Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How do you get a womans attention in the real world      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 176
How do you get a womans attention in the real worldPage 8 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
as tremptgoldenshower has shown, being a jerk also gets womens' attention, from the amount of responses :) lol

holding a door for a lass takes about nearly zero effort, so why complain about it? as for recon'ing a restaurant, looking up their menu on the Internet can be done during a TV commerical break the night before...or sometimes the menu is in your YellowBook pages, in the restaurant section, for some places. but not knowing the place well, does give you conversation matter with your date, too.

an unattractive, classy person is...still unattractive. but it doesn't take much effort to be a class act, if its natural for you.
 sigungq
Msg: 177
view profile
History
How do you get a womans attention in the real world
Posted: 1/13/2014 6:18:13 PM
Women are the enemy........... That's why it's called "Dating Boot Camp" for men...........
 Princess12524
Msg: 178
Posted: 1/13/2014 6:37:31 PM
Have a question for you Princess: Are YOU in turn "chivalrous" towards men?
NO

Do YOU Open doors for men, pay the bill(the complete bill in full) some/most of the time/
NO

do YOUR share in the relationship?
hell yes ;0p

Share EVERYTHING 50/50?
NO

that's what "equality" is isn't it?
THIS IS A DATING SITE NOT A FEMINIST SITE, NOT AN EQUAL RIGHTS SITE-SCHOOL & JOB EQUAL RIGHTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO W/ ROMANTIC/SEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS.

That's the million dollar question for all these women who like "chivalrous men". Why would a man do anything for you
WHY NOT? BECAUSE WE BOTH LIKE THE DYNAMIC OF WHAT DEIDA WOULD CALL A STAGE 3 RELATIONSHIP. BECAUSE HE LIKES POLARIZED SEXUALITY. BECAUSE HE FINDS ME PRETTY & SEXY & KNOWS HE HAS TO TREAT ME WELL (DATING IS COMPETATIVE)

You aren't willing to do for a man? Being chivalrous IMO, means you feel as if you're superior to me, I/we owe you something, and you're no more superior than I or any other man is. Opening a door for someone doesn't mean a thing, except constitute that guy might be a "nice guy" and we all know many many many women here(some have admitted this over and over again), that they don't want "nice men", they want jerks/a holes/douchebags. "nice men are pu*&s" is what a few here in this thread alone have said.
SORRY U HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT SEXUALITY & ROMANCE. MAY I SUGGEST SOME THERAPY?

I think what I and (many many many) men are looking for in a relationship is equality, for the woman to do HER share. Not Expect things from men, they wouldn't do for themselves, or other men.
PLEASE LET THE MANY MANY MEN SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. IF U WANT EQUALITY IN A SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP THEN PLEASE DATE MEN. YOU KNOW EVEN W/ GAY MEN ONE IS THE TOP & ONE IS THE BOTTOM...HMMM...IS THAT EQUALITY??? YES, I DO EXPECT THINGS FROM PEOPLE. MANNERS DECORUM, PUNCTUALITY ETC. I TREAT PEOPLE KINDLY AT THE GET GO & EXPECT IT IN RETURN- IF I DON'T GET IT IN RETURN- I AMPUTATE...

But, I will tell you, I have gone out with many guys who enjoy opening the door for me, as it very much appreciated. There are times where I reach the door first, and as I get ready to open it and YES I would hold it open for my guy or anyone who was right there, BUT, I have been in situations where my date will say "No, let me get the door for you." I have offered to pay the bill a few times, but dates have politely declined. I love it when a man/my date walks on the outer portion of the sidewalk closest to the curb. I never knew the reason behind this until I started dating a couple of years ago. I appreciate the little things that are done during a date and in a relationship. Of course, I reciprocate
AGREE, I DO FEMININE THINGS AS A WOMAN FOR THE MAN I AM WITH.

tremtgolden456. Maate, truly, you really don't get why [some] of us men do these things for women do you? Sure its got some old explanations like the 'walk on the outside part of the sidewalk' to protect your lady from runaway horses [true] but a lot......like opening restaurant doors, pulling out the seat for your lady [while the waiter holds out the chair for you!] leading your lady to your table [and NOT trailing behind her, trailing behind the waiter] all these things basically show who is in control of the proceedings. It's a man's job to be in control of proceedings, just as it's his job to protect his lady if there is any problems that arise during the night.

So many guys hand over the control of these little thing to their woman when in fact women desperately want us to be in control of these situations and in some cases guys are even are too lazy to order, preferring to acquiesce and say "I'll have what she's having"

It's not a case of equality mate, it's the fact that we are different!

To the guys out there, on your next date, YOU pick the restaurant, think about what's on the menu and order what YOU would like to eat, find out what are the specials that the chef does, pick the wine, do some research, visit the restaurant beforehand and speak to the head waiter or owner beforehand about delivering something special to your partner, her favorite drink without her having to ask, a poem that drops out of her menu, make her whole night special, that's your job, do you job, be a man.........and you will be rewarded in spades by the response and genuine surprise from your partner.

This, is what real men do.

AH POSTS LIKE THAT REALLY TURN ME ON...I BET MOON ROCKET'S WOMEN NEVER NEED KY JELLY ;0P
 traveltrekker
Msg: 179
Posted: 1/13/2014 7:37:52 PM

Sure its got some old explanations like the 'walk on the outside part of the sidewalk' to protect your lady from runaway horses [true]

And runaway horses ARE a serious problem here in the Los Angeles area.

pulling out the seat for your lady

I'm still waiting to see someone do this with a booth.
 atebungles
Msg: 180
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:31:34 PM
Just heard on Talk back radio 5 mins ago from a study done in Germany ..How men with a Narcissistic personality do a lot better gaining women's attention socially and through to the bedroom.

Women are reportedly more attracted to Narcissistic men more so then the nice quiet guy down the road.

It was a rather interesting conversation.

It was also suggested that before the man has left his seat even before he gets no more then 2 meters close to asking a woman for a drink.
The woman has already made her mind up on what type of person he is...

Food for thought!!!!
 cesska
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:55:14 PM
I don't like narcisstic people
talk before you decide if you like someone
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 182
Posted: 1/13/2014 10:58:22 PM

I'm still waiting to see someone do this with a booth

I'm glad you brought this up! I hear the booth works similar to that of the sidewalk....if in fact, you wish to sit side by side on date....which I do if there is initial mutual attraction. I will sit on the inside of the booth and my date sits closer to the aisle. I would imagine the same concept applies.....you never know when or if a server will drop food....it has happened before....or when two servers with large trays of food try to maneuver down the aisle....it can get a bit messy. :)
 Moon_Rocket
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2014 12:24:28 AM

I'm glad you brought this up! I hear the booth works similar to that of the sidewalk....if in fact, you wish to sit side by side on date....which I do if there is initial mutual attraction. I will sit on the inside of the booth and my date sits closer to the aisle. I would imagine the same concept applies.....you never know when or if a server will drop food....it has happened before....or when two servers with large trays of food try to maneuver down the aisle....it can get a bit messy. :)

Absolutely, and it absolutely does not surprise me that a lady snaps immediately back with the right answer, because women innately understand this as correct behavior from a man and if a guy does not know these unwritten laws or is too lazy to show leadership in the relationship he's toast!

Look all it really takes is common sense and to think like a man. A man's credo should be to protect, [your woman and/or family to the death, if necessary] provide, lead, listen, innovate and learn. Project these qualities and you will increase your chances with the opposite sex exponentially.

Guys, look at ladies like, drivingharmony2, princess12524 and BelleTresor, all ladies who posted positively to what I have pointed out. Don't tell me you wouldn't like to try a little bit of chivalry with these beautiful woman? Tell you straight up when I take out a lady I am hell bent on only two things, show her I understand the difference between men and woman and one thing I forgot to mention above in my credo list......I try my hardest to make us both laugh.

Just nothing in the world like a beautiful woman falling about in front of you in uncontrolled compulsive laughter.

So how do you get a woman's attention in the real world guys? I just did. So stop winging, whining and biaching out on ladies, I just gave you the holy grail, use it. Show them that there is a difference. Show them you are a man.
 tremtgolden456
Msg: 184
Posted: 1/14/2014 1:13:10 AM

as tremptgoldenshower has shown, being a jerk also gets womens' attention, from the amount of responses :) lol

Thanks for your response, Uncle Fester!!

holding a door for a lass takes about nearly zero effort, so why complain about it?

If this is the case, then why donlt women do it for men?

as for recon'ing a restaurant, looking up their menu on the Internet can be done during a TV commerical break the night before...or sometimes the menu is in your YellowBook pages, in the restaurant section, for some places. but not knowing the place well, does give you conversation matter with your date, too.

It's actually called "equality". You know, what so many women here claim they want

an unattractive, classy person is...still unattractive. but it doesn't take much effort to be a class act, if its natural for you.

How are you still here then?
 tremtgolden456
Msg: 185
Posted: 1/14/2014 1:22:24 AM
Have a question for you Princess: Are YOU in turn "chivalrous" towards men?
NO

Which isn;t surprising to me in the least, yet another "entitled princess". Thanks for backing up what i've been saying.

Do YOU Open doors for men, pay the bill(the complete bill in full) some/most of the time/
NO

Of course, because you don;t need a man to pay your bills for you, right? Thanks for proving me right again.

do YOUR share in the relationship?
hell yes ;0p

Then you'd be incorrect. if you dont open doors for men, nor pay your share, you do nothing that's equal in the relationship.

Share EVERYTHING 50/50?
NO

Especially come divorce time. You're exactly the type of woman men need to stay clear of. Contribute nothing, but want everything when it doesn't work out. You'll make sure you get all you can too.

that's what "equality" is isn't it?
THIS IS A DATING SITE NOT A FEMINIST SITE, NOT AN EQUAL RIGHTS SITE-SCHOOL & JOB EQUAL RIGHTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO W/ ROMANTIC/SEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS.

They most certainly do, but I think you keep trying to deflect your lack of intelligence on the subject. Who mentioned anything about school? I see you have trouble reading too.

That's the million dollar question for all these women who like "chivalrous men". Why would a man do anything for you
WHY NOT? BECAUSE WE BOTH LIKE THE DYNAMIC OF WHAT DEIDA WOULD CALL A STAGE 3 RELATIONSHIP. BECAUSE HE LIKES POLARIZED SEXUALITY. BECAUSE HE FINDS ME PRETTY & SEXY & KNOWS HE HAS TO TREAT ME WELL (DATING IS COMPETATIVE)

Incoherent babbling.

You aren't willing to do for a man? Being chivalrous IMO, means you feel as if you're superior to me, I/we owe you something, and you're no more superior than I or any other man is. Opening a door for someone doesn't mean a thing, except constitute that guy might be a "nice guy" and we all know many many many women here(some have admitted this over and over again), that they don't want "nice men", they want jerks/a holes/douchebags. "nice men are pu*&s" is what a few here in this thread alone have said.
SORRY U HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT SEXUALITY & ROMANCE. MAY I SUGGEST SOME THERAPY?

How would you know? may i suggest you continue seeking therapy?

I think what I and (many many many) men are looking for in a relationship is equality, for the woman to do HER share. Not Expect things from men, they wouldn't do for themselves, or other men.
PLEASE LET THE MANY MANY MEN SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. IF U WANT EQUALITY IN A SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP THEN PLEASE DATE MEN. YOU KNOW EVEN W/ GAY MEN ONE IS THE TOP & ONE IS THE BOTTOM...HMMM...IS THAT EQUALITY??? YES, I DO EXPECT THINGS FROM PEOPLE. MANNERS DECORUM, PUNCTUALITY ETC. I TREAT PEOPLE KINDLY AT THE GET GO & EXPECT IT IN RETURN- IF I DON'T GET IT IN RETURN- I AMPUTATE...

LOL, when you run of out common sense and reasoning, you resort to name calling, and insults, which again isn't surprising. Thanks for continuing to show just how out of touch on reality you are. LOL, Now I'm "gay"? LOL. This is exactly the type of response one uses when they've been beaten badly in a discussion.

AGREE, I DO FEMININE THINGS AS A WOMAN FOR THE MAN I AM WITH.

Really? Like what for instance?
 _babblefish
Msg: 186
Posted: 1/14/2014 11:39:41 AM

Look all it really takes is common sense and to think like a man. A man's credo should be to protect, [your woman and/or family to the death, if necessary] provide, lead, listen, innovate and learn. Project these qualities and you will increase your chances with the opposite sex exponentially.

exactly why I want a man to walk the outside, so's he can easily withdraw, wave and waggle his large shiny sword to thwart off anyone that could potentially assault my wimmens like softness, therefore protecting me, my family and the household catz

*vapors
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 187
Posted: 1/14/2014 2:08:02 PM

Then you'd be incorrect. if you dont open doors for men, nor pay your share, you do nothing that's equal in the relationship.

Oh dear. Look, I get that for you a rewarding courtship involves everything being split 50/50. Your appreciation of such a courtship is based on your values. That's fine. This blatant disregard for the values of others is strange and unfortunate.

My boyfriend doesn't not get a hard on when I act like his guy friend. He does not want a girl who is "one of the boys". He likes that I'm girly. I like that he's manly. There are men and women who exist in this world who appreciate a different type of courtship than you're looking for. This doesn't make us deviants or leeches. Heck, I'm fine with the fact you're looking for a warrior princess? Why can't you be fine with us that don't want to be warrior princesses?

I don't buy my boyfriend dinner. I make him dinner. My boyfriend opens my car door for me. These minutiae that I could accomplish easily on my own creates a tingle inside my soul that I have a GREAT GUY. I do everything possible to keep that boy happy because he reminds me every day that I'm frickin' lucky. He doesn't remind me by being a jerk and saying it of course...he does it by being a guy any girl would be lucky to have. I do my best to return the gesture, but not by courting him as he courts me. He's not a girl. He's not going to get little tingles when I fix his sink. He loves that I make bentos for him for lunch. My making him a bento makes him feel better than me fixing his sink. Him fixing my sink makes me feel better than him making me a bento. We'd both appreciate either gesture, but we understand our differences and cater to them.

As for the door holding, eh. I hold the door open for anyone who is behind me...that's just manners and has nothing to do with courtship. I'll never understand that argument. Who the heck lets a door slam in the face of another person just because of their gender??

So many people have this unhealthy starvation mentality. They live in a world of scorecards trying to do everything to make sure they never give more than they receive.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 188
Posted: 1/14/2014 3:46:23 PM

As for the door holding, eh. I hold the door open for anyone who is behind me...that's just manners and has nothing to do with courtship. I'll never understand that argument. Who the heck lets a door slam in the face of another person just because of their gender??

I second this... I never understood that one either. It's not about chivalry, it's about courtesy. I also hold doors open for everyone behind me - old or young, male or female...
 Princess12524
Msg: 189
Posted: 1/14/2014 3:53:41 PM

Oh dear. Look, I get that for you a rewarding courtship involves everything being split 50/50. Your appreciation of such a courtship is based on your values. That's fine. This blatant disregard for the values of others is strange and unfortunate.

My boyfriend doesn't not get a hard on when I act like his guy friend. He does not want a girl who is "one of the boys". He likes that I'm girly. I like that he's manly. There are men and women who exist in this world who appreciate a different type of courtship than you're looking for. This doesn't make us deviants or leeches. Heck, I'm fine with the fact you're looking for a warrior princess? Why can't you be fine with us that don't want to be warrior princesses?

I don't buy my boyfriend dinner. I make him dinner. My boyfriend opens my car door for me. These minutiae that I could accomplish easily on my own creates a tingle inside my soul that I have a GREAT GUY. I do everything possible to keep that boy happy because he reminds me every day that I'm frickin' lucky. He doesn't remind me by being a jerk and saying it of course...he does it by being a guy any girl would be lucky to have. I do my best to return the gesture, but not by courting him as he courts me. He's not a girl. He's not going to get little tingles when I fix his sink. He loves that I make bentos for him for lunch. My making him a bento makes him feel better than me fixing his sink. Him fixing my sink makes me feel better than him making me a bento. We'd both appreciate either gesture, but we understand our differences and cater to them.

So many people have this unhealthy starvation mentality. They live in a world of scorecards trying to do everything to make sure they never give more than they receive.
TY Brookes 4 explaining it better & more kindly than I would have...I was busy polishing My Tiara ;0P
 Proteaus
Msg: 190
Posted: 1/14/2014 6:23:14 PM
More and more men are smartening up and choosing to look at the global dating arena rather than confining themselves just the toxic American dating arena . I myself am now starting to look at that option . Besides , globally you have a much better selection of possibilities .
 sigungq
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2014 7:09:23 PM
I'm beginning to see things the same way proteaus. I really can't bash American women, since I've never had any experience with them. But since none of them seem to like me at all, perhaps there will be a few somewhere else that will.
 Proteaus
Msg: 192
Posted: 1/14/2014 7:12:35 PM
Had a cousin that married a woman from the Philippines and they are very happy and she is around 20 years younger than him . In the Ukraine there are ten women for every man , so that is probably another good area to look at . Was just looking at some research that stated that narcissism has risen by 67 % in the united states in the last two decades , mainly in women . To the poster below : why would I want to marry an American woman that exhibits masculinity , no thx . She is just going off on me because that is what feminists do when you mention dating out side the country .
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 193
Posted: 1/14/2014 7:14:57 PM
Well, lets hope they don't bring the ladies home...and breed...Dun Dun Dun...AMERICANS. *lol* I'm actually shocked you've gotten on the overseas bandwagon Proteaus. Your posts are typically anti-marriage and most women in other countries are looking to MARRY American men. I suppose you could go on a sexual sabbatical, but that comes with its own risks and titillations.

Hey, if you can afford it and you'll treat her well...go for it. The only women who will mourn you are the ones that want you. Those that don't will hopefully wish the best for you.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2014 7:31:29 PM
Ouch. What was that? Oh, I stumbled upon another gender war communication malfunction thing-a-ma-doodle. Who the hell put that there? Somebody's gonna break their leg or something...

...people not hearing what each other's really saying, getting snippy, making each other feel cool because they agree, and believe the other party is a loser. It's always a hoot. Anybody bring chips?

I dress up like Tarzan, half-naked, and stand somewhere in public where there're lots of people, and beat my chest while making that Tarzan-call, like this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwHWbsvgQUE

chivalrous men

Chivalry is fine, and fun. Being courteous, considerate, decisive, secure, manly, a strong rock for your woman. But chivalry from men goes sour sometimes because general female-culture includes some women who misunderstand and abuse the idea of it, and are inconsistent and contradictive in their behavior, and many of the women who receive chivalrous treatment and even seem deserving of it, definately do not deserve it because of how they abuse the idea.

For myself at least, when I'm dating by any definition of the word such that there's a relationship (beyond the first couple dates), chivalry rules. There's chivalry taking place everywhere. Because it's not about chivalry, and any woman of mine doesn't even like that word very much. It's about romance and expression, courtesy and true, versus pretentious, respect. And of course, if it's not genuinely mutual, then she won't be my woman in the first place. But, for myself, the test is those first couple dates. If chivalry from me is required, one way, just to get a date when I don't even know the woman yet, which is the purpose of the first dates...then it definately doesn't go any further. (When there are issues after a relationship has technically began, that might be the high-maintenance issue, or the selfish or inconsiderate issue, or using issue, or taking-for-granted issue, etc.)

Such topics on the surface can seem to be about equalities, or conversely, the differences between men and women. It can be, but not as often as most people think. There's often something else going on as well.

In particular...this came up in a thread about getting a woman's attention - Let's see this as in the different forms of things like making a first move, expressing interest, asking someone out on a date, etc. There is a general practice that sometimes is just not appropriate, is self-defeating, and is inconsistent. When this is true, it seems to be about intentions and honesty, mixed messages...but not gender equality or gender differences...

And what I'm talking about is any instance wherein a man "approaches" a woman, or wants to "go out" with a woman, in order to find out who she is (and vice versa), and see if they're both interested in finding out if they want to be together...yet, she requires him to do something that he'd only do (if it's natural and genuine) after he already knows her a little bit and likes her, just to get that first conversation or date...before he even knows her yet. It's like putting the cart before the horse. Pulling a horse with a wagon. When it happens this way, it sends the message that either she doesn't really like or want him and is just doing him a favor if he "wins the chance", or she wants respectful gestures while not thinking that respecting him is necessary, or she is one who really is just relying on her looks, as if it's a foregone conclusion that a man would want her before even knowing her because of her looks...her looks alone being worth those premature inappropriate "chivalrous" gestures just to win her attention. Now...I'm pretty sure that quite a few women aren't like this, but they're sending out those messages without stopping to think about it any, and of course they're certainly encouraged to keep going like they do because they'll always find men who cater to this without realizing what she's getting sometimes, or without realizing what she's missing sometimes. And it even can happen that she doesn't find this out, because really they're both carrying on the charade for each other, each just glad that they used the right game to win their prize or trophy...and when this is the case, when it blows up, it blows up bad, and is often mistaken for other "relationship-problems", when it wasn't even right from day-one.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 195
Posted: 1/14/2014 9:59:59 PM

There's chivalry taking place everywhere. Because it's not about chivalry.........It's about romance and expression, courtesy and true, versus pretentious, respect.

Well said! It gave me goose bumps just reading it :)

Being courteous, considerate, decisive, secure, manly, a strong rock for your woman

^^^^Well said again! I appreciate and admire this kind of man ^^^.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 196
Posted: 1/14/2014 10:24:18 PM

There's chivalry taking place everywhere. Because it's not about chivalry.........It's about romance and expression, courtesy and true, versus pretentious, respect.

Well said! It gave me goose bumps just reading it :)

Being courteous, considerate, decisive, secure, manly, a strong rock for your woman

^^^^Well said again! I appreciate and admire this kind of man ^^^.

Agreed on both. See? There are two women on this page alone of this thread who agree with someone that a guy says.

it's not gender wars.. there might be a little flaming from a couple parties... but if chivalry is done because of the character of the one doing rather than the reception of the receiver...

then he is classy for his intent; and hopefully she would be classy in acknowledging his intent, even if she had difficulty accepting it for whatever reason (but better yet, hopefully she would accept the gesture in the spirit in which it was offered... and would reciprocate when she could because of HER character).

It isn't sides... it's about different interactions between very different individuals.

Be classy, be considerate (genuinely, not with agenda), and be confidently real. You do that, you will get plenty of attention.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2014 2:51:37 AM
Oh, sir knight. Why sayeth you a white knight needs be erased so? Might Flo be right, be-ith that these are troubling times for the kingdom? Wherefore art your belief that a white knight is tarnished? Mine own horse has often been a dark one, but never I regret to see a white hat. Thusly, I beg you, what is thine meaning?

Ladies, our male flamer has a point that shouldn't be completely dropped (oops, um, "in my opinion"). He henceforth simply speaketh of certain entitlement princess uglies, but maybe knoweth not the true face or full workings of the problem, and how to explain and express himself more rightly?

This part is kind of revealing -

BECAUSE HE LIKES POLARIZED SEXUALITY. BECAUSE HE FINDS ME PRETTY & SEXY & KNOWS HE HAS TO TREAT ME WELL (DATING IS COMPETATIVE)
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2014 2:56:03 AM

I dress up like Tarzan, half-naked, and stand somewhere in public where there're lots of people, and beat my chest while making that Tarzan-call, like this -

Could I talk you into "doing the Zorro thing"?

HOT

or the pirate thing?

HOT

I find It funny that the opening doors thing is on every other forum thread. Its a f*cking door, open it and stop thinking so much about it and put that mental energy I to winning more tickets at chuckecheeze or something productive along the lines of that.

Its not a male/female thing only and many take it to far imo.
Opening a door for someone that has their hands full, is older or GOD help me if an SUV is high and I'm in a skirt.
Open the dam door and give me your hand or I'm flashing the world and I probably wont get in period because some jackal needs to make a point
It's just polite for people to do period.

I would and have held the door for men, women and children instead of letting it slam shut behind me when Isee someone there.Its common courtesy.

If on a date, open the car/restaurant door for a woman to enter. Unless you have a high vehicle and shes in heels let her open getting out. Thats a meet half way thing even a jackal can live with.

I don't live in a world where most people are that inconsiderate and don't expect a slammed door in my face with your back to me.
If someone wants to enjoy me in a little heel and dress, FFS they better have an elevator to get in that SUV so many love .
Life is just to hard to live for some people.Constantly having to make points to others.
Take me as I am..but my way or the highway.
 tremtgolden456
Msg: 199
Posted: 1/15/2014 4:05:06 AM

As for the door holding, eh. I hold the door open for anyone who is behind me...that's just manners and has nothing to do with courtship.

Doubtful you'd do it for a man if he were standing side by side w/you and you were both about to enter a room.

;quote]I'll never understand that argument. Who the heck lets a door slam in the face of another person just because of their gender??

Who said anything about allowing a door to slam in someone's face? that'd be NO ONE. But, I'm not holding any door open for women.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 200
Posted: 1/15/2014 6:53:26 AM

She is just going off on me because that is what feminists do when you mention dating out side the country .

Yes, wishing you well equates to going off on you. Proteaus...I'm happily taken and 20 years your junior. Do you really think I would be upset that a 56 year old overweight man is trying his best to find happiness and happens to find it in another country? I WANT people to be happy. They tend to be nicer people overall.

I don't take note of who opens the door first Tremt...I don't live in this odd world you seem to live in where every meeting with a guy is a battle engagement to see who comes out on top. If I'm standing next to a guy, I don't wait and start tapping my toes until he reaches for the door handle.

This is what happens in the real world as I know it. Two people reach a door at the same time, one of them opens the door, the one holding the door lets the other person through first and then follows. Gender doesn't change anything. If I reach the door first, I hold it open for the guy/girl. If they (guy or girl) reaches the door first, then they hold it open for me.

So, yes I have Happily held the door open for other people...and golly gee, many of them were MEN. AND it happened while we were standing next to each other. I just happened to reach the handle first.

Now if you don't hold the door open for ANYONE, then I'd say you have bad manners. If you don't hold the door open ONLY for women, then I'd say you're a bigot.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How do you get a womans attention in the real world