Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StrangeDreams
Msg: 18
In a relationship would you be ok for your girl to go out with a male friend you don't know?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
holy shit, you've been going out with her for 5 years and you've never met her male friend? and she wont add you to Facebook? are you kidding what kind of f ucked up relationship is that man?

Oh man she's messing with your head big time man, I dont think in her mind you two were boyfriend and girlfriend, I cant imagine having a girlfriend for that long and she didnt add you to her facebook or introduced you to her friend.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 19
view profile
History
In a relationship would you be ok for your girl to go out with a male friend you don't know?
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:02:34 PM
Okay, not trying to ride you down, OP, but you are still being vague. "I bought her and engagement ring." I've seen too many guys in fantasy relationships buy rings for women who thought they were just dating casually.

You bought her a ring. Did you propose? Did she accept? Have you officially been exclusive for a while? Did you seriously propose marriage to a woman who refused to allow you to be a Facebook friend?

This isn't making good sense yet.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 21
In a relationship would you be ok for your girl to go out with a male friend you don't know?
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:10:43 PM

No, it isn't... I have the distinct impression that this very narrow question resides within a much broader and fuller context, of which we readers have not been apprised.
 MrShoesnchocolate
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:15:12 PM
Sounds pretty fishy...did she always shower when returning from being with him ?
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:15:13 PM
Ahaha, and that's why I'm glad you're back, Helen.

It probably took me about five weeks to accept my SO's FB friends request. But five YEARS?

I'm very above board in my dealings with other men because I think it's disrespectful to MY man to behave in any other way. He treats me with the same respect.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:18:59 PM
Dude, dump her ass. She doesn't respect you at all.
 forums1
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:22:48 PM
At its most basic, no... and most especially after "5 years" you say you've been dating. 5 years and you haven't met this 'friend' nor know anything about him?

That's one of two things - she's just met this guy 'online' recently and is looking to meet him (and probably hoping to date him, otherwise she'd have no reason to hide it - is she on POF?? ), or she's known him for a long time and she's deliberately 'hiding' him from you because he's an ex or past-lover... and without more info there (as in, she talks about him and explains their 'relationship') I'd probably presume she's hiding it because its not so 'ex/past' in her mind/feelings.

I mean, in all seriousness, if I was dating a woman for 5 years and she said she was going off to meet an old coworker from 10+years ago, lets say 2 jobs ago, to have coffee or lunch and chat... I'm not sure I'd have a problem with it if the way she talked about it was 'just friends', etc. But if she's 'hiding'/evasive about it... there's probably a reason.
 tnt144
Msg: 27
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:23:47 PM
This is very simple. If it looks like a date, they should not be doing it.

But a better way to handle it is to go out with another woman... once the shoe is on the other foot and she knows how it feels, only then will she be ready to talk about it and consider changing her ways. It has to be their own idea for best results.
 StrangeDreams
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:28:00 PM

You bought her a ring. Did you propose? Did she accept? Have you officially been exclusive for a while? Did you seriously propose marriage to a woman who refused to allow you to be a Facebook friend?

dont know what you're not seeing man? this isn't a conspiracy or something to call the FBI on ? fantasy or not, he claims they were together 5 years, I cant see someone living in a fantasy with someone for 5 years, I think the OP is really naive bordering on stupid for not seeing the red flags earlier.

5 years with someone and she doesn't add you on Facebook or in the 5 years shes never introduced the friend to him, I say the OP needs a smack for being stupid for putting up with it for that long.

Ask yourself even if in her mind they were causal fantasy friends she hasn't added him to Facebook, Im almost betting he's her sugar daddy and paid for everything and she took advantage of the situation.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:42:55 PM
I ask if your in a serious relationship is it ok for your girlfriend/boyfriend to go out with a friend you don't know? Just a simple question nothing more. We can forget the other stuff not trying to be rude just I was curious.

No, OP, you did not do that. You specified that this is your own relationship, with specifics to it which you continue to refuse to make clear, and you wanted us to support your beliefs about it. You pretend to be asking a general question, but that is just a manipulative trick on your part.

I am ever more convinced that you are hiding the facts behind your request for support, because you know that those facts would cause our responses to oppose your wishes.

You bought a ring. You imagine yourself to be engaged to this woman. You refuse to say if she is even aware that this is in your mind. The information is absolutely critical to answering your posted question.
 safebetinvegas
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:47:04 PM
Regardless of additional info, possible troll post or other speculation, let us examine what has been stated in the reply post:

We have been going out for 5 years.. I bought her an engagement ring for valentines day I thought we had a good relationship.

"Exclusive" or not, differing expectations between the two of them or not, one would figure that sometime well before five years either one to these people would not reasonably expect to continue an honest relation whilst harboring secrets...but that's just me is seems.

Guess she saved me from future grief.

No matter who may have been "reading" the relation incorrectly as committed, casual or otherwise, I second the notion of ending the needless smoke-and-mirror cover-ups that appear to have occurred between the OP's and his "ex."

There is a reason people avoid commitments for so long...they're NOT interested.

In this case, "why buy the pig when the sausage is free ?"
 rockstar_ocnj
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:49:56 PM
Normally, a girlfriend going out with a guy friend I don't know is fine, within reason. I'm sure they're only just friends... It's not like she's going out with this guy all the time.

But the little bit of information on your story that you're giving us, because there's way more that we need to know... It seems like something else is going on... Because she felt guilty, she won't add you on facebook... She's hiding something.

There's a chance she isn't, but you're giving us an extremely incomplete story.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:54:55 PM
If she hides it she is up to no good, ...its good you broke up with her cheating a$$
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >