Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AthenaMarina
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Do men on these sites actually want a relationship or just sex?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Ha ha ha
Yeah I'm 39
I think they are thinking - cougar! Hot sex!
Some of them are cute too...but it's just give me a bit of romance with my sex please, guys!
But yeah, I know, some people would LOVE to have MY problem!!
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Do men on these sites actually want a relationship or just sex?
Posted: 2/18/2013 10:43:17 AM

Yep your headline will generate you lots of replies, watch for every weirdo and player to make a beeline for your inbox. Quality of respondent is actually more important than number though, dont miss the gem in gravel.

Have to agree with VC on your headline OP. You are being tongue in cheek but not everyone will get this. The increased traffic may have been down to the random pic you had, even I had to look at wtf it was!!!
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2013 12:02:37 PM

Just sex for me... relationships are ok but at the mo im happy taking whats on offer

LOL you wh*rebag Object.

At least you're honest, can't imagine you are short on offers anyway ;)
 Chuzz16
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2013 1:54:56 PM
Haha V.C, I remember the rediffusion T.V wall box. How funny, we were only talking about them at work the other day.
 algha
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/14/2013 5:11:09 PM
One would imagine that by the time a woman was 30-35 she just might have realised that men have their brains mainly in their trousers, and not be blinded by hope that the obvious, and experience have not become obscure.

Has anyone looked at the divorce figures, the abused 1 in 4 children, the rapes, the grooming, the psychological and physical abuse. What about the 2 million women physically abused every year, as reported my the police stats????

Has not experience shown you how the loving prince became the live in psychopath, with the constant put downs, till the separation happened? Is life experience counting for nothing???

Ok so let us look worldwide. males have a problem with women, or did I miss a trick? OK, so you are the lucky one are you??? So what the hell are or is anyone on this site for if not groping and hoping for that savior, MR. Right and Bright, smiles and jokes for a time, then the put downs, maybe you like a bit of rough trade?

So how can you find out who is genuine, when you have proved you cannot tell the fake from a fake How can one see into the psycho's mind??? Looking lustfully at his eyes??? Well where has that got anyone to date??? Back in the circus, with the performing fakes of course.

One can tell what a person is like from the way a person eats a meal, or has a drink. Its soooo simple if you use your eyes and not the candle of hope. You can tell his insecurity index, his greed index, how selfish he is, and lots more. But why bother as the drink hits, the warmth starts, the banter, adn flirting starts, and the trip on another SKYLARK is accompanied by the piped music.

So why not have fun for a time, and then realise you wasted your time yet again....... Males in general have a problem with women, remember the stats, they are shocking, and you will never believe it, but I have asked males if they have ever known a rapist, child abuser, violent women beater, not one in thousands I have asked has ever know one either directly or indirectly. Thus the average ,ale has a propensity to be economical with the truth, as in pathological liars, but that is my experience. I treat them for what they are, one earns respect, not demands it, so what is your experience, or is this site full of lucky women, striking the decent males every time????
 try1more
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2013 9:48:55 PM
"Do men on these sites actually want a relationship or just sex?"

damn it! you mean we can have both?
i thought you had to chose between the one and the other :-)
 daver987654
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2013 3:07:59 AM
Mabbot - you're right to be wary, always meet in a public place where there are other people about - that does not mean a car park. I am always happy to give someone my car registration number and mobile number beforehand.

You don't get the ability to edit until your millionth post or so.

Back to the topic - some men on these sites are just here for sex. I am one of those not interested in one night stands, it is not just a female thing, been there, done that and no longer interested.
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2013 8:00:02 AM

Not sure how not having a pic would guarantee the messages/ approaches were more genuine.

Definitely doesn't, When I tried that approach, I still got the same ridiculous kind of messages.

Also agree with being proactive but be mindful of the kind or guy you like to go for. I always go for wrong uns, cos that's what I like so I've only got myself to blame when I pick out the bad boys.
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM

And that if the sex is good.....and the chemistry is there....and the right buttons are pushed...and the right boxes are ticked....then he might just want to have sex with that person for the rest of his life

Er, seems someone was stating the obvious here. Also I don't think this just applies to men!! Having sex with the same person for the rest of time and no one else seems very unappealing!!
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2013 6:07:10 AM

It isn't, you just haven't met the right person yet. I was married for 18 years, and trust me, sex with the same person works as long as other boxes are also being ticked

Expect you are right Poll. It's not so much the sex that might be the problem, it's the other boxes that also need to be ticked ;-)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >