued as you aren't in hunt mode and your vibe will be different.

2. You won't care anyway as mentioned above you will be focused on more important things than meeting women, something that should happen naturally as a side effect of being a social person...but won't matter to you since it's not the big deal you once made it.

There's no downside to this.
 metcatguy
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/19/2013 10:20:54 AM

Be nice to her and treat her like an actual human being. Sounds simple enough, but there are hordes of men who'd rather turn it into a soap opera a la those "coaches" who talk about negative hits and all that nonsense.

way to get stuck in the friendzone. and don't bs, its a construct mostly constructed by women. once a guy is there, his chances at a relationship are none. negative hits, you'd think women would hate that, yet when the guy is attractive they love it.
 metcatguy
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/19/2013 10:23:33 AM

Unless you're saying that to someone at work, in which case I'd strongly urge you to re-consider, I'd bet good money on there being no sexual harrassment accusation. Most women can take a joke, they even like jokes with sexual connotations and the delivery is far more important than looks.

try being a man who's overweight and isn't charming and your perspective will change. three times I'm been accused of something for things tamer than that, none of them being in a workplace.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 123
Posted: 12/24/2013 8:14:39 AM

way to get stuck in the friendzone. and don't bs, its a construct mostly constructed by women.

This "construct that's constructed by women" is something men do too with women they aren't attracted to (though some will sleep with her anyway because she's there). There are women out there who like men who aren't interested but are willing to hang out with her in some other capacity. Friend zone knows no gender.

once a guy is there, his chances at a relationship are none.

What puts men in the friend zone is lack of attraction....or doing something horrific to trump the attraction that's there like murder someone, or act in some other way that makes attraction not matter.

negative hits, you'd think women would hate that, yet when the guy is attractive they love it.

Some love it. Why you would care what women who love negative attention do, I have no idea. Why consider such women as valid topic for conversation?
 Blackwood85
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2013 11:18:28 AM

This guy may have been joking, but it's actually a good answer.

1. If you worry less about women liking you and focus on more important things, women will by default be intrigued as you aren't in hunt mode and your vibe will be different.

2. You won't care anyway as mentioned above you will be focused on more important things than meeting women, something that should happen naturally as a side effect of being a social person...but won't matter to you since it's not the big deal you once made it.

This actually does work, 9 times out of 10, I'm not even doing that on purpose. I'm never really in "hunt mode" when I go out and I just let things happen naturally. I've gotten a ton of numbers and have a lot of girls show interest in me because I don't pay them any mind.
 Like2dance
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2013 2:20:37 PM
I just walk up to them and say hello. It goes from there. Pretty simple, really!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How do you get a womans attention in the real world