Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I'm going to break up with her because the only thing she is willing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 66
view profile
History
I'm going to break up with her because the only thing she is willing to do is movies and dinnerPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
ripcurl7772

You two are not compatible and it is not necessary to demean her because her approach to relationships is different. But I will say if she isn't willing to compromise somewhat that this relationship is doomed. You probably have made up your mind anways but it is clear this will not work out.
 1destinysprince
Msg: 67
view profile
History
I'm going to break up with her because the only thing she is willing to do is movies and dinner
Posted: 2/9/2013 1:43:51 PM
It is apparent that you do not agree on such things and are incompatible in your differences. You need to make up your heart and mind if these things truly will affect your relationship on down the road or will you be able to just love her anyway? I believe you should not marry if these differences are not worked out and maybe offer an compromise, and if she doesn't agree, just remain friends..
 Johnson4555
Msg: 68
I'm going to break up with her because the only thing she is willing to do is movies and dinner
Posted: 2/9/2013 1:53:23 PM
Start with: "We need to talk. Something's been bothering me, and it's enough to split us up. I want to be fair to you because I know you are looking for more with me, but I'm not happy as things are, so I want to talk this over."

Talk. Talk. Talk. And if you have already had this talk then...."Sweetheart, remember the talk we had about me not being happy because you won't do anything with me? Well, it hasn't gotten any better. I'm beginning to think we are not compatible, and we should split up. What do you think?"
 tallbrowneyedlady
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/9/2013 1:57:46 PM
Break up now. Why spend a lot of money on VD and pretend to be in love. Just do it and don't look back.
 prime ribb
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/9/2013 3:18:39 PM
The consensus is BREAK UP unless you one of those people who has a Facebook and wants to "front" like he's in a happy relationship. I say leave and keep it real with yourself and her.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I'm going to break up with her because the only thing she is willing to do is movies and dinner