Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Calling 3 months after first date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 russell5417
Msg: 47
Calling 3 months after first date?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Sounds like he has the mentality of a 13 year old........good luck with this one. :)
 MeggieMugster
Msg: 48
Calling 3 months after first date?
Posted: 2/5/2013 12:40:17 PM
I have had situations like that.

For instance this one guy I went on a few dates with, he would like back off for awhile, then whenever he saw on facebook I was dating someone else he would ask to hang out, and i would be like why is it only when im seeing someone else you wanna make plans with me, and hes like thats not true, i have always liked you blah blah blah. I knew he just wanted what he couldnt have, but yet when i was single and tried to make plans with him he would ignore me, or make excuses, so i gave up on the guy. One day i saw he was seeing someone, and was like oh i see u got a girl in your life, and hes like shes not my girlfriend, and hes like i still like you, but u dont make time for me, and then i find out that the girl is knocked up that he hadnt been with long. So i was like sucks to be you.
 pattie2014
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/5/2013 12:49:11 PM
After 3 months I would have played dumb and told him that I couldn't really remember him or the date either!
 supplygoodguy
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/5/2013 12:52:11 PM

Unless you want to change your name from DORA to DOORMAT be my guess...lol

prime ribb. you are hilarious.. thanks .. I hope she reads your fun take on this and hits the hwy running..

Sounds like he has the mentality of a 13 year old........good luck with this one. :)

russell5417 thanks great insight to the size of his upper brain.. the worst part of this is if he has a full solid erection with a niner or finer.. that leaves a big honkin wank on a****head..

WONDERING .. if she would "feel" more like a key player in this carnival of shit for boyfriend awards if he aw .. aw .. aw . ..came over and told her that he uses her name instead of the one he is humping now to condition the old one that the new one is going to be his full orgasmic delight..

This is when I wish I won a Dairy Queen for life contest.. I'd eat alot of sundaes and send him the empty plastic cones filled with gorrilla doo doo from every guy I had to screw until lover boy was ready for the oven ready Lasagna vah vah voom..

Get with the secret sauce here and get the frig away from this can o' bad beans.. go out into the chilly air and have a good fart .. and get this ass out of your system.. even if he has a penis the size of a donkeys d 'ck
 moindtown
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 2:26:02 PM
I agree, don't be anyones back up plan. I dated a guy for a couple of months. I am not one to open up easily but w him, he was just great. He WAS, in my eyes, the perfect guy. All was good and all of a sudden things change and w/in a couple weeks I walk away. Asked for my guy friends for advice and they all said, "you're suddenly on the back burner". I'll admit I was hurt, but everything lead me to believe it. He wasn't my bf so I couldn't ask him. I let things be and left. Missed him a lot. 2 months later he hits me up. He asked if we could be cool again and my reply was...b4 we become "friends" again, what happened? His answer was so lame, i didnt reply and left again. Mind you, he WAS perfect so I thought twice before leaving again lol. I would have respected him more had he just been upfront. This was in early 2012. He actually contacted me a couple months ago. Found out that when he contacted me 2 months later, his girl was already preggers. He didn't tell me, I just did the math ;) Although he was perfect, I won't go back. To me, it just wasn't worth it to be there when HE wanted me to be there. My advice is be careful people for the most part always get back together w the ex. What if he comes around again and he decides he isn't 100% over the ex and goes back. You have to wonder about people who jump from relationship to relationship. Good luck!
 jjoenyc73
Msg: 52
Posted: 2/5/2013 2:54:06 PM
Wow for all the guys whining "where are the girls?" and "how come they don't reply?". There's your answer, guys are putting them on second, third and fourth and fifth burner. And some ladies consider it!I at least hope his name is Mr. Big (aka sex and the city) and he has a really has a big one.
 Maleman999
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:32:48 PM
The guy got it mixed up. Somebody told him about the three day rule and he misinterpreted it and thought it was three months.
 safebetinvegas
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 4:00:03 PM
Wait and be forever labeled a "door mat" in his mind.

Worse yet, within several months or so with this guy if you so choose, you will be back where you are now with him...disappearing act reincarnated and then a "It was going so good...what happened?" post from you.

...and the wheel keeps on turning.

Don't give him the time of day.
 for4rums_loner_here
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/5/2013 5:32:05 PM
So he asked you to wait, Dora... and you wait, and you wait...

But WAIT!! There is more!! If you order now, you get this bonus gift:

Your bonus gift is that you wait and you wait... and you wait... and you eventually tire of waiting, and you call him or txt him or whatever. Her replies (in txt): Srry, fnd 1 other grl. I aksed 28 grls 2 wt 4 me, she has bigger tiiiits. Oh, bt cn u wait? W're rocky now. Pls wait."

It's like the telephone reception from hell, or to the tax office help line.

Next time ask him if he can put some muzak on... you know, elevator muzak on the phone... the wait will be a tad easier. He reply, you should know this by heart by now: "Muzak? Ok. Wait, plsl, svp. I'll get it now. Pls wt."
 for4rums_loner_here
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/5/2013 5:43:05 PM
"""""""""""Wow for all the guys whining "where are the girls?" and "how come they don't reply?". There's your answer, guys are putting them on second, third and fourth and fifth burner."""""""""""""

This is so true!! You're a genius, Jason, or was it Josh.

For a while now I've been hearing that women don't want relationships, or marriage, or sex, if they can have access to... romance.

Ms. Christie said this too. Agatha. She put a huge mofo of a piece of truth in every of her books and other works.

To a woman it's not getting laid that counts... it's the romance. For some romance is getting laid, for sure, we are a diverse species. But to wait... is much better for a cute chick when she gets to wait for a real charmer, hunk, whatever. An interesting man. Better than giving any of us losers out there or out here a chance.

A guy like the one in the story of D, can get a ton of women glued to him. He can neutralize the valence of available hunger for relationship in any woman, or maybe in a lot of women. He is Mr. Magnetism himself.

He is the enemy of all men. They should do a movie with him and Bruce Willis beats him t0 a pulp at the end, and all these cute women theresofar lost to humanity, come out of their rooms with the curtains drawn, like ex-zombies, and now they come to life, because their leader's head got shot off and straight out of its place, and the women who graduated back to life from being vampires under this guy's spell, or smell, start to see the world for what it is, and every guy will have a girl, and big f ing Hollywood happy ending.
 DORA1966
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/6/2013 5:15:44 PM
Well, I haven't heard from him since Sunday, and am not surprised, nor disappointed. The disappointment phase has come and gone. That is really why I say I will have the upper hand when/if I go out with him again, because I will KNOW his way and play with it and just tease him about it, and see where it goes.
 moonchildMN
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/6/2013 5:32:48 PM
Here's how you play this game to win:
You win it by walking away in advance with your dignity in tact and for your own self-worth.
You reject him, never contact him again....lose his number. If he calls, don't answer.

I doubt you'll win this so called game of yours by toying with him. By your own admission you "really liked him" which puts you in an already vulnerable position.

The disappoinment phase has come and gone. You're already almost over him. Be completely over him.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2013 5:49:14 PM
Why would you want to do that? Why would you even consider it? So, all this time you were his 2nd choice and now he wants you to wait until he gets rid of the first choice? Or, you might have even been number 3 on the list and he's working his way down. Who knows?
Why play this game of "upper hand"with him? Why play any game at all? Maybe, it's just me, but after being on this site for awhile and reading some of the forums, I'm beginning to wonder if anyone here has grown up. The guys still look for a Barbie: tall, built etc. The women still look for a Ken in a leather jacket and riding a motorcycle. And everyone playing these stupid games.
Ah well, your choice. Whatever floats your boat.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/6/2013 5:50:13 PM
What moonchild said.

My favorite part:

You win it by walking away in advance with your dignity in tact and for your own self-worth.

Yep.
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/6/2013 5:57:35 PM
LOL, Reminds me of the first guy I date from here. He wanted to keep dating and meeting other women.
I said, no, not what I am looking for. We did stay in touch. Now he wants to try having a serious relationship, Says, he is only meeting crazy women, ones that live too far away.
My question to him, was, I wasnt good enough then, why am I now?
 Casper66
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:17:26 AM
Now that is one classy guy, trying to line up a replacement while still in another relationship. At least you know what kind of person is really is now Op and that you dodged a potential heartbreak. Good to see you see the humour in it now, thanks for the chuckle.
 for4rums_loner_here
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:42:44 AM
""""""""""""""""""""""

""""""""""""""""""""""
That's one way of doing it. The impossible way. Because if you are smitten, you're smitten, and not even God Himself in Heaven can change that.

I think the only plausible way to show you have the upper hand and the only way to stay inpervious to the temptation of running back to a lover like that is to commit suicide.

Jumping into a deep well will show him, Dora, how much you have the upper hand in this relationship of a lifetime when you had one date with him and he still managed to totally destroy you for all other men for ever and ever amen.
 Crsdan57
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:46:47 AM

That is really why I say I will have the upper hand when/if I go out with him again

You are kidding yourself. If you go out with him you will never have the upper hand. He knows that he went out with you three months ago and despite picking someone else he was able to come back around and you agreed to see him. No matter how you may justify your decision to go out with him, you both know that you wanted to see him more than he wanted to see you. You were second or maybe third choice and you both know it.
 TedJMill
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 7:15:52 AM
I dated one woman once or twice, and nothing came of it then. Nearly a year later she called me to get together, and we had 4 dates in a 3-week period. Judging by her emphasizing that she didn't believe in sex before marriage, my guess is that during the intervening time she'd dated men who were too sexually aggressive for her, and she called me because I hadn't been like that.
 CharminC
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/7/2013 8:13:41 AM
Wait around for him! Ha!! Is he Ryan Gossling or someone like that because he must think he's pretty spectacular to ask you this.

Him: "Will you wait for me?"
Me: " Only if you are Ryan Gosling...... but you're not." *click*
 AvailableinIndy
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/7/2013 7:45:39 PM
Run for away from him.
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/7/2013 9:20:18 PM
If you want to stay on the backburner that is up to you. What is the bet he has said the same thing to other women. He was in a relationship already when you met him or has started one since. Either way I wouldnt bother. He probably knows you were keen although after a first meet I would not be so sure, myself. He probably thinks he is on a certain thing if you do agree to meet him again.

Men play around on here and I had a guy contact me after six months and only because he hadnt found anyone he wanted to bed or would bed him. Moving on...
 chosehappiness
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/8/2013 4:59:15 AM
I totally agree with packagedealx3. If someone was honest and to lets you know they had met someone and wanted to see where the relationship was going, I would respect that. If after a few months they called and asked me out again because the relationship had not worked out, I would definatley go out with them again.

Your situation is different. He is just lining you up so when or if he breaks up with who he is dating, he is not left without someone. He is a player. Don't give him another thought.
 _Meta_Man_
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/8/2013 6:26:12 AM
You know this man could be an insecure idiot for certain ... and a lot of things people say in this thread could be the truth.

But it's also possible he's the one that's pined for you all the time he was trying with this other woman. I have had that happen. At some point you have to make a decision and give someone a chance. However, like many have said I maintained good relationships with other people I was communicating with...so that is a big difference. I think we have a tendency to play games with ourselves with the "what if's" as a mechanism of fear of the "what we have's".

That being said, if you have your act together you are not going to react. And I would suggest the people with the judgmental reactions had better look at themselves because quite often what you think it is actually isn't. You need to understand and have healthy boundaries for yourself ... and then you go forward exercising what is right for you and being you without a lot of thought about the part that is others. It's really their responsibility for their boundaries and then healthy communication. That is the part where this man has failed...he just has not mastered the communication piece yet.

So you worry about you and communicate with him. Tell him you respect his having to make choices but he's made you feel like the "back burner girl" with his approach and you certainly are no back burner girl. I also hope you would consider the necessity to not be with someone jumping from one relationship to another...this is a more important issue in this case for him not that he's stupid. All men are stupid. If women can't accept us despite our stupidity then you don't deserve to be accepted for your craziness...what do you really want out of life anyway?
 _Meta_Man_
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/8/2013 6:28:06 AM

You'll never have the "upper hand" if you agree to see him again. He'll think you've been pining for him since your first and only date three months ago and that is not sexy at all.

If a guy called me back and told me what he told you ( and yes, it's happened) I'd tell him "Talk's cheap, money buys whisky and with you I'd die of thirst. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Personally, I think you need to date "for4rums_loner_here" and "prime ribb".

So you like to play control games to have the "upper hand"? Sounds as sick as what he is doing ...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Calling 3 months after first date?