Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stubidooo
Msg: 368
If your date used a 50% off coupon on your first date... Page 16 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)

you are 52 man, lol your dating life is pretty much over, get out of here and let the real guys work

Poor little pathetic coupon man.... I can pretty much guarantee I'm getting more attention than you ever will.
 Petraeus
Msg: 370
If your date used a 50% off coupon on your first date...
Posted: 3/7/2013 10:19:38 AM

Poor little pathetic coupon man.... I can pretty much guarantee I'm getting more attention than you ever will.

I'm pretty sure you do! lol

Be proud of having to hop from woman to woman because your bigotry turns them off so quickly!

jaha, I can't believe this guy actually brags about things like this *shakes head*
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 371
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 10:20:32 AM
Fortunately the dating community and girls needs guys like Stubidoo. I only wish there were more like him. Let him boast his virility whist he takes all the lady's who detest coupons and meeting a guys at the market. I would be perfectly happy meeting a great lady at the market (coupons or not just no old school check writers,) gas station, 7-11 or Target because to me those are the real women, the ones who put their slacks on one leg at a time and manage a house hold. If a woman knows how to select a ripe watermelon at the market and knows where the shavers are at the local Target, count me in as they are the sweethearts. Arm candy is nice but sweets are bad for ya.
 Petraeus
Msg: 372
Posted: 3/7/2013 10:23:33 AM
I understand ya bro. He is so old I'm surprised he even knows how to use the internet, let alone able to wipe his own bum.

Kids like this (and I use the word "kid" as a reflection of his maturity, not his age, which is OLDDDDDD) make outrageous claims, only because they have no prospects irl and need to lash out.

Unfortunately for us, the target of his latest "mental episode" as I am going to coin it, is this thread.

Its shockingly sad and a little pathetic how he is sticking to his guns on this topic. I'm smelling a troll, but he could be this ignorant in his daily activities!

Petraeus, No need to be harsh with stubidooo, Judging by his join date I would say his modern dating experience is just beginning.The women in his demographic share much of the same opinion regarding the mans role in courtship.( especially true if they have been out of circulation for any period of time) It is quaint that he has these strong opinions on modern dating but likely hasn't done so in the last 20 years. His strong traditional values where formed when rainbows where still in black and white and while many of us can see and appreciate the mindset, it is his failure to recognize that dating has changed which keeps him so strongly held to these beliefs. Give him a year 'n see if he still stands by his statements.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 10:52:48 AM
Hey take it easy on some of "us" old cats...
 Petraeus
Msg: 374
Posted: 3/7/2013 12:36:50 PM
qft = quoted for truth
 DoritoMuncher
Msg: 375
Posted: 3/7/2013 12:44:28 PM
Walk out like a boss...without paying. Done that few times as I was drunk.
 rockstar_ocnj
Msg: 377
Posted: 3/7/2013 1:12:56 PM

I can't answer for fleuron but, the OP in the very first post was talking about showing the coupon in front of his date (or at least, he said something like "pulls out a coupon in front of you"). Now, that wouldn't bother me but, again, if it was a "look at me, I'm da man" or EVERYTHING had to be nickel-and-dimed, then yeah, that would be a bit off-putting. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for saving money; but if it ends up heading towards clipping every 5-cent-off coupon, or insisting on Taco Bell simply because one has a coupon, or if someone considers coupon-strategy to be a major part of their retirement plan, then yeah, that would be a little weird.

I think responses like this, a lot of us can respect. All of us that would use a coupon, would do it casually. We'd just hand it over with the cash or card we're paying with. The only mention you'd really hear about it from us is if we had a question on what it could be used for or if they're even accepting it, and stuff like that. The people who would make sure you know they're paying with a 50% off coupon are rare, but sadly they do exist. Every one has one of two uncles, either the one that brags about how much he spends, or the one that brags about how much he saves. The thing about insisting on Taco Bell because he has a coupon, there's a middle ground to that. If you have a good coupon, why not use it? It doesn't have to be a big date or anything, maybe just stop on the way to do something else. If you're gonna eat out anyway, why not make sure to use it at some point in time before it goes bad?
 jlynn1955
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 2:08:47 PM
Wouldn't bother me at all, especially in these days and times.

