Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you ever look at the Profile of the SAME SEX??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gentleplus
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Do you ever look at the Profile of the SAME SEX??Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
@Outmind.... ditto
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 21
Do you ever look at the Profile of the OPPOSITE SEX??
Posted: 2/4/2013 12:24:15 PM
Of course, to check out people who make interesting, funny or thought provoking comments on the forum.
 Bookbelle
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Do you ever look at the Profile of the OPPOSITE SEX??
Posted: 2/4/2013 12:47:32 PM
Yep. (Only when I'm looking to meet someone though.)
But then, I'm bisexual.
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 23
Do you ever look at the Profile of the SAME SEX??
Posted: 2/4/2013 1:12:45 PM
I do the same, but have found the Opera Mini browser more satisfactory. If you haven't tried it, you might want to check it out.

Thanks for the tip. Just went to the web site and checked it out. Will give it a try.

Edit: Just tried it and like it a lot. I logged on with it to update this post.
 for4rums_loner_here
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/4/2013 1:53:27 PM
No guy ever sent me dicpics. Some chicks did, of theirs, but never a guy.

It's not a guy thing.
 tallbrowneyedlady
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/4/2013 3:39:00 PM
I have, on occasion, just to check out the competition.
 tallbrowneyedlady
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/4/2013 3:39:53 PM
I can't STAND pics of shirtless men. It is so tacky.
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 27
Posted: 2/4/2013 4:31:42 PM
Yep, mostly of other forumites. I can't recall if I've ever just "browsed" the "competition." Maybe, back at the start of all this? If I did, I guess I was either so shocked I can't even remember it, or I just took it in stride. More likely, I just never did it ;-)
 scottey63
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 4:52:48 PM
Only when they say something stupid on the forums. *grin*
 CaptainTeebs
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/4/2013 5:06:20 PM
I see the thumbnails, and I gotta get a closer look...
At the fish they've caught!
Better when a woman "sports a big one" haha
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 5:23:57 PM
having a huge sample of profiles available is like a socialogy study. there's much to be learned about people from the trends that pop out - biases, elements of socialization, expressions of tone, that sort of thing. it's funny, because i want to find guys' profiles more interesting than they are. it just all looks the same when you don't have the genetic impetus, i guess.

i was fascinated to learn the things women tended to find attractive, back in days when profiles listed the number of times someone had been favorited. inferences could be drawn from the number.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 5:29:19 PM
I tend to look at women's and men's profiles in the forums...whether because of a comment or even if a regular forumite posted a new main profile pic. When I first joined, I did a search in my local area to get an idea of the female competition...but didn't have the nerve to click on the profiles.
 melodyof_k
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/4/2013 5:45:34 PM
yes,...I look at most of the regular forum posters and a few others. I look at their photos and I read their profiles.
I have made a few man and female pen pals on here and we often write back and forth to one another.
we even have plans to meet one day.

I have also looked to see the way women my age dress on their photos.
 Be_enchanted
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/4/2013 5:55:46 PM
Guilty of looking at same sex profiles because I was new on here and obtained some good tips from some profiles. Also look at the profile previews of women and see the suggestions given them. Sure, why not?
 Wastrel
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/4/2013 5:55:48 PM
Oh, sure, I'll look at profiles of all genders, to satisfy forum-based curiosity. An intriguing photo, an interesting comment. Like, for people who make disparaging comments about others' grammar -- I want to know if their profile grammar is perfect (usually not). Or when they mock others about body type, I check to see if there are full-body shots in their own profiles (usually not).
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/4/2013 6:36:22 PM
Only when they say something stupid on the forums. *grin

So pretty much every time you read the forums I guess.

I can't STAND pics of shirtless men. It is so tacky

I'm curious whether you think they are any more tacky than the bra and panties or lingerie pics writhing on the bed or the duck face and the peek down the shirt pics taken in the bathroom mirror.
 Skotch
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 6:44:36 PM
Been tempted to create a fake profile so that I can do some "research" but haven't. Well, there was one time I looked at a pre-op transgender. I didn't know it at the time. Hope she found someone more accepting than I.
 daynadaze
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 9:40:01 PM
I look at the profiles of people in the forums, mostly those who ask questions as I like to see where they are coming from, but sometimes there's just something that intrigues me or the little photo by a post is too small to even tell if they are male or female so I'll look. I don't feel any need to state that I'm not gay, lots of women look at my profile, I never assume it's out of any romantic interest, curiosity is why many of us look at profiles, male or female. I also don't usually look to see who's looked at my profile, only when I happen to be bored and then only if I'm looking at my mail. So yeah, when I'm feeling nosy, I look at lots of profiles of both genders. lol

Oh, and since POF insists on showing me pictures of women from my area at the top of the page, instead of pictures of men from my area, sometimes I look at their profiles if I think I might have seen them around town or if something is interesting in the background.
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/4/2013 10:35:11 PM
I might have. Once or twice. It was just a phase.
 bottleguy
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/5/2013 6:59:37 AM
Guys have looked at mine before and it weirds me out so, NO!
 LabradorOokpik
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 6:08:12 PM
Yes. When I first joined POF, I was a little apprehensive because I live in a small town and I wasn't too sure I wanted others to see my profile. I looked at profiles in my area, both males and females, and saw so many people I knew I created a profile too. Years ago, I would hear people from my area say they would never have the nerve to put up an ad on a dating site in case someone they knew saw them; these days it's no big deal. Now, I mostly look at profiles of other women who post here on the forums to "get a clearer picture" of where they're coming from.
 auntyemm
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/5/2013 6:11:35 PM
Guys have looked at mine and i have to say the same as bottle guy,it weirds me out.I have no reason to look at another guys profile
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 6:18:25 PM
I have on occasion. Sometimes I get logged out while browsing the forums and a row of women from my area appears at the top of the site. I'll look at their profiles to see what I'm up against, but I've never done a search or anything.
 awesomecatch2
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/7/2013 8:37:13 AM
Thats funny that you happened to respond Metalvixxn because I looked at yours
because I liked your hair lol
 WomanInSF
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 2:51:14 PM

Does anyone else do this, and if you do-what are your reasons?

I do look at women’s profiles. Mostly when they say something in the forum, and I am trying to figure out where it comes from. But I also look at men’s profiles when they say something interesting or nasty, and it doesn’t mean that I like those men.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you ever look at the Profile of the SAME SEX??