Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 4ms4me
Msg: 25
view profile
History
mentor issues.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Join the club; if there's one thing I found out in that lifestyle, it's that male doms like to collect female submissives - having enough time/energy to spend with them is secondary, unless it's on a very casual basis for all but the primary. It happened in my relationship, and it happened to almost every Dom/sub poly relationship I knew over 7 years.

<div class="quote"> is he just putting me to the back burner, because he cant balance a new job a primary GF and a pet/sub/student?
Yup, that would be it. And don't let him tell you anything different, either.

Anyway, you don't need a "mentor" for this and even if you did, a female would be just as good, as well as someone with whom you aren't sexually involved. At most, keep your current "mentor" as a casual play partner. Otherwise, rely on yourself and your own judgement and find someone who has time to spend with you, even if you have to learn it together - that could be a lot of fun, you know. At least where I live, there are many avenues for learning at play parties, private parties, meetups, workships and weekend long conferences.

ETA:
Munches are social BDSM meetings, usually held at a restaurant. Generally, things look pretty vanilla, play and overt LS behavior is usually discouraged. It's often recommended as a way for newbies to "dip their toes", without a lot of pressure or being overwhelmed as they might be at an out-and-out playparty.
 DragonBits
Msg: 26
mentor issues.
Posted: 2/6/2013 1:51:06 PM
People, mainly women in polyamorous relationships often post simular questions. It makes me quesition the lifestyle, is it any better than more typical vanilla relationships?

I also wonder what happens to the people in these relationships as they get older and no so attractive.
 DameWrite
Msg: 27
view profile
History
mentor issues.
Posted: 2/6/2013 3:09:22 PM
I don't think you're prepared for this type of lifestyle.

Did you know that having sex triggers oxytocin to flood your brain? This is the long term cuddle drug. It happens and it makes you care and nurture, not copacetic for a casual relationship. Also other chemicals like dopamine and adrenaline and testosterone. (these make you want more).

You might want to check out the chemicals of sex/love before you think you know what all this entails.

I stay clear because I'd rather go with the flow that I'm happy with, rather than have the flow drive me.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >