Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 susiebt
Msg: 2
view profile
History
I need advice about how to move onPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
When ever Iam going through a bad patch I list all the things im greatfull for

I look at how things could be worse

With what you are going through its temporary , you will meet some one , you can make new friends ,

chin up ,, belly in ,, tits out and off you go )))))
 GeordieColin
Msg: 3
view profile
History
I need advice about how to move on
Posted: 2/18/2013 11:38:23 PM

chin up ,, belly in ,, tits out and off you go )))))

When I try that my knuckles drag across the ground
 Chuzz16
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2013 11:39:27 PM
Most of my friends are married or in relationships, they still go out, they aren't dead, I still see them.

As I said on another one of your threads, try joining a club, do some voluntary work (there are so many options there).

There have been times in my life when I have been very low. I used to swim a lot and found a mile or so in the pool used to do the trick. A walk, fresh air, just a change of scene.

One thing I will say to you though, and it's not slating your thread or you (although I'm sure some will) you really do have to get out there and do something. It's no good asking for advice and then just ignore it. I know it's not easy when you are on your own, but try. :)
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2013 12:37:14 AM
Without meaning to be harsh OP, stop wallowing. I'm not saying you haven't been through a hard time or that you are feeling low because of it, but really, life does go on.
The only person that can help you move on is you. Do something positive any time you are feeling down, bake a cake, go for a run, go shopping - you get the picture.
Life goes by too quickly to waste on feeling low.
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2013 1:57:10 AM

there are magic pills that they can dispense like sweeties...all the single Mums at school swear by them!.

I take offence to that..... !!!!
Clearly all single mum's cannot cope and are depressed so must resort to antidepressants??
I must've missed the memo....gotta go, have to make an appt with my GP....;)
 Jo van
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/19/2013 9:40:13 AM
I believe that CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?) Is the answer.
(I recommend that you 'Google it' , and read up. Pamphlets are also available from your doctor)

You need to recognise when your thought patterns are getting 'stuck in a rut', and change them.
It's not easy, at first it seems impossible.
But with determination, and practice, you can change the way you think. (About almost anything)
Good luck.

AthenaMarina
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2013 10:14:22 AM
I'm sorry you've been through this!

I wonder about www.meetup.com
there are lots of interest groups there, maybe you can make some new friends?
I like what others have said about thinking about things you feel grateful for. With your social life, meetup will help!
If you have the money, there are also social groups like Spice London but it seemed to pricey for ME.
If you have even MORE money you could always hire me as a life coach for a couple of sessions! to help boost your confidence & get a plan together!
I like the idea of getting Cognitive Behaviour Therapy that someone said.
And maybe listen to cheerful songs on youtube too for a bit of a boost.
HUGS!
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2013 9:49:25 AM
i see dimply has gone too then ? :|
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2013 10:04:36 AM
Goodness. Along with who? Have they rum away together?
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2013 10:18:29 AM

i see dimply has gone too then ? :|.

I believe she had a negative experience on here but has met someone outside of pof. Good for her!!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >