Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 25
Downton Abbey FANS !Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
WNET New York posts the episodes the next day ( much faster than Hulu does), and there are hardly any commercials.
 Bogie_Bacall474
Msg: 26
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 2/13/2013 1:17:54 PM
I'm a huge fan as well. I can't wait to see the re-runs of this season and I'm upset that there is only one show left.
 DDebbbie
Msg: 27
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 2/13/2013 5:11:04 PM
I loved Downton Abbey until season 3. I won't spoil it for you who haven't seen the last episode, but I don't think I will be watching anymore. I was able to buy the season 3 DVD in the US, so I watched the rest of the season last week. Ugh! Now I wish I hadn't.
 59thShadeofGrey
Msg: 28
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 2/18/2013 12:54:20 PM
OK, season 3 finale was not unexpected. Not surprising that Mary is doomed to unhappiness, imo.
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 29
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 2/18/2013 2:24:27 PM
Did anyone see the spoof from Sesame Street...you know how they always do those....called Upside Downtown Abbey. pbs put a link on their fb page. It was so cute and shows why they(SS) keep winning the awards.
 Bogie_Bacall474
Msg: 30
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 2/18/2013 2:42:15 PM
Why they hell do they have to keep killing them off???
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 31
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 2/18/2013 3:57:33 PM
Because those actors didn't want to extend their contracts.
 DDebbbie
Msg: 32
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 2/22/2013 12:38:24 PM
Even if the actor's don't want to extend their contracts, they do have other options. Doesn't anyone remember the old sitcoms that would find 'look alike' actors to replace the one prior? I think it was 'Bewitched' that had multiple actors for the 'husband' that was one of the main characters. :) I know I'm showing my age.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 2/22/2013 6:25:21 PM
as stated earlier, the plots for "Downton Abbey" appear to be drawn
heavily from the real life of past residents of Highclere Castle ... down
to the converting it to a hospital during WWI ...

maybe that just what really happened ...
 SouthernMoonstone
Msg: 34
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 3/3/2013 4:37:51 PM
I miss my Downton Abbey on Sunday nights! Can't wait for Season 4. Mr. Bates is my favorite character.
 RussArtLover
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:38:42 PM
Thanks for bringing this show to my attention. Except it's broken my heart at least twice now Rascals! Great. I hesitate to mention Boardwalk Empire in the same thread but between the two, I'm floored.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 1/13/2014 2:45:36 AM
Season 4 has started and I love it so far.
I miss Mathew, but cant wait to see how Mary handles her new responsibilities since finding an informal will that grants her half of the estate.
Shocker: Anna is raped violently while others upstairs are enjoying an opera singer, so her screams go without anyone hearing them and basically was how the show ended last night .

Can't wait to see it come to light/how this is handled. Maybe Anna can get some justice without getting Bates into prison.
As of now shes hiding it and only one person knows what happened.

The best written/acted show (not on cable channels) by far.
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 1/13/2014 9:51:04 AM
I am a great fan of Downton Abbey. My mother is from England so I somehow feel at home in the countryside. Love everything, especially the costumes.
Edna replaces O'Brien as the trouble maker...we'll see.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 38
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 1/13/2014 3:50:43 PM

Shocker: Anna is raped violently while others upstairs are enjoying an opera singer, so her screams go without anyone hearing them and basically was how the show ended last night .

saw it! I didn't start watching the show until a couple of months ago but I've been totally sucked into it.

why did bates go to prison?
 junipermoon
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 1/13/2014 6:47:50 PM

why did bates go to prison?

his late ex-wife framed him for her suicide.

i don't have a tv, so i wait until after the season and order dvds from amazon. sooooooo addicted to this series!

maggie smith kicks butt. and she and shirley maclaine are dynamite together! that's probably my favorite thing about downton abbey.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 1/14/2014 2:51:08 AM
Oh MO..You must see all 3 seasons.
Seriously.
Watch Online | Masterpiece | PBS
www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/watch-online/?
Watch full episodes, video shorts, previews and cast interviews from Masterpiece on PBS,

You will be sucked into another world and catch yourself thinking in another accent.
Its AWSOME!!
Having the man ( Turk?) die in Marys bed..was a hoot that had consequences for a long time trying to keep it under wraps. Her sister writes the guys dad, she is blackmailed into almost marrying an azz that runs a newspaper that could ruin her rep.
So much going on.

One sister marries a chauffeur ( OH HEAVENS) they move to Ireland She dies in childbirth..
He is semi accepted now but someone ( house servant) up to no good is back in the house out to take him down..

We have been through the first war, the Titanic sinking and the invention of the toaster now.

I find the "downstairs drama" just as fun and delightful.Sometimes more.

Last episode
http://www.hypable.com/2014/01/13/downton-abbey-season-4-anna-bates-raped/

It was "just a valet" so there has to be some retaliation coming up..
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 41
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 1/14/2014 4:13:54 AM
^^^ lol, thanks for the links Pepps, i'll def. have to start watching from the beginning and catch up. I stumbled in somewhere during the period when Bates was in prison and a few episodes before the sister who married the chauffeur died.

this show reminds me of the first time I had to read Jane Austen in high school. I started out hating it but by the time I was half way through reading about Mister Darcy the voices in my head had an English accent and I couldn't put the book down.
 CharminC
Msg: 42
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 1/14/2014 12:00:43 PM
Recently discovered DA on Netflix, my only source of entertainment, and became just as hooked like the rest of you. Unfortunately, there's only 2 seasons worth. Bummer! Watched it all during the holidays.
Itching to watch more but I notice any other source to view the rest offer zero captioning (subtitles). Now that some of the posters have given any spoilers, I want to watch the rest of the seasons even more! Hope Netflix catches on and supply the other seasons asap
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 1/14/2014 12:15:01 PM

by the time I was half way through reading about Mister Darcy the voices in my head had an English accent

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Isn't that funny?
Southern mixed with British is to much.

Oh bloody- heyul, yur mates be raisin he-yul agin at the flat.

People make fun of people who move to or live part time in Britain about faking an accent.
Its like southern accents. Its so dam easy to pick up, you can't help it.
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 1/14/2014 12:45:59 PM
I've got every one of Jane Austen's books and I read them over and over. I particularly like Mansfield Park. You have to get used to reading this style of writing...but you get used to it. Looking at Fanny Price through 21st century eyes, she married her first cousin, kinda creepy but you have to put it in the context of the times. Cousins married all the time...including Prince Albert and Queen Victoria...they were first cousins. Talk about keeping it in the family...and Victoria carried the recessive hemophilia gene. Her granddaughter, the Czarina of Russia, passed it on to her son...the last heir to the throne of Russia.
God Save the Queen.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 45
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 1/6/2016 7:09:35 PM
Did anyone see the first new episode last Sunday?

This is supposed to be the last season for the show---I'm going to miss it.

EDIT: vvvvvv http://downtonabbey.wikia.com/wiki/Marigold
 kandykane111
Msg: 46
Downton Abbey FANS !
Posted: 1/6/2016 7:17:15 PM
Addicted. And yes, caught it on Sunday. A question - what did Edith do with Marigold after being found in at the hotel? I somehow missed that and now it seems she is gong back to work. Last fill n the gap. Thx.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >