Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Great Date POOF Mia but back on POF      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Back.up
Msg: 25
Great Date POOF Mia but back on POFPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
disagree, if someone asks for a second date, I think it is safe to assume they want a second date.
 grove_22
Msg: 26
Great Date POOF Mia but back on POF
Posted: 1/30/2013 6:30:10 AM
My advice is that no matter how many first dates u go out on, don't assume that the other person wants a second date even if they are the ones who asked u for a second date. I think most guys ask for a second date as way of being polite.

I don't consider asking someone for a 2nd date when you're not interested as being polite. They are giving the other person a sense of false hope. It's also possible that they were interested at the time and later changed their mind. However I do think they could have been upfront, replied to the OP's text and say that "there was no connection" or "I'm taking a break from dating" etc.

What u should have done was instead of texting him and trying to make plans for the second date, u should have just waited for him to message u first. If the guy was truly interested, he would have made an effort. The fact that he blew u off and false indications of wanting to meet again is a 'norm' for all guys on here.

The bold part is not always true. Sometimes a man may like a woman. But not contact her because he felt she wasn't interested in him.
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2013 8:58:35 AM
This kind.of thing happens quite a bit on line. its rude, insensitive and basically shows the man/woman's inability to be honest. No, you won't get an answer from an idiot like that, just move on and stay true to yourself. I always text after a meeting if I am open to another meeting or not. Whether or he does or not is not within my control. Is what he did wrong? Yes, absolutely. But you are in control of letting a loser like this go.
 BrookeAda
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/30/2013 9:34:31 AM

This kind.of thing happens quite a bit on line. its rude, insensitive and basically shows the man/woman's inability to be honest. No, you won't get an answer from an idiot like that, just move on and stay true to yourself. I always text after a meeting if I am open to another meeting or not. Whether or he does or not is not within my control. Is what he did wrong? Yes, absolutely. But you are in control of letting a loser like this go.

Summarizing: live and learn . It makes it hard to want to give it another shot knowing this is such a common occurnence. I have been chatting on here with a couple of fellows however hesitant to take another plunge in the pond.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/30/2013 9:37:38 AM
Don't let one bad guy ruin the whole experience for you.Not every man is a jerk. Trust is earned, do not just blindly give it to those who have not earned it. You need to let a man know up front what you expect, be honest. If another man does this to you chalk it up to learning early that he is a jerk and be lucky you do not have to waste huge amounts of time finding this out.
 tnt144
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/30/2013 9:41:16 AM
The closer it is to the beginning of a relationship, the more chance it has of not working and somebody walking. Love grows over time. Forget about it, hold your head up, and move on to the next prospect. You only need to find one good one, it's not so bad.

Don't make a date while on a date, that's moving too fast.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Great Date POOF Mia but back on POF