Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > whats the best donut you've ever had?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 18
whats the best donut you've ever had?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
mississauga and toronto.

anyone ever had a kk used as a hamburger bun? it was a grilled donut burger. saw it on DDD.

k.w.
maybe try it with bacon
 raxarsr
Msg: 19
view profile
History
whats the best donut you've ever had?
Posted: 2/9/2013 12:50:06 AM
lol.......yes i have kid.......i saw the same episode

strangely enough...........its pretty dang good,,,,,,,,,,wouldnt want one every day........but its worth having at least once
 Houston_Realtor
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/11/2013 9:56:55 AM
I like donuts but never eat them because of the calories :(

The best one I remember eating though was from Shipley's donuts here in Houston. It was a simple glazed whole wheat donut hot off the press, yum!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2013 10:43:09 AM
freshly made is the BEST ...

I used to live maybe 3 miles from a bagel bakery in Los Angeles ...
sometimes, we'd get up in the middle of the night, go down there
and say we wanted two of whatever JUST came out of the oven!
heavenly!

my mother used to make donuts that weren't great but, add in the
fresh out of the skillet angle ... and they were FABULOUS ...
 TheFuryan
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/11/2013 4:56:25 PM
Krispy Kreme OREO Cookies and Kreme Doughnut....It's a featured doughnut and only comes around one month out of the year. Usually during the Summer.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 9:53:05 PM
North end of Lake Chelan; central washington; Stehekin; went backpacking up there for a couple weeks in july must be 30 years or so ago.
There was a little bakery north of town (town?) at which we partook of a couple times. You know, I can't be sure whether it was the company, the location, or the baked goods themselves, but, here I am, 30 years later and I still remember those baked goods (fritters, etc.) with fondness.

Use to have a Krispy Kreme shop down the street from here a few years back (went out of business, can you believe it?) and tried to adhere to the rule that we could only treat ourselves if we walked there! Wasn't always successful with that resolution.

TK
[while I miss our local KK shop, I'm kind'a glad it's gone]
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/16/2013 10:49:53 PM
I never eat donuts because they are deep fried, fattening and extremely unhealthy.
 imaceltic1
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/17/2013 2:47:21 AM
Never had Voodoo donuts, though enough people in Portland rave about them, but when I lived in California back in the day there was Winchell Donuts open 24 hours and made donuts round the clock, better than Crispy Cremes.IMO
 junipermoon
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2013 5:55:00 AM
blueberry fritters from sheetz.

if you don't have sheetz where you live, make it easy on yourself and just move here.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/23/2013 2:36:16 AM
Some years ago, my son was the Assistant City Planner, of West Allis, near Milwaukee, WI. He participated in the formalities of a new business in town. When Krispy Kreme Donuts had their grand opening, they invited city officials and their families. I was lucky to be there. Mmm mmm delish, fresh, hot, glazed, donuts! ( LOL, only Krispy Kreme donut I've ever tasted) ........In the "strip district" of Pittsburgh, Pa. there is "The Mini Donut shoppe." The donuts are hot and the BEST, is the maple glazed with bacon. Love'em!
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/24/2013 7:03:05 PM

We had a few Krispy Kream donut shops open here a while back ago (I believe they have all closed since). Truthfully, those were just downright nasty tasting. Sickening sweet and had this weird texture to them.

I am with you on that one, never did figure out what the appeal was.

There used to be a donut shop about a 2o minute walk from where we lived as a kid, don't remember the name of it, but I do remember my older sister taking me there sometimes for a treat and I though they were the best thing in the world. Doughnuts have never been the same since.
 New_Page
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/11/2013 10:33:39 AM
Rhubarb ginger donut made by Doughboys in Victoria BC - nothing like a Saturday am visit to moss street market and a fresh homemade donut from the boys :)
 CharminC
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/11/2013 11:39:48 AM
Ooooohhhh! I might be heading over to Vic end of the this month... jotting that info on my list of places to visit! Yum!
 vbxtc
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2013 11:32:00 AM
Top Pot Donuts is a small Seattle chain. I was wandering by their downtown store several years ago and stopped in for a bite. Got a lemon donut and still remember how intense the flavor was, and how fresh the donut. YUM!

VooDoo donuts in Portland is awesome.

There's a bakery in Eastern Market that used to sell these plate-sized 2 pound apple fritters. They rocked!
 perre62
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/25/2013 6:40:50 PM
Rax...know what you're talking about...

Cops n Donuts here, have the same one...called the "Squealer"...maple filled, with two strips of bacon on top...OMG, they're GREAT!!!

Hiker...get a "real" life...it's called moderation!
 perre62
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/25/2013 6:43:47 PM
Oops...a bit different...maple filled, with p-butter frosting, and...BACON!!!
 Aziza454
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/26/2013 4:59:42 PM
Cronuts are amazing! But hard to come by in this city! Your homemade version sounds very good. I would try to make them, I've an avid baker, but as a rule, I don't deep fry.
 Devilsfan58
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2013 6:20:28 PM
The voodoo place was featured on the food network show with Guy Fieri awhile ago. Sounds like quite the place in Portland if I remember correctly.
 tizzabelle
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2013 11:18:21 PM
I can not pick just one! Fresh homemade when, I was a kid.
Custard donuts from a local bakery; that was here... now it's a chocolate cherry donut from The Cookie Jar Bakery.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > whats the best donut you've ever had?