Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I'm going to break up with her because the only thing she is willing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CharminC
Msg: 26
I'm going to break up with her because the only thing she is willing to do is movies and dinnerPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
She wouldn't even come to watch the Super Bowl with my family because "she doesn't like sports".
-If your family is anything like your whiny self, it's a nice way of saying she doesn't want to hang with them

What kind of girl refuses to do either?
-The kind that speaks her mind.

She thinks we are headed towards marriage
- Is this your bloated imagination thinking out loud or has she actually said she wants to marry you? I'm surprised if she does.

and I'm trying to decide should I do this before or after V day next week. Am I wrong here?
- No, you're just an ass

I partly look at her as mentally disabled that she is so miserable doing anything that's not her "thing. I feel bad for her.
- I feel bad for her too....................for putting up with you. I wouldn't be surprised if this is why she's refusing to go out with you, a man who whines that she isn't doing what he wants, calls her mentally disabled and has a profile on a dating site looking for her replacement while pondering whether to dump her before or after V day.

Do her a big favor, dump her. You don't deserve her.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 27
I'm going to break up with her because the only thing she is willing to do is movies and dinner
Posted: 2/7/2013 9:50:42 AM

I would get back with the one you left just before Christmas who had the gay guy come and share her bedroom. Sounds like the OP has a tough time with holidays and gift giving.

There IS a pattern emerging... could be coincidence, to be fair, but it's pretty funny either way.

Anyway, I still come down firmly on, break up now, don't wait.
 perre62
Msg: 28
I'm going to break up with her because the only thing she is willing to do is movies and dinner
Posted: 2/7/2013 10:09:44 AM
Selfish, self-centered jerk comes to mind...
You, that is...
 tnt144
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/7/2013 10:58:48 AM
I remember you making a thread about her not wanting to go to concerts.

Let me give you a few thoughts:

One of the most important things men need from a woman in a relationship is recreational companionship.

One of the most important and necessary personality traits for any relationship is flexibility. You need to seriously explore how giving and easy to get along with this woman is in all areas of life - it's vital long term.

Just no concerts is one thing - but only dinners and movies? You may have a serious problem here, and this might even be why you found her single - perhaps she is not compatible - with almost anybody. I'm really sorry to give you the bad news. Feel free to message me for more if you wish.

Just because they are beautiful and breathing does not automatically qualify them as good relationship material - for anybody.
 bmore_goat
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 11:25:44 AM
Well if you do get married, make sure the Gay roommate has his own bed!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/7/2013 11:32:43 AM

One of the most important things men need from a woman in a relationship is recreational companionship.

This is news. According to who?
 tnt144
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/7/2013 12:18:36 PM

This is news. According to who?

- The book His Needs Her Needs, by Harley.

He has a list of men's and women's different wants/needs. But I should have qualified my answer better, I should have substituted the word "want" instead of "need", I don't think it is as important as he states. But I will say that some of my most memorable young daydreams of relationships are of a woman I once had a crush on with me where I enjoy my favorite activity - but not necessarily doing the activity. So, yes, I am possitive it is true to certain extent.

This is probably one of those areas where women and men differ, if only slightly, which is why it may not compute for you.

However, the bottom line is this - most people have a huge list of activities they do or would like to do... I'll bet most of you could come up with a hundred if you tried - and two people who are easy to get along with could find a lot of the same things they can do together from those lists.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/7/2013 1:26:59 PM
Well OP, if you NEED your woman to join you at such events and she wont, then Yes...break it off.

Far better to end things then to insult her on a public forum and call her derogotory names for not enjoying the same events as you.
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/7/2013 1:52:33 PM
I agree, I think you should break up with her and remain single because I would have a concern she might reproduce...
 auntyemm
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/7/2013 1:58:13 PM
Did you call her mentaly disabled WOW.If i were her i wouldn,t go anywhere with you.So what about concerts and the superbowl (which is over rated anyway)There are plenty of other things out there for you guys to do
 Midwest_Southwest
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/7/2013 2:00:05 PM
You don’t like her.
It would be deceptive of you to continue in a relationship with her.
 Geleven
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/7/2013 2:14:11 PM
Lol, you're calling her mentally retarded and wondering if you should break up with her because she doesn't want to do what you want to do all the time.... who's the mentally retarded one?
 MsMaggieMay
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/7/2013 3:25:00 PM
I would rather chew on a mixture of broken glass and nails then watch sports. So if this was a deal breaker for a guy I don't know if I would feel more amused or dismayed. You have guy friends for a reason. Take them to a sporting even or watch the game with them. Gosh I wouldn't expect a guy to go shopping with me and make this a deal breaker.

You look at someone who finds sports as boring as watching paint dry mentally disabled??? Wow! Gotta say that's the first time I heard that one.
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/7/2013 3:31:00 PM
No need for all the hating. It's not like this behavior is a surprise, right? I mean, you've been together long enough for her to think it is serious. Next time, speak up early and if things do not change in a way you like, and remain that way, move on. No one is responsible for your situation but you.

At the same time, be careful about what is "unacceptable" to you. You will never find anyone who is perfect. Someone who won't spend time with your family, that's serious. Someone who does not share two of your hobbies--maybe not such a big deal. Just weigh things and then decide--and if it matters, you bring it up; if it doesn't, you let it go.

Good luck!
 jan1025
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 3:47:31 PM
Why are you saying this on here! You are 38 years old, come on.... If you continue to do concerts and worship sports until your 80 you're going to be one of those boring guys that never change that remain the same, and will never experience a new interest! ok, so she doesn't enjoy those things, maybe she did when she was younger (like most of us). I have my pile of concert tickets..... somewhere. I used to be a big steeler's fan to point of wearing the underwear and the jersey, and the terrible towel... The point I am trying to make is a person who isn't able to move on and experience something new is one boring person with that same old boring mentality. Life is too short to stay with one or two interest forever. You might consider her "mentally disabled", but dude so are you! Actually, you both are more of match then what you realize because you will never reinvent yourself, ever!

ok, now that I said that, sorry for being straight-up, but you need to see the other side of the coin, the other equation.

If you love her, you will allow her to be herself, period. It's called unconditional love, and if you can't love her unconditionally because sports and concerts are your mistress, then she is the one that should say bye, bye...

You don't have any idea what marriage is about, seriously.

The end.
Jan
 packagedealx3
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 3:47:35 PM
It is really taking you this long to break up when you are completely unsuited to each other, grow a set and do it already.
 prime ribb
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/7/2013 4:30:19 PM
I remember a girl I was dating one time didn't like clubs or going out. She liked being a homebody and we just stayed at home and I would go to club or bar with friends instead when she had to work. We had that understanding between us. Perhaps you and her need to sit down and talk and decide what the next step is before you decide to move on.
 ripcurl7772
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/7/2013 4:44:41 PM
We have dated 7 months or so now. I got past the concert thing, then wanted to go to a hockey game and realized she wasn't going to want to go. I go to two sporting events a year. But I sat at the hockey game and thought of the other 7 girls I have bought to games over the last 20 years, and all of them came up with the idea before me, or I only had to ask once. Basically every date we have is this, (dinner ...movies...someones apt and sex). (see you in 3 days for the same thing!). Its gotten old. FOr the life of me I cant understand why she is so miserable doing anything she isnt into. Watching the superbowl? REally? that difficult? I dont even like football but I go because its fun to see everyone. My whole life I had girls I dates that went to concerts, went to sporting events, even girls that took me to strip clubs. THis one goes to dinner and movies....dinner and movies...its winter so I get we dont have a million options...so go to a concert for an hour it wont ruin your life!
 tnt144
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:05:12 PM
She won't do ANYTHING else? - no visits to friends and family, get-togethers/holidays, no church, no bowling, no golf, no outside activities, no parks, no trips, no weekend getaways, no vacations, no zoos, no fairs, no... nothing?
 FairOaksChick
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:05:31 PM
I thought most people grew out of the concert rush in their 20's. It seems that lately all you are doing is looking for excuses to leave her. You have plenty so just leave her. No need to feel guilty, since hopefully she knows that you would have really liked for her to attend at least some of these events with you.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 5:36:40 PM
In the first place I think it says alot about you (and others) to call her mentally disabled just because you don't understand her. In the second place, why does she think you are headed for marriage while you don't seem to have any feelings for her other than the negative ones you are expressing? In the third place, you do not feel bad for her. Have you talked to her about this? If this has been going on long enough for her to be thinking marriage, then you should have talked to her long ago. You need to man up and either talk to her about it or break it off. Try to do it in a mature and sensitive way without calling her names like mentally disabled.
 ripcurl7772
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/7/2013 6:28:52 PM
She can't eat at many restaurants if they dont cook it perfect, she will never go again, the same places other girls love, she wont go away over night due to working 6 days a week and seeing her family every saturday,she is just extremely diffucult. My dad is 70 and his gf goes to concerts every month with him...and they do everything together. I feel like im dating a old fart.
 auntyemm
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/7/2013 6:35:50 PM
your something else.If she works 6 days a week then No she can,t go away over night.Just dump her then.Why don,t you spend time with her and her family or does everything evolve around you
 vnufall
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/7/2013 6:53:07 PM
This girl is not compatable and I want to know, well there has to be some things you find admirable about her. You seem to have spent some time with her. Is she in a good career? She must be good looking and the type maybe you are looking for as the mother of your children. A woman your proud to bring home to your parents? I agree she doesn't sound like she's trying to please you much, if things don't go her way its like she's out of there. Maybe she's not thinking about you as a serious relationship. She sounds immature socially, and no matter who she ends up with will have to learn how to compromise in a relationship or marriage. I would move on if I was you....
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/7/2013 7:05:11 PM
She thinks you are going to marry her and you think she is mentally disabled ! you both dont deserve each other anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I'm going to break up with her because the only thing she is willing to do is movies and dinner