Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 4ms4me
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Serial daters on this sitePage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
for both the posts above me (m8t & wolf).

I saw the title, and thought what a strange accusation on a dating website. If not serial date, what is one supposed to do? I'd have had to marry my first crush, at 13!
 OutMind
Msg: 62
Serial daters on this site
Posted: 4/5/2013 11:17:24 AM
Due to popular demand I'm switching from serial dater to parallel dater.

Not a good idea. You will have a lot of dropped dates. You would be talking and information will not compute. Then she will tell you "I told you so." and the infamous "How many times do I have to tell you.."

No dude. Move to Firewire dating. Those are hot, hot, hot. And fast as s hit. Intense data exchange. Now, if that is too hot to handle, and want more run of the mill dating USB will do. But they tend to be rather plain Janes, homenly, but don't discard them, they can have extra apps in the bedroom.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2013 12:51:46 PM
that's just part of online dating. a necessary evil. Same thing can happen in real life dating. You just have to be careful
 montycristooo
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2013 9:35:16 AM
reply to tnt144 - Is it ok to only date Kellogs cereal ? ....
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/6/2013 10:09:40 AM

Not a good idea.

Outmind, I was just making a pun. Computer nerd humor... I agree with you and I'm letting a prospect know if I'm currently talking to someone. Some understand, some feel like Plan B and get their feathers ruffled. I think that seeing two or more leads to not giving each one a real consideration.
 m8t
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/6/2013 11:03:22 AM
^ Owh owh and I got ya from behind, LMAO!!! I like this idea of parallel dating...
Im a one guy at a time kinda chick too but Im still an internet flirt :)
 DragonBits
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/6/2013 11:25:19 AM

Not a good idea. You will have a lot of dropped dates. You would be talking and information will not compute. Then she will tell you "I told you so." and the infamous "How many times do I have to tell you.."

No dude. Move to Firewire dating. Those are hot, hot, hot. And fast as s hit. Intense data exchange. Now, if that is too hot to handle, and want more run of the mill dating USB will do. But they tend to be rather plain Janes, homenly, but don't discard them, they can have extra apps in the bedroom.

Kids like outmind don't know what real romance is. That's the problem with dating these days, I am old school, USB crap is for young uns. Speed, hot hot hot, intense, whatever happened to good ole fashioned values?

Give me tbe good ole days of the IEEE-1284 Type B, Centronics port, got lots of them in a box ready to go, I am waitng for them to come back in stype.

Bunch of whippersnappers ..... pfft.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/6/2013 12:01:57 PM
I think that seeing two or more leads to not giving each one a real consideration.

I think it can, but that's when you don't really like either of them much. An actual Plan A is still your #1 draft pick, even if you have Plan B and C. During that initial dating phase, it's not like you should be talking & texting for hours each & every day anyway. If you are or close to that, then sure, I agree.

I put it to playing "zone" vs "one on one coverage". In the initial phase, the pre-season of dating someone, you're not spending tons of time out with them or talking to them tons. If sending a couple messages, even every day, swallows one's emotion & time from them, then they've got some emotional issues to iron out. Playing "zone" gives flexibility... where if one gal (or guy) you really like loses interest after date #2, you won't be hurt as much and have another person with a 1st or 2nd date lined up. Of course doing this requires taking a much more casual approach to this pre-season of dating.

I think it's silly to expect Exclusivity ("one on one coverage") right before or after you first meet them, when you didn't know them at all before. IMO, it's best to be non-exclusive ("zone"), until you AND the other person prove solid attraction & interest after at least a few dates. You can't expect every girl you meet up with, exchange #s with, etc is not talking to any other guys in her life of at least mediocre interest.
 BHill9323
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/7/2013 12:34:21 PM
I have started enjoying meeting the weird ones. It's become some kind of sick adventure for me.
 fantabulousenigmatic
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/7/2013 6:22:48 PM
Ditto- and gosh!!! what makes her any better for knowing all these guys
, people like that r part of the problem here! Sorry but its true. To each their own! and y would you even air yourself or anyone else , out on a dating site.:)
 OutMind
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/7/2013 6:37:40 PM
Outmind, I was just making a pun.

So was I. And your pun was awesome.

Kids like outmind don't know what real romance is.

Wait a second you old chap.

Give me tbe good ole days of the IEEE-1284 Type B, Centronics port, got lots of them in a box ready to go, I am waitng for them to come back in stype.

Now ya talking!!
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/7/2013 6:44:37 PM
if we can stop crime happening on this earth probably this site can then stop such dodgy people too!!!
 Maleman999
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/7/2013 6:57:38 PM
There's a simple solution OP. Just put in your profile that anyone who wants to date you must marry you. The guy must give you an expensive engagement ring at the first meet. Problem solved.
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/7/2013 6:59:03 PM
Yeah run like the wind with that one. I have had similar and just deleted and blocked him . At least you knew what he was like upfront and before you met. Be grateful. He would be a stalker lol!

Maleman
she is probably thinking she may actually meet a nice genuine sane guy from here and that sort of profile comment would get her no responses lol!
 fuji0628
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/7/2013 7:05:19 PM
This is the internet where everyone here can be anyone they want even if its not true. A lot of people want to have a big party with a cake and they want ice cream and to eat both!!! I logged off for two years thinking when I log on Ill have a fresh selection of people. Boy was I shocked. OMG!! What the hell is an attractive person doing on here for two years when they get bombarded by guys? That in itself is a red flag. Read the signs right away take heed. I messaged a girl on here that I had met down town 3.5 years ago. I didn't know it was her because she changed and her picture was a silly unrecognizable one. We talked met up and talked extensively. She told me that she went on a date every day for 2 years. I think I have heard it all. Wow she is now taking her time to meet a true guy and is doing it right. She did say that every guy she dated thought he was the one. Now days I cant take any woman serious from the stories they have told me and the experiences from this site. Some of us are looking for a true relationship however that seems extremely difficult on this here fake word of pof.
 one2please
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2013 11:39:03 AM
I agree. I wish there was a way people could at least let others know what has happened to them. I had a bad experien. His whole profile is a lie. Not divorced like he says. He says he has a degree and owns his own business. Not the case he is married a cheater. A sponge. Their abuseMentally. ec
 one2please
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2013 11:42:45 AM
And it wouldn't let me finish. He was a total liar. Drunk. And I really fell for him. Then learned my lesson quick. I wish their was a flag button on profile.
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/8/2013 12:30:35 PM
The problem with a flag button is potential abuse. Scorned love, nuff said.

Edit: I need to clarify that my 'nuff said' referred to the details of what scorned love might entail, not the case of the above poster. I like the idea of a flag, but I think misuse due to scorned love is inevitable. While I referred to the above poster's flag idea, the rest of the short reply had nothing to do with her experience.
 m8t
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/9/2013 12:11:16 AM
How about we all just get together for breakfast, have some sausage,
and coffee with cream. Now that sounds better than serial with flags.
 RTMomof3
Msg: 82
Posted: 4/9/2013 9:13:32 AM
I am probably classified as a "serial dater" because I'm not looking for anything serious and I don't see anything wrong with that. If I wanted to find my perfect mate, I'd go to eHarmony or something like that. But I'm not a "serial hooker upper"! LOL

Whether it's a dating website, a bar or even a church--you have to sift through a lot of sand to find any gems. Just know what you want and try to determine if the other person has common goals beforehand. Don't judge people because they don't.
 pd481
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2013 6:40:32 PM
If serial dating, which means dating one person at a time, is a bad thing, does that mean parallel dating is what we should be striving for?
 shine1274
Msg: 84
Posted: 4/9/2013 7:04:00 PM
^^^ Yes! Less resistance that way!
 girlwithnoprofilename
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/9/2013 8:08:20 PM

And it wouldn't let me finish. He was a total liar. Drunk. And I really fell for him. Then learned my lesson quick. I wish their was a flag button on profile.

That's actually not such a bad idea.. Can you write a scathing review of a serial dater in the Testomonial section so other women will know to avoid these scumbags!!
 cafetin
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2014 11:06:45 AM

I know men as well as women have experienced some very dodgy people from this site!

Is there nothing this site can do to stop these kind of people?

Thats part of the risk of online dating.But there is risk in everything we do on life including breathing air.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 87
Posted: 4/25/2014 3:38:37 PM

He was a total liar. Drunk.

And yet:

And I really fell for him.

Which certainly makes one wonder why?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >