Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _shakti_
Msg: 18
mathew 10:34Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
^^ Oh, you mean the fact that there are no originals to speak of? And it isn't certain who the actual author is? Or if the manuscripts were found where they said they were, or just merely made up?

I didn't listen to the video because I already know of the controversy.

And.. ?

All of the above (and more) can likewise be attributed to the bible.
 Sir_Johny
Msg: 19
mathew 10:34
Posted: 2/15/2013 5:54:28 PM
yes attributed. They were Jews, influenced by Greeks, and party influenced by Christianity and very much fits a blend of all three. You have the gods of the Greeks that control all of the aspects of life and that you owe them. Then you have the seeking of those gods through visiting temples, doing rituals that involved the human senses, and then going to Oricals to seek wisdom. Then you add the strictness of Judaism, and then the idea of being saved from Christianity which was just coming in. It truly is a mix of it all in this book. The idea of naturalism also started with the Greek philosophers and this book as a lot of it.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/15/2013 7:19:41 PM

Can i have your personal interpretation of this please?

As Messiah; Jesus had full authority to supplant the "law"
And his statement illustrated that those who attempt to cross into his new domain
will be met with strife; ostracism; and sometimes violence
by those who chose to remain in bondage to the law
 RussArtLover
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 8:47:33 AM
I think it just means he was tired of priests being the only ones that could read the bible. To cut the ties that held Gods followers in thrall to them, so they could learn to think for themselves. The bible is like a giant IQ test if you think about it. Some of it is what you see is what you get, other parts are very thought provoking, inspiring one to use they're imagination and lastly, most importantly, get people off the multitheistic deal, turning to idols and on the same page.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >