Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How do you get a womans attention in the real world      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Princess12524
Msg: 201
How do you get a womans attention in the real worldPage 9 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
This part is kind of revealing -

BECAUSE HE LIKES POLARIZED SEXUALITY. BECAUSE HE FINDS ME PRETTY & SEXY & KNOWS HE HAS TO TREAT ME WELL (DATING IS COMPETATIVE)

It sounds snobby, maybe it is snobby, but it is the truth, dating is competative & treating someone well doesn't mean "entitlement princess"

It means basic manners. (regardless of gender)
When I was heavier (less attractive in some men's eyes) I was treated like a 2nd class citizen. I lost weight & lo & behold, NOW I was treated better...well guess what I am the same person, I treated others w/ respect & kindness all along, but got more of it when I became more visually appealing.

I wouldn't spend a minute w/ a rude mean person whether I was thin, fat, etc. And yes I am a girly girl, not a tomboy, not a feminista, not a lets-go-dutch, nor am I a gold digger, a dinner whore, etc. I treat the man in my life well & want the same--if someone just wants to take & never give, that sucks. But it equally sucks to be giving & giving to a man who only takes. That is not a gender thing. Both genders deserve respect.

Anyone on the forums can interpret what I post whatever way they like, but the truth is in this world people, esp. in dating situations, are judged initially on their looks, & yes any woman w/ half a brain doesn't want to date a pauper or a tightwad, doesn't mean they are a gold digger.

Sorry if my semantics are not as delicate or PC as others would like it to be. I have seen other women in the forums convey the same in a much more articulate manner...I do not possess that skill anymore...

Kindness trumps rude everytime if the people are emotionally healthy...the prob is there are many phuked up people in the world OF BOTH GENDERS!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 202
How do you get a womans attention in the real world
Posted: 1/15/2014 7:31:19 AM
For those who wish to date outside the US while continuing to live within the US...it's rather hypocritical. If you really want the good results you say come with this formula, move to the place you're looking to date from, or have your whole dating experience long distance with the ending of moving there. Otherwise you're just looking to bring a woman to the US and make her another one of the women you're saying you don't want to deal with here.

Do women outside the country date men from the US to benefit them? Yes. So do it on their turf. How else will you know whether they really want you for you?
 abmccray
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2014 7:42:38 AM

Do women outside the country date men from the US to benefit them? Yes. So do it on their turf. How else will you know whether they really want you for you?

It's not about wanting them for them - it's the fact that they're LOSING in competing with other men from the U.S. for the "best" or "good" women from the U.S., so they want to go to another country where being from the U.S. gives them an automatic advantage over THOSE men. They basically want a handicap because they can't play the game on a fair plane. That's also why the "good" countries with the "good" women happen to typically be the places where being from the United States gives them an automatic +5 on the imaginary 1-10 scale.
 Proteaus
Msg: 204
Posted: 1/15/2014 8:37:01 AM
Where is this competition you speak of . I have no need , want , or desire to compete for damaged goods . Women from other countries like American men because we are the most domesticated of the men . They actually want the nice man or good guy , where American women have kicked the nice guys out of the way in their narcissistic rush for the bad boy/thugs . Then they complain (they are very good at pulling out the victim card ) where did all the good men go .
 _babblefish
Msg: 205
Posted: 1/15/2014 8:37:30 AM

Any suggestions were to start??
Take in consideration you are dealing with someone who is unsure of himself at the best of times...
So its better to learn how to walk then hopefully to run..

get a dog, they're a great ice breaker, and if you cannot have one for whatever reason, volunteer as a dog walker etc . .
 HonkyTonk_Woman
Msg: 206
Posted: 1/15/2014 10:24:28 AM

Women from other countries like American men because we are the most domesticated of the men . They actually want the nice man or good guy

Better check your facts...most will want "YOU" for your money and hopefully a better life than they have!

Plus....Here in Canada...They have set up strict rules for bringing an immigrant wife here because so many have been abused and mistreated.
Not to mention how expensive it is.....nobody with any type of a record...especially any charges of abuse will be allowed.
I do know a few couples.....that have married. Trust me.....the women are not any different...imo.
A lot of women are .....smart...modern and know what they want....just like here.
So....If you have the archaic mindset...these women will be subservient?? Think again.

Original question....Be yourself....no matter where and what you are.
True colors always come through....sooner or later. Which is a good thing.
If you're a grumpy...miserable cuss...blaming the world for your inadequacies...why would anyone want to spend time with you?
Life is about changing...making choices and learning and hopefully doing better...imo.
Some people remain stuck....forever!
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2014 12:40:31 PM
(How do you get a womans attention in the real world?)

Heck, how 'bout a couple of personal real life experiences I had recently. The following types of things have always happened to me frequently. But I don’t know if these will help with the above question (?) -

I had to go to the public library, to use their wifi because the signal/network I usually use is cranky and moody, so that I could do something with my laptop. I had set myself up at a table/chair area off towards a far wall/corner, and was just sitting there flipping through magazines while my machine did it's thing. Two children, a boy and girl possibly about 8 and 6 respectively, found their way into my airspace and displayed a curiosity about my machine such that they would've starting touching it and maybe mess up what I had it doing. I didn't mind them at all nor their curiosity, but I had to tactfully divert their compulsions to get too physical with my computer or get their foot caught on the power cord, etc. I think I made small talk (for children) which included asking if they’d found any books that they liked...and I offered to read them a book if they found one that they liked. I "started something", like I figured would happen, knowing how children are. They'd run off into the children's books area and come back with a couple of fine selections, I'd begin reading one to them, making a fun show of dramatizing the story and showing them the pictures as I went along. But before I'd finish, I’d get two more books brought to me, so I'd just start one of the new ones. I never finished a book, and we ended up with a nice stack of books in the chair next to me. But we talked about choo choo trains, ducks, and shit I don't remember what else. And the little girl had some sneakers that had lots of little colored lights that would start blinking when she stamped her feet. I was a bit surprised how neato and pretty they were, having not personally seen shoes like that yet. So anywho...a couple of times during all this, their mother revealed herself by hollering something (probably about behaving and not bothering people), from where she was at a library terminal maybe 60 feet away. And a female librarian who was putting away books was also in the same general area. Both of the women would look my way now and then, with that "admiring" and "approving" smile on their faces. Eventually I was done with what I was doing, and I couldn't dilly-dally, needing to be somewhere, so I had to pack things up and go. On my way out, the children had gone back to where their mother was, and I overheard them say something to their mother about "I like that man" or "that's a nice man", and the mother and librarian glowed even more. Now, this is a case wherein I'd like to have stayed and somehow ended up "socializing" with the mother or librarian, but I had to go...and also, I now had two attractive females in question - was I going to explore the possibility with both of them simultaneously? Nah, too weird.

I had went to the cell phone store to do something with my phone. At some point I was standing somewhere which was kind of “standing in line”. A woman came in with her daughter (age 9?), and I looked at her just an instant (not any length of “staring” by any defintion). I think she looked at me also in that moment. There might’ve been that polite smile of acknowledgement, but otherwise I didn’t attempt to engage in any body language, positioning, or facing more towards her, intent instead on tending to my business at hand. Eventually someone came to my service, and as a result I sat down on one of the bench-seat thingys to wait for my visit to the store to develop. Next thing I know, this woman sat down right next to me. She seemed a bit “conservative”, very nicely dressed, by all notions was a “hot babe” in all the good ways, and smelled really good. The daughter was a bit shy and stand-off-ish, giving that split-second scowl of skepticism and caution that said “who the hell is that man, I don’t know him”. This woman started talking to me, with no introductions or preambles, as if we’d already been talking or knew each other. Very easy and comfortable. Very nice. We talked about 15 minutes about the weather, her phone issue, the planes in another state being grounded by the weather, her other daughter being sick and her wondering if she should fly, the plans for that daughter to fly alone from that state to this one, if they should wait because of the weather there, and other things about myself but I can’t remember what, etc. I’d asked her what brings her to my state from hers, which was when she said that it was because her fiance transferred in his job. It came my time for someone in the store to help me take care of my phone issue so I got up. I therefore was in a different part of the store for a few minutes, which happened to be behind where and how me and this woman had been sitting. I noticed that she had changed seats and repositioned herself to completely face where I now was, and there was nothing that happened to make this necessary. I finished my business, and began to walk out, which was right past where she was sitting. I was going to make a parting comment to her about having a nice day or good luck with such-and-such, but at that exact moment she was addressed by an employee and got up to go wherever. I left, and end of story. Ok so, I don’t know if she really didn’t have a fiance…she probably did, I don’t really have any reason to think otherwise…or if maybe things are “iffy” between them, and I figure that she was just plain being social. But, given the kind of woman that she seemed to be, and the way that she talked with me…it was very flattering to one’s self-image that she even did so, and it was a very nice 15 minute chat, no matter if she did or didn’t have any reasons other than simple friendliness for chatting me up.

Ok that’s it, there’re my stories for the day.
 NDTfan
Msg: 208
Posted: 1/15/2014 1:23:29 PM

It's not about wanting them for them - it's the fact that they're LOSING in competing with other men from the U.S. for the "best" or "good" women from the U.S., so they want to go to another country where being from the U.S. gives them an automatic advantage over THOSE men. They basically want a handicap because they can't play the game on a fair plane. That's also why the "good" countries with the "good" women happen to typically be the places where being from the United States gives them an automatic +5 on the imaginary 1-10 scale.

Nailed it!
 Coma_White
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2014 1:35:58 PM

Why does being from the United States give them an advantage? Is it because the woman wants a ticket to come and live in the United States? That's the only difference I can see between a foreign man and a North American man.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 210
Posted: 1/15/2014 2:16:38 PM

Why does being from the United States give them an advantage? Is it because the woman wants a ticket to come and live in the United States? That's the only difference I can see between a foreign man and a North American man.

It's going to vary from woman to woman. Foreign women are not automatically gold diggers looking for their golden ticket in the form of an American Man. Some women searched for love in their home town, and decided to broaden their search to increase their chances. Some women think they can get more bang for their buck if they look outside their country.

I think what men and women refuse to accept is that they can be a catch in one market and a dud in another. It messes with their sense of worth. For instance, one of my HS buddies just married a beautiful woman from the Ukraine. He's balding, overweight, physically unattractive, but he's kind, well-off and educated. He gets a beautiful wife in her early 20's and she gets a man who is willing to move heaven and earth to keep her happy. He buys her jewelry, clothing and takes her on trips. They just got back from Hong Kong. This would be unimaginable from a man she could get in her own country. He's so smitten with her, that he's helping her bring her family to the US. And THAT is the key reason I've heard from the women I know personally who married American men. The men may not be a girl's dream, but the ones they chose weren't unkind and were more generous than men in their home country. They were placed in a position where they could help their family. It's frankly not a bad trade off. And lets not assume there is no trading when it comes to relationships...otherwise we'd all be ok with being alone. We all get something from being with another person.

Everyone is taking a gamble. The guy may be choosing a girl who will marry him for a few years and then leave when she's a citizen. The girl may be choosing a guy who will rape her daily and beat her for kicks. These scenarios could happen with any pairing though.

I find it offensive when people assume that a foreign bride has nothing to offer but a pretty face. That may be the case...but that may be the case anywhere. There are educated women with sparkling wit and personality all over the world. The benefit American Men have in Southeast Asia is that they're typically pale (Asians love pale skin), non abusive and generous. Are these men catches here in the US? More than likely no. Are they catches in Vietnam? Probably. So why not go where you're a catch. I would.
 traveltrekker
Msg: 211
Posted: 1/15/2014 2:29:25 PM
The men may not be a girl's dream, but the ones they chose weren't unkind and were more generous than men in their home country. They were placed in a position where they could help their family. It's frankly not a bad trade off.

Sounds more like a business deal to me.

We all get something from being with another person.

What do 2 poor people get? It won't be money and material goods.
 DragonBits
Msg: 212
Posted: 1/15/2014 2:30:25 PM
The difference in Asian cultures and Western are so far apart you wouldn't understand it. If you read this one article on part of their culture, you will see how far apart the two cultures are.

My wife estimates that 80% of married men have young girlfriends. Most of them stay married. This doesn't happen in the USA.

Many men in Thailand, both rich and poor, have a 'mia noi'. A 'mia noi', roughly translated, means 'minor wife' or mistress and has been common in Thai culture for centuries. Even in modern day Thailand, many Thai men will have a mia yai, a major wife (the main wife) and then a mia noi. The mia yai takes care of the family and the kids; the mia noi takes care of the husband, although sometimes she might have kids with him too. This practice is still so prevalent in Thailand that, only a couple of years ago, a female senator gave a speech asking male senators to not have a minor wife.

Of course, I'm sure most of them weren't listening.

The Mia Noi in Thai History - Having a mia noi or minor wife has been going on in Thailand for hundreds of years. Polygamy has always been an accepted part of Thai society with those men who were wealthy having more than one wife, some of them having several. In fact, the wealthier you were, the more wives you had. In modern life, this really hasn't changed much. Of course, it's not talked about and you're very unlikely to find a man who will admit he has a minor wife. I have, however, met two Thai women who were minor wives and one had a child with her 'husband'. In one of these cases, the major wife didn't know about the minor wife. In the other case she did. But, if the minor wife is common in Thailand, what do major wives think about it?

The Major Wife and Her Thoughts on Minor Wives - Surprisingly, when the main wife finds out about the minor wife, it's not usually like it would be in the west. No demanding the husband breaks up with the minor wife, no threats of divorce. Instead, often the major wife will look at it like, as long as she and the children are being taken care of, she's not going to make too many problems about the minor wife. Overall, most Thai men still tend to stay with the first wife so, having a mia noi, some women think, can make the first marriage more likely to work out. If they push though and insist their husband break up with the minor wife, they also know there's a chance he will leave them for the second woman. So, it's easier just to stay quiet.

Major Wives in Modern Society Have Money - One thing that is changing in modern Thai culture though, especially in Bangkok, is that a lot of major wives now have jobs and money of their own. In the past, it used to be that the money for the family belonged to the husband so, in this case, the major wife wasn't likely to rock the boat when it came to mia nois as, if the husband left, she might be left in financial straits. Now, with major wives having their own jobs, some of them don't care if the husband leaves because, unlike in the past, they can take care of themselves and their kids without the need for money from the husband.

Thai Men and Minor Wives - Overall, I can understand why many Thai men have a mia noi. In Thai culture, Thai men are not usually open with their wives about many issues. They don't talk about personal problems, they won't tell them about problems at work, and they certainly don't seem to talk to each other about relationship problems. This often seems to change though when they meet a girl and she becomes their minor wife. For some reason, Thai men are a lot more open with their minor wives, telling them things they would never tell the major wife. It's often a release for them, just being able to talk to someone about problems they could never talk to their wife about. Smarter more modern Thai women, though, are realizing that being more open with their husbands makes it less likely the husband will take a minor wife and can also create a happier married life.

As a Westerner living in Thailand, I don't necessarily think the minor wife system is bad. The husband is happy because he's not so bored with just one woman and he also has a person he can actually talk to. And, as modern women in Thailand often make their own money, the cost of having a mia noi can be a lot less than it used to be. The major wife is sometimes also happy as she has less pressure placed upon her for sex, she knows that her husband having a second wife makes it less likely they will get divorced and, as long as she and the kids are taken care of financially, this set up often works fine for her.

As for the mia noi, the couple of minor wives I've met were very happy with the situation. As independent women, neither of them wanted to be with a man 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Being a minor wife allowed them the advantages of having a man in their life but with not many of the disadvantages (no dirty laundry laying around, no guy plonked in front of the TV every night, no one constantly telling them what to do).

In fact, you could call the minor wife a win-win situation for everyone involved.

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-mia-noi-minor-wife-thai-culture-having-a-3190321.html?cat=16
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 213
Posted: 1/15/2014 3:33:27 PM

Sounds more like a business deal to me.

Nah, I think it's just like physical attraction. It's a great place to start, but it's not enough to build an entire relationship on. You still want someone that you can be happy with long term.

What do 2 poor people get? It won't be money and material goods.

If you're poor, why would you choose to be with another poor person? They sexually excite you...they make you laugh...they make you feel less lonely, etc. There is a trade in progress. When you have more to bring to the table, you tend to want more because you can get more. Men wouldn't be going overseas if doing so didn't benefit them. Women wouldn't be moving thousands of miles from everything they know if it didn't benefit them.

Romanticism tends to come into play AFTER the basic framework is in place. Ignoring the existence of that framework is what leads so many men and women to resentment. I could sugar coat, but frankly guys tend to view that as lying when reality doesn't match up with the sugar.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2014 3:39:20 PM
Ahhh..........moving my favorite easy chair and popcorn from the now defunct "What will a man endure for Hotness" flame war thread to this thread.......

I see all my favorite characters here.......this should mount up for an entertaining evening!!

Flame on!!

:)
 Coma_White
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2014 4:29:03 PM

They basically want a handicap because they can't play the game on a fair plane.

The last time I was on a plane, I was headed to Ottawa to play a concert. I was drumming for an Aborinal singer and we played in a field next to the war history museum. I'd have to say that it was a fair plane because it wasn't too big or too small, it was just right.
 sigungq
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2014 4:42:50 PM
^^^ HA HA HA!!!! I like that. BTW, I'm a drummer as well. But mainly studio. Used to tour when I was younger though.

As to the women barking about guys who go to other countries to find love, I'd think you all should be happy that all the guys you hate are off the block. You should welcome the relief of not having them chase you anymore.

I think Proteaus has a pretty solid plan myself. Something worth looking into. As far as competing with the men here in the USA, I would agree I have a handicap in that department. For whatever reason, the women here in the USA never go for me, and favor other men instead. So if I need a +5 handicap, so be it, I'll definitely take it. About time I turned the tables on my dating life.
 tremtgolden456
Msg: 217
Posted: 1/15/2014 6:13:20 PM

This is what happens in the real world as I know it. Two people reach a door at the same time, one of them opens the door, the one holding the door lets the other person through first and then follows. Gender doesn't change anything. If I reach the door first, I hold it open for the guy/girl. If they (guy or girl) reaches the door first, then they hold it open for me.

LOL, "In the real world" I call BS on your story.

So, yes I have Happily held the door open for other people...and golly gee, many of them were MEN. AND it happened while we were standing next to each other. I just happened to reach the handle first.

And you expect us to believe this?

Now if you don't hold the door open for ANYONE, then I'd say you have bad manners. If you don't hold the door open ONLY for women, then I'd say you're a bigot.

LOL!No, I'm smart.
 Coma_White
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2014 6:43:38 PM

^^^ HA HA HA!!!! I like that. BTW, I'm a drummer as well. But mainly studio. Used to tour when I was younger though.

As to the women barking about guys who go to other countries to find love, I'd think you all should be happy that all the guys you hate are off the block. You should welcome the relief of not having them chase you anymore.

I think Proteaus has a pretty solid plan myself. Something worth looking into. As far as competing with the men here in the USA, I would agree I have a handicap in that department. For whatever reason, the women here in the USA never go for me, and favor other men instead. So if I need a +5 handicap, so be it, I'll definitely take it. About time I turned the tables on my dating life.

That's cool. I've toured with ShyAnne Hovorka as a drummer, and I cut an album called This is Ours with Falsity. Right now, I'm drumming for a punk band called Broke Till' Payday. Why do you think that women go for other men instead of you? Is there a difference between you and the other guys? I find that foreign women are nice, especially if you take time to learn their language. When I was in England, the people were really friendly and I made some friends from Australia and France. I also talked to some women from Hungary online that were interested in North American dudes. Maybe I can set you up with them. I even found that sometimes it's easier to make new friends and meet new people by just going to a different city. I live in Thunder Bay Ontario and just going down to Duluth Minnesota, I found that a lot of people made small talk and such when you're a new face.
 traveltrekker
Msg: 219
Posted: 1/15/2014 6:47:35 PM
If you're poor, why would you choose to be with another poor person?

Not much choice in Third World countries where 80% + of the population lives on less than 2 US dollars per day (according to the UN). For example, Chad, Central African Republic, Burundi. And yet people still get married and have families.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 220
Posted: 1/15/2014 7:48:20 PM
Tremt: Since you believe your small world is the only one that exists, I'll leave you to it. It's hard for me to imagine a place where people go to war over opening a door, but hey...maybe that place is Pasadena. Despite your insult to my character, I sincerely hope that the place you're at now is not your forever place and you will eventually allow yourself to be surprised again. Why do I want that? Happy people make the world a better place. :)

Oh wait a minute...are you Barnaby? Dammit, Barnaby was always hopping around mad about door opening protocol. Agghh, no!

It was a rhetorical question Travel. *lol* I answered it myself in the very next sentence. :)

If you're poor, why would you choose to be with another poor person? They sexually excite you...they make you laugh...they make you feel less lonely, etc. There is a trade in progress.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 221
Posted: 1/15/2014 8:28:16 PM
Tremtgolden's woman: Sheena Warrior Princess:

Hmmm, I wonder how a man captures the attention of a Warrior Princess in real life? I wanted to see how a warrior princess was defined....According to Urban Dictionary:

Warrior Princess:

A leather clad, spike wearing bad **** whom laughs at morals and virtues; she finds solace only in raucous debauchery. Raised in a feral manner, apart from society, a warrior princess knows no manners and takes what she wants by temptation or preferably force. Alongside their Warrior King, the princesses bide their time til Armageddon when they will rise up and conquer the weak... Ya, on some Mad Max, Road Warrior, type shit.

Hobbies and Past Times include:
- Bare Backing Wolves
- Chuggin' forties
- Rapin' n Pillagin'
- Booty Clappin

Ok.....this explains a lot.....interesting....
 HonkyTonk_Woman
Msg: 222
Posted: 1/15/2014 8:39:20 PM

Oh wait a minute...are you Barnaby? Dammit, Barnaby was always hopping around mad about door opening protocol. Agghh, no!

My first thought as well...His style of writing and how he is so definitely not opening a door for any women...regardless!! Who thinks like that...??

You're right traveltrekker....Many people marry each other when they are both poor and can be happy...omg
Believe it or not!
 tremtgolden456
Msg: 223
Posted: 1/16/2014 1:26:09 AM
Tremt: Since you believe your small world is the only one that exists, I'll leave you to it. It's hard for me to imagine a place where people go to war over opening a door, but hey...maybe that place is Pasadena.

LOL, incoherent babble when you can't think of anything else to say in response, so your name definitely suits you here. Please do "leave me to it", seems you're more upset about it, then anyone else. I've gone to no "war", you continue being bothered by it, get over yourself, you're not worthy of a door open on a date.

Despite your insult to my character, I sincerely hope that the place you're at now is not your forever place and you will eventually allow yourself to be surprised again. Why do I want that? Happy people make the world a better place. :)

I appreciate the advice Dr. I'm happy, and have no reason to be otherwise. Happy I don't have to deal with "entitled princesses" and broads who think they're owed something by a man simply for having a vagina.

What is a "Barnaby"? and no, not him, sorry. Seems other men feel the same way as others do, I'm sorry you can't handle that.

PS, for someone who doesn't want to keep talking about this subject(as you claimed to not want to in an earlier response), you sure can't seem to help yourself.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2014 3:24:45 AM

If you're poor, why would you choose to be with another poor person?

- How did the conversation somewhere before come out, concerning whether a stable man has no problem with a woman who is doing less well, and whether a stable woman has no problem with a man who is doing less well?

- Two poor people together are not poor. In fact, as a result, they can be very far from poor. People do this all of the time.

- And I can even go so far as to say that this is a big part of the story of the Human race, and Human history. Coming together. Power in numbers and cooperation. We exist and have achieved as we have for this reason. This is a whole part of some cultures...couples coming together for this reason, extended families being together for this reason.

- For some, the purpose of a relationship is to just serve a few particular mutually selfish needs for "companionship", but otherwise be a bit detached. For others, a relationship is seen as a more intimate and sharing experience, which includes recognizing the fact that life in many ways, not just financially, can be greatly enriched via a relationship. The reason that this concept has gone sour is because a person will get joined with someone who isn't mature or honest, or they just don't understand that they don't go together, so financial disparities and abuse take place. So people are leary of getting with someone that might not be able, or willing, to "pull their own weight", or they have that weird issue of not being able to respect someone who isn't at least doing as well as them. This problem has always been solved by people understanding relationships and love in the first place, and how to really judge compatibility, but that's not so much the case anymore.

Warrior Princess:

A leather clad, spike wearing bad **** whom laughs at morals and virtues; she finds solace only in raucous debauchery. Raised in a feral manner, apart from society, a warrior princess knows no manners and takes what she wants by temptation or preferably force. Alongside their Warrior King, the princesses bide their time til Armageddon when they will rise up and conquer the weak... Ya, on some Mad Max, Road Warrior, type shit.

Hobbies and Past Times include:
- Bare Backing Wolves
- Chuggin' forties
- Rapin' n Pillagin'
- Booty Clappin

Ok, that's just a bit funny.

But just to be fair, I don't think that's what some men want when they speak of a "stronger" more independent woman, or even one who herself is bothered by chivalrous behavior.
 Walts
Msg: 225
Posted: 1/16/2014 5:36:39 AM
Why oh why do these questions turn into the fecal blizzards that they do?

Why???!!!!!

Being yourself is both over- and under-rated, depending on how you look at it. Your fundamental desires and persona cannot be changed, but how you present yourself and how well you converse with others - platonic or romantic - can be changed and refined. Cultivating 'you' is an ongoing process. Edit accordingly.

This young lady stated it pretty well. Only thing I would say a little differently is that "cultivating" is about how you "present" YOURself, and the person you "truly" want to be(you are). BE THAT person you want to be. After that, does it really truly matter? I mean, seriously. If you are happy and content with yourself, does anything else really matter?

If you are able to do this, then the ones that "like" or "enjoy" YOU and the TYPE of person you are, they will NOTICE! And when I say "they" I don't mean a million zillion people, just the ones that like YOU, and the TYPE of person YOU are. And get this. It may only be one, or you may not even "find" her/him. Cause, everyone has a different view of what they consider of value. Some people will see it in you and others won't. Doesn't make them any better or worse, it just makes them, them.
Some don't realize it, again but, with some of the posts here, their own "fear" and LACK of self confidence in THEMselves does show. Finger pointing does that. When people don't react the way you "Feel" they should is not YOUR problem. And if you really think about it, why would you even want "those types" to even give you the time of day, let alone date or phuck ya ?

Unless, of course, she's "hot"! ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How do you get a womans attention in the real world