Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 N2H20
Msg: 57
Common 'run for the hills' lines you hearPage 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

an lets be honest if you could really track down all the women the guy had been involved with i highly doubt they would be giving praise about what a wonderful person he is/was an im pretty sure atleast 1 of those women would not be an Ex they would still be his woman or now wife..

Perhaps those women frequent or work at the same bar or restaurant you two met at. Yes, I know people who have dated damn near the entire bar.

Things go well, both are having a great time then all of sudden she starts dropping "maybe." ... there's your sign.

She suddenly goes stone cold when another good looking guy walks by ... there's your sign.

"I think you're ready to have kids now. Right now." ... there's your sign.

Conversations come full circle and focus on materialism ... there's your sign.

"My ex and I are really only separated but we live together and we never see each other anyway." ... (what the ...?) and there's you sign.

And the best one I've heard: "If my ex couldn't pay up I'd be screwed financially." ... *poof* gone ...
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 58
Common 'run for the hills' lines you hear
Posted: 2/3/2013 7:35:29 PM

I'm still legally married..

^^^^ that's my favorite one :) and I like when they add "we are still living together for financial reasons".

don't forget the addon line "she is sick so I am helping her through it; so while she's sick I'm being sensitive to her feelings and not letting her see that I am on here.

How about being ACTUALLY sensitive to a sick current wife, and not trolling for dates and relationships behind her back while not living apart, being financially or family separated, and claiming to her face that you are fully there for her, including full on focus?

and then telling the other woman how beautiful she is, how attracted to her you are, and how you are an even better person because you are being so good to your wife while she is in such a tough vulnerable position; even though you initially claimed to not be able to talk at night because you had bad reception unless you drove 30 minutes away and you needed to stay on your current provider for work reasons.
 deere_rancher
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2013 8:27:24 PM
I don't mind waiting on your package to arrive , so someone can sign for it , but I'll need your key

I stay in touch with my ex ,because he's working out some issues

all of my son's friends , love staying here

the light on my dash ,says I have a low tire ..but how do I know which one ..?

I only wear Louis Vuitton shoes !
 Drawesome32
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/3/2013 9:35:44 PM
1: i hate liars and game players (because shes probably a liar and/or game player)
2: i hate cheaters! (same as above)
3: any woman who refers to herself as a princess in any way
4: any woman with a very close male friend, or many male friends.
5: any woman who complains about many of her exes being controlling or emotionally abusive.
6: i have (insert number here) children and they mean the world to me. they come first no matter what.
7: i want a guy who can make me first in his life. (especially when coupled with number 6)
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/3/2013 10:10:51 PM
^^^^Lol, number 6 I see in ALOT of profiles. You also needed to add to that "if anyone hae a problem with my kids being #1 in my life, then move along". Umm trust me honey, we will.
 annywn
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/3/2013 10:15:52 PM
"my ex girlfriend was 'crazy' and always accused me of cheating" bubye
 darkmascara
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/4/2013 5:22:20 AM
Men say:
I have my own car, house, and make my own money. I dont want to boast about how big my house is, but it has 8 bedrooms.
I'm still not over my ex. i love her so much. we had great sex until she cheated on me with my best friend
let's just go with the flow and not think about being in a relationship
I been with this girl for years, moved for her, bought a house, bought her a car, and she still acting immature. see how i go out of my way to be with this girl?
Oh you should drink, i insist on it,.. *put ruphees in my drink*

Both MEN and WOMEN
my children are my everything, they come first in every relationship
I don't want to be tied down right now.
 LathaMath
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/4/2013 1:30:45 PM
I don't think I could live like this.

You could go back to work. Lots of retired men do it.

My friend's husband built his own a workshop and refinishes furniture in his spare time.
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/4/2013 1:55:50 PM
I think internet dating sites are a great way to meet people.
 tallbrowneyedlady
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/4/2013 4:07:11 PM
These are not lines but Red Flags: 1. trying to get me into bed on the 2nd date 2. Saying I think I love you on the 2nd date. 3. Ordering from the children's menu. 4. He can't walk more than five minutes without having to sit. 5. He wears a hat at the dinner table. 6. All of his children are in prison.
 darkmascara
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/4/2013 6:52:49 PM

As a woman, many men have told me their children come first in their lives, i am not to ring or email them when their children are at home, the most important thing is how i fit with their children etc - and i have always totally respected that. I would expect them to expect me to come last.

I respect in all relationships children should come first, but it shouldn't dictate your love life..
 moonchildMN
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/4/2013 7:02:10 PM
Here's another hall of famer:

"I can tell by looking at a woman if she has STD's"
 niceguyga2011
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:03:51 PM
Well those nasty looking lip sores always kinda make me nervous.
 Heart..of..Gold
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:24:36 PM
The one that should have done it for me was."I chased my ex with a knife." I laughed this off until she clawed my face up during a argument.Lesson learned in the future I will run.
 tnt144
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:31:50 PM
Some of those compliments are a little too much for a coffee date.
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:43:41 PM

1: i hate liars and game players (because shes probably a liar and/or game player)
2: i hate cheaters! (same as above)

LOL, this is usually in every profile here, yet they wonder why they cant get a "good man"

3: any woman who refers to herself as a princess in any way

ALOT of women on this site are "entitled princesses", and see nothing wrong with leeching off a man, but if the role was reversed, will go out of their way to tell everyone how they don't like it done to them.

4: any woman with a very close male friend, or many male friends.

Yep......

6: i have (insert number here) children and they mean the world to me. they come first no matter what.

What guy wants to get involved with a woman knowing he'll always be #2/3 0r 4 in their lives?

7: i want a guy who can make me first in his life. (especially when coupled with number 6)

LOL, but won't put that same man #1 in their lives........got it.
 _EmpireOfTheSun
Msg: 76
Posted: 2/5/2013 4:29:01 PM
I prefer men taller than me, I love wearing my heels!

I'm not a short guy, but I can't stand seeing "height requirements" on a profile.

I'm really attracted to brunettes with big boobs, but there's no way I'm stating on my profile, or even telling another woman that in person.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 77
Posted: 2/5/2013 4:40:55 PM
Sunshine33ks- Pushing for too much too fast is the quickest way to get me to bolt.
Others-Constant mention of the ex and/or a laundry list of what was wrong with everyone they were ever with.
My mother/my kid comes first
signs of alcohol/drug abuse
anger issues
man whores
 stillsomewhatfly
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 7:41:07 PM
You post excellent, clearly worded questions...not sure why posters keep pestering you... : (
 CouldBWow
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/5/2013 8:13:10 PM
Worst one I ever heard on a 1st date was:

"I couldn't find a babysitter, mind if we bring my 2 year old along?"

wost. date. ever.
 CouldBWow
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/5/2013 8:16:18 PM

I'm not a short guy, but I can't stand seeing "height requirements" on a profile.

I'm really attracted to brunettes with big boobs, but there's no way I'm stating on my profile, or even telling another woman that in person.

No kidding! Can you imagine the flack we would catch if we did?

And some of these girls are rude about it. "Don't even bother trying to reply if you aren't 6 foot' as if she is some kind of statuesque woman herself? (nope, she was short and dumpy! My how beggars *can* be choosers - online!)
 lipstix64
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/9/2013 10:14:41 AM
Fair Oaks, I think youre right. Dont get me wrong, its nice to hear the compliments about my physical appearance, but it becomes old real fast when you continue to tell me how hot and sexy you think I am. Looking at me like a greasy pork chop on a plate, obviously not paying attention to a word I say, is ridiculous after a while. Im a nice person with a warm heart, too. I went on 2 dates with a guy, hit it off, hes obviously very attracted to me, seemed really excited to see me again, made plans, and then he canceled. I havent heard from him since. Its crazy!!! What do these guys want??? The want the the NEXT BEST THING, thats what!!!
 lipstix64
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/9/2013 10:16:26 AM
We're not saying we want a big penis, so whats the big deal Im 5'5 and would look ridiculous with someone shorter. Its just a preference, like you like brunettes with big boobs!! Besides, all of you lie about your height!!. Its annoying to meet someone you thought was 5"9 and hes actually 5'5!!! Cmon!! Youre cute, btw. lol
 lipstix64
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/9/2013 10:19:11 AM
Dont but that bullshit. Like the movie, He just wasnt that into you. What man gives up someothing thats too much of a connection?? Cmon, you bought that?? No offense. Ife he liked you, hed ask you out. It that simple. Youre a beautiful woman, it doesnt mean everyone is gonna be into you. I deal with that too. We make excuses for men. So did he.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/9/2013 7:59:27 PM

As a woman, many men have told me their children come first in their lives, i am not to ring or email them when their children are at home, the most important thing is how i fit with their children etc - and i have always totally respected that. I would expect them to expect me to come last.

Me too, me too.

I respect in all relationships children should come first, but it shouldn't dictate your love life...

If your love life is newer than your kids are, then obviously, it will dictate your love life by default. Someone's kids will come before you if you're just arriving on the scene. To expect otherwise is a bit unrealistic and self centered.

Says he likes his independence.
Says he likes living alone.

How are these bad?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >