Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 62
view profile
History
How do you cope when your best friend dumps you?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

i think we need to be doing a three-some personally speaking ...me, zombie and sown!

you up for it, sown?

;)

Absolutely, what person in their right mind would pass up that kind of offer!!
 icarusi
Msg: 65
view profile
History
How do you cope when your best friend dumps you?
Posted: 2/17/2013 3:58:41 PM
I had 3 different folks go 'off-hand' on me in a short space of time leaving me virtually friendless. I'd put myself out for them but there was little reciprocation, so I let it be. It was tough at the time, life's too short to always being the one to mend fences and make exceptions for poor behaviour. I tend to use the 'selfish gene' option now for these things, one chance maybe two at a pinch, but once it's getting to 3 or more it's usually not worth the bother.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2013 11:51:39 PM
I think it is the fact that my boyfreind and I split too - well, actually we didn't split as such - he is in prison but has not contacted me since before he went in, over 2 months ago. I only know what I know through a friend of a friend of his, so I have a lot of unanawered questions about that too and I miss him so much.

Maybe you need reassess the type of people you get involved with otherwise you could just be setting yourself up for drama's forever more.
PS.
At least you know he is not cheating,at least not with the opposite sex ;-)
PPS.
I would not chase someone who has chosen to behave towards me in such a nasty fashion.
Doing so gives them massive control over any future relationship you may have with them.
Friendships should be built on mutual respect and understanding.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2013 7:33:32 AM
As i refuse to comment on the latest version of this thread, i will bring you part two of my remedy. That is not to go on any computer but listen to maudlin music and cry some more. I have been singing let it please be him, realised by Shirley Bassi in uk, constantly since reading you most recent one. The english have a saying ." spit on your hands, and take a fresh grip." speak to real people not me or this lot! The samaritons etc as they are better and qualified. Your low self estime with take a further battering on here.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >