Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How do you get a womans attention in the real world      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ktxginger
Msg: 151
How do you get a womans attention in the real worldPage 7 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

If you have a nice bank account, are hung like Seabiscuit, look like Brad Pitt, or are some douchebag "badboy" all these women fawn all over, you'll get all the attention from a woman you can ever have.

Wow, the manure in here is getting thicker ... maybe it's from Sea Biscuit ... or maybe it's from guys who like to blame women for their perceived dating inadequacies.

They won't answer back? Must be b/c I don't look like Brad Pitt.
They stopped responding? Must be b/c I am not hung like a horse (and exactly how do the women know this?)
They won't go out with me? Must be b/c my bank account isn't adequate.
They say I'm boring? Must be b/c they want a 'badboy'.
Women are mean and shallow. I'm going to go women bash to other men ....

Ever think that women may not be attracted to YOU (just like you aren't attracted to all females)? Maybe they don't respond or stopped responding b/c you couldn't hold a conversation or you came across as a douchebag. Maybe it's b/c you tried to get them to respond by telling them you were hung like a horse (and BTW who in their right mind would want to screw a horse or someone hung like one? I mean, come on - really?)

You men don't like it when women lump all of you into 'players' and 'looking to get laid' categories or when they say all you want is to get into someone pants or you would fvck anything that moved ... stop with saying women are shallow already.

Okay, now you can go back to your regularly scheduled pity parties ...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 152
How do you get a womans attention in the real world
Posted: 1/10/2014 1:09:32 PM

Getting a woman's attention in the real world? The one thing they all complain about on this site. Just one magical word: "hi"

In the real world where attraction can be determined and you have no profile information to go on, a "hi" isn't a bad thing to start a conversation with.

Online where attraction isn't known and you have a bunch of information to work with when you send an opening message, "hi" comes off as lazy and unoriginal.

*shrug*
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2014 4:43:19 PM

Online where attraction isn't known and you have a bunch of information to work with when you send an opening message, "hi" comes off as lazy and unoriginal.

Absolutely right in my opinion womaninprogress, simple equation is....More effort in = better results. What about commenting on something she mentions in her profile? Or using humour? Or posting a 'want ad' ie:

" Wanted A woman who appreciates being treated like a lady, or is it a martini? Not shaken, just slightly stirred. Who has a sense of humor and who allows a man to take charge when arraigning someplace appropriate on the first date and is old fashioned enough to not embarrass a guy when he wants pay for their night out. Does his sound like you? Your profile says it's you womaninprogress, but......what do you say?"

Gotta wonder at the longevity of some posts, like this one, amazing it's still getting hits yeah?
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2014 4:43:59 PM

Absolutely right in my opinion womaninprogress, simple equation is....More effort in = better results. What about commenting on something she mentions in her profile? Or using humour? Or posting a 'want ad' ie:

" Wanted A woman who appreciates being treated like a lady, or is it a martini? Not shaken, just slightly stirred. Who has a sense of humor and who allows a man to take charge when arraigning someplace appropriate on the first date and is old fashioned enough to not embarrass a guy when he wants pay for their night out. Does his sound like you? Your profile says it's you womaninprogress, but......what do you say?"

Gotta wonder at the longevity of some posts, like this one, amazing it's still getting hits yeah?
 tremtgolden456
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/11/2014 2:36:00 AM

Wow, the manure in here is getting thicker ... maybe it's from Sea Biscuit ... or maybe it's from guys who like to blame women for their perceived dating inadequacies.

I see someone's a bit butt hurt? must've been caught trying to run a game on a man and he found out. Hate to inform you, I have no problems getting dates at all. Sorry to disappoint I know.

They won't answer back? Must be b/c I don't look like Brad Pitt.

Please show me where i said this?

They stopped responding? Must be b/c I am not hung like a horse (and exactly how do the women know this?)
Again, where did i say this?

They won't go out with me? Must be b/c my bank account isn't adequate.

I don;t have that issue, I make a very good living, it's the "equality" issues I have a problem with. In that MANY MANY MANY women have a problem knowing what it means to be an equal in a relationship, and refuse to budge.

They say I'm boring? Must be b/c they want a 'badboy'.

Ask this same question of all the women here who have "I want a nice guy" in their profiles, and see what they say

You mean like exactly what YOU'RE doing right now? Those who throw stones @ glasshouses.......

Ever think that women may not be attracted to YOU (just like you aren't attracted to all females)? Maybe they don't respond or stopped responding b/c you couldn't hold a conversation or you came across as a douchebag.

I don't sweat women like this, if she has issues making decisions, then she'll most likely always have trouble making decisions, and certainly the right ones. "Douchebags" are exactly what they want though, so you've just backed up what I've said to an extent.

Maybe it's b/c you tried to get them to respond by telling them you were hung like a horse (and BTW who in their right mind would want to screw a horse or someone hung like one? I mean, come on - really?)

I'm not sure who'd want to, but apparently this is the type of man meny women aspire to be with? It says so in some of their profiles. Go ask some of them, they'll tell you.

You men don't like it when women lump all of you into 'players' and 'looking to get laid' categories or when they say all you want is to get into someone pants or you would fvck anything that moved

Just as you don;t like it when we men "lump you all" into the "nice/solid/good guy" categories you go on and on shouting about. They say they want these types of men, but really don't.

stop with saying women are shallow already.

Never said all women did I? nope, but the many that are, is who I'm speaking to.

Okay, now you can go back to your regularly scheduled pity parties ...

What time does yours start?
 tremtgolden456
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/11/2014 4:16:47 AM

Who wants a guy with no money??

Who wants a woman with no money or a car? also necessities in most cases, right?

So, if women don't want a man with "no money or a car" as you've explained here, wouldn't it be equal and fair that a man shouldn't want a woman w/o a car, a bank account, etc?
 ktxginger
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/12/2014 11:06:16 AM

You mean like exactly what YOU'RE doing right now? Those who throw stones @ glasshouses.......

Show me exactly where I was man bashing ... I said stop complaining. Big difference. Now, if I had said men only want girls who look like super models with big tits and other such things, THEN I would have been man-bashing.

BTW: if you are going to use a quoted phrase like the glass house one, you might want to quote correctly ... Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones ... makes more sense that way - unless you are saying you are fragile like a glass house and people shouldn't throw stones at you?

Hate to inform you, I have no problems getting dates at all. Sorry to disappoint I know.

Good to heat the 'Sheena Warrior' comment is working for you. Why would I be disappointed? Did I ever say you didn't get dates? Sounds like someone is a little defensive ...

must've been caught trying to run a game on a man and he found out.

Lol - you're hilarious. That is precisely what guys want to think about women. Run back to your cave now ...

I had to check and I was surprised you were my age. With your attitude, you sound like you are much younger.
 Nj2ut
Msg: 158
Posted: 1/12/2014 12:02:16 PM
[If you are an average looking guy, then go for the average looking girl. i.e. as homely and plain as you may be. lo!!!l ]

Well...except she is holding out for an above average looking guy...other wise she would be "settling". You probably don't read most women's profiles, but I've seen it on numerous occasions where she is 5'7 but he must be 6'0. So even if the guy is the same exact height as her, he's not making the cut .
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 159
Posted: 1/12/2014 12:09:15 PM
Aanarchist quote:

Posted: 1/11/2014 225 AM
Women exist irl? Next thing you'll tell me is that women exist on the internet, I call bs.

Now come on.....you know women exist in real life and on the internet. I know it was early for you when you posted.
You could always be out in public, such as a mall, pretend to choke on something, cough so loud, and hope the first nearby woman comes to your rescue and performs the Heimlich maneuver, which of course works! Now you are indebted to her forever. Simple. :) Practice those coughs!
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2014 4:46:45 PM

moon rocket. how about you learn to spell? That is more offputting than anything else, in my book.
It is arranging, not arraigning unless you intend to arrest the person lol!

lol? Wow thank you from the bottom of my heart for pointing out my Earth shattering typo misdemeanor and I grovel at your superior knowledge of the English language.

May I just point out one thing though?

Offputting [your spelling] is an informal British adjective yes? However it is also a compound word as explained on page 29 of the World Book Encyclopedia, "Using your language" [Punctuation]. Further to this, the word is clearly described on page 1443 as off-putting, yes doria, clearly hyphenated, however, before you go running off to verify this information re your clear foot in mouth exercise in correcting me, just use your spell checker which describes offputting as two words, off putting or off-putting, which is the more widely accepted correct usage.

So.......not laughing out loud but, what was that about throwing stones when in glass houses?

BTW though and back on topic: How do you get a womans attention in the real world? Well, obviously by making a simple typo in your case and if that's all it takes, I wonder how hard it would be to live with you!
 Princess12524
Msg: 161
Posted: 1/12/2014 4:52:27 PM
What gets my attention is chivalry, respect & flirtation.
 GJBrown
Msg: 162
Posted: 1/12/2014 7:37:02 PM
I got a woman's attention once. It was February 29th! Thats right. I can only get a woman's attention once every 4 years
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2014 8:23:38 PM

What gets my attention is chivalry, respect & flirtation.

Well, ya got my attention!
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 164
Posted: 1/12/2014 9:11:42 PM

Well...except she is holding out for an above average looking guy...other wise she would be "settling". You probably don't read most women's profiles, but I've seen it on numerous occasions where she is 5'7 but he must be 6'0. So even if the guy is the same exact height as her, he's not making the cut .

Don't look at what happens on this site as a representation of how women really act with dating. This site is only a small group.

Remember, probably most of the people here are here because of social flaws, impossible standards, making themselves completely unappealing to other people. People don't come here because they're the definition of the perfect person to date, otherwise, they'd never have even had the idea to come here in the first place, because they're very easily finding people offline.

But the average looking, only go for average looking, it's BS. NEITHER PERSON SHOULD HAVE TO SETTLE. If you're not attracted to someone, don't go for them, wait for someone that you are attracted to. It's a common double standard on these sites, guys should lower their standards, but women are still allowed to expect a god.

The more you watch this site, the more you realize everyone here is their own worst enemy when it comes to dating.

You'll find that the girls in the real world, who have never come to PoF before, are infinitely easier to get a date with than someone on here, even if you're ugly and she's a supermodel. You'd be amazed at how much just having a conversation could do... and in the real world, most people are willing to talk to you if you make the effort to talk to them, except for the girl at the bar/club, she's there with a specific goal, and it's usually sex with someone that's almost definitely not you... But if you want something more than just one night with someone who probably does this every week, then you don't want to meet her in a bar anyway.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 165
Posted: 1/12/2014 9:30:16 PM

Remember, probably most of the people here are here because of social flaws, impossible standards, making themselves completely unappealing to other people. People don't come here because they're the definition of the perfect person to date, otherwise, they'd never have even had the idea to come here in the first place, because they're very easily finding people offline.

^^^^^Hmmm, I disagree with the above. I think most people use online dating sites as a tool to meet others they normally would not otherwise meet in real life. And you are correct, neither person should have to settle. I also agree if you are not attracted to someone, don't pursue him/her. But, don't wait for someone you are attracted to, go find that person.

guys should lower their standards, but women are still allowed to expect a god.

Good grief.....(she said while starting to play the violin)
Guys/Gals don't have to lower their standards....
Women are "allowed" to expect a god??? Sorry, but such a crock of crap.
 tremtgolden456
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/12/2014 9:49:45 PM
Show me exactly where I was man bashing ... I said stop complaining.

LOL, I wasn't "complaining", I was quoting someone else who was complaining...BIG difference.

Now, if I had said men only want girls who look like super models with big tits and other such things, THEN I would have been man-bashing.

You man bashed before.

BTW: if you are going to use a quoted phrase like the glass house one, you might want to quote correctly ... Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones ... makes more sense that way - unless you are saying you are fragile like a glass house and people shouldn't throw stones at you?

I guess you're the "fragile one" since you can't seem to accept an opinion that differs from yours? pardon me for not getting the quote right.

Hate to inform you, I have no problems getting dates at all. Sorry to disappoint I know.

Good to heat the 'Sheena Warrior' comment is working for you. Why would I be disappointed? Did I ever say you didn't get dates? Sounds like someone is a little defensive ...

Is this not you from above?

Ever think that women may not be attracted to YOU (just like you aren't attracted to all females)? Maybe they don't respond or stopped responding b/c you couldn't hold a conversation or you came across as a douchebag. Maybe it's b/c you tried to get them to respond by telling them you were hung like a horse (and BTW who in their right mind would want to screw a horse or someone hung like one? I mean, come on - really?)

The first line, you not only accuse me of "complaining", but also woman bashing. You apparently assumed that i cant get dates...that's why I responded otherwise.

Try to keep up.

You men don't like it when women lump all of you into 'players' and 'looking to get laid' categories or when they say all you want is to get into someone pants or you would fvck anything that moved ... stop with saying women are shallow already.

Never once did I say "all women" did I? Nope...but there ARE women out there(especially here in Southern California), who are mean, nasty.vindictive, entitled, and shallow.

if you find where I said every single woman is/was this way, please post it.

Just like MANY MANY MANY MANY women here call guys "douchebags" or "losers", or even better, "dead beats", that's not man bashing? Women here dont do this on a daily basis? They sure do.....and OFTEN.

Lol - you're hilarious. That is precisely what guys want to think about women. Run back to your cave now ...

Thank you, I am pretty hilarious. Please don;tt ell me what to do because my opinion doesn't jive with yours.

I had to check and I was surprised you were my age. With your attitude, you sound like you are much younger.

Nope, just wiser.
 atebungles
Msg: 167
Posted: 1/12/2014 10:23:47 PM
Funny !! Mentioning a club or pub from what I hear seems to be very unfashionable even considered a turn off when trying to meet women these days.

Yet a Generation or 2 ago that's all people ever did, Apart from the occasional wedding party.

Why the Sudden change???

It does seem a more natural fun way.....

Maybe there is genuine reasons why its so hard to get women's attention today...

Are both sexes trying to be to cleaver???
To Political correct ????
 ktxginger
Msg: 168
Posted: 1/12/2014 10:33:20 PM

LOL, I wasn't "complaining", I was quoting someone else who was complaining...BIG difference.

And my original post wasn't directed at specifically YOU - it was to multiple posts. BIG difference.

pardon me for not getting the quote right.

No pardons allowed. 20 lashes with a wet noodle for you.

The first line, you not only accuse me of "complaining", but also woman bashing. You apparently assumed that i cant get dates...that's why I responded otherwise.

Once again, NOT talking specifically to YOU - my post just happened to follow yours and addressed multiple posters. Get over yourself.

Try to keep up.

Pot meet kettle. Too funny ...

You man bashed before.

Um ... no.

I could go into a lot more about what you said, but it's really not worth my time.
 tremtgolden456
Msg: 169
Posted: 1/12/2014 10:49:21 PM
What gets my attention is chivalry

Have a question for you Princess: Are YOU in turn "chivalrous" towards men? Do YOU Open doors for men, pay the bill(the complete bill in full) some/most of the time/ do YOUR share in the relationship? Share EVERYTHING 50/50? that's what "equality" is isn't it?

That's the million dollar question for all these women who like "chivalrous men". Why would a man do anything for you, you aren't willing to do for a man? Being chivalrous IMO, means you feel as if you're superior to me, I/we owe you something, and you're no more superior than I or any other man is. Opening a door for someone doesn't mean a thing, except constitute that guy might be a "nice guy" and we all know many many many women here(some have admitted this over and over again), that they don't want "nice men", they want jerks/a holes/douchebags. "nice men are pu*&s" is what a few here in this thread alone have said.

I think what I and (many many many) men are looking for in a relationship is equality, for the woman to do HER share. Not Expect things from men, they wouldn't do for themselves, or other men.
 tremtgolden456
Msg: 170
Posted: 1/12/2014 10:59:28 PM
And my original post wasn't directed at specifically YOU - it was to multiple posts. BIG difference.

Just as mine weren't directed "at you" specifically, just in general. BIG difference.

No pardons allowed. 20 lashes with a wet noodle for you.

I might actually enjoy that.

Once again, NOT talking specifically to YOU - my post just happened to follow yours and addressed multiple posters. Get over yourself.

Not into myself, that would be considered shallow, and I'm not. I kinda figured you'd go the "I don't want to waste any more of my time on this" route.

Um ... no.

I could go into a lot more about what you said, but it's really not worth my time.

You could, but you'd be wrong, and wasting your time, remember?

Umm YEAH, but I'm glad I won't have to endure another one of your witty responses, since you aren't going to waste any more of your time responding.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 171
Posted: 1/12/2014 11:14:19 PM
Tremtgolden456:

I'm not Princess and no doubt she will have answers for you. But, I will tell you, I have gone out with many guys who enjoy opening the door for me, as it very much appreciated. There are times where I reach the door first, and as I get ready to open it and YES I would hold it open for my guy or anyone who was right there, BUT, I have been in situations where my date will say "No, let me get the door for you." I have offered to pay the bill a few times, but dates have politely declined. I love it when a man/my date walks on the outer portion of the sidewalk closest to the curb. I never knew the reason behind this until I started dating a couple of years ago. I appreciate the little things that are done during a date and in a relationship. Of course, I reciprocate.

I think what I and (many many many) men are looking for in a relationship is equality, for the woman to do HER share. Not Expect things from men, they wouldn't do for themselves, or other men.

Oh good grief....here comes the "many, many, many men." I don't think many women "expect" things from men, but, I will tell you, I do appreciate the little things like chivalry. It makes me feel good when I am with my date and it makes him feel good that what he does is appreciated.

Unfortunately, it sounds as if you have never been on a date or in a relationship where you felt appreciated. If you did, I don't think your position would be as staunch as it is right now.
 tremtgolden456
Msg: 172
Posted: 1/13/2014 12:05:41 AM

But, I will tell you, I have gone out with many guys who enjoy opening the door for me, as it very much appreciated.

Dear, never said 'all women" were that way, but many are. You're one of the exceptions to the rule mind you, but the rule still stands.

There are times where I reach the door first, and as I get ready to open it and YES I would hold it open for my guy or anyone who was right there, BUT, I have been in situations where my date will say "No, let me get the door for you."

AGAIN, you're different, and if you truly are this way, then good for you, and keep it up. My whole point is what I've asked: Why should a woman expect a man to do anythying for them(such as open a door), if they in turn wouldn;t do the same for a man?

I have offered to pay the bill a few times, but dates have politely declined

You're also not one of those "I dont need a man to pay my bills" women, and then when the bill comes, guess who "suddenly" isn;t so independent anymore and DOES need that man? Keep doing what you're doing.

I love it when a man/my date walks on the outer portion of the sidewalk closest to the curb. I never knew the reason behind this until I started dating a couple of years ago.

From my grandpas perspective: men walk on the outside portion of the sidewalk to protect the lady and make her feel more safe. Sounds good to me, not sure if that's true. Makes sense though & I believe him as he and my grandma were married for 52 yrs.

I appreciate the little things that are done during a date and in a relationship. Of course, I reciprocate.

Again dear, good job, but you're an exception to the rule. It would be nice to see more women do this.
 atebungles
Msg: 173
Posted: 1/13/2014 12:40:34 AM
Funny !! Mentioning a club or pub from what I hear seems to be very unfashionable even considered a turn off when trying to meet women these days.

Yet a Generation or 2 ago that's all people ever did, Apart from the occasional wedding party.

Why the Sudden change???

It does seem a more natural fun way.....

Maybe there are genuine reasons why its so hard to get women's attention today...

Are both sexes trying to be to clever ???
To Politically Correct ????
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2014 2:27:36 AM

Why should a woman expect a man to do anythying for them(such as open a door), if they in turn wouldn;t do the same for a man?

tremtgolden456. Maate, truly, you really don't get why [some] of us men do these things for women do you? Sure its got some old explanations like the 'walk on the outside part of the sidewalk' to protect your lady from runaway horses [true] but a lot......like opening restaurant doors, pulling out the seat for your lady [while the waiter holds out the chair for you!] leading your lady to your table [and NOT trailing behind her, trailing behind the waiter] all these things basically show who is in control of the proceedings. It's a man's job to be in control of proceedings, just as it's his job to protect his lady if there is any problems that arise during the night.

So many guys hand over the control of these little thing to their woman when in fact women desperately want us to be in control of these situations and in some cases guys are even are too lazy to order, preferring to acquiesce and say "I'll have what she's having"

It's not a case of equality mate, it's the fact that we are different!

To the guys out there, on your next date, YOU pick the restaurant, think about what's on the menu and order what YOU would like to eat, find out what are the specials that the chef does, pick the wine, do some research, visit the restaurant beforehand and speak to the head waiter or owner beforehand about delivering something special to your partner, her favorite drink without her having to ask, a poem that drops out of her menu, make her whole night special, that's your job, do you job, be a man.........and you will be rewarded in spades by the response and genuine surprise from your partner.

This, is what real men do.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 175
Posted: 1/13/2014 12:43:24 PM
Moon Rocket,

where the f*ck have you been all this time man? Amen to all you said!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How do you get a womans attention in the real world