Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Has Immigrants Affected the UK as much as it has in the US?[ CLOSE      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StrangeDreams
Msg: 87
Has Immigrants Affected the UK as much as it has in the US?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

im disappointed that you feel that exploiting workers is a good thing. i do realise that the way we lead our lives means that competetiveness is a factor but i also believe that all men should get a decent wage upon which to live on.
again i go back to my point that unions fought so the working man didnt have to work 12/14 hour shifts a day to just get a livable wage.
If a man wants a decent wage to live on he should acquire the skills necessary to obtain decent wages, Unions for the most part are evil, when something so dark , so sinister so evil that it cannot be contained in hell it manifest it self on earth as a union.

Look , I get when I hear stuff like "Dont they deserve a wage that they can live on? Have a house with a white picket fence, 2 kids and a dog? Have a right to health benefits for him/herself and their children?"

Short answer, No. If a person isn't willing to work hard they should have nothing, Why should an uneducated/unskilled person be granted a chance to earn more than a person with a higher education/skills? Why should the rest of the world have to pay huge amounts for merchandise because union joe is making $40 an hour to put on lug nuts, which drives the price up on american cars and why some folks are buying foreign, Kill American sales and service. That is what the unions are going to end up doing. You can't leverage a huge price without quality. A Dodge ram is not worth $45-$50K or what ever it costs nowadays when I can buy a Toyota for half.

You think the teachers unions is doing the teachers any favors, they are the most underpaid group out there but Joe the Autoworker earns more than your sons teacher, is that fair? Labour Unions are the worst, the Electrical,Plumbers,Carpenters etc should ban together and kick the shit of the union leaders and then go into the market and let the market dictate their wages, they would find they probably will earn more because these " skilled" labourers are in great demand.
 StrangeDreams
Msg: 88
Has Immigrants Affected the UK as much as it has in the US?
Posted: 2/7/2013 12:33:03 PM

Without Unions you would go back to industrial revolotion days or like china. no safety, child labour.
Gee , I thought it was the labour laws that prevented child labour and safety issues? damn it was the Unions? God Bless the unions , praise Gawdddd for the Unions hallelujah.

Yeah okay want to try that one again?
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/7/2013 1:52:51 PM

Gee , I thought it was the labour laws that prevented child labour and safety issues? damn it was the Unions? God Bless the unions , praise Gawdddd for the Unions hallelujah.

The only reason those laws exist in the western world is because of the unions and workplace reformers.

Go to the third world to see how people struggle to live where the free market is unshackled, where there is no social responsibility accepted by corporations.
 StrangeDreams
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/7/2013 2:25:01 PM
Unions had their place in the beginning of the industrial revolution but all good things must come to the end, they are now outdated and a burden on society , you liberals think the unions are on your side fighting for the average citizen, what a bunch of suckers, No wonder the Mob loved unions.

You want me to go to a third world country where the free market is unshackled, I love for you to name which third world country has unshackled free markets?
 _babblefish
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/7/2013 3:04:29 PM

immigration has affected all 1st world countries, as stated in previous posts, i've met many and their English is
much better than yours as well as less narrow thinking. .

In fact, there was a strong movement in the US after the war of independence (late 1700's) to replace English with German as the primary language. The fore-fathers were so disgusted with the Brits that they didn't even want to speak the language anymore They knew that German was a more intricate and elaborate language but also more complex to learn. English won out just by 1 vote!

^ dewd, do your homework, i suggest with a linguist, it's dependant on your native language as to how
it can be easier to learn, ie; Scandinavians find it less troublesome to learn English than German
 Soul Union
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/7/2013 4:15:27 PM
^ dewd, do your homework, i suggest with a linguist, it's dependant on your native language as to how
it can be easier to learn, ie; Scandinavians find it less troublesome to learn English than German --- babblefish

I read on the front page of the Daily Express today in the supermarket while waiting in the queue, giant letters, making it clear for even the dim-witted amongst us:

"FOUR MILLION IMMIGRANTS IN BRITAIN REFUSE TO LEARN ENGLISH."

I guess they've got it wrong.

- Peter
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/7/2013 4:27:41 PM

I read on the front page of the Daily Express today in the supermarket while waiting in the queue, giant letters, making it clear for even the dim-witted amongst us:

"FOUR MILLION IMMIGRANTS IN BRITAIN REFUSE TO LEARN ENGLISH."

I guess they've got it wrong.
Yes because the Daily Mail would never pick polarizing topic and just put some unverifiable statement for a headline to sell newspapers, no that would never happen.

Hook Line and Sinker.
 Soul Union
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:29:30 PM
Allow me to provide a few facts for the viewers.

A Pew study in 2011 found that Muslims are more ‘phobic’ of non-Muslims than non-Muslims are ‘Islamophobic’ of Muslims.

Forty per cent of Indonesian Muslims say they would use violence against those blaspheming Islam.

A 2009 Gallup survey could not find a single UK Muslim who approved of homosexuality.

Twenty-five per cent of UK mosques have extremist literature calling for the beheading of lapsed Muslims.

Almost 80 percent (3 out of every 4) of US mosques preach anti-West extremism.

Practising Muslims recite anti-Semitic and anti-Christian rhetoric at least 17 times a day, and over 5,000 times a year.

A poll of 27 countries found that Western Muslims remain faithful to countries of origin (France 80%, UK 82%, and Germany 71%).

More than 95% of all suicide bombing attacks conducted worldwide are carried out by Muslims.

The religion of peace?

Let us not allow the facts to get in the way of a nice, comforting, politically correct 'polarising' theory. We mustn't polarise, must we? That would never do.

How the mighty are laughing at us from behind the curtains of their empires, observing the seething masses crawling about like ants, suffering at the hands of our enemies, while they foment the increasing conflict with their control mechanisms, like 'racism.' We are merely pawns in their game, a game which is coming to a head.

- Peter
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell
 LennyPane
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:42:36 PM
^^ How about muslims wanting to build a mosque right by ground zero where the twin towers were brought down by muslims. It's bullshit. Whoops, not supposed to say that. Gotta be politically correct and fear being labeled a... wait for it, racist!
 StrangeDreams
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/7/2013 6:05:10 PM
You know Soul Union It doesn't take a blind man to see the hatred you have of Muslim
perhaps a little facts for you

Gallop polls? please... spare me I can find a gallop poll that surveyed men jerking off after midnight produces more more vitamin C than orange juice, doesn't mean Im going to believe it.

Sunni and Shiites are different, most extremists are from the Sunni side the side that makes the news for the wrong reason,you know Al Qaeda the radical Sunni Muslim movement that is involved with global terror and one of their famous or shall I say Infamous followers
Hassan-i Sabbah , a Sunni radical back in the 11th century that created a secret order of killers used to kill other Muslims ( Shiites) which is where the term " assassin" comes from .

90% of the Muslim world is Shiite and doesn't ascribe the radical Sunni movement of global terror( not all Sunnis are extremist) , but that is what you're focusing on, much like the KKK calling themselves Christians and distorting the bible for their own twisted view

Now before you call me a political correct or some left wing nut, I'm not, I'm a capitalist loving right wing, dont care for big government, religion etc.

So when you say 95% of the suicide bombers are carried out by Muslim, you need to know the difference in the Islam religion, education isn't a bad thing.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/7/2013 6:12:22 PM
I'm curious about some of these statements but I'm not sure what they are telling me, as they are, if anything.

A Pew study in 2011 found that Muslims are more ‘phobic’ of non-Muslims than non-Muslims are ‘Islamophobic’ of Muslims.Obviously in such a poll, it's impossible that they studied all Muslims ans all non-Muslims, because I know they didn't come and chat to me, so can you provide more information about the control group that this study was based on?
How many people did they study?
Which countries were they from?
Are their life experiences comparable because of course that will affect view?
Or where they from one small geographical area?
Were these Muslims and non-Muslims living in American? Or spread across the World?

Forty per cent of Indonesian Muslims say they would use violence against those blaspheming Islam.Forty percent of nothing, is nothing. So 40% as a figure without an understanding of the total isn't very informative.
How many Indonesian Muslims are there and how many did they speak to in order to extrapolate this percentage from?

A 2009 Gallup survey could not find a single UK Muslim who approved of homosexuality.That will be because it's in direct conflict with the Qur'an. How many fundamentalist Christians approve of homosexuality?

Twenty-five per cent of UK mosques have extremist literature calling for the beheading of lapsed Muslims.How many mosques are in the UK? And by extremist literature, in my opinion that could be the Qur'an! How many UK churches have extremist literature more commonly referred to as the Bible?

Almost 80 percent (3 out of every 4) of US mosques preach anti-West extremismThat will be because Western culture is in direct conflict with their religious belief. You don't really expect people who for generations have lived their whole lives following their religious manual, are going to suddenly abandon their core beliefs to you? If you moved to a new country do you leave your core belief system at the airport gates as you clear customs?

Practicing Muslims recite anti-Semitic and anti-Christian rhetoric at least 17 times a day, and over 5,000 times a year. Muslims are called to prayer several times a day. This isn't news. Any area which has a mosque will hear the call for prayer echoed through the streets for several minutes before hand. You point with this statement is?

A poll of 27 countries found that Western Muslims remain faithful to countries of origin (France 80%, UK 82%, and Germany 71%).News flash for you - Any individual that moves countries has a level of loyalty to their home country. Italians living in the UK, Canada, US all still refer to Italy as home, even into the second and third generations of a new country. The same is true for most individuals.

More than 95% of all suicide bombing attacks conducted worldwide are carried out by Muslims.Because this has proven to be effective. Terrorists use the most effective means of terror. Widespread fear on the potential of what might happen. The IRA used bombs too, as that was the most effective way they had. Strictly speaking, you could accredit that form of terror to one religion too.

The religion of peace?I know this is referred to as the religion of peace but really, despite all the preaching of most religions for acceptance and peace, I can't think of one single religion where the true followers have consistently acted peacefully can you ? - Oh wait, Hare Krishna monks. I can't think of an instance where they have acted in violence but it's a new-ish religion compared to many.

Let us not allow the facts to get in the way of a nice, comforting, politically correct 'polarising' theory. Oh no, we mustn't polarise.Right back at ya.
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 6:52:53 PM
Here's a good one from the non extremists....the Islamic Sharia Council of Great Britain publishes their fatwas for everybody to see just how crazy Islam and their 85 sharia courts have become in GB. I really like this question and the following ruling...

Question: what is the ruling regarding a couple where the wife had suffered abuse in childhood and due to that she refuses to respond to her husbands sexual needs. The husband himself has recently been effected by some bad thoughts relating to the abuse. He has several kids from her. How long can the husband put up with that and for how long can he stay with her?

Here's part of the answer from the religion of peace...

The angles' curse will befall every woman who is rebellious and disobedient; this does not excludes those who are too slow and reluctant to respond to their husbands. Marriage in Islam is intended to protect the chastity of men and women alike, therefore it is the woman's duty to respond to her husband's requests for conjugal relations. She should not give silly excuses and try to avoid it.

So, silly women, quite blaming emotional nonsense and put out for your men or Allah will be pissed. Seriously....how does anyone have even a shred of respect for this or any other religion?

My QUESTION: Is the UK having the same problem there, and if so-What is your Governement trying to do about it-If anything?

In Canada the government scrapped any and all religiously affiliated "arbitration", courts, tribunals and other such nonsense. No jewish courts, no catholic/christian courts, no sharia courts. Seems like something GB should consider.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Has Immigrants Affected the UK as much as it has in the US?[ CLOSED FOR REVIEW]