Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Lack of sexual experience. It is a turn off?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

doesn't matter if the ratio is 1:1....
there is absolutely no proof to show that the average number of sexual partners for both genders is equal..

Yes there is. It's been spelled out for you. The concept's simple, too. When you have an equal # of men & women, the # of women men had sex with is going to be = # of men women had sex with.

Take the 20 women, 20 men island scenario. You realize the average is Always going to be the same for each gender as a whole, right? Mix it up how you want. I'll mail you $10,000 if you can find a combination of vaginal intercourse between men & women, where men average more than women. You can't. It's as simple as 2+2=4. Your scenario where 19 women had no sex, and 1 gal had sex with all 20 men -- the overall average for women was 1, and the overall average for men was 1. If you do not understand this, you need to understand what Average (aka Mean) means.

You realize an average is the Total # of women men had sex with, Divided by the # of men, right? Or are you redefining it differently?
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Lack of sexual experience. It is a turn off?
Posted: 9/24/2018 8:56:39 PM
If it was equal our genitals would look more like chimps but they look more like gorillas who have harems of females but the females occasionally cheat/are poly.
Literally all the evidence points to men having more sexual partners and more off spring than women. Idk why this is still being debated lol.

Norwegian average is irrelevant even tho mens is higher. It is the average most common amount aka mode. Not the overall average.
 ssm508
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 9:11:42 PM

Literally all the evidence points to men having more sexual partners and more off spring than women. Idk why this is still being debated lol.

Even the author of at least one of these surveys questioned if the results was 100% accurate. I still maintain we won't know the exact number of average sex partners based on some studies.
 ssm508
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 10:03:01 PM
Here is an article that talks about the reasons why the average amount of sex partners for men is higher on these surveys and the possible flaws of these surveys. The following is from portions of the article.

There are three approaches to explaining the gap. The first focuses on sampling explanations, such as underrepresentation of sex workers, age mixing, and inclusion of partners who are nonresident in the population. Sexual partners who usually live abroad were ineligible for Natsal. Men were more likely than women to report having had new partners while abroad in the five years prior to interview,

The second explanation focuses on gender differences in accounting strategies and recall, observing that less accurate estimation strategies are associated with higher numbers. . A female tendency to enumerate (count instances) leads to lower estimates, while a male tendency to approximate leads to overestimates.

The third explanation focuses on misreporting due to intentional or unintentional “false accommodation” to perceived gendered norms and expectations. Fear of social disapproval for transgressing gender norms may lead men to overreport and women to underreport their lifetime partners

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00224499.2018.1481193
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 11:00:19 AM

Norwegian average is irrelevant even tho mens is higher. It is the average most common amount aka mode. Not the overall average.

Men don't have a higher average. It's ~same as women's. The author of that article even admitted it. His point that it was irrelevant is because It's a Given That It Is The Same, when you are talking about a 1:1 ratio. That's his reason it's "irrelevant". I don't agree, but I see where he's coming from on it. He makes the mistake believing that just about everyone Knows that both genders' averages are the same.

His point is to Not look at the average, but a typical # instead. I disagree with that. But even he points out that the survey info isn't completely reliable... because the average is OFF. If it was ON, the average # for men as a whole would be ~same for women. Since it was DOUBLE for men, it was skewed -- hence, you can't Count on that survey to get the real typical/common # for men & women. His point was that the typical/common # Is The thing to aim for, which I disagree with, but that's a whole other discussion.
 julystorm22
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 1:08:16 PM
I understand that the average will be the same but the point I was trying to make earlier was that the median will show more than the average. I just used the word mean instead of median by accident. I suspect, and I don't have the reference to back it up, that there are more men with higher numbers than women with higher numbers. If I was to conduct such a study, I would divide the respondents ages 30 and up into 8 groups:

1) men who have had sex with no women
2) women who have had sex with no men
3) men who have had sex with 1 to 5 women
4) women who have had sex with 1 to 5 men
5) men who have had sex with 6 to 25 men
6) women who have had sex with 6 to 25 men
7) men who have had sex with 26 or more men
8) women who have had sex with 26 or more men

Some women will be in the high group (Group 8) but not nearly as many as the men in Group 7. And I think that there are more men in Group 1 than there are women in Group 2. And while you might get an average number of like 15 for example for men, the majority of men will have a number much lower or higher than the average.
 2ufo
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 1:09:08 PM

If it was equal our genitals would look more like chimps but they look more like gorillas who have harems of females but the females occasionally cheat/are poly.

Try again, Sienna.
Human genitals are more like chimps than gorillas.
And, really, not like either exactly.

Nor is 'averaging' the number of men vs women sexual partners.
The only relevance is the person you're interested in.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 4:16:48 PM

I understand that the average will be the same but the point I was trying to make earlier was that the median will show more than the average.

It could. Problem is, as I point out, all the surveys done have men with much higher #s -- so one can't feed off of it. Just as we are effectively but falsely conditioned to believe that men slept with more women than women slept with men, our "gut" can't be trusted either to go by the existence of any other Significant distance.

But if I were in Vegas, and God himself had the Real answer -- I would bet along the lines that you did when you put them in the High - Middle - Low categories, where there's more guys in the high & low, and more women in the middle. Personally though, I don't think the median is that far off from the mean (average). But I wouldn't bet the farm on that, especially if one was going to note any Significant difference. After all, this is what this is all about, right?

Guys who go out to the social bars at night, I would bet have slept around with a lot of gals, on average. And the girls who do as well, have taken a lot of laps in the pool, too. But among the combined social bars at night -- there's always going to be significantly More guys than gals. The "art" form in going out to bars is to avoid sausage-fests. There is no "art" in women learning how to avoid chick-fests. Given that, I think that's where the assumption that men sleep with more women than men comes from. There's more playa/horny/frisky men than women out there, as there's just more men than women out there. So if I'm a gal, I can definitely see the assumption that men sleep with more VS girls. Sure, there's girls out here who have high #s -- but my POV would be that this is where "all" the guys hang out, and definitely not all the girls.
 julystorm22
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 6:15:05 PM
There's also another possibility and that's that of the population studied, there are many men having sex with women not in the included population. Namely prostitutes, both inside and outside the country. Its not quite known just how many men use prostitutes and at what frequency but that might alter the numbers a great deal. Obviously there's a real market for prostitution because there's prostitutes everywhere. And prostitutes, because they often exists within the underbelly of society would not likely be filling out sex partner surveys.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2018 3:14:27 AM

Try again, Sienna.

LOL no they aren't. Obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
Female chimps have a large genital display and males have huge testes.
Only thing slightly similar is penis size but it may be partially explained by humans not having a penile bone.
Humans have smaller testes and smaller female genital display, like gorillas.
 ssm508
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2018 7:35:40 AM

There's also another possibility and that's that of the population studied, there are many men having sex with women not in the included population. Namely prostitutes, both inside and outside the country.

The article I referred mentioned this as one of the possible reasons for the difference in average reported sex partners in these studies. Although the women not included in the population isn't necessarily just prostitutes. That could range from an 1 night stand with a woman that was a tourist to an actual relationship a man had with a woman while he was living in a different country or geographic area.
 2ufo
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2018 10:34:33 AM

Try again, Sienna.

LOL no they aren't. Obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
Female chimps have a large genital display and males have huge testes.
Only thing slightly similar is penis size but it may be partially explained by humans not having a penile bone.
Humans have smaller testes and smaller female genital display, like gorillas.

*sigh*
You really have a pathological problem with trying to be right all the time … when you're usually wrong.

Genetically, humans are more closely related to bonobos and chimpanzees than they are to gorillas.
(And, by the way, chimps are more closely related to humans than they are to gorillas).

Human males have testes that are twice as large as gorillas (and about half the size of bonobos and chimps).
Penis averages are: gorillas - 3 cm, bonobos/chimps - 8 cm, and humans - 13cm.

Sexual dimorphism in humans is closer to chimps/bonobos - where males are slightly larger than females - than it is to gorillas - where the male is easily twice the size of the female.

Female breast size is largest in human, then chimps and the female genitalia is similar in humans and chimps. The human female genitalia is hidden because we are bipedal (thus the lack of a 'large genital display'). Maybe the sway of the butt is the human 'genital' display.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2018 11:20:46 AM

Its not quite known just how many men use prostitutes and at what frequency but that might alter the numbers a great deal. Obviously there's a real market for prostitution because there's prostitutes everywhere.

Yep. And they're women (us men WISH there was a market for that for us - lol). Which makes me not buy too much into the whole "all the really high #s are men". You have strippers, too who will put-out like semi-automatics, and for $$ too. And I also do think there are a # of women who are on the low-end of #s, but I agree, since it's Easier for a woman to have sex, the # of virgins is probably higher for guys... but I can easily see the women who want to keep it low, keeping it low, too.

The distribution isn't some perfect bell curve that's the same among men & women, no. But I don't think it's all that different. I think there's more variance Among Women and Among Men, than between men & women. That's why I roll my eyes at the Mars/Venus books. It plays into a sub-culture of certain types and how we "classically" see men & women and "how they are", but IRL, when you have a lot of dating experiences and you taste-test many women -- they Vary. A Lot. A LOT. Ya can't stereotype, for better or worse. But we Like to think men & women "fit" some guessable role. It's how we're wired. Just like thinking men's overall average # of women is > women's overall average # of men.
 julystorm22
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2018 9:19:41 PM
I still say most women do not have high numbers. Maybe a quarter have slept with many men. Most of the women I have known have spent the majority of their adult lives either in longterm relationships or rather celibate. I've known a few though who have slept with many men.

There are a lot of men who easily have numbers in the 50+. I don't think you find nearly the same number of women in the 50+.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2018 10:43:09 PM
All you proved is humans are somewhere between which basically supports what I said.
Also you only mentioned penis size which I already discussed. Human testes are not that large and female genitals also not large.
Look this is written by a man with a phd who works at the University of london

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-imprinted-brain/201703/it-s-the-mode-men-have-more-sex-partners%3famp
 2ufo
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2018 11:00:00 AM

All you proved is humans are somewhere between which basically supports what I said.

No. You said that ...

... If it was equal our genitals would look more like chimps but they look more like gorillas
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 10:09:38 PM
Good old fashioned gullibility quashes any study.
Maybe you should ask someone involved in this
new movement sweeping the world and find out
just how important this inane question really is.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2018 10:50:53 AM
I like guys with more experience that know how to show it.
Nothing more unnatractive than a guy who is not confident and doesn't know how to seduce his woman.

I have dated a virgin once, never again! lol
 Tech30
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2018 8:25:02 AM
The high numbers men have kind of make me sad. If he's had so many women, that would make me not so special at all"

Thats not true. You're looking at it the wrong way.

If a man had a lot of partners (whatever a lot is to you) and then he meets you and you make him want you as his last partner, then you're something special. If you dont make a man feel like he wants you to be his last, then you're just a dime a dozen like all the rest.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2018 9:44:46 AM
Nahhh if he doesn't see you as amazing straight away he isn't worth your time at all.
Do not wait around to see if a guy will suddenly see how special you are.
The right one will see it straight away and will also not use women like toilet paper.
 Tech30
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2018 10:00:13 AM
Women cant be used unless they allow it.

And yes a man will see it pretty fast and realize this one is different , but if he doesnt, it means you arent for him in the long run.
You're right that a women or man for that matter shouldnt have to keep being strung along in hopes of being the one. People know fairly quickly if they want someone for the long run or not.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2018 10:52:02 AM

Women cant be used unless they allow it.

I would say "People can't be Noticeably used, or to be Continued to be used in Any way, unless they allow it." A person can end up slipping into a situation that's set Up to be used without really knowing it, and not realize it / be used until after they've developed some feelings -- which can unfortunately let themselves Allow being used. Which then becomes sort of like weighing the joys of being more in shape VS good 'ol chocolate cake. :)

That said, a lot of times people are being "used" or in a bad situation off the bat. But they want to be the different one, they want to "win". And when they don't, they blame the other gender too often.

And yes a man will see it pretty fast and realize this one is different , but if he doesnt, it means you arent for him in the long run.

I think it's a matter of emotion over logic kicking in. One of the reasons why I say never blindly trust your "gut". We never count it as your "gut" when it steers you wrong. It's many times one's ascertations as Monday Morning QB that's erroneously labeled as your "gut" because they Also had some of those thoughts in the back of their mind. I've seen guys go down some really dumb rabbit holes, tho. The gal being much better looking than a gal he could feasibly get.

People know fairly quickly if they want someone for the long run or not.

I would say if their attraction is set for the long-run. And physical attraction has more pull than people like to admit to themselves (as I've repeated before that it naturally shapes some other attributes in a positive way too). I would instead say that people know fairly quickly if they want someone enough to go down the road that Can Lead to the long-run. Although if they yearn for an LTR or feel "empty" not being in an LTR (a weakness) -- then yeah, your statement would be more fitting.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2018 11:23:49 AM
I think there are different systems on how it works depending on what a person is looking for and their emotional availability.
If they are looking for sex but have high emotional availibility you get these scenarios where it is a FWB like situation where they want it to be more than just FWB with the person or they decide they can't do it anymore as emotionally they can't stand it.
People with lower emotional availability can do fwb and casual sex easily.
They also can date casually easier and are more fussy with who they date and probably break up easily.
Just because they are not swayed by becoming easily enamoured with the person they date.
It's comppetely pointless dating guys with low emotional availability because nothing is ever good enough and they can lose interest easily.

That's why I say the ones who can use women like toilet paper are low quality men. It is not a case of the women they sleep with or date not being good quality, it is that 1. They don't value or respect women which is a deep lack of a core value. 2. They can't love/are emotionally unavailable. This makes the guy himself low quality and a waste of time for most women to bother with.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/3/2018 5:09:39 PM
Who cares what a RACIST STUPID WHORE SAY?

Has anyone ever seen a stupid **** record for her mom, then claim her mom wants to kill her without reporting it?

Have you ever seen a bitch dating a BF for years, break up with him for 4, but continue having sex with him?

HAVE you ever seen a stupid bitch never got a proposal after letting a guy to cum USE HER body for 9 years?

Have you ever seen a hooker the more you puts down, the more she comes for more?

SO, never stick you****in a ****
never talk sexually with a ****.

She is suicidal and her mom said social services are going to be involved if she had a baby

She CANNOT have one, otherwise the government will take it

It shows how danger the animal is

She might claim tomorrow someone in the forum tried to rap her over the phone.

The racist stupid animal does not want to get a treatment.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/3/2018 8:24:45 PM

That's why I say the ones who can use women like toilet paper are low quality men. It is not a case of the women they sleep with or date not being good quality, it is that 1. They don't value or respect women which is a deep lack of a core value. 2. They can't love/are emotionally unavailable. This makes the guy himself low quality and a waste of time for most women to bother with.

I agree with you... I have had the honor of meeting the kind of men who could use their good looks and charm to easily use women if they wanted to, but they had character and did not do that. These men may have actually had emotional availability issues, but still it did not translate into having meaningless encounters/situations with women.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >