Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you date a bald guy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 middle14
Msg: 26
Would you date a bald guy?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Yes I would. I would prefer a man that is bald or has a short haircut over a man with a comb over.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 27
Would you date a bald guy?
Posted: 11/27/2014 2:29:53 PM

No, never
 jpwrnglrwmn
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/28/2014 4:19:56 PM
I'd prefer one over one that has a comb over, too. Personality plays a big part in it, too. Not generally attracted to ones who are, but I'm sure there are many women that are!
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2014 4:24:01 PM

No, never

You wouldn't even give him a chance? But I'm sure he's a nice guy on the inside!
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/28/2014 5:02:27 PM
Haha PJ...no OLD hasn't made me that desperate yet, but I'm sure you're right, it's the inside that counts
 cooldog65
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2014 2:31:29 AM
Embrace it, dude. Shave it ALL off totally smooth.

I did that 15 years ago and haven't looked back.

Grow a kick-azz goatee and consider an earring.

Grew the goatee in 1990 along with the mullet. Gave up the mullet in 1998 and the goatee in 2001. 1984 for my first piercing and 1993 for my 3rd piercing on each ear.
 Perspektiv
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/7/2014 5:36:17 AM
From being a bald guy, myself, I can tell you right now it has nothing to do with the hair (or hair loss, for the matter).

I've never had any issues, dating women, and can tell you its all about confidence. I've dated women who loved men with long hair, and found balding men, as a major turnoff.

I'm proud of my bald head, and never cover it up. I don't wear hats (unless its winter), and have no shame in my appearance. I always see bald guys wearing caps, always. It becomes an emotional crutch, and ends up affecting your confidence. I went through that phase at first, but it was short-lived (I started losing my hair, at 23). I decided to throw out all my caps, and embrace it, instead.

I think that until you embrace your baldness, will it start to seem attractive to other women.

Bald can be sexy, but its in how you pull it off.

Go bald, gracefully.

Comb overs, spiking your hair, any of that--just makes you look like you're clinging onto whatever you have left, for dear life. Its the male equivalent, of a plus sized girl, in denial, and wearing a dress 3 sizes too small.

Just like she should embrace her curves, and compliment them, you should embrace your hair loss.

Keep the hair short (no need to razor shave it), you could just cut it at the shortest length, and leave a little stubble.

You'll barely notice it, and as a result, your confidence will grow.

Stop wearing hats!
 MasterOfReality84
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/7/2014 10:52:32 AM
Advice from a fellow early balder: Stop worrying about it, you can't do nothing to change it, even transplants won't last forever. Life is too short to be worried about looks.
 dinno76
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/17/2014 2:54:55 PM
Men go bald women go bald .part of the aging process.
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/19/2014 11:43:12 PM
Many "smart" women date, have relationships and marry bald guys.

Those that think that 'thinning hair' has anything to do with libido are uneducated and cutting down their choices.

Bruce Willis
The Rock - Dwayne Johnson
Vin Diesel
Jason Statham
 tall_fit
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/20/2014 8:07:23 AM

Yes. I would prefer a man that is bald or has a short haircut over a man with a comb over.

Agreed. Some bald men are very handsome.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2014 8:00:53 AM
(Go bald, gracefully.

Comb overs, spiking your hair, any of that--just makes you look like you're clinging onto whatever you have left, for dear life. Its the male equivalent, of a plus sized girl, in denial, and wearing a dress 3 sizes too small.)

Totally agree!

I've dated 3 men who had shaved heads:

GUY #1: Black guy who wasn't going bald, but preferred a shaved head. He had a nice shaped head and nice facial bone structure...I personally find black men without hair more appealing.

GUY #2: White guy who wasn't going bald, just wanted to try something different. The entire year we dated, I had never seen him with hair. A year later after we broke up, he contacted me to go out to dinner. When I saw him, he had grown his hair...full head, but it was very fine. I honestly didn't find him attractive with hair, LOL! To me, he looked like a completely different person, physically not my type at all.

GUY #3: White guy...he's extremely blond. I honestly couldn't tell if he had a receding hairline or not...with his high cheekbones/chiseled facial features and blue/green eyes, his bald head was HOOOOOTTT!

These are men that I dated when I was between 28-39 y/o...I feel like seeing a man of any age/ethnicity with a shaved head has become more common within the past 10-15 years. So much better than the baseball cap or comb over!

I'd rather date a man with a shaved head (whether by choice or because he's balding) as opposed to a guy with a full head of hair that is long.
 petula1908
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/22/2014 11:35:21 AM
Actually when men are balding especially prematurely. does it not mean they have plenty of male testosterone???? It is a hereditary trait and cant be avoided.

Baldness is not an issue for me at all, if the man has plenty else going on for him. To shave it all off can be preferable to the thinning and the desperate comb over that some guys employ. Lets not talk about the bad auburn, or midnight black, toupee.
 grover14
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2015 11:05:52 AM
I have a full head of hair but I shave my head every day. Several reasons, including a dermatitis condition that disappears if I shave. It comes down to, I like how it looks and feels. No more white hair. I have no problem getting dates, and I get compliments on my bald head often. So, some women love it, some don't like it, but the majority accept it.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/7/2015 11:11:38 AM
Ive dated men who shaved their head. It looked good on them because there was still a bit of a shadow, not the high-shine bald (which is not so much my thing). It also worked because they had very angular, masculine faces with high cheek bones and square jaw lines and they were clean-shaven, or a little stubble at the very most. The no-hair on top look just accentuated that, sooooo hot. Perspektiv, message 36, is a good example of that, he TOTALLY pulls off the bald head, very handsome. I think black men or darker-skinned ethnic men can pull off a bald look much better than the average white guy. But then again, they are more my thing to begin with, so I'm biased.

When I browse through profiles, a lot of the faces I see look so much alike - bald/ish, round face, soft/pudgy/undefined jaw line, scraggly beard or whatever facial hair. Just not a turn on for me. Guys should keep their jaw line crisp and angular, then they can pull off the bald head much better IMO.
Posted: 1/7/2015 11:24:39 AM
Had long hair for a while. Forehead got a little higher, which wasn't so bad, but eventually I was getting thin on top, so my solution was to just cut it all off. I figure that keeping it shaved would be too much trouble and so unnecessary though - I just periodically set the clippers to the closest setting and go over all of it. Done. Just a tidy burr. (not one of the pics in my profile)
 Ishi_07
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/8/2015 12:06:51 AM
I think bald guys are hot.. :)
 OtisGreening
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/8/2015 11:47:14 AM
what kind of question is this!??! completely ridiculous. and yes, I would date a bald guy.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/8/2015 11:58:20 AM

Black hair was below average and red hair finished dead last, way behind the others.

No way - I LOVE black hair. My favorite hair color on men, attracts me like a magnet. NOt into blond AT ALL. Like NO WAY. Red seems to be a thing for some guys though. I'm not a redhead, but in certain lighting conditions, my hair looks red. I get tons of mail from redhead fetishists. Creepy.
 cooldog65
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2015 5:23:18 PM
Karma...

I'm not a redhead, but in certain lighting conditions, my hair looks red.

Would that make you a strawberry blonde?

My Japanese side of the family has black hair and my Caucasian side has mostly blond(e) hair. Mine is dark brown, though the top of my head is mostly flesh colored.
 AlienHumanHybrid
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/9/2015 7:15:53 AM
Men with a full head of hair are inherently evil and will treat you badly. :)

OK -that's a lie.
 grover14
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2015 11:41:40 AM
Ladies, forget running your fingers through a guys hair, run your hands across a baby butt smooth head! If you pay too much attention to a guys hair, you might just miss the most wonderful guy you will ever meet. Bald can be beautiful.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/20/2015 8:10:32 PM
I'm tired of chicks only wanting me for my bald head.
 grover14
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2015 10:00:09 AM
Me too! It's a curse.
 gfe0787
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/27/2015 1:11:05 PM
Yes, I would. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
I think most people have something they're self conscious about, but there's always someone out there who doesn't really notice or care about whatever the first person is feeling inadequate about.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you date a bald guy?