Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IsisSigurRos13
Msg: 30
Common 'run for the hills' lines you hearPage 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I hate listening to the stories of the person getting cheated on. I learned that I got friend zoned just for listening to that crap which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Thankfully I choose my matches carefully as Minnesota increasingly becoming dominated by white single moms
 aussieblues
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Common 'run for the hills' lines you hear
Posted: 2/2/2013 4:16:38 PM
"I live with my mother"
 LathaMath
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/2/2013 4:40:49 PM

there should be an edit option
There is. For about 15 min after you post there is a button under your profile photo beside the post which says "Edit Post". Click on that. You can see where people use it to build up multiple cut-and-paste quotes.

No run for the hills line. Don't leave verbal openings. Just run.
 venusenvy777
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/2/2013 4:43:20 PM
He still has a hate on for his ex or women in general..
His life seems to revolve around the pub...
He keeps sneaking to check his phone...Although the same would apply to women as well Im sure...
 TyrantofTyranny
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/2/2013 5:01:04 PM
Honestly I've never done this before! choke gag....
Of course I'll wait until she's done and used the mouthwash in my glovebox....kiss her goodnight..then I'll peel out.
 EnigmaticDalton
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/2/2013 5:21:08 PM
Treating compliments as a bad thing...
Maybe you just prefer negs instead.

Women who shame men for wanting sex.

All that B.S. is just clearing the path to sex

Almost every guy wants sex, everyone knows this... however that does not mean that is ALL they want, unless of course that is ALL you have to offer.

As far as men losing interest, if you act like a snob and make the guy feel bad for giving you a compliment then why the fvck would he keep interest? why not try complimenting him back?

Also women who talk about men as though they are evil for wanting to have sex with you. Last I checked women want sex just as much as men if not more...

And as was mentioned people who complain about cheaters, yes they exist, yes they are scum, we don't want to hear you constantly b!tch about someone who is no longer a part of your life. (even though you can't stop talking about them)
 Single_Dad_Dave
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/2/2013 6:49:30 PM
Question - I see on here a lot about not being divorced / still being legally married as a big bugaboo. Within 45 days of separation, we went to Court and had a Separation Agreement approved by the Court dividing property (the house, bank accounts, cars...) custody, visitation, child support and insurance. But, I live in the South in a socially backwards State that requires a one year separation before the actual divorce. I could have filed under adultery, but since everything was all worked out, didn't want to be vindictive and waited a few extra months.

I'm officially divorced now. But when I did start dating, I considered myself divorced before the waiting period was up because we had gone to Court and divvied everything up, had a Court Order and there was nothing left to fight about or argue over. I always let the person know that I still was sitting out the clock on the waiting period, but for those that are against 'men that are married' and waiting for the divorce to be finalized, would that be sufficient? I did wait 6 months before dating.
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2013 6:50:34 PM

4.Starts noticing your negative traits.

in my books..there is no recovery from here lol.
 minervyx
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/2/2013 7:02:39 PM
anything about her ex-boyfriend
 waterbaby1962
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/2/2013 7:19:21 PM
How about we just signed the divorce paper's yesterday...
 waterbaby1962
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/2/2013 7:20:29 PM
How about we just signed the divorce paper's yesterday or my mother isn't ready to hear I am in a relationship
 ImReadyForUnow
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/2/2013 7:24:10 PM
I live in LA so the following are a local things.

"I work as or I'm a wanna be (one the following) a screen writer, comedian, actor, musician or producer."
"I have a screen play or book I would love you to read."
"I play guitar and write my own songs." The over 45 crowd.

Brit
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/2/2013 7:56:42 PM
You are so good looking?
You drive a Ferrari?
You drive a Bentley?
Is that a Rolex?
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/2/2013 7:59:25 PM

Posted By: Single_Dad_Dave on 2/2/2013 830 PM
Subject: Common 'run for the hills' lines you hear
Message: Question - I see on here a lot about not being divorced / still being legally married as a big bugaboo. Within 45 days of separation, we went to Court and had a Separation Agreement approved by the Court dividing property (the house, bank accounts, cars...) custody, visitation, child support and insurance. But, I live in the South in a socially backwards State that requires a one year separation before the actual divorce. I could have filed under adultery, but since everything was all worked out, didn't want to be vindictive and waited a few extra months.

I'm officially divorced now. But when I did start dating, I considered myself divorced before the waiting period was up because we had gone to Court and divvied everything up, had a Court Order and there was nothing left to fight about or argue over. I always let the person know that I still was sitting out the clock on the waiting period, but for those that are against 'men that are married' and waiting for the divorce to be finalized, would that be sufficient? I did wait 6 months before dating.

Some people will date a man/woman who is only separated, not divorced. Others will not. Until a divorce is finalized, you are still married even if legally separated, and some people want nothing to do wit that.

Obviously, if you were dating 6 mo after your separation was legalized, there are women willing to date separated men. Is that "ok?" Depends on whom you ask.
 Maleman999
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/2/2013 8:15:30 PM
"My ex is my best friend. We hang out together all the time. We just can't manage to live with each other." Actually happened.
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/2/2013 8:22:17 PM
Sorry about that (I just farted).
 tharrison999
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/3/2013 7:25:27 AM
I read this this morning from my favorite columnist, Steven Kalas, that is relevant to this discussion.
Or how about the divorcing and divorced people still fighting and vilifying? Here's a cosmic truth: Hatred and enmity are bonding events. They are a great intimacy. Or, as I often say, the only couples who need to sometimes fight and argue are couples working to build a healthy and thriving marriage. You decided to divorce. So why are you arguing?
the full post is here: http://www.lvrj.com/living/marriages-forge-bonds-divorces-dissolve-them-both-evolve-189554881.html
 windchymes
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2013 9:15:29 AM
"Want to help me put on my ointment?"

"Mind if we make a stop before dinner? I have to bail Mom out again."

"Dang, missed!" (After swerving towards a small animal in the road.)

"Want a beer? Right behind my seat, I left one for ya! Just throw those ones under your feet in the back"
 Shay.Spear
Msg: 50
Handles it
Posted: 2/3/2013 9:32:03 AM
Thank you so much. You made my roomy and I laugh and laugh again and again.
Your amusing one liners were the best remedy for a hangover.
I've got one.

I loved my last three wives, right up and until the moment of their deaths.

Hey, you're pretty.
Do you have life insurance?
 Shay.Spear
Msg: 51
Posted: 2/3/2013 9:46:22 AM
I shave everything, except this one spot on my face. LOL
Not all women are weird. I don't think you make me feel so comfortable is a line.
At least, I did not think it was a line until now.
It is a line?
You make me feel so comfortable?
O M G
Now that I think about it, the last time a date ended up in marriage,
started off with that line.
Sheeze,
LOL
I hope it is not a line.
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 52
Posted: 2/3/2013 10:10:05 AM
"You make me feel so comfortable" is a line if it is spoken too soon--and yes, that can happen. Possible scenario: first meet, you say hello and then do not get a chance to say anything for the next 20 minutes, the last seconds of which are, "Wow, I'm really enjoying this. You make me feel so comfortable." Hasn't happened to me, but I've had tons of things said to me that have had nothing to do with me but reflect the fact that the man in question is so desperate for a relationship that he'd say it to any woman who sat down with him for 15 minutes.

ANYTHING said too soon can come across as creepy. Sometimes it is what is said (like, want to help me with this ointment? Priceless!) but often it is the obvious insincerity of the comment that makes it inappropriate.
 Bookbelle
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Handles it
Posted: 2/3/2013 1:44:14 PM
"I'm not properly over my ex yet."
So why are you out on a date with me?!
 TantricJedi
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/3/2013 1:58:52 PM
'I have a friend you might like'

After a 2nd date...'I have 2 more guys I need to vet yet before I decide to be serious with anyone. I haven't met them yet but I told them I would meet them, but I do like you too. I also want you to know that I don't put a lot of stock in the 3 date rule'. She decided to tell me this after accepting my invite to a third date watching a hockey game (she liked hockey). I told her I bought the tickets and then she drops the third date rule nonsense on me. I think she felt she was the bachelorette....

'I'm wearing $40K in jewelry and I think an engagement ring should cost as least $25K. Also, my daughter's deserve a horse in a barn. Do you expect me to work part time?'

'I still have 6 months left on my Match subscription. I can't just stop using the sight now...'

'You can lay in bed with me but I'm not ready for that yet'. This was the 2nd time she told me that...hmm....

'Should I dress up and bring my wallet?'
 justdeb1111
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/3/2013 2:04:22 PM

I'll take "phrases that make men run for the hills" for $100 Alex....

"I think I'm pregnant, but, I'm pretty sure it is yours."
"Oh, nothing hun---he is just a nobody I used to date"
"My (brother, uncle, Dad, Mom) needs bail money..."
"Wow, you're even the same zodiac sign as my ex!"
"So what is more important, your (car, job, Raider's Game) or ME?"
"Naw, it's just a little rash..."

(Nope, I've never used one of these but I know of ladies who have---then wondered why they needed a bloodhound to find the guy again).
 lobo65
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Handles it
Posted: 2/3/2013 3:13:37 PM
"I'm living with my parents until I move for a job out of state in a few months. Until I'm looking for a guy to spend free time with. Of course he will have to pay for everything since I'm saving all of my money for the move."
"I only eat seafood that is fried." (She looked like a beluga whale)
"I still live in the house with my ex-husband, but we aren't together."
"I know you came all of the way to Ukraine to meet me, and was going to be dependent on me as a translator while here, but I do not feel an interest any more (left me to fend for myself)
"I'm height/weight proportionate" (She sure was, and not in a good way)
"I'm sorry I didn't answer the phone sooner, but I just had my gallbladder removed the other day." (She actually had)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >