Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > ASTRAL PROJECTION / TRAVEL      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 9
ASTRAL PROJECTION / TRAVELPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

What's your views on it?

That what we perceive is based on complex chemical reactions, and those levels can be changed by an outside influence or meditation, as it is possible to obtain an altered state and or out of body experience.

The amount of DMT that is released can take a simple dream to an altered state and what you will see is the path to the other side. Though what you may learn is, the other side is only a path and not a destination.

That big dose of DMT you will get when you die will just send you on an adventure that will never end, though it will only last but a few moments, as they do not call it the spirit molecule for nothing.

Can you do it/did it?

Not at will.

How was it?

If you are the type of person that enjoys the trip more than the destination, you will enjoy it.
 melodyof_k
Msg: 10
ASTRAL PROJECTION / TRAVEL
Posted: 2/9/2013 8:03:47 PM
I have not had anything like that.
the only thing I did have were flying dreams...
a lot of them
where I flew over my neighborhood and over clouds.
I thought it was odd to dream that way because I have read that a person can only
dream what they have experienced. and believe me I have never flown!
But now,...I feel as if I know what it is like to fly ,....from the memories of the feelings in my dreams.
 Ochema
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/10/2013 1:51:47 AM
I remember hoping to get that flying dream tonight. It was a very pleasant experience.
 ForumFiona
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/11/2013 12:38:48 PM
I think I did once when I was 15 years old and had to leave my 17 year old brother behind at a party because I had curfew. I was really concerned for him as he was getting quite intoxicated when I left.

It bothered me all the way home and into the evening when I retired, and it didn't seem I was asleep that long when I found myself back on that farm in that huge metal building where that party was. I found him sitting at one end of a long table there talking with some people and I was sitting with my back against the wall at the other end of the table, actually on the table in lotus position. When I thought someone recognized me, I "left" ...

And found myself sitting up in lotus position when I woke up, with no idea how long I had been sitting up like that in bed.

I have not had a dream like that since, especially waking up in lotus...lol.
 RussArtLover
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2013 8:33:06 PM
I've had a few flying dreams. They usually start pretty tame out in the woods, then I fly over a castle, then it gets spooky. I can't seem to land, I just start going higher and higher and wake up. Eeek

I dunno what Astral is. I'm guessing it's like Space. Or the ocean. But created / manifested by the mind like an alternate universe?
 Aries_328
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2013 8:50:34 AM

The flying dreams I've had all end up the same way: as soon as I start thinking wow, I can fly! I can't and I'm ground-bound once again trying to fly like "The Greatest American Hero" :)

From what I know of astral projection, it doesn't occur when you're asleep - those are dreams. I think AP is just a trancendental experience called something to make it more cool. Many trancendental meditative practices exist and fairly well documented. AP is likely just another name for what 'Whirling Dervishes,' very devout religious people praying, speaking in tongues, etc. are doing.

Actually flying dreams are more of an expression of real world helplessness. The expression of flying in a dream is the achievement of special power/privilege/exploration that is unattainable by the dreamer.

Also, astral projection being awake is not accurate. It is a form of Hypnagogia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

Mental phenomena that occur during this "threshold consciousness" phase include lucid dreaming, hallucinations, and sleep paralysis.
 Dokkodo
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/14/2013 10:24:34 AM
Astral projection is a phenomenon similar to near death experiences and drug trips.

When under extreme stress or extreme relief the mind produces chemicals, these chemicals can give you all kinds of crazy experiences. There's an incredible and inconsistent range to these experiences, which include seeming to be out of body, thinking you're talking to God (in the case of a Native American friend of mine who did peyote, he talked to god through his ancestors), and it's all just things your brain fooled you with.

As Richard Feynman once said (and I'm paraphrasing), the easiest person to fool is yourself.
 ssf714
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/2/2013 11:55:01 PM
Astral Projection is real. In Buddhism this is called "dream yoga".. Ive been practicing everyday for the last 2 years.. It took me three months to get my first experience, now I have 3 or 4 a week..

It isnt a make believe part of your mind.. You can verify things, like seeing a shoe on top of a roof in the astral, and then when you are back in your body, go and verify that the shoe is indeed on top of the roof..

You do it by going to sleep very concentrated on your breath, or repeating certain mantras, very focused and not distracted by any thoughts.. In short, you remain "awake" while the body goes to sleep..

You feel intense vibrations throughout your body when it starts. Sleep paralysis is part of the process when the vital/astral body splits from the phyisical body.. Though in a few moments you do gain control and movement in the astral/vital body..

The ability to astral project is an atrophied ability we all have.. Like a muscle that has never been used, it takes time to strengthen and be functional again.

The purpose, and use of this, is to explore the mysteries of life, reality and get first hand experiences about the spiritual dimensions and beings which are guiding humanity..

There are sinister beings in the astral plane that really just want to scare you back in your body. They cant hurt you, nor can they cut any "silve cord" or possess your body.. What they want to do is keep you asleep from exploring the reality of life.. They are pretty powerless though, because , all you have to do in the astral is sincerely pray to God for protection, or to dispell the entity, and it will go away.. You should know several prayers such as the our father, and other, and also have a clear conscious and knowing you are doing the right things in life, and most importantly of those things is your sexual conduct, not only physically, but psychologically.

Out of your body, in the astral plane, you can get direct guidance from spiritual beings, that want to guide you on the spiritual path, which is the very reason we are alive..

The astral plane, is the world of dreams. We all go there everynight, and always return to our body. There is no danger. The only difference with astral projection is that your are conscious there, rather than being unconscious like how most everybody dreams.. Though your dreams, are projections of your ego, your subconscious, and you create a world of mental matter over there.. In the astral plane, your thoughts become living things. So most people in the astral plane when dreaming are submerged within their own little worlds, and look like drunk people lost in a daydream ..

When you astral project consiously, it is important to be very present, in the moment, and aware of your senses, because any daydreaming done there, will start the process of falling into a dream and losing the experience..

In the astral plane, there are fewer laws that govern. Thus you can float, fly, stretch your limbs and go through walls, things like that.. Also can go to the moon, other planets, and investigate other parts of the world, etc..

It is very real. Though what Im trying to relay is almost like trying to tell you what some exotic fruit tastes like.. I can tell you all day how great this fruit is, but you will never truly know how it tastes until you take a bite of it yourself..
 CureCurious
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/3/2013 12:46:25 AM
Green? lol... I'm wrong aren't I?
 CureCurious
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/3/2013 1:11:52 AM
Well if i knew how to astral project this would've proved something.. all i've proven now is i'mm ordinary like majority of people.. which is a shame... was i close though?

Hot pink!!??!!
 Aries_328
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2013 8:13:13 AM
Tell me the colour of the shirt I'm wearing right now and I'll believe you.

Sorry, it is mostly blue. I am absolutely positive.
 Thor_the_Great
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/3/2013 11:57:41 AM

Tell me the colour of the shirt I'm wearing right now and I'll believe you.

How about I tell you to take your left hand off your face instead?
 Aries_328
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2013 12:24:06 PM
Sorry. Boy, you guys aren't building any credibility here LOL

I was just kidding. It's cold out, it is a saturday and you are at your computer. That pretty much means you may be up for the day but you hardly give a crap and don't have many plans for the rest of the day.

I would say sweat pants and a white t-shirt since you probably have the heat on. You may be getting ready to do some crap outside because i'ts been put off long enough so... some form of solid color green jacket with gloves in your future.

haha
 Albvs
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/3/2013 2:05:12 PM
I totally believe in astral projection and remote viewing... as does your military.

http://www.firedocs.com/remoteviewing/answers/crvmanual/CRVManual_FiredocsRV.pdf
 Aries_328
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2013 3:44:37 PM

That is the closest any of you have come to accuracy yet (except it's a sunday... epic fail)

It's the negative energy you are projecting. It is interfering with my chi. My vision is clouded by your tinfoil hat.
 CureCurious
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/3/2013 4:49:44 PM
trailsman

That is the closest any of you have come to accuracy yet (except it's a sunday... epic fail).

Bahahahaha, the ONLY verifiable fact was the day of the week, and he got that one wrong bahahaha.

Though, for me it's a Monday afternoon. :)
 gogogo66
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/4/2013 7:19:43 AM
Its real to the ones that have experianced it,and yes i have.
 msitgal
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2013 9:28:23 PM
Ok, as a person who will admit to doing astral travel countless times in the past, I have seen a few interesting thoughts on this thread.

1. Llewellyn Press is not well respected by those who are knowledgeable in these things.
2. The myth of the silver cord severance is not correct.
3. There is a huge difference between lucid dreaming (like dreaming of flying) and astral projection.
4. There is a huge difference between astral projection and bilocation, which a couple of folks have talked about in their posts.

Is astral projection real? Yes.
Do people who astral travel have mental issues? Not all of them do.
Do people who do not properly prepare for astral travel and bilocation have issues? Some do.

I hope that this has clarified some issues.
 Albvs
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/25/2013 4:31:43 PM

ssf714: You feel intense vibrations throughout your body when it starts...

Interesting. I got to this phase once but didn't know that it was part of it.

I've been practicing for a while now. I've progressed to a point where--with eyes closed--I sometimes see blotches of color that appear to be emanating from in front of me. And a few nights ago for a moment I saw--with eyes closed--a sky full of stars above me... and then black again. I was like... awe man, almost.
 gedanken
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/25/2013 4:43:53 PM
^^

Well, when you get this thing perfected, can you swing by the moon and see if you can pick out Apollo 17?

Incidentally, whatever it is that is 'projecting', how does it make it through the Van Allen belt without getting fried by the x-rays?...lol
 DameWrite
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2013 2:36:56 AM
shouldn't this be posted under the sex and sexuality forum? ;)
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/30/2013 7:11:06 AM

Best post on this thread msitgal huge difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming..all this talk of using drug enhancements such as DMT are not needed to astral project, what is needed is self control and lots of practice.

The would be incorrect as people either supplement their DMT from and outside source or they are able to tap into their own source via meditation or similar state.

As DMT is already in us and all living things.

So in essence it is the same thing, people just go about tapping into it in different ways.
 mjl58
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/3/2013 3:10:57 AM
As a child under the age of possibly 8yrs, I have floated around the house but close to the ceiling to avoid the dark shadow people who were reaching up from the floor to grab me. It was a constant dream. There was no fear in it. Just a thought of you can not reach me.
Now as a (hopefully) mature man over 50, I have recently experienced the same but now outdoors. This time no dark shadows were there. It was a freedom of flying with a breeze. It was a time of an absolute challenging change in careers. So this may be just a dream of being let free from the long hours of the previous career. So life like it seemed that when I did wake up, it was with sadness to see the images disappear. Will we ever really know. Even now my mind is wide open.
 PensivePrincess
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/7/2013 6:51:17 AM
I've been astral traveling since a very very young age (my earliest childhood memories, in fact). I thought everyone did. I didn't realize it was a unique experience until I became an adult and heard people discussing it. I suppose it just came naturally to me. I have no problem at all doing it. It's as easy and natural as breathing. I never considerd it dreaming because I'm not actually asleep. It's just always been "that place I go". Yes, there's a certain vibration, and it's almost trance like. But I'm not asleep. Someone asked me not long ago, to teach them how to do it. I don't understand how anyone ISN'T doing it. I just close my eyes, look into my eye lids and I'm suddenly pulled in. Keep in mind though, that I've been doing this all my life and had no idea the rest of the world wasn't doing it as well.
 Aries_328
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2013 6:26:27 PM

Yes, there's a certain vibration, and it's almost trance like. But I'm not asleep

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > ASTRAL PROJECTION / TRAVEL