Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Should performing a background check on a potential bf/gf be consider      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maleman999
Msg: 624
Should performing a background check on a potential bf/gf be considered as a sign of insecurity?Page 28 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)

But what did we do before the internet?... many of them unwittingly got into abusive relationships with drunkards, con artists, or married people, and cried their hearts out or worse when the truth became known.

I'm sure women nowadays are very appreciative of the internet, avoiding all of the sub-par men and all marrying a Mr. Wonderful. Don't you see all of the joy women express here, happily divorced and cheerfully looking for another guy more perfect than the last guy they dumped or got dumped from? All of the bitterness many women spew is just an act. How can you be bitter when you have the internet to create your perfect, fantasy world with a perfect partner?
 NJgirl116
Msg: 625
Should performing a background check on a potential bf/gf be considered as a sign of insecurity?
Posted: 5/20/2014 12:03:23 PM
I used to know a girl who worked at my local diner and she met a guy there. He was smitten by her but did a background check on her. When she found out, she thought it was hilarious. They're married now.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 626
Should performing a background check on a potential bf/gf be considered as a sign of insecurity?
Posted: 5/20/2014 12:53:01 PM

gtomustang:
I never met a good person who got gossipped about--they were too boring to have anything juicy to build on .

I have to strongly disagree with this. You list yourself as a Christian. So, you would have to agree that Jesus Christ was a Good Person, & I bet he was gossiped about.
 Sonic98
Msg: 627
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2014 9:04:37 AM
Doing a background check on someone is overboard. You have to do the work to find out who the person you're dating really is and not just get caught up in the moment of what seems like a good relationship. Whether you do background checks or not, there should be some red flags. Plus, you could do a background check and not find out what you need to find out anyway. A background check won't tell you if they've dated women and get money from them in the past. You won't know if he is a player. You'll probably find out if they have a violent or criminal past but most of the bad stuff people have their ways of hiding it.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 628
Posted: 5/29/2014 10:27:15 PM
I have nothing to hide, but please don't take a picture of my license plate before I drive you to a comedy club. WTF?!

If you're not comfortable getting in my car, then don't get in my car.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Should performing a background check on a potential bf/gf be considered as a sign of insecurity?