Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > so , I have this question all the time , why so many senior guys look      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Proteaus
Msg: 76
so , I have this question all the time , why so many senior guys looking for younger Chinese laides Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
To msg 54 . You are right men should still have honor and honesty , but as you stated men are no longer needed to provide for, or protect women .The disposable male is a byproduct of the feminist movement . But while at the same time the feminist movement has destroyed the traditional family (also known as the nuclear age family) , it has also freed men from the shackles of bondage to the nuclear age family . All I can say is thank you feminist movement . Now that women make 8% more than men and the educational scales are tipped heavily on the women's side at all levels of education . With the new no-fault divorce courts cleaning out man after man . You women finally got what you wanted .The trivialization of men. Unfortunately western civilization is based on the nuclear age family ,will western civilization survive , only time will tell.
 Bogie_Bacall474
Msg: 77
so , I have this question all the time , why so many senior guys looking for younger Chinese laides
Posted: 2/8/2013 6:00:23 PM
There sure is a lot of boo hooing and poor little me going on here. "The trivialization of men", geez. It takes two to divorce, both genders don't put up with the shit they put up with in the 50's - if a man/woman cheats...dump them. The same applies to abusers, drug addicts, alcoholics and the just plain nasty. Both genders lose in divorce, no one comes out unscathed. So, you divorced, now you blame your partner and the other gender in general. You feel sorry for yourself so you go looking for a woman from another country. The thing is, she's looking for a meal ticket and a plane ticket out of poverty and wants to live in the land of plenty. What she will get is a bitter man who can't handle a woman from his own country cause they're all like his ex wife. Thing is, he's looking for a change but is unwilling to change himself. Again, there is a reason he's divorced in the first place, and half the reason is his own doing.

I like North American men. I want someone to walk beside me, to be honourable, honest, have my back, be my confidant and lover. We should provide for each other and protect each other. I want to share the cooking and everything else. I'll do the laundry if you kill the spiders. We NEED each other. I won't trivialize you if you don't trivialize me. And I think most women want this is their lives. They don't want a boss nor do they want to be the boss. They want a true partnership full of love and mutual respect. BUT, if you want little 20 year old May Ling from Thailand to make you "feel" like a man, have at it....I don't want you that bad cause you're not man enough for me.
 vibrantshe
Msg: 78
 whatagirlwants12
Msg: 79
so , I have this question all the time , why so many senior guys looking for younger Chinese laides
Posted: 2/9/2013 6:03:37 AM
Yeah, what she said (Bogie_Bacall474 )

I don't need a master but a man who conveys Honesty,The, ability to protect,Sense of humor,Intelligence,Loyalty,Chivalry,Manners ,hygiene and Respect of space.
A partner who appreciates my contribution to the union....seems to me it would be a huge stress off men's shoulders to not have to be the sole provider these days..
Problem is women expect these things these days unlike the past all you needed was a job so you were a good provider.

These "Good Old Days" were not destined to last, as the two genders were working at cross-purposes. Men returned home from the war to resume the way life used to be, whereas women had begun to learn how things could be. Women sought their own independence and autonomy in the workplace, which threatened the men who needed jobs to support their families. Even Dr. Spock got involved to put societal pressure on the duty of the wife to fulfill her idealized role as the happy homemaker. Women felt bound by the expectations to wed early and have many children, but by the end of the decade were liberated by the availability of the birth control pill. This took the choice to procreate away from the male head of the family, ultimately putting the power between the sexes on a more level playing field.
 ForumsCreeper
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2013 9:44:12 PM
Whiskey River, my guess is it is an article written by a woman? Be honest now. :)

Rule 1) Never put stock into anything written, telling you how to be, whats wrong with you and how you should feel , or act if its written by the other gender.

It is then just a personal perception that they have on how you should be.

This applies to both genders. Think about it.
 ForumsCreeper
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2013 9:49:27 PM
Whatagirl- haha, I dont WANT to see the other side, Im sure its not pretty, ewww.
But in general, people let themselves go. I dont even want to start THAT conversation.

I in no way said or mentioned that feeling masculine by oppressing women. Not sure where you read that into what i said. (shrug)
Express your opinions- Im more than happy to read them.
 Proteaus
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/10/2013 6:16:16 AM
to msg 78 . To divorce , umm women are initiating over 70% of the divorces , not because they are being mistreated or being cheated on or because their spouse is a bad provider or father or husband . But merely because they are tired of him and want a different man . In this day of no fault divorce courts , women can cash in when they initiate a divorce like never before . Cleaning out their soon to be ex husband . I love it when some one starts talking with no facts what so ever .Typical of feminists , they seldom use facts . Main problem in the west is women are acting like they are the men .Hate to tell you this but the only relationships where men are with men are not what most the men here are looking for . Then the women wonder why so many american men are looking over seas for relationship materiel .
 ForumFiona
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/10/2013 8:03:35 AM
I feel for my American Sisters getting bashed here just because they were born in a country that offers equal opportunity for everyone no matter your race, creed, color, gender, etc. etc. And the poster(s) that suggest punishment via some form of violence are fucking pathetic. These forums obviously have a shortage of mods as this thread indicates...

Come to Canada Sisters, you will not find crying boys blaming feminism for anything. Women are encouraged to enter the trades and many do - from class 1 drivers to farmers, oilfield to construction, no problems. No crying from the men here about wanting foreign women.

If guys want foreign brides then they should go marry and live in her country. And try not to let the door of their own country hit their sad ass on the way out.
 rob4320
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/10/2013 8:41:43 AM
If these older men cant find what they want in white women, why not Asian?
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/10/2013 8:44:14 AM

You tell em annie. *thumbs up*......

Loved your profile btw...good read :)

I like North American men. I want someone to walk beside me, to be honourable, honest, have my back, be my confidant and lover. We should provide for each other and protect each other. I want to share the cooking and everything else. I'll do the laundry if you kill the spiders. We NEED each other. I won't trivialize you if you don't trivialize me. And I think most women want this is their lives. They don't want a boss nor do they want to be the boss. They want a true partnership full of love and mutual respect.

The whole post was great actually but the last paragraph sums it up for me, that's what I WANT, that's what I NEED in my life.

...mae
 vibrantshe
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/10/2013 9:26:15 AM
to msg 78 . To divorce , umm women are initiating over 70% of the divorces , not because they are being mistreated or being cheated on or because their spouse is a bad provider or father or husband . But merely because they are tired of him and want a different man . In this day of no fault divorce courts , women can cash in when they initiate a divorce like never before . Cleaning out their soon to be ex husband . I love it when some one starts talking with no facts what so ever .Typical of feminists , they seldom use facts . Main problem in the west is women are acting like they are the men .Hate to tell you this but the only relationships where men are with men are not what most the men here are looking for . Then the women wonder why so many american men are looking over seas for relationship materiel .
________________________________________________________________________________

Can you please show us exactly where you got this static of women imitating 70% of divorces without a reason other than wanting another husband and not talk out your ass.

No-one is “cashing in” on a divorce. I partner with several divorce attorneys here in LA helping their clients establish their own insurance so I have a great deal of professional experiance. A divorce is an extremely stressful and unpleasant process regardless of who initiated it. In most states (I think only in NY is not but soon will be) the marital assets are divided 50/50.

Interesting that you accuse Feminist of not using facts when you when you don’t seem to hold yourself to the same standard. But perhaps being a man,you feel entitled not to have to.

The main problem with you (I would not say Western Men because “thank G-d” they don’t all think like you). Check it out, women are allowed to feel and think anything they want. And check it out, lots of men dig women who speak their minds and make their own money.

(Also, please clarify what exactly you mean by “act like they are men”???).

And yes, we women, do wonder why a grown man would not want an equal partner in a relationship because I can say that is what most if not all the women I know personally are looking for.

FYI – America is spelled with a capital.
 Rapunzel1964
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/10/2013 10:56:24 AM
Normally women not from western cultures tend to treat their men allot better and with more respect that women from western cultures. Women from western cultures tend to have a real bad case of entitlement (feeling they are entitled to everything ) . Once a non western culture woman is americanized Then they will have the same sense of entitlement that western women have .

^^^ It's attitudes like that, that make me want to find an Asian man.

Proteus, so many of your posts are bitter, and misogynistic. If American women are so awful, why are you here? Why no got to cherryblossoms.com

I have a male relative, ( late 40s, white) who married a beautiful young Asian woman. He is so controlling and just treats her badly. At a family wedding, he chastised her in front of everyone for drinking a small glass of wine. Anyone can see he views her as his personal property- and that she is miserable.
He, too, often makes negative statements about the "damage" that modern American womebn have done to the U.S. He is a ridiculous, small minded, hateful little man.

I like North American men. I want someone to walk beside me, to be honourable, honest, have my back, be my confidant and lover. We should provide for each other and protect each other. I want to share the cooking and everything else. I'll do the laundry if you kill the spiders. We NEED each other. I won't trivialize you if you don't trivialize me. And I think most women want this is their lives. They don't want a boss nor do they want to be the boss. They want a true partnership full of love and mutual respect. BUT, if you want little 20 year old May Ling from Thailand to make you "feel" like a man, have at it....I don't want you that bad cause you're not man enough for me.

Wonderful statement.
 vibrantshe
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/10/2013 11:07:58 AM
What exactly are American women not entitled to have, that they think they are entitled to have??? And are American men entitled to have something that American women are not entitled to have?

If you are will to explain this to us American women then maybe will understand what it is that we are not entitled to and you will want to be with us.

Just wondering.
 timeforall
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/10/2013 11:26:06 AM
Vibrant, it is a fact that far more women initiate divorces than men. They are unhappy for years, marriage did not meet their expectations, so sooner or later they finally opt for the divorce. Why were they unahppy? Because they imagined the perfect little married life where they would be the princess and would live happily ever after. And then reality hit them in the eyes. Men are unhappy too, but they are more likely to believe in their duty, honor and commitment, so they aren't as quick to cut and run.

This is no secret. Why does this happen, because too many people, primarily women, marry people they don't love. And why do they marry men they don't love? Because they convince themselves they love a man because of what he might bring to the table, whether it be a solid financial future, security, position in the community, etc. that will benefit her and her future children. As time goes by, of course, she realizes this is not enough.

Interesting statistic. Female lawyers are far more likely to be divorced than the general population of women. That's because these oftentimes overachievers could never marry just any guy, but they have to marry the highly successful guy. What's love got to do with it?
 vibrantshe
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/10/2013 11:53:36 AM
Vibrant, it is a fact that far more women initiate divorces than men. They are unhappy for years, marriage did not meet their expectations, so sooner or later they finally opt for the divorce. Why were they unahppy? Because they imagined the perfect little married life where they would be the princess and would live happily ever after. And then reality hit them in the eyes. Men are unhappy too, but they are more likely to believe in their duty, honor and commitment, so they aren't as quick to cut and run.

This is no secret. Why does this happen, because too many people, primarily women, marry people they don't love. And why do they marry men they don't love? Because they convince themselves they love a man because of what he might bring to the table, whether it be a solid financial future, security, position in the community, etc. that will benefit her and her future children. As time goes by, of course, she realizes this is not enough.

Interesting statistic. Female lawyers are far more likely to be divorced than the general population of women. That's because these oftentimes overachievers could never marry just any guy, but they have to marry the highly successful guy. What's love got to do with it?

Glad you cleared that up for me. I guess all those divorce attorneys I work with (not sure where you get that they are women), don’t know what they are talking about. And that you know exactly why women divorce their husbands. Since you claim that it is not a secret, can you please direct me to where you get this information??? I would really like to know.
Your profile doesn’t say anything personal about yourself. You don’t even state your occupation. It does say that you are divorced. I’m guessing you see your ex-wife as an entitled princess.
Just because you say something, doesn’t make it true.
 timeforall
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/10/2013 12:14:00 PM
^^^^Of course divorce lawyers don't know why people are getting divorced. They are not psychologists or social workers. All they know is what people complain and whine to them about, and they hopefully know the law regarding divorces. They also learn pretty early on that being a divorce lawyer is probably the worst legal field to be in because people are so vicious to each other when they are getting divorced. But you know who make the best divorce lawyers? Mean . . . nasty female attorneys. That's who I would seek out if I were seeking a divorce.

I didn't say divorce attorney are all women . . . learn to read and comprehend. Pretty important skill if you are working in the law. I said that "women lawyers" are more likely to be divorced than the general female population.

As for my source, years of reading various magazines, Psychology Today, etc., and various studies. I have little doubt if you put in the effort you would come up with the same results. Just try Google.

I don't see my "ex-wife" as an entitled princess. I see many women as entitled princesses. Their attitudes and demands have made many women unhappy with their own lives. They blame it on guys of course, without wanting to put the blame where it belongs, on themselves, but I guess t hat is not all that surprising. And as I have said elsewhere on these threads, the feminist movement has caused many, many women to be unhappy.
 DragonBits
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/10/2013 12:29:27 PM

Interesting statistic. Female lawyers are far more likely to be divorced than the general population of women.

Divoce rate by occupation, not surprizingly, Massage therapists, bartenders and Dancers & choreographers are the three occupations with the highest divorce rates. Lawyers aren't in the top 15 occupations, but roofers are. IDK, maybe it's the heat on those roofs.

http://www.businessinsider.com/highest-divorce-rates-by-profession-2010-9#2-bartenders-3843-divorce-rate-14

Of course we have all heard that psychiatrists and physician have one of the highest suicide rates.
 vibrantshe
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/10/2013 12:34:47 PM
^^^^Of course divorce lawyers don't know why people are getting divorced. They are not psychologists or social workers. All they know is what people complain and whine to them about, and they hopefully know the law regarding divorces. They also learn pretty early on that being a divorce lawyer is probably the worst legal field to be in because people are so vicious to each other when they are getting divorced. But you know who make the best divorce lawyers? Mean . . . nasty female attorneys. That's who I would seek out if I were seeking a divorce.

I didn't say divorce attorney are all women . . . learn to read and comprehend. Pretty important skill if you are working in the law. I said that "women lawyers" are more likely to be divorced than the general female population.

As for my source, years of reading various magazines, Psychology Today, etc., and various studies. I have little doubt if you put in the effort you would come up with the same results. Just try Google.

I don't see my "ex-wife" as an entitled princess. I see many women as entitled princesses. Their attitudes and demands have made many women unhappy with their own lives. They blame it on guys of course, without wanting to put the blame where it belongs, on themselves, but I guess that is not all that surprising. And as I have said elsewhere on these threads, the feminist movement has caused many, many women to be unhappy.u
Cool!!! You were in on all the conversations with our clients who told us why they were seeking divorce during their depositions and you read Psychology Today so you know. I didn’t read those articles in Psychology Today, but I’m pretty sure it didn’t say women leave their marriages because they are entitled princesses.

I will say the same to you – You should to learn to read and comprehend… I don’t work in the legal field and I never said I did.

So the Feminist movement is to blame. Got it.
 timeforall
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/10/2013 12:53:37 PM

clients who told us why they were seeking divorce during their depositions

LOL. You think people tell the truth in depositions when it comes to their own self interests, and you think women will tell you the truth why they want to divorce their husband, especially if they are fighting for custody or marital assets. Can you spell FOOL? Besides, why is it relevant in most States, with no-fault divorces, why a woman wants to divorce her husband?

I don’t work in the legal field and I never said I did.

Then why the heck do you claim to sit on in depositions. What gives an "insurance agent" the right to do so? Your role as an agent is to SELL INSURANCE, and hopefully know something about the product you are selling (it is shocking oftentimes how little agents actually know about their own products)

Why as an insurance agent are you holding yourself as some sort of expert on why women divorce their husbands, and why are claiming to work with divorce attorneys. You just making stuff up as you go along? Have you ever read extensively in this area so that you might have some idea of what you are talking about, or is your game simply to challenge anybody who offers an opinion for their source because you are too lazy to look it up yourself?
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2013 2:32:07 PM

LOL. You think people tell the truth in depositions when it comes to their own self interests, and you think women will tell you the truth why they want to divorce their husband, especially if they are fighting for custody or marital assets. Can you spell FOOL? ...

I can certainly spell FOOL and I can also assure you than anyone who doesn't tell the truth in a sworn or attested to deposition is truly the FOOL. Lying in a sworn or attested deposition constitutes perjury.

I worked in the legal field with divorce, family and custody lawyers for many years. In most cases in North America, neither party is "taken to the cleaners" by the other party. This is a myth....a fallacy. This area of law has evolved to the extent that most marriages are dissolved on a basis that is equal to both parties. What I did observe was there were some men who objected to paying his share or any child maintenance at all for those children he sired within that marriage.

From my experience working in the field, it has not been my observation that 70% of the women initiate divorce proceedings. If anything, I think that figure might be high at 50% and not for the reasons the wife got tired of the husband. It was more likely the husband who got tired of the wife and stepped outside of the marriage to create a new relationship and new family for himself. I dunno. Just my observations from spending some time working in that field that women mourn and men replace.
 timeforall
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/10/2013 4:07:09 PM
Lol. People don't lie in depos? You're right, you couldn't possibly have any experience in the litigation arena to say something so incredibly naive. As for who usually initiates divorce, these are not secret statistics. Look them up. As for guys being with other women, if their wives were not such narcissistic baitces, they would be far less likely to stray.
 ForumFiona
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/10/2013 5:04:14 PM
Thank you beautiful *mae flowers* for the comments, and again my condolences for the terrible comments made against American Women here in this thread...

I cannot imagine why all these happy women are initiating divorce, must be because they all have happy husbands?

According to http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/articles/marriage-and-divorce:
Reasons for the rise in the divorce rate, a phenomenon that has occurred in virtually all industrialized countries, are not entirely clear, but contributing factors probably include longer life expectancies, which increase the possibility of differences in the individual development of wives and husbands; the greater labour force participation of women and improved social security, which has meant that wives are less economically dependent on their husbands than in the past; the lessening of religious and social sanctions against divorce; and the movement towards a more individualistically oriented ethic that stresses self-actualization over maintenance of the family unit. All of these factors suggest that an increased divorce rate may be an indication that expectations about the quality of marriage have risen and that many people prefer a divorce to an unhappy marriage.

And why hasn't anyone mentioned how Americanized China actually is? From what I understand, it is very similar there to America except for the language. However many there speak english.
 Proteaus
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/10/2013 7:41:55 PM
To msg 87 . Umm all you have to do is a search for any stats you are looking for . The stats you find will back up what I said . Yes women are cashing in on divorce like never before , main reason men under 30 aren't viewing marriage as a viable option any more . Because they saw their fathers get cleaned out , or know some one who got gutted in divorce court . Also I see you typing an awful lot of stuff with no facts ,what so ever to back anything up . Typical feminist almost never use any facts. But to get back to the opp post , Just look how viscous all the women are reacting to men wanting Asian women .
 Rapunzel1964
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/10/2013 10:25:24 PM
For richer or poorer: Why divorce makes men wealthier - but women are left worse off

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1127333/For-richer-poorer-Why-divorce-makes-men-wealthier--women-left-worse-off.html#ixzz2KZLpsJOo

http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v72n1/v72n1p11.html
 Proteaus
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/11/2013 7:10:29 AM
to msg 100 . If the ex wife gets the kids, house, and a good portion of the man's income for up to 20+ years . Please do tell me how that enriches the man . Every man I know that has gone through divorce basically lost every thing they had , a very enriching experience . I take it that book was written by a feminist for feminist's .Which means they put whatever facts they make up just like certain news channels .Only time a man might become richer is when all the years of paying finally stops .But the no fault divorce laws make sure the man keeps paying for as long as possible. Maby that's the way it is in the UK but here in America it's a whole different ball game .
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > so , I have this question all the time , why so many senior guys looking for younger Chinese laides