Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Oh boy just found out he is a Jehova      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsMaggieMay
Msg: 42
Oh boy just found out he is a JehovaPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Personally, if I were an agnostic considering becoming religious ... I wouldn't pick the religions that say I could only have sex if I was trying to procreate ... and I most certainly would not pick a religion that said I wasn't allowed a blood transfusion if I needed blood after an accident OR that I would have to disown my own family forever if they chose not to have the same beliefs as me !

There are a lot of religions out there and lots of eligible bachelors that belong to them that are more "rational "/ don't make you feel like you're now in a jail / insane asylum ... just sayin

I have no interest in becoming a part of any organized religion at all. I certainly would not pick one where a fellow poster just told me that satan is my father. I guess since I don't believe as they do I am doomed to hell. Wow! Nice god you got there. Not one I am interested in believing in.

The guy is nice. We have a fun time together. I don't really care about anything else. I have no desire to get married or move in with anyone and I can't have children so I'm just looking for someone to have fun with and nothing else. If he starts with the religious bull crap of "satan is your daddy",or,"you're going to hell",then I will kick him to the curb.
 geawar
Msg: 43
Oh boy just found out he is a Jehova
Posted: 2/19/2013 3:12:32 PM
do you eat beef, pork, fish etc or is it only hunters that eat meat and the rest of the world is vegans?
 geawar
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/19/2013 3:13:41 PM
what is a xtian?
 MsMaggieMay
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/19/2013 3:16:02 PM

do you eat beef, pork, fish etc or is it only hunters that eat meat and the rest of the world is vegans?

Pardon? Did you get lost on the way to another thread?
 geawar
Msg: 46
Oh boy just found out he is a Jehovah
Posted: 2/19/2013 3:23:45 PM
being agnostic might make you not anything now, but when you die you will be in hell then. i know for a fact i was created. do you believe Nero was a Romanor even existed? can you prove. it is all theory no proven fact.
 geawar
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/19/2013 3:24:58 PM
no i know exactly where i am. answer my question.
 lostinalostworld
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/19/2013 3:56:57 PM
Okay, a JW that you KNOW won't try to convert you? Then why do I have total strangers that are JW tapping on my door all the time trying to convert me? Run!!!
 MsMaggieMay
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/19/2013 4:44:27 PM

being agnostic might make you not anything now, but when you die you will be in hell then.

Ok then.

no i know exactly where i am. answer my question.

I have no idea what your question is and I take orders from no one.
 nikkisenko
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/19/2013 5:11:13 PM
I have a JW in the family and this has been my personal experience with them.

*They do not out & out try to convert family and friends. But, there are subtle digs if the conversation ever strays that direction. (I suppose that could be said of any religion.)

*There does seem to be a cultish-like feel to the whole thing. If the member misses services, the fellow worshippers will descend. Literally, they will call & visit trying to determine why the member was absent. On the surface, it is supposed to be caring friends. But, something really doesn't feel right.

*Although they will respect our right to celebrate Christmas, birthdays, etc, this person never actually participates themselves. So, if you were looking at dating them, you would have to understand these kinds of celebrations would never be a shared experience.

These are just the things I have experienced.
 mermaid140
Msg: 51
Posted: 2/22/2013 8:45:04 AM
I wouldn't date a Jehovah or anyone that was involved in a cult. There is religion and their are cults. IMO, Jehovah Witnesses are cults..
 MsMaggieMay
Msg: 52
Posted: 2/22/2013 2:17:18 PM
I agree it's a cult,then again I pretty much think all religions are cults, but I wasn't really asking for advice on if I should date him or not only others personal experiences on dating someone whose beliefs differ greatly from yours.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Oh boy just found out he is a Jehova