Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Definition of financially secure      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 toooldtoplay
Msg: 51
Definition of financially securePage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
They are at the very least stating that they won't date the poor, and at the worse just simple gold diggers, or hinting the interest of a prostitution trade. I feel like I am very generous to women I really like but I am not at all financially secure, and I don't expect anything from them in return. If they can make me happy even with a simple conversation they will get a lot more out of me than another woman would that I am actually dating. The truth is that the very attractive women are use to men buying things for them, leaving them tips, etc. and I already know that they can't be bought with my money. I see them wearing jewelry that cost more than a years income for me. I would not even start a date with a woman that advertised that upfront.
 JGirlSD
Msg: 52
Definition of financially secure
Posted: 1/31/2013 5:57:49 AM

I would say that money buys security, power, fun, and insulates you from a whole bunch of life's bs, but buy happiness? No.

I agree. BUT....money can be very instrumental in being happy because if you have enough of it to pay your bills, save some and help others...it frees you to do the things in life that really make you happy. It's all in the attitude. If a person is happy without money, money will make them even happier....if they are not happy before hand or hard to please, they will still be unhappy and hard to please with money.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/31/2013 10:13:27 AM

NOT living from paycheck to paycheck !

The ability to accumalate stockpiles of overpriced ,worthless electronics!

The ability to go 6 weeks without checking your bank account!

The ability to not care about all the deductions on your paycheck.!

and finally

you financially secure when....Your entire extended family , borrows money from you ..!

LOL@deere_rancher!

I don't have financially secure or generous in my bio's requirements but I do like the way Rapunzel said it, that she is looking for someone who is self sufficient like she is. I don't care if a man makes less than I make as this is often the case because I tend to gravitate twards craftsmen and artists.
 12thour
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/31/2013 11:05:18 PM

The women who hate supporting bums now know what men have gone through for years... no centuries.

Whats wrong with a woman taking care of and supporting a man? No one has a problem when a man takes care of and supports a woman.

ick...and exactly the kind of man I would never, in no uncertain terms, would I ever be with. Any man that would even ask what is wrong with a woman taking care of a man??? It would be better for you that my father, my brothers, my Uncles, my male cousins, my male friends and any man that has any belief that he is a man answers that question as opposed to me.
 EnigmaticDalton
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/1/2013 1:10:09 AM

ick...and exactly the kind of man I would never, in no uncertain terms, would I ever be with. Any man that would even ask what is wrong with a woman taking care of a man??? It would be better for you that my father, my brothers, my Uncles, my male cousins, my male friends and any man that has any belief that he is a man answers that question as opposed to me.

I didn't ask if you liked it or not i asked what was wrong with it and you gave no answer.

My point was why support a bullshit double standard.
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/1/2013 11:47:23 AM
]quote]I may be stupid, but I'm just curious. Just what is the definition for financially secure, and also generous? I'm pretty sure that I am, but I tend to avoid profiles with that prerequisite. Makes me feel like their priorities are more materialistic.

(in best woman's voice)" In order to date me and even think you have a shot at me sleeping with you, you have to make x amount of dollars, I will then quit my job, have a bunch of kids with you(because you've annoyed me about it to the point where I'll have some just to shut you up, but use them later on as a bargaining tool to get what i can from you, should I get sick of looking at you), spend your money frivolously on stupid things I don't need like: designer hand bags, purses, clothing, shoes, etc. Oh, and I'll also use your money to buy my friends clothing too, you also must have enough money to fly me all over the world, at a drop of a hat, and stay at expensive hotels, and you buy me everything my hearts desire....blah blah blah".

Welcome to the wonderful world of dating women. Oh, and if they claim to be :'Independent" and "dont need a man to pay their bills or be a father for their multiple kids(because he's such a good dad, to them, yet somehow, Mr Great Guy is not with her any longer).....run, don't walk.

<div class='quote'>ick...and exactly the kind of man I would never, in no uncertain terms, would I ever be with. Any man that would even ask what is wrong with a woman taking care of a man??? It would be better for you that my father, my brothers, my Uncles, my male cousins, my male friends and any man that has any belief that he is a man answers that question as opposed to me.

So, lemme see if i get you here, you're all for the double standard? it's fine if a guy "supports" you in every way, but if the shoes on the other foot, and you're asked to "support" a guy, you have issues with this? Thats not equality now is it? no.

You wonder why you're single and on a dating site......you're just one in a very long line of women who don't "get it". Entitled princesses, who don't want to spend their money on anything for a man, but have no problems with a man spending all of his money buying you whatever you want? Interesting.

On other sites where where they can put an income requirement a high percentage of them want a guy that makes at least a $100,000 to over $150,000 a year. Never could figure out why they stay single.

Amen!! They complain and wonder why "they cant find a good man", or that they cant find anyone to date, why won't he date me?.....Umm, it couldn't be because you're seeking the impoosible is it? Clue: if men had that kind of money, they wouldn't need to be on dating sites right, why? they'd have a bevy of women lining up to get at them. Or, already have found someone.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/1/2013 5:24:22 PM
....emotionally secure counts waaay more in my book.
 mrnova66
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/1/2013 7:41:49 PM
@Barnbyjames1..I agree 100%....And how about the women that have had relationship with total losers9Lazy bums,drug addicts) all in their 20s to mid 30s and then all of a sudden they decide to find a good guy to take care of her..Like it is time for the good guy to pick up the slack..NOT ME!!!!I see these women a mile away..They can find them another loser as far as i am concern..What is it with women that will have kids with a guy that cannot support himself,But will have ababy with him..Mean while back at the ranch when MR.Wonderful is gone she is looking for some man to do sloppy seconds...Whats wrong honey?..The bums,drunks,drug dealers,convicts,jail birds are not good enough for you?
 JGirlSD
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/1/2013 8:45:02 PM
Wow..enough bitterness or what?
 mrnova66
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/1/2013 8:54:30 PM
^^^No bitterness here^^^I only tell it like i see it..I have seen women have relationship with the lowest form of POS on earth knowing damm well he is what he is,But when the party is over(Mr.Wonderful is onto new prey) all of a sudden the next loser is not good enough..MISSY is looking for a good guy to pick up the slack..JUST NOT THIS GUY..So she can just move right along to the next drama king(drunk,drug addict,lazy bum)..I have better things to do with my time to deal with left overs from the party!!!!!!
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/1/2013 9:45:54 PM
As someone who lives in SO CALI. First thing that comes to mind is that she wants to make sure you got plenty of money left over to go places and do thing. For some women its so you can keep up with them. For many others its so you can take them out for it maybe dinner or trips... It always means to me that it has to do with money and they want to make sure you are better off then the average guy out there.
 Loneeagle210
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 1:21:49 PM
Exactly, that's why I say, "There are no unicorns on a horse farm." And I've quit dating. I have had too many bad experiences and reasons for why I am unacceptable. I buy used cars, not new. Before I retired from the military and over 40, I was asked, Can't you get a real job? a lot. Being in the service for most older women was the kiss of death. You don't own a house. Living in 14 states and 6 countries in my career where would I have not lost a lot of money trying to sell and buy one every few years. I just got too tired of it. I retired at 53 on a substantial income and don't have to work if I don't want to, but I still work, for myself. I have two businesses that I have created. But I say that I'm retired from the military and that's enough for them to leave me alone.
 sigungq
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2015 6:06:30 PM
Financially secure: You don't work for, or (need to work for) anyone else, as you have enough residual income to live a decent life.

That about sums it up. Now ask yourself: How many people in the USA are truly "Financially secure"?
 Bachelorette.Number1
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/4/2015 9:36:42 PM
Loneeagle, ok, I'm 53 too. I gotta say after reading your last post up there, that you do sound financially secure, as you said.
But, you know and I know, it's probably the military thing. As a woman, most of us gotta stop and think about that a minute. I do it when I read a guy's a cop or a truck driver too....sorry but it's only prudent....
However, I totally respect military men, most I believe to be organized, focused and ..men.

But there's that dark side of it, some (see the word "some"?) military guys are unbending, too domineering, all that, you know? I'm not sayin you!

Maybe find a manly way of saying you're chilling, relaxing, enjoying the fruits of your labor? Looking for a nice gal to come sit on the "ranch" with you. Mention all the good things the military did for you, gave you focus and understanding of the world, or some such thing.
(maybe you have that in your profile already, I didn't look before I wrote...)

Good luck!
 clooneystutor
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/4/2015 10:44:00 PM
Well, it's gonna take longer then 3 dates to get some of those questions answered...
 sealady111
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/4/2015 11:09:41 PM
For most more mature women that I know, who are financially secure.

A man is financially secure if he:

Owns his own home, car and other toys. (Home ownership is the great Australian dream.)
Pays his credit card on time.
Has reasonable retirement savings, i.e. not having to rely on a pension.
Can afford to go out and do things. Pay his share.
Earns more than he spends.

The women I am quoting are all these as well.

Oops just realised the age of this thread.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/4/2015 11:25:43 PM
^^^^
Is this the make or break between a short term fling and LTR?
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/5/2015 2:45:57 AM
A pensioner is rather stable, if he has what he needs and some of what he wants; he's earned it.
 gtomustang
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/5/2015 10:23:49 AM
In America, I think the average amount was $62,00o a year. those making more than that didn't feel they would be happier if they made more money. I learn less than that in interest, but I have no debts either. there are a few items out of my grasp worth longing for, but there's many more I just go ahead and buy used.

like Steve Wright (I think) said, you can't have everything, where would you put it? if I could buy all the cars I want (i'd disagree with Will Smith's father, who asked Will, "why have all those cars when you have only one ass to sit in them?") , I might just end up being bored with all of them. then i'd want something else shiny and new.

sleeping well b/c you don't have worry how you're going to afford the small things...that peace of mind is worth working a job or getting a college degree for, if those options are available to you. you don't have to be super rich to enjoy the fun of whipping out paper or plastic and stating, "I got this."....it might occur at a tag sale where you're picking up a collectable at a quarter of its retail. because you can.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/5/2015 12:27:57 PM
That is the secret code for saying that you better have money, and plenty of it. They also indicate that they love boating.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/5/2015 12:54:31 PM
^^^
Good stuff!

The boating...yikes!

As well as the trips, weekend getaways, and requirements for a passport.

Of course, no mention of travelling to the Netherlands in those profiles.

Gotta wonder how many of those world class divorced travelers are receiving spousal support, hahahahahha
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 72
Posted: 6/5/2015 1:24:01 PM
MARLENE: ..I'm sorry, Jerry. I just don't think this is going to work.
JERRY: I guess I just didn't expect it from the way you've been acting.
MARLENE: I guess things changed for me on Tuesday night.
JERRY: Tuesday night? What happened Tuesday night?
MARLENE: ..I saw your act. I can't be with someone if I don't respect what they do.
JERRY: You're a cashier!
 sigungq
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2015 3:07:53 PM
Financially secure is where someone has enough return on investments, that it no longer matters whether or not they work at a job.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2015 3:58:47 PM
^^^Actually that is the definition of wealth( rich)y in many circles! Someone can be a hard worker with a good job, no debts, etc and be financially secure.

I was financially secure because I had a job, that unless I was shot, my finances would be secure! Even if I was shot my family would be taken care of

But after I retired, I became wealthy because like you said, I don't have to work and even without my pension my returns are enough to never have to work.

rcp83
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/16/2015 9:01:01 PM
Showing up for a date broke defines that you aren't financially secure. In reality, you are just expecting a free meal.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Definition of financially secure