Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 59
view profile
History
What kind of relationship are you looking for here?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'm upfront about why I'm here...for the forums. However I do welcome friends to chat via the messaging. My grassroots movement to abolish fake wood paneling on vehicles and slow computers is gaining momentum....muhahaha!
 RichHom
Msg: 60
view profile
History
What kind of relationship are you looking for here?
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:30:54 AM
I am looking for a "real relationship"
Well as I am looking for a serious relationship, I believe we should search to quickly stop what could be considered as a lie. For example the picture ( age, profession etc...) I posted, shows me younger, the best thing will be to present myself in light of my real charming body and show my "friend" who I fundamentally look like, and maybe instead of being charmed by the picture, anything else will help to solidify the relationship. This will avoid false compromise. In education, there is a problem to transfer the face to face class into hybrid classes and teachers found that the lack of teachers' emotion in the teaching accounted for 15-20% of the learning so in our case I don't think that those who are serious about dating or rather serious relationship should wait to have a coffee or a dinner.
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 62
What kind of relationship are you looking for here?
Posted: 2/13/2013 4:35:06 PM
There is no set answer to how fast you should meet. In the real world, I like to scope out a person before even saying hello to them. Unfortunately, most people's profiles don't allow that to happen because they don't have any clue on how to properly present themselves to the world. So I need to exchange emails with them for a considerable amount of time but some people are horrible at that. I think that probably goes for those wanting to meet in under 2 weeks. They want to rely on their animal magnetism instead of intellectual exchanges or a show case of their writing skills and wit. I, on the other hand, need to see that element. For some people, it takes time to come out of their shell. I give them that time. What's the hurry, what's the rush? I have yet to meet people here that didn't want to meet me in person. And, that increases after we've spent considerable time exchanging emails. I use the exchange of emails to weed people out not as a medium to ask them to meet for coffee. Meeting in person for dates is a waste of time to me if I don't know with 99% certainty that we'll end up dating. Of course, I'm not the typical rush to sex mindless drone that's commonly seen on POF. I find the mind and the soul much sexier than anything else. Seems like I'm in the minority here. For me, I don't have to exchange any emails to spot a fake profile or people not serious about meeting in person. That's easy and a trivial exercise in pattern recognition.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >