Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How would u feel about 'DYKHMILY"?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flaneur001
Msg: 26
view profile
History
How would u feel about 'DYKHMILY?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
OP, It's possible that this was the line he used with his current fiance...and it worked. He may have tried to see if there was an opening with you......
 CureCurious
Msg: 27
How would u feel about 'DYKHMILY?
Posted: 2/6/2013 5:44:40 AM
for4rums, lol

One too many rums hey? Well, I apologise for not being very clear. I attempted to put it out as a hypothetical, but in reality, it is a long winded story. Anyway, this is my second attempt at posting this, as first time round it timed out and lost what i wrote. Probably a good thing because i was a tad explicit with what went down.

People asked how I know what dykhmily meant. Lol, well... a week or so after break up and newly hooked up with his ex gf, he texted that to me before he went to bed.
"DUKHMILU? Figure it out." I replied back, "What's that?" He said "Figure it out, you're good with this stuff, goodnight." So, i googled dukhmilu and couldn't find anything. I wrote back, "I can't find it." He said "It's not searchable, u have to figure it out, oh and change U to Y, so DYKHMILY". So i pondered a bit and it came to me... then i google aain and found a song by that name. I wrote back, "No i didn't know." He never replied. Later i called him to enquire what it was, why he said it.. he dodged it.. the next day or after i sai "Well dyhmilanmy?" he said "I have some idea abou the M but not sure about the other one".. so yeah, that's how i affimed the meaning.

Woah, that was a long explanation wasn't it?

Anyway, it's pretty much screwed my head a lot... in combination with other things... apparently i was supposed to be psychic and know this stuff because of the time he spent talking to me on the phone... and apparently i had to understand why he was REALLY going out for lunches/dinners with other girls, raving on about his ex gf, why he chose to cancel a catch up with me to attend his ex gf/now wife's birthday and bought her $400 worth of presents...... i know not everybody is good at verbalising emotions.. thats not the point... it's just... every other thing he said was critical, demoralising... and then he says DYKHMILY? I even recall him chuckling slightly over the phone, "That's put a spanner in the mix hasnt it?" One moment he says nostalgic things, next its aggressive.. anyhow, hes gone awol now. He called me randomly to ak me about a car accident he had... apparently his wifey want pleased with that.. so yeah other than that, awol....
 phoenix_55
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/6/2013 6:33:09 AM
I hate those stupid acronyms ... use your big person words, people, seriously.

But having said that, if a relationship ended and I received such an idiotic text I'd be annoyed. My ex and I broke up over a month ago due to his lying and I still get those stupid "I still love you" texts. Annoying as hell.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2013 7:39:35 AM
Well supercalifragilsticfukinexpealidicious. Who cares. The person did not love you or they would have said it during the relationship. Or they're so frigging dysfunctional that no one should care that they ever said it.

And just fyi, he was hoping that that little nugget would suck you back in so that he could continue to make you miserable by having one toe in the relationship that you were 100% in.

I'd probably be pissed and then I'd be relieved because it is just another indication of why you shouldn't be with him.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2013 8:19:23 AM
Who is "they"? Who is "U"? Who is he? who is she? Who are "we"?

If you can't get the players straight, I can't get your question straight.

LOL..Don't worry it made my head hurt too..

So the problem is with me, clearly, not with your writing style.

Clearly you have no swag fo sho. LOL..
My 12 years old would be interested tutoring you..Call for pricing..

the next day or after i sai "Well dyhmilanmy?" he said "I have some idea abou the M but not sure about the other one".. so yeah, that's how i affimed the meaning.

Woah, that was a long explanation wasn't it?

Yes it was..And it didn't help much..Not for me..
dyhmilanmy????
Google didn't had any result..

Edit to below....I get GTFA..I think I do..Get the f*ck away?
 Whisky_River
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/6/2013 8:30:15 AM
Well...since you knew what it meant....I would have either said...Like one poster said.."Who is this?"...or text back...TSTGAD....Tell someone that Gives a Damn or
GTFA.....figure that one out...lol.

your post is incomprehensible enough to say I don't understand a word of it,

that's funny...exactly what I just thought... reading one of your posts...just saying.
 rockstar_ocnj
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/6/2013 9:08:10 AM
DYKHMILY is just a BS thing people will say because they realized they messed up. IMO, if I got that SMS, I would have told her to GTFO. Cuz if she really did love me, she would have said so during the LTR, not wait til it ended.

And you know there's some truth to what everyone is saying, cuz this is one of the rare times that the people on the POF forums are actually all in agreement.

So yes, Jimmy-Jimmy, there have been P's h-ing the C. BDLTFSYFOYO He can be the Grand Marshall. He's a-so available for proms and pizza parties.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2013 3:19:42 PM

apparently i was supposed to be psychic and know this stuff because of the time he spent talking to me on the phone... and apparently i had to understand why he was REALLY going out for lunches/dinners with other girls, raving on about his ex gf, why he chose to cancel a catch up with me to attend his ex gf/now wife's birthday and bought her $400 worth of presents...... i know not everybody is good at verbalising emotions.. thats not the point... it's just... every other thing he said was critical, demoralising... and then he says DYKHMILY? I even recall him chuckling slightly over the phone, "That's put a spanner in the mix hasnt it?" One moment he says nostalgic things, next its aggressive.. anyhow, hes gone awol now. He called me randomly to ak me about a car accident he had... apparently his wifey want pleased with that.. so yeah other than that, awol....

^^ yeah, that pretty much confirms what I thought. It's all about him. If he sends you a cryptic message and you understand it, he feels clever. If you don't, he feels damn brilliant. It never crosses his mind that the rest of the world might NOT be panting and anxiously awaiting his next syllable.

Hope you've learned enough about egotists from this guy that you can move on comfortably, OP.
 CureCurious
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/6/2013 4:50:05 PM
^^ I've learnt... and now i am absolutely screwed up. I cannot help believe the stuff he said.. the negative stuff.. itsbeen bugging me... but anyhow... spinster life here i come.
 CureCurious
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/6/2013 4:56:05 PM
^^ frankensteen, i should probably be fair and balanced with the story... im not totally innocent in the game. The reason he said he went to his ex gf's birhday was coz the week before i wished an ex happy birthday over the phone. it was about a 5-10 min convo.. no gifts, and i told him i called hi straight after, And he went silent and thought he was justified in going to his ex gf as pay back and getting her gifts. He didnt tell me he was upse by it, just did the pay back an i was supposed to figure it out. so yeah.. i guess we can go on n on.. but struggling to get over it..
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 4:20:17 AM
One person's mistakes, do not change another person's antagonistic, vindictive behavior into saintly and innocent acts. We are each responsible individually for our own honor, and to live up to our own principles.

In other words, if it isn't okay to do something in and of itself, the fact that one's motivation is revenge, doesn't change that it isn't okay.

Watch out also, for people (such as this fellow) who purposely use code, and refuse to express themselves directly, as a manipulative trick. By pretending that everyone else is supposed to recognize what he really means by whatever he says, he tries to sidestep being responsible for either what he says, and/or what he does, as well as whether the two match up or not.

In other words, he recognizes that you are carefully conscientious, and is using that to manipulate you into taking responsibility for HIS actions upon yourself.

Step back, and look carefully, and in a relaxed way, and you will see that you do not, in fact, control his actions in any way. HE is who decides to behave as badly as he does. No matter what you do or do not do, he is still the one who decides what he does to respond, not you. Therefore, when he implies as he does, that you caused his bad behavior, he is a LIAR.
 for4rums_loner_here
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:22:35 AM
""""""""""""""""""""
I would have responded with "Who is this?"

Gto you don't sound arrogant. You sound normal.
""""""""""""""""""""

WTF does GTO stand for.
 for4rums_loner_here
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:29:21 AM
""""""""""""""
Clearly you have no swag fo sho. LOL..
My 12 years old would be interested tutoring you..Call for pricing..
""""""""""""""

I am in no hurry to go to jail... and I prefer, always have, older women.

Can you convince my grandmother, instead of your young offspring, to teach me new age stuff? I'll pay in liquid gold, or with hot lunches. I mean this.

P.s. Yesterday I bought my first Blue Tooth earpiece. It's still in the package, I am too heady with excitement to open it just yet.

Edit: I mentioned the BTP just to show how much of a Luddite I am.
 Mikare
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:59:57 AM
Love is a big scary thing. If it's internalized, the expression can cause a run and hide effect. He expressed, he ran, and he hid.....
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/7/2013 6:04:58 AM
love is a verb, requires action. If you loved you "that much" then more than likely you two would still be together. Just words, on in this case, just letters. they went all out, huh? lol
 for4rums_loner_here
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/7/2013 6:08:40 AM
"""""""""""""""""""""""
ove is a verb, requires action. If you loved you "that much" then more than likely you two would still be together. Just words, on in this case, just letters. they went all out, huh? lol
"""""""""""""""""""""""

I went schizophrenic for that very reason, too... I could not love me, so I split up and went my different ways... I sometimes think of me still, but less and less often.
 for4rums_loner_here
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/7/2013 6:14:59 AM
CureCurious, I think grandly of you, because you did come down and admitted that you were not clear for a while, and you do admit that you made a mistake.

Even very great men and very great women have problems doing so, when it is clearly the case with them. You showed you are a moral giant by being capable of admitting wrongdoing.

Not that you hurt anyone, so you did not do "wrong" in the bad sense, but wrongdoing in the "perspective" sense, which is not moral or ethical wrongdoing, but just a mistake.

So I applaud you for your moral fortitude for being able to say "I was wrong".

Well done.

You are a morally very solid person, and what else can a person be in life if she is not that.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 8:25:24 AM

I am in no hurry to go to jail... and I prefer, always have, older women.

I said tutoring, not sure why would you go to jail for that.
Older women probably won't know as much "slang" as my daughter does.
And I also wondering about GTO..But still stuck on DYHMILANMY..Nobody answered me about that..
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/7/2013 2:17:20 PM
If you're gonna divorce yourself, I think it's best to have a pre-nup.
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 2:23:35 PM
I would just text back GTHYSI LMFAO
 slowitalldown
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/7/2013 2:30:00 PM
My response (once I figured out wtf he meant) would have been to say, apparently not at all.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 2:33:24 PM
Number one, there is nothing wrong with having a phone conversation and wishing someone happy birthday. Honey, you should be thanking your lucky stars that this douche went on his merry way because you have avoided what could possibly have been a lifetime of dealing with exceedingly childish and petty behavior, whoohoo.

Someone will show up who one, won't text you any asinine shit, ever, he won't be afraid to tell you how he feels, or manipulate you by withholding those words. That guy's worth waiting for, this one, not worth crossing the street.
 IEatBlueCrayons
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/7/2013 4:24:31 PM
I don't really like to express my feelings either, and if they are there It would prolly take a girl's departure to acknowledge them. But with that texting 'DYKHMILY' would be the wrong way to reengage her.
--or--
DYKHMILYNLHS (now let's have sex) would be my agenda...
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:10:48 PM
GTO is the first three letters of the handle of the poster she was responding to, lol! Be Here Now. . . .

The answer to the original question would be: Yes. Not at all. Go away.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:34:19 PM

So imagine u're in a relationship, s/he never verbalises their love for u.. being critical or just indifferent... then the elationship ends and they send u a text msg with DYKHMILY?" (Do you know how much i loved you?). You pull them up about it what the hell they meant by that, why now? And they don't own up and just ignore it...

How would u feel?

Humored. (Someone was drunk-texting or off their meds.)

Would u be pissed?

No, I don't waste that much emotion on those who aren't worth my emotions.

happy?

Happy to be rid of someone who's clearly not worth my time.

relieved?

Yep. Relieved to be rid of someone who's emotionally bankrupt.

~OP~ I'd suspect that person had too many and chalk the text up to a night of drunk texting. I'd not take anything written in acronyms seriously. That's just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high-schoolish for my taste. JMO
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How would u feel about 'DYKHMILY"?