Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > "Valentine's day for singles.."      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mermaid140
Msg: 26
Valentine's day for singles..Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I hate Valentines day...

Its stressful and a waste of money....
 Stubidooo
Msg: 27
Valentine's day for singles..
Posted: 2/9/2013 9:40:25 AM

I hate Valentines day... Its stressful and a waste of money....

Awe... you just need to find the right guy.. no stress.. he does everything, night to remember.

I love the holiday.. especially with the women putting up the "seasonal" profile photos whoohooo
 larissan04
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/9/2013 9:54:32 AM
I am going to be alone on valentines day. I am going to treat it just like any other day, because it is.
 Stubidooo
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/9/2013 9:57:16 AM

I am going to be alone on valentines day.

I can feel empathy for the guys who will be alone .. but seriously, if a woman that looks like you is alone, it is clearly by choice.
 Be_enchanted
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/9/2013 10:20:03 AM
I'm more optimistic as have date plans today with someone I thought wasn't interested in me. I'm so looking forward to an enjoyable day and, though won't hold my breath, hope it leads to a third date.

The pessimistic part of me believes he's just lonely and decided to be interested in me because he's feeling a bit frisky. Ugh, wish I had a more positive attitude when it comes to dating men I met online and irl.

I'll just enjoy myself regardless of this pessimism and remember dating is suppose to be fun. Paranoia be gone already!
 Padawan61
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2013 10:51:51 AM
I am going to be alone on valentines day

I can feel empathy for the guys who will be alone .. but seriously, if a woman that looks like you is alone, it is clearly by choice

Exactly. I've noticed forumites who (seriously) aren't looking for a partner ... hop onto threads for holidays and special occasions to declare that they'll be alone. This happened at Christmas and New Year's. Is there a point to such a post?? Is it some form of affirmation of their choices?? If they wanna be alone ... fine ... there's no need to tell the POF world about it. Part of being happy in your choices is not having to feel that you must validated yourself.

Me ... I'm still looking forward to a booty-call.
 Jerilyn
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/9/2013 3:04:00 PM
""I don't pay attention to V Day unless I am already in an established relationship. Since I'm not at this time, it's like any other workday. ""

Sigh, why must Valentines Day only be for lovers? Why don't more single people use it as an excuse/opportunity to approach someone they like? Maybe send them a bouquet of roses or something, instead of just sitting around feeling sorry for themselves?
 rockstar_ocnj
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/9/2013 3:50:13 PM
The same thing I do every Valentine's day. Stay home and relax.

It's just not my holiday. When I can afford it (not this year, pay day is friday, so it's on literally the worst possible day) I'll buy a gf/whoever I'm dating some flowers, get some for my mom and grandmother, but I'm not into the whole you have to have a date thing. It just feels too forced, with too much pressure to impress.

Right now, I have no immediate plans to spend it with anyone, but if that changes, it'll probably just be a home cooked dinner (My cooking is restaurant quality anyway since I learned how to cook by doing it in a restaurant) and watch a movie or something. Or maybe my friend will do what he did last year and throw a single men party, which is really just an excuse for our little group to drink, but that started cuz we all have the same disinterest in the day as anything special. I missed it last year cuz it was a work night before a double, but the stories made it seem like a pretty epic night, I might show up this year if he does it again.
 scottey63
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2013 4:39:15 PM
There is no Valentine's Day for singles. Why do you think you need to do something to participate? It's just a holiday manufactured by the greeting card, florist, and jewelry industries. If it weren't so commercialized, it wouldn't exist.
 Jerilyn
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/9/2013 4:54:59 PM
""There is no Valentine's Day for singles. Why do you think you need to do something to participate? It's just a holiday manufactured by the greeting card, florist, and jewelry industries. If it weren't so commercialized, it wouldn't exist. ""

You don't need to do anything... my comment, for one, goes out to those singles who see Valentines Day as depressing and sit at home feeling extra sorry for themselves for being single. Turn a negative into a positive, then...

Aside from that.... I think everyone hopes to be remembered on Valentines Day no matter what they say.... the only ones who spit on it are the ones who are lonely.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2013 10:25:57 PM

So what are all those singles out there (including me) have planned for V day?
In honor of the global movement, V-Day, I signed up to dance the same dance at 3 different venues, locations and times in the same day and I look forward to it.
 Cutesweetie4ever
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/9/2013 10:28:11 PM
The Holiday is about love and sex...not just sex...and really? What kind of women are posting themselves in sexy undergarments and such...it's obvious what you are seeking...most women have a different perspective...sex comes after you capture her heart and that takes time and true interest in more than just "the goods."
 Cutesweetie4ever
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/9/2013 10:38:46 PM
If someone chooses to spend it alone..it is far better than settling for anything less than you desire. The holiday is about love....and yes sex with that love....not a booty call! Some people are so shallow, stupid and lame! No wonder they talk the way they do.
 Stubidooo
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/10/2013 8:09:51 AM

What kind of women are posting themselves in sexy undergarments and such..

The same ones who make certain there is lots if cleavage in their profile photos I guess...

sex comes after you capture her heart and that takes time and true interest

Oh brother.. not another one.
 Padawan61
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2013 12:20:55 PM
instead of just sitting around feeling sorry for themselves?

But self-pity feels so good when there is a captive POF audience.

sex comes after you capture her heart and that takes time and true interest

Oh brother.. not another one

Some women read too many Harlequin romance novels and start believing it to be how life actually works.
 jenimas
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/10/2013 1:42:58 PM
It's just another day. I'll go about whatever business that comes up, such as I do most other days.
 Maleman999
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/10/2013 2:13:24 PM
The only one getting treats that day is my cat. I view it as a celebration for singles. There's no paying for an over-priced card and having to write a bunch of mushy bullshyt in it that's meaningless to guys and having to pay for an over-priced meal. Guys go through the nonsense hoping to get laid that night. What do they do the rest of the year to get laid?
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2013 2:47:51 PM
I would probably go to a nice restaurant, then again so would everyone else so. Home cooked meal perhaps, Not that it matters because I'm single.

Will just be another day, working late and nothing.
 OzzGirl22
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/10/2013 4:45:03 PM
I always make a special meal with my children (11 & 15).
We started the tradition many years ago and I continued it after the divorce, why?, well because I love good food!
 sushisue
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2013 6:03:25 PM
As a 7th grade teacher I will watch my students giggling and being silly over the Valentine's they give and receive, watch the student council deliver the Valentine's cupcakes I bought each one of my homeroom students, admire the flowers that a few of my fellow female teachers will receive from their boyfriends, husbands or partners and go home to my house and 2 Chihuahuas. It is a school night and since I get up at 5:30 am the next day to prepare for school there will be no Valentine's celebration for me...besides the fact that there is no one to celebrate with, lol! I have become a Valentine's Grinch I guess...:(
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/10/2013 11:28:41 PM
My Valentine's Day "hot date" turned out to be a conservative Republican. He has extremely traditional, sexist views of male and female roles. It was no surprise that we argued over his Republican views, since I am a Democrat and a strong woman.

Today he lashed out at me, attacking me personally, causing me to tear up. I was too proud to let him see me cry. I feel beat up by him. "I hope you had a great time today, too," he texted me this evening. I replied giving him the boot. I'm not willing to live with constant conflict. No point in calling to explain since he loves to argue.

This is why I wrote in my profile: "Those of you who are staunch Republicans, Tea Party members and/or religious zealots can continue browsing right on past me, as you and I have NOTHING in common."

"I'm everything you hate," he joked during our first conversation. I thought he was kidding.
 kj521
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/11/2013 3:43:25 AM
LiterateHiker:
I am so sorry to hear your man turned out be what you don't want or need....it is just sad when that happens.....I am glad you found out now rather than on Valentine's day! No need to ruin a perfectly good holiday with bad memories!

Openingdoors73:
Did you ever consider getting a dog, cat, cute little dwarf hamster, even? I have one of each...I get them all special treats on V-day and they give unconditional love in return!! Well, not the cat....everything is done on her terms!!

Seriously, my long haired chihuahua (the latest, who adopted me!) is quite fun! As a matter, on Valentine's day Toostsie and I are going to put on our matching leapard outfits ( she has an adorable car coat) and we are heading to the dog park. She needs socialization......but you never know where you will find love. Her and I will be keeping our hearts open! You should too, maybe you will lfind love somewhere unexpected!
 Stubidooo
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/11/2013 5:14:20 AM

This is why I wrote in my profile: "Those of you who are staunch Republicans, Tea Party members and/or religious zealots can continue browsing right on past me, as you and I have NOTHING in common."

I know you were upset by things but this is a bad idea. I browse past any profile that contains such negativity. It shows intolerance and that's a very bad trait to have.

People do not have to agree politically... in fact some of the most interesting conversations will be between two people with different views. You need only respect the other persons opinion. It most certainly does not mean you have "nothing" in common.
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2013 10:14:01 AM
Now go post something witty in response like" thanks kj521 maybe a pet is just the unconditional love I am searching for!" Lol

Haha....
But seriously I walked my mates dog about, nobody cared and it was even a cute puppy so. Maybe let her pester woman to start a conversation.

LiterateHiker:
I'm quite surprised that you're views had never popped up in conversations online.
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/11/2013 5:33:17 PM
V-Day is just a Halmark day. Even when I was with someone, didnt want him to spend $80.00 on flowers
that are only gonna die anyway. Not into jewelry.
It's one day, if you really love someone, you show it all the time.
Something special to me would be a massage, or something along those lines.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > "Valentine's day for singles.."