Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 11
view profile
History
How do you cope when your best friend dumps you?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Mystique I don't know your friend or the truth of what has happened here but from your pov I'd suggest that your friends issue does not lie with you but with herself. She does not sound secure in her relationship and that is not your fault.
You've known each other for some years and it must be very hurtful that she has accused you of such a thing. If you are anything like me then you would never approach a friends partner and for anyone to suggest such a thing is pretty awful.
Hard as it might be, I'd leave be for now and as someone else has said, the balls in her court.
 daver987654
Msg: 17
view profile
History
How do you cope when your best friend dumps you?
Posted: 2/16/2013 6:36:52 AM
I've a mate who has flown off the handle a few times in the 25 years I've know him. He's always been too embarassed to get in touch so it's always been up to me. I've usually allowed him to time to cool off and reflect before getting in touch.

it's up to you to decide whether you want to stay friends or not.
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 6:58:52 AM
OP you came here for advice when you were feeling low, I hope some has been helpful and that you are able to ignore the more unpleasant comments. This is generally not the place for tea and sympathy but I do feel that some of the replies to you were uncalled for and unnecessary.
 eve1962
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 7:05:42 AM
Get out of the wrong side of bed this morning Shelley?
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 7:44:11 AM

I have already noticed there are certain people on here who do nothing other than make digs without adding anything really constructive or even posting topics themselves.

Maybe this user feel threatened by the presence of other of the same sex, hence catty remarks. Is this a playground?

Possibly, smacks of insecurity to me.
 Chuzz16
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 7:48:51 AM
I'm wondering, if you weren't quite so lonely and you had other friends to go out with, if this would bother you so much?

I think some of the other posters are right in thinking she seems to be the one with a few trust issues with her fella. So much easier to blame you than him.

If I was in the same situation, I wouldn't try to contact her again. You gave it your best shot, now it's up to her.

Is there some other way you could make other friends. Join a club? Voluntary work? anything really, just to get you back out there and make new friends.

I wish you all the best. x
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 8:06:37 AM
There`s much to be said for being the lone wolf at times :O)
 fleursky
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 8:06:39 AM
I had a kind of similar situation a couple of months ago although it wasn't anything to do with a fella, the issue was over a suspension/disciplinary at work, resulting with her not wanting to speak to me or have anything to do with me after 18years of friendship. A sad situation and I don't hold a grudge and would quite happily have spoken to her but at the end of the day if that's what it came to I haven't time to be running around after grown up people that want to believe certain things without listening to all the facts, whatever the situation is.
My advice, move on, plenty more friends in the sea, enjoy 'your life' and don't get hung up on other peoples issues :)
 GeordieColin
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 8:32:36 AM
Be the person that you are rather than the person people expect you to be. They can either except it or feck off.
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 8:57:42 AM

msg 31 Mmm . Pandora has the best pictures.

She is pretty hot!
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 9:50:19 AM
Fair enough Bill, I consider my wrists well and truly slapped!
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 9:59:07 AM
"hmmm...lone wolf, eh? ...sounds like an excuse to justify sheep-worrying if ya ask me, welshie! "

maya !...i assure you madam that my sheep worrying days are far far behind me !! :O)
 Chuzz16
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 10:08:59 AM
^^^^^
I think Bill just did. :)))
 daver987654
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 10:27:09 AM
Much more interesting thread now that us blokes with the attention span of a gnat have reverted to type and have moved on to whether or not Pandora is hot.

p.s. yes

p.p.s All in the best possible taste of course.
 Chuzz16
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 10:29:06 AM
^^^^^^
I'm hot too, but I put that down to my age and the flushes I get every hour on the hour. :))

Well I had eyes for you Zombie, til you changed your profile piccy. What the heck is that monkey/piggy thing? :))

Aww Ducky. I can always rely on you to big me up. xx

Pandora msg 47, me too, but some of them leave me cold :)
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 10:36:39 AM
^^^^^ now there`s two hot ladies !! :O)
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 11:12:08 AM

While pandora is lovely, I only have eyes for maya.

Zombie I am gutted. Ah the pain of unrequited love :'(
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 11:22:54 AM
There are other bits of men that have their uses though, so perhaps not all is lost, or unrequited, Maya gets his eyes, but take your pick on any other bit you might like!!!!!!!! ;-).

His? Lol Zombie is all women..... :)

vvvv Phew my heart is no longer broken
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2013 12:50:23 AM
Oh dear, what a to do! I think the friend meant well in asking you out but threes a crowd. Most folk dump their friends when they have a partner. I often believe this is their insecurity as they view singles as a threat. Try and move on from your boy friend. Try and move away from your friend.. Just re read the title how do you cope . . . Well I find the best way to cope in similar situation is to bit ch the person off to as many people as possible. To go over and over about it in your mind till you are almost crazy. To cry. To suddenly say out loud in a public place "the bi tch"eventually the feelings of injustice will subside. You will bump into her. Say hi after small talk walk away and think stupid cow she can bollox. . That type of thing.
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2013 3:52:52 AM

i think we need to be doing a three-some personally speaking ...me, zombie and sown!

you up for it, sown?

;)

Absolutely, what person in their right mind would pass up that kind of offer!!
 icarusi
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2013 3:58:41 PM
I had 3 different folks go 'off-hand' on me in a short space of time leaving me virtually friendless. I'd put myself out for them but there was little reciprocation, so I let it be. It was tough at the time, life's too short to always being the one to mend fences and make exceptions for poor behaviour. I tend to use the 'selfish gene' option now for these things, one chance maybe two at a pinch, but once it's getting to 3 or more it's usually not worth the bother.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2013 11:51:39 PM
I think it is the fact that my boyfreind and I split too - well, actually we didn't split as such - he is in prison but has not contacted me since before he went in, over 2 months ago. I only know what I know through a friend of a friend of his, so I have a lot of unanawered questions about that too and I miss him so much.

Maybe you need reassess the type of people you get involved with otherwise you could just be setting yourself up for drama's forever more.
PS.
At least you know he is not cheating,at least not with the opposite sex ;-)
PPS.
I would not chase someone who has chosen to behave towards me in such a nasty fashion.
Doing so gives them massive control over any future relationship you may have with them.
Friendships should be built on mutual respect and understanding.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2013 7:33:32 AM
As i refuse to comment on the latest version of this thread, i will bring you part two of my remedy. That is not to go on any computer but listen to maudlin music and cry some more. I have been singing let it please be him, realised by Shirley Bassi in uk, constantly since reading you most recent one. The english have a saying ." spit on your hands, and take a fresh grip." speak to real people not me or this lot! The samaritons etc as they are better and qualified. Your low self estime with take a further battering on here.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >