Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 33
Serial daters on this sitePage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Some men are out and out pervs, who not only lie, but have disgusting habits or requests when they first meet up with someone.

Disgusting for you maybe but, for some of us pervy old shiats, it's a way of life. If I'm unable to "do" disgusting things to ya, what's the point of living???? I mean, like, seriously. I might as well just curl up and die. Now, if you would please, turn around and bend over for a sec.
 mainelythere
Msg: 35
Serial daters on this site
Posted: 2/15/2013 6:58:09 AM

I found a great profile the other day of someone who has now listed all the men (obviously for us ladies looking for true love etc) who are not who they make out to be.
The list is long! Some men are out and out pervs, who not only lie, but have disgusting habits or requests when they first meet up with someone

I am more inclined to believe that the woman who posted the list probably had personality flaws that prevented most of her dates from progressing.

I have met more than a handful of people on these sites that are damaged or flawed to the point where they sabotage every date they go on.

I once had a date where a girl talked nonstop about sex, and when i tried a move she said "why are all men only after one thing".

Ultimately the point is - just because some bitter nut said so and so is bad, it doesnt mean its true.
 anewtryforyou
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/15/2013 8:02:46 AM
i met 2 people off this site and they are not what there profile says pictures are different and one was a drunk and a stalker other was just 100% not even close to there pictures
 Kitty.1
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2013 9:42:40 AM
I just had this happen to me and it is horrible to take when you meet someone and they say they are falling in love with you and then you see them on plenty of fish looking at others it blows your mind. I call it wondow shopping or shoe shopping. They try you on for a week or two and then when someone comes along that strikes their fancy they move on because you are their mirror and they don't like what they see as they have no integrity.
 kkl1983
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/15/2013 10:22:58 AM
Dont think there is anything wrong with being on a dating site a few times, dating different people and getting to know different people helps you to determine what you want in a man; personality, looks etc.

After you know that, and find a great man, then you hang onto him... someone that you have common interests with and someone you get along with, and can see a future with. Someone that wants the same things in life as you.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/15/2013 12:38:40 PM

Kitty.1
I just had this happen to me and it is horrible to take when you meet someone and they say they are falling in love with you and then you see them on plenty of fish looking at others it blows your mind.

How many times has this been posted by different people? I just love the irony of it. Such and such person said this or that and then I find them surfing POF. Well if you're on POF and see them here, you're here, too.
 mainelythere
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/15/2013 5:14:16 PM
behind- its different when its a woman.
 spirited-won
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/15/2013 8:48:46 PM
They are serial daters because they have baggage, continually try to meet someone online and they hide or delete profile. When they sign back on it's like "new" and they generate the newcomers since they have been on last. It's like a new playground for those who do that or shall I say...have to do that.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2013 10:30:29 PM
There is nothing new in the world. I go on and off this site and others quite often. The weirdness of some people is more apparent than that of others. Some you can tell in the messages and some you have to meet. It's the same way in real life. You always have to go deeper than the mask a person presents to the world in general.
sometimes people go off the site and when they come back, the site itself marks them as new. I'm not sure it matters if they are new or not. Some are here mostly for the forums, but that doesnt mean that after time has passed they don't suddenly see someone who interests them. I originally just came on to see what it was all about. Had no intention of dating...then I changed my mind. big deal. It's not any more a perfect world online than it is in the real world.
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 8:01:20 AM
It is sad but true, not everyone here is honest or here for the same reason. Its up to you to weed out the ones who are not right for you and move on. Just because a man or a woman has been on more than a few meetings does not mean they are a serial dater, maybe they just have not found someone they feel compatible with yet. I agree there are quite a few odd ones on line, however making a personal list of "creeps" is not a good thing either. One woman's creep is another woman's dream. It all depends on what each individual is looking for. It would be utopia if everyone was open honest and upfront, however, that will never happen even in real life.
 mainelythere
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/16/2013 8:45:09 AM
I just think a lot of women need to look in the mirror more and assess who they are.

I have met a lot of genuinely screwed in the head women, who will never find a passable guy unless he is a total jellyfish.
 zelig77
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/4/2013 2:01:21 PM
Reviving this thread vs starting a new one.

I see the disclaimer on profiles so often 'no/not into serial daters' and I often wonder what that means to people. I suppose I've always viewed it as someone who is continuing to try to meet/date someone because their previous relationships didn't work out for one reason or another. I have no clue why that seems to be such a negative.

I dated a couple people (not at the same time) last fall after a summer breakup of a more LT gig. Didn't click with either, took a holiday hiatus and then met someone in January. We gave it a good college try, spent our 'dating' time/energy on getting to know one another and unfortunately we didn't turn out to be a match. Wanted different things which became clear after a couple months. Really good guy, not the right guy for me. Sad, but not heartbreaking. It happens.

Now I'm thinking of jumping back into the game (well, after I file my taxes.... PoF as my reward and perhaps all I can afford after taxes (that is a joke) :). I'm sure I'll start fresh with a new profile and recent pics. (My profile now is a sparse one just to stay with the forums and chat with a buddy -- my work time diversions)

I want to continue to meet people. I like men, I enjoy having 'a guy' in my life. Does this make me a horrible serial dater? Should I give up? Stick with the wrong person? I just don't get the stigma.
 Purfeccct
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/4/2013 2:10:21 PM
That is the secret watch for RED FLAGS You would think people would know that.
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/4/2013 2:17:21 PM
Do I have to pick from the first five ladies who talk to me for fear of being a serial dater?

What if I was in a relationship that ended, may I come back to try again?
 liftnw8z2
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/4/2013 2:32:49 PM
I would have to get a date to be a serial dater...
 girlwithnoprofilename
Msg: 51
Posted: 4/4/2013 3:25:27 PM
What is the link to the lady's profile? Haha.

Seriously though, serial daters suckkkkkkkkkk. They are usually guys who continually on go dates with girls constantly for kicks. They claim to want a relationship, fool you in to thinking they are nice guys, then they want to pencil you in for Thursday after work. Not so fast Buster! I find serial daters want to meet right away (later that night) and move on to the next. That's great if that's your MO, but I'm actually looking for a relationship bsed on substance and Im tired of serial daters attempting to waste other peoples time. IMHO, they should be hung naked +shot!!!!!!
 liftnw8z2
Msg: 52
Posted: 4/4/2013 3:33:15 PM
^^^ same with serial dating women, I suppose? Came across a couple of those on here but my gut told me to not bother with them.
 EyesRgreen_62
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/4/2013 4:24:38 PM
I never have understood the term serial dater ... aren't we all here to date and find out who we are and are not compatible with ? I am considered a serial dater because I have dated more than one person ? Until I find "the one" or have an agreement with someone not to date others ... I remain as I intended when I joined this site ... here to date.
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/4/2013 4:43:56 PM
It is a freebie website with huge numbers of men. YOu are bound to find all sorts. Just dont expect to meet anyone genuine on here that is all. It has a reputation for being dodgy so why bother with it.
 SweetSun13
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/4/2013 5:15:19 PM
There is a reason the government of Alberta made a spoof site called PLENTY OF SYPH.
 Maid-merry-on
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/4/2013 5:25:07 PM
A free dating site is a breeding ground for all weirdly types and serial daters. I've even dated one and lawd I can tell you it takes a special woman to stay with this one which explains why he's still on here! Once they catch on he's not as intelligent or charming as he claims to be. But as the ole saying goes....you get what you pay for!
 moonchildmn
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/4/2013 10:02:20 PM
I would probably fall into the category of a serial dater but it's not by choice. Usually during the first meet or on the 1st date I've seen enough and I don't even use this site to date, so it's not just the free sites. Most of the issues I have come across are related to excessive drinking, which isn't readily apparent through profiles and phone calls, and then I've weeded out a few who were completely outrageous for other reasons, mainly misrepresenting themselves and complete boundry busting. I'm ok if people think I'm a serial dater, it beats being stupid.

I have met a few guys and we had the initial connection, things were good but we had too many lifestyle differences.
 Purple_wings
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/4/2013 10:20:52 PM
You re not alone sister .. I am on the same boat here, on and off for a few times, I found couple of people that was interested then turned out one was a big player and the other one is probably has a gf and used me as a renounce/ a temp replacement.. It hurts.. But the rest of people I met they are all right but not my type .. So I guess It hurts to be rejected and it also hurts to reject someone as well..either way I found this site is full of fakes.. Stay away from business owners, doctors, lawyers and constructions no offense but unfortunately I found its too good to be true for doctors and lawyers to be on this site.. Also beware of those misleading intentions headlines like ... " want to find someone to get marry" B.S ... I am so done..
 m8t
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/5/2013 10:25:35 AM
I dont date my oatmeal, but on occasion I have eatten my date ;)
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/5/2013 10:36:58 AM
Due to popular demand I'm switching from serial dater to parallel dater.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >