Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 3
view profile
History
PDA's - Are They For You?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
As with everything in life, there are degrees of acceptability and if you're doing something that would offend the average person, then you shouldn't be doing it.

There have been many times when I've stolen a kiss and a cuddle from a partner whilst out in public and anyone who says that I shouldn't be holding hands or walking arm in arm can bog off right now, but seeing people publicly groping in the street, in the park or on the beach can be a bit much sometimes.

In any case, a secret wink and a smile across a room can mean just the same thing between two people and personally, that makes me melt every time. ;o)
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 5
view profile
History
PDA's - Are They For You?
Posted: 2/12/2013 4:25:04 AM

i really like it if my SO puts his hand on the small of my back.....

Oooh so do I ;o)

but nooo snogging,I hate to see people doing that in public.

No, it's not for me either if there are people around.

Same with boob stroking,euwww!

Now surely there IS a law against doing that in public? LOL
 ~Hams~
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2013 8:28:18 AM
What with it being Valentines in 2 days time we might find it difficult to avoid all those loved up couples
who stroll down the road hand in hand without a care in the world or who even worse start snogging each other on the bus.
(There should be a law against such disgraceful behaviour!)
 GeordieColin
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2013 8:47:48 AM
Within reasonable boundaries of the setting your in yes. Unless its a conscious effort to risk take in the name of fun :P
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2013 9:38:42 AM
i loved walking down town holding hands with the exes, even the odd kiss here and there, a pat on the bum, its great ! :O)
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2013 11:50:11 AM
I'm not particularly tactile but I do enjoy PDA's with someone new, it's exciting.
Not bothered about hugs or holding hands though, only my daughter gets this kind of affection from me.

I do enjoy sex in public places though, discretely of course!!!
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2013 2:01:58 AM
I dont like them. Perhaps i am jealous. I cant bear it when walking in the street and those ficking hand in hand couples who see themselves as one entity expect everyone else to walk round them. On one occasion at work I was dealing with some bereaved person whilst the next couple in the queue decided to start snoging, fondling etc. I told them that I normally pay for such entertainment. Everyone laughed, they stopped. I wanted to tell them to duck off.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2013 2:23:04 AM
Using up my two in ten in one fell swoop, i was in brighton at a union conference and was walking to the conference hall along the sea front - very wide - battling with my umbrella in the wind and the rain. A much younger male colleague ran up to glean some type of shelter from my umbrella and linked arms. Two fellows were walking in the opposite direction and one said pointedly "did you see that! Disgusting" how many have had that reaction? to an aside i also am sick of people smoking dope in the street. Rant suspended till another ten posts have been made :-)
 AthenaMarina
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2013 4:07:24 AM
I absolutely LOVE them
Sorry Joe Public!

I mean not on a first date type of thing!

But the last guy I dated (before the two dates I had from here) he was into that & I was like WOW!
Other guys weren't & it felt like what? You ashamed to be with me?!
But now I know it's just a personal preference!

I'm embarrassed to say it - me & a different ex years ago once got kicked out of a cafe for it - from memory we were only
Kissing!!
 AthenaMarina
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2013 11:36:28 AM
No slurping noises for me either, THAT sounds a bit gross!!
 Jo van
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/18/2013 12:50:12 PM
I think displays of affection are fine, hugging someone, or kissing someone (briefly) is fine.
It's public displays of sexual arousal, which I object to.

I think such people are really exhibitionists, or maybe "doggers", without their own transport..?

I once asked a couple, who were engaged in such activity, opposite me, on a bus, if they minded me 'banging one out'..?
They seemed to get very indignant, at that question.
Still, it was worth a shot...

People of my age tend to hold hands, not because of any sort of "show of affection", it's more a practical thing.
They're scared that one or other, will wander off, and get lost...

AthenaMarina
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2013 12:32:38 PM
I LOVE PDA like I said (if we're dating) BUT the eyeball or eyelid licking of whatever
Ruth described EW!!!!!!
Maybe I just feel squeamish cos it's the eye?
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >