Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > G.U. 'Geographically Undesirable'      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Zuglo65
Msg: 25
view profile
History
G.U. 'Geographically Undesirable'Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Yes, I realized my mistake..Edited as you can see..
I still don't get it, he clearly has his left hand up.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 26
G.U. 'Geographically Undesirable'
Posted: 2/6/2013 10:02:24 AM
I still don't get it, he clearly has his left hand up.

Yes. That is what one would assume. therefore, the position of a ring on the third finger of the left hand, would lead one to assume it is a WEDDING RING.

According to the OP, we are supposed to divine that he makes toasts with his RIGHT hand.
Whatever.
Just another case of "Idontwannahearit-itis."

P.S. OP - most people are interested in hygiene as a trait which they judge attractive in another person. I have dated mechanics, etc. But really, please think about the FIRST impression you are making with your main photo = married barfly with poor attention to personal hygiene.

Maybe your awesome charisma overcomes this impression IRL. Online? Not so much.
 CouldBWow
Msg: 27
Posted: 2/6/2013 12:57:16 PM

Any photo editing program can do that, or if it was from physical film it could've happened during development. I would just flip it back and keep it, 'cause it's a fun shot, but not as a primary photo because of the drink (looks like a lush to have one in a main shot) and also because it's so dark.

Edited to reflect Zuglo's edit.

And to add, the friends were right, that profile text IS good. It comes across as very likeable and someone that almost anyone would want to get to know. Problem is, most women are never going to see it.

Its a webcam photo so its like a mirror reflection. I can flip the photo but still not sure if it will make a difference to those who don't realize that a toast is always made with the right hand, and assume people would be so foolish as to pose with a wedding ring...that is worn on the right hand! lol Can't win them all! I can lighten the photo so I will do that. I will also try to create another main photo picture. I don't have a drinking problem (but who is to know that? I gotcha) but I DO like black rum...and in a world of beer/wine connoisseurs, being into rums I feel is different and is a small aspect of my overall personality. I get in touch with my inner Jack Sparrow on occasion and not ashamed to admit it! :-)

As mentioned, I have overhauled the profile and photos many times and still doesn't seem to make much difference in the end. Men simply have an uphill battle online no matter what advice they get and implement. But I will keep the language as is and add the fact I will soon be relocating closer to civilization.

Seems the thread has served its purpose; G.U. isn't much concern, photos are always most important...and even then, a guy is going to be lucky to get 10% response rate. It is what it is...keep on keeping on!

Thanks for the responses everyone!
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/6/2013 1:25:14 PM
Believe it or don't, married men HAVE given themselves away by including wedding bands in photos. Just flip it already!
 Zuglo65
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 7:59:02 AM
OK, since I had nothing better to do, I had a little experiment.
I took a web cam photo of my right hand to see if there is anyway could look like my left. It does not!
The position of your fingers just doesn't match your right hand.
The way you hold that glass. I still think it's your left hand. Look at my pictures if you like of my right hand.
No matter how I look at it, I see a left hand. Not a right hand. Mirrored or not.
Maybe you have two left hand??lol
What is going on?
 safebetinvegas
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 9:36:17 AM

I tend to stick out like a sore thumb in a very bad way out here.

And I'll second the OTP theory...pretty solid. Also, AZ (and Gilbert itself) has its own culture.

Further, I was attracted to heavy metal in high school and thereafter. However, although I felt the energy (knew the words, knew the instrumentals, knew who was with what band) I did not embrace the trappings (long hair, tattoos, dark cloths, etc) of the culture.

No harm no foul. I got along with the "A" students as well as the "rockers" and other alternate groups.

NOTE: This is not a "high school" thing. It is a presentation of one self. Heck, I even have a "bad boy" pic on my profile (the inner "rocker" is still there).

Point being that despite hearing the "true love" has no "boundaries" the reality is...it does. LTR's tend to fizzle out. For those that are able to make it work, more power to them. Still, history proves otherwise.

And of course you have kids involved. They will influence who is willing to invest time in you no matter how great they are.

Bless them nonetheless.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > G.U. 'Geographically Undesirable'