Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Communicating by phone before meeting Personally      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 YoungerRain
Msg: 69
Communicating by phone before meeting PersonallyPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
texting or e mailing I have lots of time to gather my thought and say what I mean! On the phone - I can not respond quickly.. and 2. I like to see in person the gal I am talking to..we talk or communicate a lot with our jesters . I maybe like this guy..but I would call u back..it all comes to one thing..MEET meet meet..all the tons of e mails are nothing.and seems kind of waste to write one far away U can not ever meet..so Meet meet meet..When my dating son is with a gal..there are no cell phone ,I pad, smart phones ,computers in use.. I like that.. Leave your those devises OFF,at home or back in the car. They are rude! And i have told gals . that have call up their friends while with me so. `U are one of those rude cell phone plp` Meet MEET meet with out those things..
 OC28AV99
Msg: 70
Communicating by phone before meeting Personally
Posted: 2/20/2013 10:49:12 PM
Yeah, my guess is he's either married/committed or drinks heavily, or both. Either way, just move on, he's not going to work out. You can do better. :)
 yerkiddinrite
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/21/2013 6:08:34 AM
My best friend learned her lesson that it isn't a good idea to meet someone without speaking to them on the phone first. She talked to a guy online for a few weeks and set up a date without speaking to him in person. When she got to the restaurant he was flamingly feminine with a light wispy voice, delicately dabbing at the corners of his mouth with his napkin, etc., definitely not her cup of tea. She had to sit and suffer through a dinner with this man who was wrong for her in so many ways. Well, she didn't HAVE to but good manners dictate that you at least finish dinner and then excuse yourself at the first available opportunity!
 RB_64
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2013 7:11:42 AM
Today, many people have Smart phones with their email driven to them which gives easy communication access 24/7. I always swap email addresses with the person I am meeting and have used email to verify last minute details or confirm ETA for a meet. The danger in swapping personal phone numbers too soon is that most people can be traced and a home address verified with little effort. If all people on dating sites were upstanding, honest, law-abiding citizens this is not an issue. We all know that this simply isn't true.

"A place of my choosing" is not me demanding one place......it means that if a potential date suggests some place less than what I consider reasonably safe and public, then I will either ask him to suggest another place or I will suggest another place. The meet location is always mutual. I just always retain my right to choose to agree on a place that matches my comfort level. I am do not create or have a bucket of issues pre-meeting or have many issues later.

I man who cannot understand, appreciate, or respect my right to act in a safe manner is unlikely to have my six later in life.
 pageforyou
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/21/2013 7:39:54 AM
The meet location is always mutual. I just always retain my right to choose to agree on a place that matches my comfort level. I am do not create or have a bucket of issues pre-meeting or have many issues later.

I man who cannot understand, appreciate, or respect my right to act in a safe manner is unlikely to have my six later in life.

+1
 bzyberd
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/21/2013 1:57:37 PM
Sounds like a big red flag. You should pay attention to it because something is off. Or.... could it
be he has a voice that is an immediate "turn-off" to women and he doesn't want to lose out before
meeting you? It's either that or his voice sounds like he's been sucking too much helium out of balloons.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/21/2013 3:27:06 PM
I hate talking on the phone and know many others who feel the same way. I want to see the person I'm talking to, not just hear their voice. Even worse is the quality of many peoples phones and the signal they get. I know with my personal landline phone or cell phone, 99% of the time, if it's a crappy sounding call, it's on the other end.
 TabithaDizney
Msg: 76
Posted: 2/21/2013 3:41:13 PM
I have had the same thing with men. Want to do email right off the bat and then they start wanting a serious relashionship but can't talk because they are in the UK or Africa. When you don't give into their sweet talk they go away for awhile then come back to see if you are ready to fall for their line. Most want money and they are suppose to be business owners of large company. Block and report if you have this happen.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Communicating by phone before meeting Personally