Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > "Valentine's day for singles.."      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spilling_fire
Msg: 67
Valentine's day for singles..Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

In years past I've wallowed in loneliness and self pity while watching Meg Ryan movies, but I'm down on absurd, modern fairytale-type romances at the moment.

That's why the Horror genre (the most awesome genre of all) was invented, right?
Out with the ridiculous romance stories that don't resemble reality.
In with the stories of weekends spent camping and fighting for your life against mobs of zombies!
 BrookeAda
Msg: 68
Valentine's day for singles..
Posted: 2/14/2013 12:16:56 PM
Is it appropriate to wish someone you are conversing with or had a date with Happy Valentines day? Should one call, text or send a message to convey interest or does it appear desperate being alone on this day?
 bottleguy
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/14/2013 12:21:49 PM
I'm not looking for anybody today. Don't want to have to buy last minute gift or anything. I'll wait til this weekend before I begin my search again.
 spilling_fire
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/14/2013 12:43:40 PM

Is it appropriate to wish someone you are conversing with or had a date with Happy Valentines day? Should one call, text or send a message to convey interest or does it appear desperate being alone on this day?

It's perfectly fine to wish someone a Happy Valentine's Day, but if you've had a date with them and you're still talking, why not suggest a future date?
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/14/2013 12:44:15 PM
most chicks will be going to the movies with a girlfriend..so guess what? I'm going to the freckin' movies! :-)
Afterwards, if any of you ladies wanna text me..my number is 1-800-i'm-easy. LOL.
 rockstar_ocnj
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/14/2013 12:54:04 PM
I've never been big on celebrating valentines day, regardless of if I was with a girl or not. It's a day to make people in relationships spend money, and the people who are single feel bad for themselves while all their friends are celebrating. To me, what matters is what you do the other 364 days of the year.

That and it's a big reminder of how terrible a lot of my choices in friends were in the past, and still today... LONG STORY, that's completely unrelated to me being single today
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 3:01:52 PM
And as the day comes to a close, so does this thread. Thanks for all the comments peeps.

Time to pull the curtain down.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/14/2013 4:17:54 PM
And as the day comes to a close, so does this thread. Thanks for all the comments peeps.

Time to pull the curtain down.

Umm ... YOU don't close threads.
It's 5 pm here in Colorado.
Last week, I snail-mailed some Valentine cards to a few of my single friends.
I received a couple of calls yesterday to thank me (and one just now). That was nice.

Last night I brought some home made brownies to share with the members of my trivia team.
(Substitute pomegranate juice for water in recipe. Yummy!)
I told the guys they were my Valentine! It was fun.
Last week, I boxed up a small selection of beautiful See's truffles for a friend who's a sweet freak. She loved them.

Tonight, I'll go out to meet up with some buddies to listen to a live soul/ funk band and maybe even shake a tailfeather!

P.S. I received a package today ... Some kitchen / cooking equipment I ordered AND I'm about to make a lobster tail dinner.
Happy Valentine's Day to me!
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 5:05:29 PM
I wasn't being literal, once Vday is over no need to comment on here any longer Finished in the UK anyhow :)
 endsdawn
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2013 12:56:39 AM
Drink until I can't remember that it's valentine's day anymore?

...Didn't work too well, based on the fact that I'm on POF tonight.
 TedJMill
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2013 10:19:17 AM
I went out to dinner by myself, with a book to read. The place was a kosher deli, so it didn't really attract crowds of romantic couples.
 Latin0dawg2012
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/16/2013 9:04:37 AM

Need a few for the beer goggles, and need to buy her a few hundred..

for me, she doesn't need five drinks... only someone who listens and/or can keep eye contact.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > "Valentine's day for singles.."