Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I'm going to break up with her because the only thing she is willing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jlynn1955
Msg: 46
view profile
History
I'm going to break up with her because the only thing she is willing to do is movies and dinnerPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
In the first place I think it says alot about you (and others) to call her mentally disabled just because you don't understand her. In the second place, why does she think you are headed for marriage while you don't seem to have any feelings for her other than the negative ones you are expressing? In the third place, you do not feel bad for her. Have you talked to her about this? If this has been going on long enough for her to be thinking marriage, then you should have talked to her long ago. You need to man up and either talk to her about it or break it off. Try to do it in a mature and sensitive way without calling her names like mentally disabled.
 ripcurl7772
Msg: 47
I'm going to break up with her because the only thing she is willing to do is movies and dinner
Posted: 2/7/2013 6:28:52 PM
She can't eat at many restaurants if they dont cook it perfect, she will never go again, the same places other girls love, she wont go away over night due to working 6 days a week and seeing her family every saturday,she is just extremely diffucult. My dad is 70 and his gf goes to concerts every month with him...and they do everything together. I feel like im dating a old fart.
 auntyemm
Msg: 48
I'm going to break up with her because the only thing she is willing to do is movies and dinner
Posted: 2/7/2013 6:35:50 PM
your something else.If she works 6 days a week then No she can,t go away over night.Just dump her then.Why don,t you spend time with her and her family or does everything evolve around you
 vnufall
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/7/2013 6:53:07 PM
This girl is not compatable and I want to know, well there has to be some things you find admirable about her. You seem to have spent some time with her. Is she in a good career? She must be good looking and the type maybe you are looking for as the mother of your children. A woman your proud to bring home to your parents? I agree she doesn't sound like she's trying to please you much, if things don't go her way its like she's out of there. Maybe she's not thinking about you as a serious relationship. She sounds immature socially, and no matter who she ends up with will have to learn how to compromise in a relationship or marriage. I would move on if I was you....
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/7/2013 7:05:11 PM
She thinks you are going to marry her and you think she is mentally disabled ! you both dont deserve each other anyway.
 MsMaggieMay
Msg: 51
Posted: 2/7/2013 8:27:36 PM
What's so great about concerts? Unless you have hundreds of dollars to plunk down on front row seats then you are so far away that you may as well just watch it at home,not to mention that for people with sensitive hearing your ears ring for days after. As for the whole restaurant thing,well they are supposed to cook your food perfectly. That's what you are paying them to do. Why go eat back at a place that cooks shitty food?

You sound like a bratty immature little boy. Grow up. Oh boo friggen hoo my girlfriend doesn't want to watch a stupid boring sports game with me. For frigs sakes go get some male friends to do that with like other men do.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2013 4:00:53 AM

I sat at the hockey game and thought of the other 7 girls I have bought to games over the last 20 years

^^^^^^^^^^
How much of the game did you miss daydreaming about other women?

.its winter so I get we dont have a million options...so go to a concert for an hour it wont ruin your life!

^^^^^^^^
How about stay in and have marathon sex?
Chocolate........
Then more marathon sex?

As I said you just aren't into her.

Please let her go.
 GC_Hayez
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/8/2013 4:28:20 AM

She refuses to go to a concert. Even bands she likes. A sporting event? She wouldn't even come to watch the Super Bowl with my family because "she doesn't like sports". I'm supposed to be with her forever and go to sporting events and concerts alone? I've taken many different girls to games, many took me. What kind of girl refuses to do either? T
She thinks we are headed towards marriage and I'm trying to decide should I do this before or after V day next week. Am I wrong here? I partly look at her as mentally disabled that she is so miserable doing anything that's not her "thing. I feel bad for her.

Dude, I can completely relate to you on this. Last year I dated this one woman who was the exact same way with me. However... she would go with me to do things that I liked doing... but whe we did, all she would do was complain and have a constant scowl on her face.

And funny thing you mentioned sporting events. I had a pair of tickets to a Detroit Lions game last year. And I was gonna take her. I asked her 3 weeks prior to the game to go with me. Then... THE DAY BEFORE THE GAME, she told me that her aunt came over and wanted to do a gilrs night out, and that she was spending the night with her. I figured no big deal. But then she said she was going to get out of it and go with me. So she wanted tme to meet her up at this local bar so she could come home with me, and stay overnight. I was there with her and her aunt. And the entire night... she never once said to her aunt she already had plans.

That's not all... that local bar, I would always go there to watch the road games. I would ask her to go with me. But then she would say, "Why go out there to watch the game? I can fix us something to eat. I can buy us beers."

Little did she know, and I had already made plans in advance to go. And I was being paid to be there. Anytime I would go and do things I liked to do, she'd give me a hard time about it, and put me down about it.

Another thing she did, was that she put me down about being in the up and coming local band I'm. Stating, "You guys will never make it big. You guys are too old to make it big!"

If this woman's making you unhappy... leave her. And since she is making you unhappy, then I would say break-up with her now! The sooner the better. The longer you put it off... the more miserable you'll be. So what if Valentine's Day is just a week away. That's life.
 GC_Hayez
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/8/2013 4:30:31 AM

I thought most people grew out of the concert rush in their 20's. It seems that lately all you are doing is looking for excuses to leave her. You have plenty so just leave her. No need to feel guilty, since hopefully she knows that you would have really liked for her to attend at least some of these events with you.

My brother and sister-in-law are in their 40s. And they've been going to multiple concerts together every year since the day they got married.... 25 years ago today! You're never too old for concerts. Music is ageless!
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2013 9:55:33 AM

I thought most people grew out of the concert rush in their 20's.

^^^^Ha!

We stop liking chocolate and other pleasures too..NOT
WTH??

I just went to a concert last month.I would go every month if tickets didn't start at 90 bucks and climb to 300.
Crowded /crazy/ fun /rock and roll /blue eyed soul for 2 hours.

Never sat down or took a TT break.

I still kick myself in the azz every time I think that I let myself miss PRINCE because I wanted food that week.

It is about the music for me. I rather go with a GF that can enjoy it or alone than have someone sulking or just attending to "make me happy".
 StrykinOut
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/8/2013 10:52:51 AM
I have people I know who like to go to do some things I enjoy, but not most. I call them friends. Marriage or a LTR requires a lot more compatibility. She is going to be upset either way so there is no reason to delay.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2013 1:24:29 PM
Damn she sounds almost perfect...honey I'm going to watch a match at Steve's/the Pub, do you want to come? No...OK, I'll be back later to take you to dinner, or if its a night game...don't wait up for me...

I mean really what more could you ask for? Someone who wants to go with you to all that stuff.

She probably enjoys the quite time.
 Stubidooo
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/8/2013 1:28:15 PM

I haven't dated or been in a relationship with any man who watches the finals of any sports

Now I get it.. you don't get involved with men. That explains a lot.
 moraima
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2013 1:32:06 PM
" I haven't dated or been in a relationship with any man who watches the finals of any sports

Now I get it.. you don't get involved with men. That explains a lot."

FYI, lots of men don't watch the finals of any sports events. Most played sports in school themselves, and enjoyed taking their children to participate in sports. However, their idea of a fun night out does revolve around watching sports on tv.
 GC_Hayez
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/8/2013 3:57:39 PM

this whole thing kinda ticks me off! did you read what you wrote? can you hear how it comes across?
How come she is mentally ill because she doesn't want to attend the same type of events that you do. When do you two go to do things she is interested in? when you have you put yourself out there to experience something you do not enjoy particularly? My guess: NEVER!
You're selfish and judgmental and you want a "stepford wife". I feel bad for her because she is wasting her time and love on a big jerk !

If a man MUST show interest in what his potentioal woman likes... then it should go both ways. Show me a woman who DOESN'T flip out when a man DOESN'T have the same interests as she does... then I'll show you where you can get gas in this country for $.75/barrell!
 Archangel_07
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/8/2013 8:49:47 PM
OP,
you and your girl are not compatible. Find someone else that shares the same interests as you do.
 Be_enchanted
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/8/2013 8:57:44 PM
End it. End it now; you're already convince yourself to do so. Thanks for sharing this tidbit with us.
 rockondon
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2013 9:28:43 AM
I can't imagine wasting the money on a superbowl ticket so someone can have a lousy time.
Talk about idiotic reasons to end a relationship. Does she have to have all the exact same interests you do? If my gf didn't want to go to a sporting event with me I couldn't possibly care less. Dumping her for that would be like her dumping you for not watching a chick flick with her.
This is laughable too...
I'm supposed to be with her forever and go to sporting events and concerts alone?
Apparently so, since you don't seem to have any friends.

I suppose you'll have to dump her and hopefully find another great woman with lots in common with you. You will have to dump her too of course when you discover she doesn't have all the same interests you do. And later on perhaps you will realize that it is better to be alone at a sporting event than it is to be alone in life.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/9/2013 9:36:21 AM

If a man MUST show interest in what his potentioal woman likes... then it should go both ways. Show me a woman who DOESN'T flip out when a man DOESN'T have the same interests as she does... then I'll show you where you can get gas in this country for $.75/barrell!

Here's one. I don't expect nor do I get upset about men who don't like to do what I like. I can do those things alone or with friends - I don't have to be joined at the hip with the person I'm dating. In fact, I want him to have his own stuff so that when it's time for me to have mine, I don't get complaints. You've now been shown one woman.

Sooo...where's this cheap gas you're talking about?

OT, the problem here is that some men will expect their girlfriends to be their social outlet for everything, instead of breaking it up among family, friends, doing things alone (yes, it's not so horrible to enjoy things on your own). For those men, a woman not doing some of the thing he likes to do will be a huge deal.
 MsMaggieMay
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/9/2013 11:40:41 AM

I don't know of one woman who flips when a man doesn't like the same things she likes me included. My sisters and I enjoy going to the bingo on a saturday during the day,if spouse insisted on joining us it would ruin the entire day because it is an activity only for us. I enjoy shopping. Everytime a man has insisted upon going with me it has ruined the entire experience for me. What messed up world and messed up people do you date where everyone must enjoy the same things and have to do every single thing together?
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2013 11:47:51 AM
ripcurl7772

You two are not compatible and it is not necessary to demean her because her approach to relationships is different. But I will say if she isn't willing to compromise somewhat that this relationship is doomed. You probably have made up your mind anways but it is clear this will not work out.
 1destinysprince
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2013 1:43:51 PM
It is apparent that you do not agree on such things and are incompatible in your differences. You need to make up your heart and mind if these things truly will affect your relationship on down the road or will you be able to just love her anyway? I believe you should not marry if these differences are not worked out and maybe offer an compromise, and if she doesn't agree, just remain friends..
 Johnson4555
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/9/2013 1:53:23 PM
Start with: "We need to talk. Something's been bothering me, and it's enough to split us up. I want to be fair to you because I know you are looking for more with me, but I'm not happy as things are, so I want to talk this over."

Talk. Talk. Talk. And if you have already had this talk then...."Sweetheart, remember the talk we had about me not being happy because you won't do anything with me? Well, it hasn't gotten any better. I'm beginning to think we are not compatible, and we should split up. What do you think?"
 tallbrowneyedlady
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/9/2013 1:57:46 PM
Break up now. Why spend a lot of money on VD and pretend to be in love. Just do it and don't look back.
 prime ribb
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/9/2013 3:18:39 PM
The consensus is BREAK UP unless you one of those people who has a Facebook and wants to "front" like he's in a happy relationship. I say leave and keep it real with yourself and her.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I'm going to break up with her because the only thing she is willing to do is movies and dinner