But did I miss something? I thought this thread was about using a coupon on a first date, not bashing others that are commenting in this thread.
As for dating being almost over for someone who is in their 50's, baby boys you guys have NOOO idea what you are talking about. I am 57 -OMG getting close to 60! I should slit my wrists! MY life has just begun and I am enjoying every day of it to the extreme max. You may be way younger than some of the rest of us, but you still have lots of garbage years to go thru before you get to where we are, whereas most of us have put the garbage years behind us and there's nothing but net in front of us.
 OutMind
Msg: 379
Posted: 3/7/2013 2:48:03 PM

Hey take it easy on some of "us" old cats...

There's a South American saying that goes like this:

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo, que por diablo.

More knows the devil because he is old, than because he is the devil.

The voice of experience always goes much much further. If only I knew then what I know now.

And by the way, I hate coupons, I hate fast food, I hate corporate type of restaurants like Chilis and crap like that. I take my dates to locally own restaurants, hole in the wall places, ethic restaurants, and good restaurants. I don't use coupons because I don't have the mental time to keep up with them.
 Fleuron
Msg: 380
Posted: 3/7/2013 3:06:31 PM

She isn't trolling, she genuinely believes men who are prudent with money are inferior to those who aren't.

You’re wrong, and I don’t need you or anybody else to speak for me.

Apparently the coupon advocates don’t care if their dates show up looking like filthy slobs, because of course first impressions mean nothing.

Happy “dating!”

Zuglo65:
But..If you don't know he paid with a coupon, or does not make a big deal out of it, would that be OK with you?
Or you 100% percent sure he won't? Not looking to fight..

Me either. Several posters have brought this up…if I don’t know, it’s not an issue. I mean, how could it be? I don’t need to be 100% sure about anything, really, and I don’t need to know how he intends to pay.

And..Just play along..Since you are on a date with him, he is obviously a great guy, you like him.
Date goes well,all wonderful, perfect gentlemen. OK?
Check comes, he nonchalantly place a coupon in there with his card, in front of you.
Does everything comes crumbling down, just because that piece of paper?

No, of course not.

I’ve been addressing the Original Post. You’ve presented something else.

sweetness-one:
Why does everything have to degenerate to name-calling like this just because (gee! novel idea!) others might have differing opinions?

Yeah, no kidding…..especially if the differing opinion doesn’t cave in.

And yet, I’ve NEVER had a problem getting quality dates.
 Maleman999
Msg: 381
Posted: 3/7/2013 3:32:52 PM
I have no intention of treating a stranger to a dinner on a first meet-especially when she will decide withing 2 seconds of meeting whether we have a real date in the future or not-the instant chemistry thing. Plus I have to find her attractive as well to want a real date with her. If people think the coffee meet/job interview is lame and too cheap, a middle ground would be to meet at a pub/bar/restaurant place and have a drink or two and have an appetizer. I have never seen a coupon strictly for appetizers. So it makes it a relatively cheap first meet and I would assume most women wouldn't be as offended if a coupon would be used after the first meet.
 rockstar_ocnj
Msg: 382
Posted: 3/7/2013 3:36:57 PM

Maybe it depends on one's definition of what a "good" coupon is? But no, I don't believe in using coupons just for coupon-expiration-date's sake.

Well, ofc I mean in moderation. Like, not ALWAYS go to taco bell when you have a coupon, but while you're sitting there trying to decide what to eat, it's an idea to put out there. Same idea as going to buy something at a specific store because it's on sale.
 rockstar_ocnj
Msg: 383
Posted: 3/7/2013 3:38:49 PM

Apparently the coupon advocates don’t care if their dates show up looking like filthy slobs, because of course first impressions mean nothing.

That's not what we're saying. We're saying that when it comes to a first impression, whether or not the other person uses a coupon is 100% MEANINGLESS. We're more worried about the actual other person, not how they pay.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 384
Posted: 3/7/2013 4:00:02 PM

sweetness-one:
Why does everything have to degenerate to name-calling like this just because (gee! novel idea!) others might have differing opinions?

fleuron
Yeah, no kidding…..especially if the differing opinion doesn’t cave in.

OMG Pot/Kettle anyone
I liked some of your posts a year ago even the ones I didn't agree with.
But lately you've degenerated into Flaming, Baiting, and hating, at least in the ones I've read.
I don't know what happened, maybe you get off on it, someway.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 385
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 4:25:03 PM
I have found in general that the ones that expect others spend frivolously are the biggest spendthrifts there are. Going so far as to buy an outfit leave (hide) the tags on so they can return it the next day and say it didn't fit or they did not like it. But for someone to use a coupon, how faux pas.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 386
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 4:36:29 PM
if it was a "look at me, I'm da man" or EVERYTHING had to be nickel-and-dimed, then yeah, that would be a bit off-putting.

Absolutely agree with you there.
I think this is what causes a misunderstanding.
Again..if she has to chose, if she can't order a large drink, or if she must eat there--WEIRD.

Why does everything have to degenerate to name-calling like this

Well..Good question.

if I don’t know, it’s not an issue. I mean, how could it be? I don’t need to be 100% sure about anything, really, and I don’t need to know how he intends to pay.

Soooo..Do I save you a place in that picket line? Still confused..
Probably for the rest of my life..
 Maleman999
Msg: 387
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:05:00 PM
What it boils down to is if a woman finds the guy attractive, she won't care how he pays. If she doesn't find him attractive enough, she'll use it as an excuse to not see him again.
 MsMaureenw
Msg: 388
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:29:27 PM
Oh by the way ya'll...... I just got an e-mail today that entertainment books are 50% off with free shipping. It made me think of this thread. =) Figured it would help someone out with their kids/family.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 389
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:33:05 PM
^^^Sending you my address..
 cooldog65
Msg: 390
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:40:34 PM
^^^^^
I ordered mine earlier this week. Coincidentally, my lady asked me if I had ordered my book yet. I have never used the fine dining section (card not paper coupon), but will this year.

I'm still reluctant about using a coupon on a first date, but if you can be discreet go for it. If the date is a disaster, it reduces your losses.

I didn't use a coupon on our first date, but I stuck to the Leykis 101 rule of $40 or less. We use coupons most of the time now. More entertainment bang for the buck!
 Zuglo65
Msg: 391
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 6:14:20 PM
^^You should change your name to Luckydog..
 Fleuron
Msg: 393
Posted: 3/8/2013 5:58:28 AM
Okay, how about this….a man who uses a 50% off coupon on a first date is sooooo virile and sexy, I just wanna rip his clothes off and lick him all over.

And if he stiffs the waitress 50% too… cha-ching!
 Zuglo65
Msg: 394
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2013 6:11:03 AM
^^Soooo..No need to save a place for you in that picket line?

LOL..Taco Bell taking a beating..No worries, I don't eat there.
Had to look up LeVian...Yikes..Even with 50% off that would be one expensive shopping..LOL
And sweetness, the poster was not referring to you.
 cooldog65
Msg: 395
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2013 8:04:25 AM
Fleuron...

Okay, how about this….a man who uses a 50% off coupon on a first date is sooooo virile and sexy, I just wanna rip his clothes off and lick him all over.And if he stiffs the waitress 50% too… cha-ching!

After being licked all over, he "stiffs" the waitress with his stiffy.

P.S. I always tip based on full price. No stiffing here.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >