Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 19
Dating ex'sPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
H3ll no, I wont even date guys who keep exs as friends...
 Proteaus
Msg: 20
Dating ex's
Posted: 2/10/2013 9:29:18 AM
Unless children are involved and its for the children's sake why would any one even communicate with their ex . That person (man or woman) is a ex for a reason and it wasn't because they were nice to you . Hell if I saw my ex hitch hiking I would just keep going .
 neck romancer
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Dating ex's
Posted: 2/10/2013 10:08:10 AM
Depending on how it ended and if it can work then yes.
 nirvanawithu
Msg: 23
Dating ex's
Posted: 2/10/2013 10:53:58 AM
If you feel there is something still there, I think you owe it to yourself to find out. No one here has any way of knowing exactly why you drifted apart and many will base their opinion on their own experience, which is irrelevant.

I wouldn't consider it a waste of time, he might feel the same way but afraid to share his feelings. The reason you're having trouble moving on is because you have a deep enough connection still there, and that's very difficult to find.

I say go for it, the most solid relationships start on a long term friendship.

And, NO, I haven't found anyone that compares to her. We're still friends and still dating...
 LisaLou65
Msg: 24
Dating ex's
Posted: 2/10/2013 11:44:30 AM
I have been there, done that, and NEVER going there again. I had a bf in and out of my life for 8 years. The last time he swore to me that he had changed. Needless to say, people don't change.
 demux21
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Dating ex's
Posted: 2/14/2013 6:34:15 AM
Yiu more than anyobe know who your ex is. How comfortable with what you know about the pro's and con's of this person? You know what your getting into.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 28
Dating ex's
Posted: 2/14/2013 6:46:31 AM
Sue, to answer your question, It took time away to take an honest look at the relationship. In my case, the relationship was not working because he refused to move forward and he started to become verbally abusive. He thought the relationship was perfect the way it was. He never had to fully commit and he did what he wanted. Like I said we got back together after a 4 month separation and within a few months, everything went right back to the way it was, going no where and all about him. What I did learn from the experience is he is not going to change, he was happy getting things his way and I did not mean enough to him. I only had 2 choices, accept things his way or move on. Moving on takes time. I had to learn to be comfortable alone before jumping into another relationship. I no longer compare any relationship to him, because after doing the healing work, I realize I don't want anyone like him.
As of right now, I am still single but I am ok with that. I do not have to accept half a life or any form of abuse. As painful as the experience was, I learned if that relationship was meant to be, he would have met me half way. He had every opportunity in the world to do so and he chose to sit back and wait for me to return to his terms only. He will have a very long wait. I know this does not sound good to you right now, but I would much rather be alone than be with someone who is not willing to work through problems so both people are happy. I have not met anyone yet.. and the key word is yet.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >