Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 12
She says sex isn't important. What does that mean?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
the validity of another's beliefs, is never important (unless they are holding you hostage as a result).

what is important is:

if it doesn't fit you, then leave. find someone else. you don't need to convince yourself of the validity of their beliefs, when you know your's are valid for you.
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 18
She says sex isn't important. What does that mean?
Posted: 2/4/2013 2:14:56 PM

A woman has told me before that sex isn't that important. She even said she could do without!

It means you would be mad to get into a relationship with her. Be her friend for sure, but don't ever think of coupling-up with her.
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/4/2013 4:18:06 PM
Screwing the mind is the best sex. The rest is awkward at best, unless it's with an Aquarian. We're the experts.
 GJBrown
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/4/2013 5:49:40 PM
maybe she saying she can do without sex while dating. nothing wrong with waiting til marraige
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 7:32:02 AM
Completely_Incomplete When you say " This is where the majority of men fail...they think because one is sexual that's it's a natural indicator that we're 'open to having sex simply to have it'...most are not..."

I think you should replace the word men with boys. A real man will respect a woman jf he expects her to respect him.
 Blanketthenegitive
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/5/2013 9:42:18 AM
Can't believe no-0ne just came straight out with it, that's woman's code word for "You're in the friends zone" And women like that are usually the most active.......
 NYCmasterplumber
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/5/2013 4:15:26 PM
One of my accounts stated she is A sexual I asked her what that meant. She said she is married 23 years and stopped having sex (Her choice) after 3 years of marriage

What brought the subject up is I did a plumbing job (snaked out her bathroom sink full of hair) and told her it was $350 plus tax and she asked if she gave me oral would I take $50 off the bill ...
 sweetest
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 4:56:28 PM
A friend of mine is no longer with a terrific man because of this. Having sex is one way to communicate and share who you are. If someone is able to not be as invested in this part of their life it's often problematic, because while it's not the singular most important thing going on with any one individual---most consider that side of their life a vital component of being healthy and happy.
Posted: 2/5/2013 7:14:21 PM
Here is my advice to you for what its worth, If I ever had a woman tell me that sex isnt important that would be the end of us and its that simple. I need to make love to a woman on a regular basis and please the key word is LOVE not sex and there is a difference.
 mike.s2012
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/5/2013 10:49:04 PM
For me it seems that the more sex I have, the more I want.

So if someone says they "dont like it" or "could go without" it seems to me that they havent had good sex.
 baldguy500
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/6/2013 3:13:07 PM
that means she loves you but you don't please her like baldguy500 would.......
OR it means she's trying to tell you she digs ya with or without sex....which isn't a bad thing!
 OutMind
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/6/2013 7:30:27 PM

Ummm hello...Isnt that we are all here? Cause we are all doing without? I thought thats why we are all here ****in and moanin about it?

Not really. I am here to vent in the forums. I get plenty of sex.
 LoveSong99
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/6/2013 9:36:18 PM
It means that she doesn't want to have sex yet.
 endsdawn
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2013 9:51:32 PM
Pretty much echoing what's been said.

Either she doesn't like sex or she's had a sub-par partner (or partners) and doesn't think sex is any good.
 rob4320
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:27:48 PM
She says "sex isn't important." What does that mean?

RUN !! Shes not into it.
 e6aZy
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2013 4:32:10 AM
This is the first sensible reply I have seen so far. Thank you for your post. Also, so many men think that as soon as they invest in a cup of coffee to meet someone, it gives them the right to explicitly outlay what sexual encounters they have a right to. Not so. These are the selfish types that are not much good other than turn a woman from being straight to ...
 SSBaker13
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/9/2013 5:58:25 AM
I have to say I'm with the majority here. Sex is an important part of an intimate relationship. (Intimacy is not just sex) Sure there are those who can or claim to be able to go without, I personally have never met anyone who's physically or mentally healthy who goes completely without.

As far as a relationship with her would go, you'd have to really sit down and discuss what she means by that. Find out if she means she's not interested in sex with you (sorry, sometimes that's really what it is) or if there might be some physical issue that is causing a lack of sex drive.
Being sexual is just part of human nature.
 Danshi22
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/9/2013 5:05:22 PM
You're not satisfying her..or she is cheating...
 Luthion
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2013 5:13:15 AM
Some people just aren't as sexually driven as others.. It really isn't any more complicated than that.

It doesn't have to mean they've had crappy lovers, or bad experiences, or any other number of psycho-analytical reasons. We're all wired differently, and to some people it just... isn't a big deal.

Sit down and discuss it with her if it concerns you. It always helps to understand where someone is coming from.
 brinaalina
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 10:34:25 AM
It means she probably just doesn't want to have sex with YOU.
Perhaps?

Or some women (and men) just have a REALLY low sex drive.
Or it could be painful for her. A woman with a larger clitoris can have that problem.

Sex is very important to me.
If I'm dating someone, and I don't like having sex with them, it's over.
It's not THE most important part of the relationship, but it's definitely up there.
That's happened before actually. The guy had an abnormally large (and girthy) penis and it was just too too too big and really, really painful.
Poor guy, he really tried.
There were many other reasons for the breakup, but that was part of it.

I need to LOVE having sex with someone if I'm going to be in a relationship with them.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/7/2013 11:59:00 AM
Hmmm she probably never had real good sex before
 Della D
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/7/2013 12:35:26 PM
Not that I've ever heard this from anyone in person, but there are some threads around where someone complains about the lack of interest in sex by their S/O, so I guess it does exists.

So, there might be people out there who are not into it, and as other have pointed out, maybe she just was not into sex with you and wanted to scare you off, smile?
 GarnerGirl71
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 12:44:02 PM
I went almost 4 years without having sex when my marriage went south. Sex with my ex, where it had been incredible for 17 years, was about as appealing as a root canal. Now that I am in a good relationship again, I can't imagine going without. Its more about the emotional connection than the orgasm, even though I have NO issues with orgasms.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 4:30:26 PM

I'm guessing it means she was previously married to Richard Simmons.
 daylilly12
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:20:27 PM
How old is she.. also she may want to get
married first...........
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >