Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > 30's = Time to Loosen Up One's Standards?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 111
30's = Time to Loosen Up One's Standards?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

(abmccray) ^^^Are you just not capable of seeing "context" or what? Unless you have a loved one going to a hospital every day, what in the world does this have to do with what I was -obviously- talking about?

It has waaay more to do with what you were talking about (ie, y0ur judgemental "Anyone with different priorities than me is just LAZY!") than your inital gab-fest had to do with my response to olive_oyl, which was very specific in stating that over-processed junk food is GENERALLY cheaper, and that this was a crucial factor for many (Notice that I included the word "generally", which means "usually but not always", in both this message, and my original one to olive_oyl, which I also specified was a "DIRECT answer to her question"... )

What was that you were saying about "context"?
 abmccray
Msg: 112
view profile
History
30's = Time to Loosen Up One's Standards?
Posted: 3/5/2013 1:17:49 PM
And my response was an addendum to yours. "Junk food" is generally cheaper than more healthy food, but, with the ability and -want- to prepare food, healthy food is technically the cheapest food of all. However, many people -are- too lazy to do that. It's not 'different priorities,' as preparing food can be done multitasking-ly and take relatively little time; it's lack of interest in learning and laziness. If your "priority" is to "get fatter" because "cooking sounds like too much effort to you," that's a descriptor of laziness, since the deciding issue isn't TRULY time.

There are other additions you can make to that, as well, such as the fact that lots of inner cities don't have grocery stores and lack access to more healthy foods in a reasonable manner, which is one reason for the weight problem in the inner cities.

Given that it was an additional point using your post to springboard as opposed to an argument with you, it's bewildering that you replied with such emotional responses (as shown by your tone and usage of goofy emoticons).
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 113
Posted: 3/5/2013 1:39:48 PM
Loosen up my standards? No way. My standards are a reflection of me and what I want in a relationship. What's the point of going through the journey of finding someone if I throw myself out of the equation along the way? My standards are the basis of what I want in a relationship. If I don't find someone that meets those standards, then I don't want the relationship. Yay, I'm with someone I have no interest in. Whoopee. :\
 Mg1979m
Msg: 114
Posted: 3/5/2013 2:56:10 PM
Yes these women need to loosen up a bit.They all comPlain about all the guys want is sex.Im sick of liying and cheaters.But those guys are the only ones most respond to.
 ksayer1
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2013 6:59:46 PM
''Yes these women need to loosen up a
bit.They all comPlain about all the
guys want is sex.Im sick of liying and
cheaters.But those guys are the only
ones most respond to.''

You have no idea who most women respond to. I can tell you that most women don't respond to guys who are feeling sorry for themselves.

I have no interest in lowering my ''standards'' I would rather be alone then with someone i don't enjoy.
 jc91607
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/5/2013 8:01:40 PM
Mg1979m might be onto something.

Many men who are ambitious and driven do not put a great amount of effort into making lots of money, getting six pack abs, and dressing nicely so they can have a lifelong monogamous relationship with an ordinary looking women. Many ambitious and driven men (who many women find attractive) do what they do so they can be womanizers.

In short, many women want to meet the kind of guy who has many notches in his bedpost or is capable of putting many notches in his bedpost. They then act surprised or shocked when they become yet another notch in the bedpost. It is kind of like picking up an attack dog because it looks real vicious and fierce then complaining when it bites you.
 ksayer1
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2013 8:37:36 PM
''Many men who are ambitious and
driven do not put a great amount of
effort into making lots of money,
getting six pack abs, and dressing
nicely so they can have a lifelong
monogamous relationship with an
ordinary looking women. Many
ambitious and driven men (who many
women find attractive) do what they
do so they can be womanizers.''

Why do so many of you guys assume when a woman says ''standards'' she means rich and hot?
I don't know and have never known one woman who was looking for ''rich and hot'' we all seem to be looking for slightly different things.
I could probably turn that around too and assume most of you guys pump out msgs to women who are ''10s'' then get all up set when they don't respond.
 JenSnider
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/5/2013 9:59:41 PM
^David Bowie would be proud.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/6/2013 10:48:06 PM
Never loosen up your standards. What you can do is see what worked for you what didn't and adj it to fit your goals and help you find what you are looking for..
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > 30's = Time to Loosen Up One's Standards?