Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Cheating...forgive?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ruiningblueearth
Msg: 105
Cheating...forgive?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Forget the guy and move on.
 Anonymous..1
Msg: 106
Cheating...forgive?
Posted: 5/13/2013 11:39:58 PM
Move ON quickly. I will not date anyone with alcohol problems. Some people can drink and some can not. Some react to it like a horrific drug allergy. He lies, he cheats, he is an abusive alcoholic. RUN. I have learned that many people who are mean when drinking is because that is the true person. Alcohol lowers their inhibitions which stops the EDIT part of their brain and they become the 'Real' person. For others they just have a bad drug reaction to it. He knows it , he knows its' a problem and yet still does it. He knows cheating is wrong he still does it. Why would you even consider anything with him? Drop him, don't be friends, don't let him draw you in again. Cut all ties.
 59thShadeofGrey
Msg: 107
Cheating...forgive?
Posted: 5/15/2013 1:27:05 PM
{quote]Never forgive a cheater.

Yes, because there is no spiritual benefit to being a forgiving person - and a cheater can not possibly ever change their behavior because cheating is a genetic certainty.....
(rolls eyes)
 Woodstock200
Msg: 108
Cheating...forgive?
Posted: 5/16/2013 12:10:22 AM
Well as the old saying goes Forgive and Forget right... So forgive him and forget about him. Move forward don't get stuck in someone else's Mud.
 KneadyOne
Msg: 109
Cheating...forgive?
Posted: 5/16/2013 9:10:00 AM
Ditto on getting the heck out of that........

A cheater is just that.....a cheat. They are satisfying a subconcious need. They feel compelled to cheat at something, whether it be cards, relationships, money, sex, alcohol, ......something.

If you crave drama.........stay with a cheater and enjoy being the reason behind all their wrongdoings.........
 Smiley587
Msg: 110
Cheating...forgive?
Posted: 12/19/2013 7:01:50 PM
Run, run, and run fast! Cheats once, will cheat twice....repeat....
 daynadaze
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Cheating...forgive?
Posted: 12/21/2013 2:47:09 PM
Why would I ever need to forgive someone who treated me with great disrespect? What would be the point? Forgive them...why not forget them and move on, that works for me. I don't spend my time needing to forgive others so that I can get over my own hurt, I deal with it, then I forget that person existed. They have no power over your emotions unless you let them, unless you get stuck in their drama...or your own.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 112
Cheating...forgive?
Posted: 12/21/2013 3:49:09 PM
There is a huge difference between forgiving someone and putting yourself in the line of fire again....

Forgiveness improves one's karma and outlook; holding onto anger can be toxic to the enraged and those who come in contact.

But trusting a person who was ok with cheating once? The mentality that allowed them to tell themselves itw as ok somehow? That mentality doesn't change. It is a core belief of theirs.

So yes, forgiveness is divine. Forget? Not so great, unless you want a repeat offense.
 carolann0308
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Cheating...forgive?
Posted: 12/21/2013 6:54:26 PM
Just because he feels remorse is no reason for you to forget what he did. Recovery takes time, he did not give it enough.
 John255317
Msg: 114
Cheating...forgive?
Posted: 12/21/2013 11:39:40 PM
Moonbeam and Carolann, I agree. You can forgive someone sincerely but that doesn't make everything ok and you are ok with giving him another chance OP. IF he gets better, then good for him and he can be proud but if he thinks you should be there for him to get better, NO. He needs to chalk it up to what it was and take care of HIMSELF, he shouldn't even be dating or anything like that. I know the OP is gone and is an old thread but all these threads are pretty much the same questions, whether the OP's are gone or whatever. And they keep on coming. When I see these threads, who cares about the other person the OP's are talking about. They are forgetting about THEMSELVES first!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Cheating...forgive?